PDA

View Full Version : Andrew VS Ace64 - Ref Chris 2.0

Andrew
14th June 2006, 11:42 PM
Well as the 4th battle spot is soon to dissapear, I want to start up a battle ASAP ok kiddies!

So, a 2 on 2 Melee sounds good for me.

I choose my Aerodactal M first off... you choose your next Pokemon, then I pick my second and then you pick the final pokemon and attack first.

Arena... Let's go with a normal arena Indigo Stadium, early morning.

Ref, yes please.

Ace64
14th June 2006, 11:59 PM
Well, the speed depends on the ref, right?

In any case, I'll go with April, my (F) Delibird.

Andrew
15th June 2006, 12:25 AM
Righto, my second choice will be my deligtful Jynx, Vicki Pollard. Yea but no, but yea.

Oh and Aerodactal is AerodactOz!

Ace64
15th June 2006, 09:31 AM
I'll go with Firefly, my M Volbeat.

Anywho..April, start with Water Pulse, then Blizzard on AerodactOZ. Finish with a Present on the two of them.

Firefly, Confuse Ray on Vicki, then Thunderbolt on AeroOz. Finish with Silver Wind on Vicki.

EDIT: Damn, THAT 2 on 2.

Andrew
16th June 2006, 10:02 PM
Nope. And you've got to post attacks for Voltbeat as well! Let's feel free to start!

Andrew
21st June 2006, 09:23 PM
Ok AerodactOz, use a protect to shield yourself and Vicki! THen use an Agility with Vicki on your back to get away from teh attacks and finish off with a Flamethrower on Delibird.

Vicki, I want you to use Psychic to get aboard Aero and hold on tight! If you can, hold onto OzAero while he's using Agility and use yourself a Calm Mind. Finish off by using a Blizzard to overpower the silver wind!

SUBS - Use Psychic or Agility to make sure Vicky stays on OzAero at aLL TIMES. Both of you.

Chris 2.1
22nd June 2006, 07:55 AM
Time to get back into reffing....*pulls up sleeves*

Sorry, no sprites, fantastic colours etc all from me!

Andrew VS Ace64
Double Battle

In the grand Indigo Stadium, Andrew shouts all around.

"WHO WILL CHALLANGE ME! Will it be you? Or you? Or even.....you?"

Alf, the resident ASB Janitor, grumbles and walks off.

From the trainer tunnel, a figure emerges. It's Ace, of the 64 variety. While still being new around ASB, Ace has already proven himself as a competant battler, a daring coordinator and an efficient ref. He takes to the trainer stand opposite Andrew.

"AerodactOz!" Andrew cries, releasing the ancient Pokemon. With rough, leathery hide, Aerodactoz flaps his powerful, skeletal wings proudly as Ace sends out a rather perky looking Delibird, named April. She grips a sack of presents tightly, deciding to leave it by the side of the battlefield should she need it.

Seeing this, Andrew sends out Vicki, his Jynx. Her most achieveable feat in ASB is showing off her Poke-fixtures to all in the March Contest, resulting in Disqualification. She settles herself down, making sure her Sports Bra is fixed firmly on, and readies herself.

Musing somewhat, Ace sends out Firefly, the aptly named Volbeat. His back end glowing like a lightbulb, the firely sweeps into the skies and cries out happily. The somehow adorable Volbeat and Delibird make an interesting contrasts to Andrews team....with faces only a mother could love.

Aerodactyl -- AerodactOz[m]
Stats: 100% health
Energy: Good
Protect -- Agility (avec Vicki) -- Flamethrower (Delibird)

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Psychic (to get on Aerodactyl) -- Calm Mind -- Blizzard (Silver Wind/Volbeat)

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Water Pulse -- Blizzard (Aerodactyl) -- Present (Both)

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Confuse Ray (Jynx) -- Thunderbolt (Aerodactyl) -- Silver Wind (Jynx)

After an introduction big enough to slay a walrus, the battle commences. Firefly sweeps up into the sky and, wiggling his behind, shoots an etheral beam of light through the air. AerodactOz, seeing this, focuses and conjures up a protective barrier, the perimeter of which only covers himself. Vicki is struck in the eyes and wails profoundly, staggering around and mumbling nonsensical gibberish. April, meanwhile, opens her beak and blasts a jet of water at the foe, only to have it smash against the protective shield.

