PDA

View Full Version : numel and slugma

nardface
6th June 2006, 10:27 PM
i'm a huuuuge sucker for numel, i love him to pieces, he's so cute i want to cuddle with him! camerupt is kind of cute as well, but i do shed a tear or two whenever one of my numel evolve.

recently in my emerald game, i've wanted to train some new pokemon, and step away from the usual numel, altaria, mawhile thing i've had going on for awhile now

i considered switching my numel out of my team for a slugma, then i did some reading and found that macargo (or whatever it is) is somewhat of a horrible pokemon. what do you guys think if i just trained a slugma and didn't evolve it?

also, i'm trianing a seviper, i'm not too confident on him, he is cool looking but...someone please tell me he will get better?

also wanting to trade in my swablu for something else...swablu's always seem to let me down before they evolve

right now the only two pokemon i'm satisfied with is lombre and marshtomp. aie yai yai

opinions? suggestions? thanks =)

Number1ChanseyFan
7th June 2006, 10:19 AM
[color=magenta]Well, it all depends on what you are trying for. If you are just playing in-game, you can pretty much use whatever Pokémon that you like. Generally, evolving will make them stronger too. If you want to battle competitively, then you will have to put a lot of time and effort into training your Pokémon, and you will want to use Pokémon that have good stats and can learn good movesets. This applies to battling other people, as well as the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

The most important thing in-game is just to have fun and use your favorite Pokémon. With a little bit of training, you can beat the game with practically any kinds of Pokémon in your team, no matter how strong or weak they are.

Elec Man EXE
7th June 2006, 01:54 PM
Magcargo isn't THAT bad. He's just got an absolute crap typing (Double weakness to Water and Ground, ouch). Pretty decent stats, though. Other than the fact that he doesn't get very many good attacks. Magma Armor is a worthless ability, but Flame Body is unique (Only Slugma/Magcargo and Magmar have it) and quite good.

Seviper is decent enough for attacking. Great stats in both Attack and Sp. Attack, so you can take him either way and make him good, plus he gets decent moves for each side (Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Return for physical, and Flamethrower, Crunch, Giga Drain for special). Unfortunately, attacking is all he can do, his defenses are crap and his speed is sub-par. Shed Skin is a great ability, too.

But like N1CF said, in-game you can use whatever you want and do just fine except for maybe the Frontier. I had a team consisting of Dustox, Nosepass, Seviper, Glalie, Flygon, and Swellow and I had no trouble beating the game.

Crazy Elf Boy
8th June 2006, 06:30 AM
There are two reasons that i have a Magcargo , they are
1: Another pokemon in the pokedex
2: I am not sure if this is true or not but i do it anyway, is that eggs will hatch faster if you have a pokemon with flame body eg Magcargo

while on the subject of trading your swablu for a different pokemon it is all a matter of what you like and what you don't, I fit was me i would trade it for a trapinch because

1: It evolves into Flygon and i love dragons
2: When it is a Vibrava or Flygon it has the advantage of learning fly which is a flying move and gets rid of the biggest problem for flying pokemon (Electricty) Since its part ground electric attacks don't affect it.

But still it is a matter of choice

Poryhedron
8th June 2006, 10:42 AM
2: I am not sure if this is true or not but i do it anyway, is that eggs will hatch faster if you have a pokemon with flame body eg Magcargo
It's true in Emerald, where they did a lot of expanding on Special Abilities (CompoundEyes will increase the chances of a wild pokémon holding an item!) It's not true in Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red or Leaf Green.