PDA

View Full Version : Finalization: In Our Own Hands

Bulbasaur4
14th June 2006, 01:00 PM
[color=royalblue]

Okay... I'm still a moderator and as long as I am one, I'm going to piece things together.

There has been much talk about moderation in general... and I have read every thing that every one has said in that topic and I have come to a conclusion. This conclusion is the same one that I suggested in the topic... but I am reitterating it here.

I have... despite my own dislike, been involved in more bullcrap than ever now that I am resigning... or at least, I think I am resigning. However, I might not resign because I have an idea that I think would make everyone happy and I think would cut out much political debate... but I need to know if everyone agrees on it.

The winner of the voting topic was Weasel Overlord, which I think is an excellent choice. However, many of you may or may not know, that Tony (Tsukasa) has been wanting to be temporarily moved from his modding position. This is only temporary for now... until he decides himself if he would like to come back or not. So, Weasel Overlord can take his position and I would like to 'try out' my new idea.
I have heard that there is much tension between... a few members, or perhaps just one and I want to try to put that at ease. I don't want people ganging up on others like they did to Outlaw and Gav, because it only caused hard feelings and I'm not that sure if things overall improved. (Yeah, got more active but it got messy to... right?)

So here is my idea...

If we have myself as a moderator, Roy Karrde as a moderator and Weasel Overlord as the temp. moderator replacement... this is what I suggest for a new vamped moderation system.

Since Weasel Overlord has been every active in ASBRPG AND because she helped suggest it... and because I don't think she'd mind, she would be put in as a moderator over ASBRPG. However, Roy Karrde would join her and almost become the moderator of ASBRPG. I think that would be an obvious choice for him... since he mostly does all the topics (with a few rounded up help with others) and has been working on it feverishly.

If people do not mind or do not care, then I would be the moderator of the main RPG forum and the lounge. I would stick around if this happened... just because I believe that the bullcrap (political... oh no! That WORD) would dramatically decrease if not disappear altogether. I've been here long enough and I really love my RPG forum (*hugs* muh baby!) and that is why I don' t think there would be much disagreement. I will offer not to resign then... mostly because then I don't have to deal with the political crap because I strongly believe there would be none since I do not believe anyone has beef with me. (It is what is for dinner... god I must be tired to crack these lame lame jokes...) I'm not a huge participant in ASBRPG anyways...

This way, moderation would be divided up and the ideas that everyone put forth would be some-what issued. We can't go with a forum that has no moderator, but we can cut it down to one and leave ASBRPG in its own little world. I would be willing to try this out and see how it goes... and if I feel that things have changed and the mood of this forum has been uplifted, then good! I'm happy with recalling my resignation. If it doesn't change... then we'll move the moderators around and probably take me off.

I am really happy with this idea... I'm hoping everyone will be to. I just want to know your opinion and if you agree before I go talk to Suz about it.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
14th June 2006, 01:22 PM
I think it's a good idea(like I mentioned in the other topic).. do Ryan and WO agree? (though I'm quite sure that you've asked them before putting this up).

Bulbasaur4
14th June 2006, 01:25 PM
[color=royalblue]
Ryan has already talked about the division of moderation duties although we never clarified how. I did not feel the need to get a hold of them directly in order to get their opinion either. I felt that they could simply put what they think here or PM me if they wish to do otherwise. This isn't a poll, a petition or anything severe like that so it really shouldn't be a surprise.

Not to mention I want this to be done and over... so I'm taking a swift approach. Wrestling with the bull... yah know... *take down*

Outlaw JT
14th June 2006, 01:26 PM
While I would prefer the modship be 2 and 2 based off this idea (2 ASB/RPG and 2 RPG/RPG Lounge) I think it is worth a try. I have no strong feelings either way without seeing the idea in action, though.

Asilynne
14th June 2006, 01:49 PM
I hope Im not the bull your wrestling with ;.; I just posted my opinions lol
Anyway you already know what I think ^v^

Bulbasaur4
14th June 2006, 03:24 PM
[color=royalblue]
Lol... no Asi, you are not the bull. XD

Weasel Overlord
14th June 2006, 03:53 PM
[color=silver]Well, I'm fine with this, though I did think that the position would be permanent, but hey, I cetainly don't mind looking after asb/rpg either, since I was kinda expecting that anyway *shrug*

Samchu
14th June 2006, 04:03 PM
I think this is a really good idea. Things seem pretty quiet in RPG/Lounge so I can't see us needing more than 1 mod (and Kalah you do do it so well) and ASBRPG is still finding its feet so giving it 2 mods that have been actively involved in its creationg seems reasonable. I say we try it, anything to keep Kalah from resigning.