Vicki concentrates hard, and leaps onto the foe's back, using her psychic powers to root herself down like an oversized growth. Meanwhile, AerodactOz sweeps on through the air, Vikki struggling to hold on. Her confused status means she has a difficult time maintaing a grip. Unfortunately, she cannot calm her already dizzied mind, for her energy is spent fixing herself to her ally.

Cries are heard from Ace's side of the field. A jagged bolt of crackling energy arches up through the air, which Aerodactyl sees from afar. Darting out of the way, he sharply twists to avoid the attack, and when he sees a sweeping mass of chilled crystals, he knows what he has to do. Darting up, AerodactOz avoids the attack, but Vicki cannot hold on and thus falls to the ground, wailing and tugging her hair in a vain attempt to do something.

Vicki takes a small amount of damage as she lands, but it seems to have helped shake her confusion. However despite that, her head is rather sore from the fall. She looks around and sees AerodactOz flying down to get her, ignoring all orders to try and get his foe on his back. Vicki nods, clambeirng onto his back.

April, meanwhile, drags her sack onto the battlefield and rummages inside. Pulling a carefully wrapped box out, she gets a marker pen (from where? who knows) and scribbles 'To AerodactOz and Vicki. Good luck in the battle! April x' and hurls it through the air. The big present, big enough for both to share, explodes in their faces, just before Vicki got on board AerodactOz airlines.

As the round ends, Firefly begins flapping his wings firmly. He beats them hard and they shimmer silver. Glistening powder scatters as a wind sweeps forward at Vicki, ploughing into her as she used her energy staying on AerodactOz's back. She braces the powerful attack and is left with ruffled hair and a loss of HP.

Stats: 95% health
Attack first next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 84% health
Other: Sore Head
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Attack second next round

A Few Notes

-Energy

I'm reffing Energy on a colour scale. It will work like this:
Green = Ok (100-80%)
L. Green = Still going (80-60%)
Yellow = Beginning to tire (60-40%)
Orange = Feeling fatigued (40-20%)
Red = Exhausted (20-0%)

And after Red, they will collapse from exhaustion.

-OzAndrew

Vicki couldn't pull off her calm mind because she was using her psychic powers to grip tightly onto AerodactOz's back. Given Aerodactyl has a thin back, it's worth noting the psychic would have been kept up almost the entire round, seeing as Vicki would need to grip extra tight while the wings flapped etc. This will drain her energy very quickly.

Agility and Psychic subs meant that they missed their third action getting back on each other. Vicky is on AerodactOz's back for the start of Round 2.

Any other problems, let me know.

Andrew
25th June 2006, 11:45 PM
Oh Vicki you stupid whore! "Yea, but no, but yea, but SHUT UP WHATEVER!" USELESS AS A MONTH OF SUNDAYS YOU ARE! "YOU WAS RIGHT WRONG ABOUT MES!"

Ok, let's start off by using an ice beam on that icky bug, then fire off a shadow ball at Delibird and finish off by using a Blizzard on buggy.

OzAero, I want you to start off with a Flamethrower on Delibird (Delightful creatures, I used to own one!) then I want you to use a HAIPER BEAMERZ on Buggy and finish off by using a focused Sandstorm on Delibird. Like in that little tornado!

Ace64
26th June 2006, 12:30 AM
*shiver* I sense much hate in this one...

