PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime Hunters vs. New Super Mario Bros.

phaedrus
7th June 2006, 10:20 PM
which one tends to be better?

Roy Karrde
7th June 2006, 10:23 PM
I finished New Super Mario Bros, and really it wasn't that good. It can be finished in just a few hours, and really it didn't hold my interest. One thing I noticed was that there wasnt a landmark level or a level that when you think of the game, that level will come to mind. There is some things like the balancing mushroom level where when you step on a mushroom it tips far left and then far right. Which that level was fun, and the some what retro levels were fun. Although the boss battles were very very flat and with out any challenge. You beat one, you have pretty much beat them all except the last one and the first one. I would say rent it from a friend but do not buy it and expect any long term use out of it.

PNT510
8th June 2006, 01:56 AM
[b]Well I have only played the Metroid demo and didn't like it a whole lot so I am gonna say Mario. One of the better games for the DS. I really don't see how someone can say the game is too short. It's about as long as the other side scrolling mario's and they are often times talked about as the greatest games of all time.

Lezta
9th June 2006, 08:38 PM
Metriod is actually a bit meh. Sure, it's kinda neat as a tech demo but it actually fails to be much more than that. Unless you really want to get into into the multiplayer side of it - inwhich case it's a much better purchase than NSMB.

Otherwise, get NSMB.

phaedrus
9th June 2006, 10:20 PM
i tend to find FPS a little nauseating as well (e.g. MP2:E, sadly enough), so NSMB will probably be the game i get.

any way, i don't multiplayer often. i've used wifi for mario kart like 5 times, maximum.

Razola
10th June 2006, 02:34 PM
Metroid's single player is very lacking, but it has great multiplayer if you go online.

Mario is pretty damn good ,though.

Drago
12th June 2006, 03:12 AM
I've been playing NSMB for a couple days now, and so far it seems to me as though the levels are really quite short in comparison to older side-scrolling Marios. Well-designed, no doubt, but watching how fast the Mario icon moves along the progress mark on the bottom screen really gives you a feeling of how quickly you're zipping through a level.
That being said, it's still good fun, and I particularly find world 4 to have some pretty cool levels (come on Roy, didn't 4-3 jump out even a little bit?). I also love the design of the castle levels, quite reminiscent of those in SMW.
I think it's a worthwhile purchase, the alternate routes and three coins aren't challenging to uncover by any means, but they make things interesting at least.

Still haven't played Metroid, but the original demo didn't do much for me. Obviously it's changed a bit since then, but I guess it's just not my thing.