Roy Karrde
14th June 2006, 05:10 PM
Well I wish you would have talked to me about this Kalah, but I am glad to hear that you may be staying. As for Tony what I have talked to him it looks like he will and is gone for good. He is saying he is leaving TPM for good so WO will most likely not just be temp. That being said I would like to offer this change to your idea Kalah. When I came aboard, I promised not only growth in the form of ASBRPG, I also promised growth in the RPG Forum. That ranges from creating things in the Lounge which I have done, to doing News Reports, to making parties, to trying to put together tournaments.

Truely and this isn't a power thing, I would feel that I would have let down my promise by just remaining in the ASBRPG Forum. So I would like to propose this instead, which I have already brought up to several people. That being a 1- 1- 1 divide. One RPG Mod, One ASB Mod, and One Both Mod. I love the ASBRPG Forum, it feels like a child to me that I have helped along. Yet both you and I do still have plans for the RPG Forum to spur growth, ranging from various tournaments, to other things, and I just would like to see that carried out.

Asilynne
14th June 2006, 05:30 PM
You dont get it Roy, this way youll still be able to carry out your plans for RPG but as a roleplayer like us. You can still suggest ideas and get events moving, heck Id like to host some events sometime ^-^ but thats the cool thing because with a mod like Kalah you dont have to be a mod to host events, Plantae's hosting the tourney and Gavs hosting the awards this year, and Bear hosted the awards one year too. So its not like youll be cut off from doing anything meaningful in RPG ^-~

Heald
14th June 2006, 05:33 PM
If we only have 1 mod for the ASB/RPG, can we at least have him/her employ 2-3 normal members who will act as 'Coordinators' as such who will help them in menial tasks such as managing the gyms and pokecenters and approving new trainers, plus taking part in management positions. Ever since Kalah announced her retirement, Roy has had to be a one-man team and that is pretty unfair on him, not to mention that this has significantly hampered the speed at which the ASB/RPG moves at. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed it's slown down dramatically ever since Kalah has stopped modding.

Drusilla
14th June 2006, 05:40 PM
Ya know, it's getting to the point where I really don't care what happens, as long as something gets done... we're spending quite a bit of time in debate but never actually accomplishing anything.

Come on, guys, I'm a Lutheran for crying out loud, and even I think it's time to take action...

How many Lutherans does it take to change a lightbulb? One to [eventaully] change it, and a committee to talk about how much better the old one was...

Plantae
14th June 2006, 06:16 PM
Apparently they do have wireless connections in Northern Wisconsin. Who knew? This does not mean I have more than about, oh, say, ten minutes.

I apologize for anything I might have stirred up lately.

In any case, this is a fine solution. As I've already said, I will follow this forum wherever it goes.

Well, that is, remarkably, all this trap has to spout for today. Cheerio everyone.

Bulbasaur4
15th June 2006, 12:14 AM
[color=royalblue]

Roy, no. I do not like your idea at all... and I don't think you've been listening to the members who have posted in that other topic regarding moderation in general. Most of them do not even want a moderator for the forum, so with that said we only need to have one moderator for both the main forum and the lounge forum. You belong in ASBRPG- that is your 'baby' and you are the most active and most appreciated there. Your promise, while very noble, isn't really cared about... and I doubt many people have been keeping tabs on it. With this reform, promises don't matter... you made a promise to do what the Rpers want, and it looks to me like all of them agree on this.

We don't need an overseer for everything.

Roy Karrde
15th June 2006, 12:20 AM
Fare enough, if we can keep a steady amount of creativity and events coming in such as RPG News, RPG Tournament, and other events. Then I would be more than happy to go with it your way Kalah. It sounds perfectly fine too, it is just this topic kind of hit me out of left field. And as Asi pointed out it doesnt matter if I mod the RPG forum or not, I can still make topics and influence in other ways and help out, while still continuing my work on ASBRPG. So lets try it that way.