Okay, the flying Jynx-Aero thing isn't working for me, but there is one good thing here. Jynx can't fire below Aero unless she wants to hurt her teammate. So, Firefly, buzz below AeroOz and under the line of fire, then try a Thunder Wave on his underside. If his muscles keep him from firing that beam of haiper, fry him with Thunder. If he can fire it, use Quick Attack to dodge. Finally, fire a Shadow Ball at Jynx, and aim for the head.

Thunder Wave(Aero's belly)~Thunder(Aero)/Quick Attack~Shadow Ball(Jynx)

April, start with Rain Dance to cool you off. Next, try a Mud-Slap on Jynx, then while she's blind, slip her a nifty Present to shake her up. In fact, stay close to Jynx after your second attack. Maybe she'll get caught in the storm.

Rain Dance~Mud-Slap(Jynx)~Present(Jynx)

Chris 2.1
26th June 2006, 07:55 AM
Am I right in saying you want April to fly or not? Just making sure

Ace64
26th June 2006, 08:17 AM
Sorry. She can't slap Mud if she's in the air...dang. So she needs to stay on the ground. Firefly will fly.

Chris 2.1
26th June 2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I'll ref this tonight

Chris 2.1
29th June 2006, 08:45 AM
Reffing this now. Will edit with match

Edit :

Andrew VS Ace
Round II

Attack first next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 84% health
Other: Sore Head
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Attack second next round

Attacks

Jynx: Ice Beam (Volbeat) – Shadow Ball (Delibird) – Blizzard (Volbeat)
Aerodactyl: Flamethrower (Delibird) – Hyper Beam (Volbeat) – Sandstorm (concentrated @ Delibird)

Firefly: Thunder Wave(Aero's belly)~ Quick Attack~Shadow Ball(Jynx)
April: Rain Dance~Mud-Slap(Jynx)~Present(Jynx)

ROUND II BEGIN!

Riding on AerodactOz, Vicki surveyed the scene. She heard Ace ordering a thunder wave to Aerodactyl and did not take the news well. A group of chav-like girls in the stands whole-heartedly objected.

“Oh my god I so can’t believe they jus done that!” squawked one. “This is jus like the time Charlene told Anthony Buckdon she’d show him her lady garden for a bite of his funnyfoot!”

Firefly smiled gleefully, sweeping through the arena as his tail began emitting bright yellow sparks. AerodactOz gave a loud groan as the sparks crashed into his underside, causing him to groan immensely. He flew slightly limp and was obviously in a lot of pain. Vikki held on for dear life.

“You can’t use a thunderwave on its under belly thing!” screamed a fan. “That’s like – SO unfair! That’s well like criminal harassment or somfin like that or nothin.”

As this happened, April had begun an enchanting dance to cause rain to pepper the ground like watery gunfire. The combatants were nonplussed…except AerodactOz, who was feeling sore from the weight of Vicki on his back. He opened wide and blasted a torrent of flames from his mouth. They fizzed away in the rain and didn’t even reach April.

OzWhore tried to blast the ice beam at the foe, asking AerodactOz to maneuver around so as to strike Firefly. AerodactOz moved but was finding flying hard. The jutting ice beam struck Delibird by accident, bypassing Firefly completely.

April managed to retaliate, scooping up some muddy earth and hurling it at Jynx right as she charged a shadow ball up. The mud was sloppy and slapped into Jynx’ face but, thanks to the rain, it was quickly washed away, leaving her to blast the ball of shadowy umbra at her foe.

AerodactOz opened wide, firing an immense hyper beam. Firefly used quick attack to speed away, giggling to himself.

“Like what on eurf!?” cried a fan. “He ain’t even done nothing or nuffin!”

She was later removed from the stadium by Alf the Janitor.

Finally, her cheering squad having left, Vicki blasted a speeding cone of chilled air. The chunky ice crystals and cold air rushed across the raining stadium and flew at Firefly, who was weaving around the skies. He was struck, receiving slightly less damage and firing a shadow ball at OzWhore. Struck in the head, she stumbled backwards from AerodactOz and landed painfully.

