PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys know of any..

D!
14th June 2006, 06:37 AM
Do you guys know of any of the following:

- Really politically incorrect punk and/or heavy bands like Angry Samoans.. (Preferably American. No offence you UK people! I love your country!)
- Heavy horror-punk bands like Murderdolls..
- Indie bands like Bright Eyes or Son, Ambulance..
- J-rock bands like the pillows..

Thanks!

(By the way, anyone may freely ask questions like the above ones)

Gengachu
14th June 2006, 11:19 PM
Do you guys know of any of the following:

- Really politically incorrect punk and/or heavy bands like Angry Samoans.. (Preferably American. No offence you UK people! I love your country!)I think, industrial-thrash band, KMFDM may be up your alley. They have a lot of politically incorrect lyrics such as "I'm a man who's sick, but I got class, cuz you only got respect when you're kickin' ass." They're culturally mixed. Some members are Germans, some Americans, one British, and one Swedish. Most of their stuff is out of print, but it can be downloaded pretty easily.

- Heavy horror-punk bands like Murderdolls..Umm...White Zombie, maybe? Probably not.

- Indie bands like Bright Eyes or Son, Ambulance..Indie is such a vague term. I guess you mean Country/Folk-ish indie bands. You might like Sufjan Stevens.

D!
15th June 2006, 01:15 AM
Also like Belle & Sebastian, but I don't know if they're indie..

I'll try and find some industrial-thrash metal, and I'll check to see if I can find some White Zombie at Isohunt.
Thanks, dude!

Magmar
18th June 2006, 09:43 AM
Politically incorrect punk. I think you find those words in the dictionary next to the definition of the band NOFX. Then again, I love NOFX like I love my nuts, so.

PNT510
5th July 2006, 07:46 PM
[b]Guttermouth is another good politically incorrect punk band.

Tyler and Hobbes
6th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Hmmm..... I dunno... I guess you could try the Manic Street Preachers on for size, though they're (if I remember correctly) from the UK... But as from indie, you're best bet for what you're looking for is Bright Eyes, which you've already mentioned. Desaparacidos are pretty good too, as well as the fade, but don't expect Oberst when listening to them...

Dark Dragonite
6th July 2006, 01:32 PM
horror based...

My Chemical Romance(first cd is better)
and
Murder by death...

Sceptile_Master
6th July 2006, 07:53 PM
My chemical romance, punk WTF! Are you tripping. Anyways not heard of the indei bands you listed there but an indie rock band I've been getting into recently are death from above 1979. Check them out.

Dark Dragonite
6th July 2006, 11:57 PM
Well, I'm one of the few in the know, who say fuck the memo, and fuck Genres...music is music...so simple, but in man's ever vigilant attempt to categorize everything by every slightest detail, just to make something different, so there's something else to fight and die over...

Sceptile_Master
7th July 2006, 02:10 PM
Well if hes asking for a genre specific question and you give a something and then when proved wrong say fuck I don't quiet get where your coming from. Music may just be music but your ignorance obviously shows me your not a musician. It's ignorant to ignore the categorization of different styles of music. Because the slighest details are never very slight in music are they I mena if you ask a band what type of music they play and they say we just play music it doesn't exactly help does it?

Dark Dragonite
7th July 2006, 03:05 PM
actually, I play bass and lead guitar...I just choose to play whatever I feel, not just 1 genre...
And actually, if you want to go by other people's view, MCR is punk...what do you call their music?
you can find their music on plyrics, not azlyrics, p stands for punk...they're not emo...I sure wouldn't call them alternative...

Could you please show me facts that I am "proved wrong"...

Oh, and if you're looking for anti-government(US specific), look at compilations, there are tons of various artist cds against Bush, such as Rock against Bush Vol.1 and 2, and Anti flag would be good too...

Sceptile_Master
7th July 2006, 06:53 PM
They share no common similarities with punk almost what-so-ever. Tell me the punk similarities they have. They'd definetely fall under either alternative rock or post-hardcore. Don't see why you wouldn't call them alternative rock either. I dunno chekc a few net articles like wikipedia or something out. They usually get the genres very correct from past experiences.