PDA

View Full Version : Master Ball?

Porygon X
27th March 2003, 07:19 AM
What Pokémon should I save the Master Ball for when I get Sapphire?

Oddish17
27th March 2003, 07:30 AM
Can't anybody decide things for themselves anymore? Use it for whatever you want, it is possible to catch each of those pokemon without a masterball. You could have at least asked this in the thread already created discussing the masterball.

Shadowfax
27th March 2003, 07:31 AM
Latias is probably the hardest to catch, cuz she always runs away ;O

Porygon X
27th March 2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Oddish17
You could have at least asked this in the thread already created discussing the masterball.

I'm sorry. I didn't notice that thread, I'll try to look for similar threads before posting something in the future.

Blue Kirin
27th March 2003, 09:54 AM
I say Latios/Latias because you can only encounter it randomly and it flees every single time.

Swinubman53
27th March 2003, 09:56 AM
yah i caught kyogre with a ultra ball on my third try save it for latias

Shuckle
27th March 2003, 10:23 AM
Why waste the masterball on a legendary? You're almost guaranteed to capture a legendary with a bit of patience and ample re-loading. Shiny PKMN on the other had are ultra rare - who can say they legitimately caught a shiny version of their favourite PKMN?

Save it for a shiny - everyone captures the legendaries not everyone captures a shiny [insert favourite PKMN].

Nevermore
27th March 2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Shuckle
Why waste the masterball on a legendary? You're almost guaranteed to capture a legendary with a bit of patience and ample re-loading. Shiny PKMN on the other had are ultra rare - who can say they legitimately caught a shiny version of their favourite PKMN?

Me! A shiny Ekans and a shiny Smoochum (after much re-hatching of the Odd Egg) both stored on my N64!

It's a toss up between shinies and Latis. If you can be bothered tracking down the Latis, keep it for a shiny Pokemon. Although let's face it, you can catch a shiny Pokemon if you have enough great/ultra balls always with you.

I say... Latias/os. I plan to use mine for Latias, 'cause it'll look cool when she's released from it in battle.

Shuckle
27th March 2003, 11:01 AM
Me! A shiny Ekans and a shiny Smoochum (after much re-hatching of the Odd Egg) both stored on my N64!

You lucky swine!

I tried so long to get a shiny shuckle in Gold but finding a normal shuckle was hard enough never mind repeating it over and over again... :(

I did get a shiny golbat though... :rolleyes:

Porygon X
27th March 2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Shuckle

Save it for a shiny - everyone captures the legendaries not everyone captures a shiny [insert favourite PKMN].

It's just that my fav Pokémon is Porygon, and as far as I know, you can't get Porygon in R/S at all (at least not without any special event. Hope still lives...).