PDA

View Full Version : XAMPP help!

D!
14th June 2006, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, I recently installed a program called XAMPP, but I have a problem..

I have Apache and Mysql running, and the PHP files I want to view are in the proper destination. Also, Localhost won't seem to load, either..
Does anyone know the problem? Is it just a case of forwarding my ports, or something?

If there's a program I should be using instead of it, that is best-suited for those with an IQ lower than a walnut, the download link would be appreciated. I need to be able to test PHP pages easily, so I can learn it the best way.

Thanks, guys!

Chris
14th June 2006, 01:04 PM
You should set up each component server separately and work out which one is causing the problem that way. Start off by installing Apache, then Perl, then PHP, then MySQL. If the installation stops working at some point, you can quickly work out what the problem is.

D!
15th June 2006, 01:17 AM
Hmmm, I'll try that. Thanks, dude.

EDIT-

Installation runs smoothly. It's just when I run pages, the PHP I added never shows up.. It's all correct, too.

I think the main problem is my computer..
I haven't formatted for about a year. I think I'll do it on Sunday.. With all the s_hit I have on my computer, it'll take 3 days to sort it out. I have half-downloaded files all over the place.. Programs I never use.. Programs I haven't installed..
It's a good computer, but because it's so messy, it runs like an ass. I have all these useless programs running in the background all the time..

EDIT -

W00t, works now!