PDA

View Full Version : Downloads!

D!
10th June 2006, 10:34 AM
How much do you download?
What are you currently downloading?
What programs do you use?

Discuss it all, here!

I download about 15 gig a month alone, I recently started using Utorrent, and I am currently downloading thePokemon: Indigo Leagueseries..

Chris
12th June 2006, 03:48 AM
I average 150GB down and 70GB up every month, split between BitTorrent and HTTP traffic.

(Discussion of piracy isn't really welcome here, by the way.)

D!
13th June 2006, 01:25 AM
Wow, that's a lot. I wish I had unlimited downloads..

Really? Well it's not like we don't already own the stuff we're downloading, right..
>_>
<_<

Alucard
13th June 2006, 04:41 PM
Fuck me who's your ISP Chris? I'm limited to 40 a month which I constantly go over.

Little_Pikachu
13th June 2006, 09:44 PM
More than I actually bother to count :P But just posting in this thread to say that I honestly thought download limits were something AOL made up to make themselves look better when they offered a service without one.

Blueyonder 4 lyf.

D!
14th June 2006, 06:07 AM
The most annoying thing when looking for a new internet host is when they say Unlimited Downloads, so you go running to their website - only to find they have a limit.

*Has just downloaded Pokemon episodes.* Hoorah.

My computer hasn't rested for over a week now. Non-stop downloading extremo bonanza fineto.

Chris
14th June 2006, 01:06 PM
Fuck me who's your ISP Chris? I'm limited to 40 a month which I constantly go over.

I've been a blueyonder customer for 5 years. They just merged with NTL though, so we'll soon see how long it takes before NTL's "limit the shit out of everything" tactics are used.

Silencer
17th June 2006, 09:15 AM
Wow, high limits. We got a limit of 10 GB but that's probably because we have the cheapest form of service (cheapass dad)

Dark-San
17th June 2006, 10:22 AM
[b][size=3] Mine is unlimited and I pay like S$50 per month. Well actually it is my Dad who still pay for the bills. =/

Eitherway, my download averages 40G per month which is quite usual. And how on earth you download that many stuffs, Chris?

Chris
18th June 2006, 02:25 AM
[b][size=3] And how on earth you download that many stuffs, Chris?

Unmetered 10mbit connection at home, plus I own another 100mbit dedicated server elsewhere. A lot gets transferred between the two.