She was in prime position to be hurt by Delibird as the plucky penguin pulled a present from her pouch. Hurling the gift at Jynx, the Pokemon barely had time to touch the delicate ribbons as it exploded in her face, singing some of her hair. As April celebrated, a swirling cyclone of dust and dirt encased her and caused her to receive light damage. She broke out, due to the rain, and the round subsequently ended.

Energy: Still Going
Other: Paralysed
Attack second next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 72% health
Other: Very sore Head. On the ground.
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 89% health
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 93% health
Attack first next round

Arena: Rain is falling for 2 more rounds

A Few Notes

-Jynx was hurled off AerodactOz following the ice beam. Ouch. She has quite a sore head which is likely to worsen if psychic attacks are used, or if it is targeted during the next round.

-AerodactOz can keep in the air, but his paralysis will affect movement. It will wear off after a few rounds if it is not irritated further.

Any other queries, let me know!

Ace64
29th June 2006, 10:36 AM
Heheh...eurf.

Okay, now that the dream team's broken up, let's keep it that way.

Firefly, try to nail AeroOz with a Thunder. His speed and the rain hopefully makes aiming a cinch. Next, fire a Shockwave, then divebomb Vicki and hit her with a Brick Break to the head.

Thunder(AeroOz)~Shockwave(AeroOz)~Brick Break(Vicki)

Good work, April. Take to the sky, then hit Vicki with a Secret Power. After that, fire an Ice Beam to put some weight on AeroOz's wings. If you connected, follow up with a Blizzard. If not, use an Aurora Beam.

Secret Power(Vicki)~Ice Beam~Blizzard (AeroOz)/Aurora Beam

Sub: If any more Hyper Beams come your way, use Quick Attack to dodge.

Andrew
4th July 2006, 02:27 AM
Oh yea but no but yea that is SO not legals. How can I possibly lose a melee match! My speciality! Yous are such bastards.

What are chavs? I've heard it on Doctor Who.. but?

Ok AeroOz, let's use an Agility + Bite on Delibird and hold him in your jaw for the rest of the round, biting as hard as possible. Hopefully Agility will get you away from the thunder on time. Plus I hope Delibird won't like the pain of being in your mouth.

Agility + Bite - Bite down on Delibird :)

Vicki, you chav I want you to use a Lovely Kiss on Voltbeat. Thanksfully it's a projectice so we can get him! If he falls asleep, use a Toxic on him and finish off with a Sweet Kiss on the Bug.

HOWEVER is the sleep fails, I want you to then use a Blizzard on the bug, and freeze him to death X 2.

Chris 2.1
11th July 2006, 01:18 PM
I'll get this reffed tonight. Promise!

Chris 2.1
11th July 2006, 02:19 PM
Andrew VS Ace64
Round III
Thunder and Ice

Attack second next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 72% health
Other: Very sore Head. On the ground.
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 89% health
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 93% health
Attack first next round

Arena: Rain is falling for 2 more rounds

Attacks

Aerodactyl: Agility + Bite --> (Delibird)
Jynx: Lovely Kiss -- Toxic/Blizzard -- Sweet Kiss/Blizzard (Volbeat)

Volbeat: Thunder(AeroOz) - Shockwave(AeroOz) - Brick Break(Vicki)
Delibird: Secret Power(Vicki) - Ice Beam - Blizzard (AeroOz)/Aurora Beam

BEGIN!

April unleashed flashing orbs towards Vicki. They were a white colour, quite plain, spiralling and exploding into the purple humanshape Pokemon dealing effective damage. As Firefly crackled with electricity, he released a sharp arc of lightening which streaked at AerodactOz. The beast flapped out the way, still paralysed, and was unfortunately struck by the tail-end of the attack, recieving less damage but deepening the paralysis. He chomped down on Delibird and crunched hard, dealing impressive damage. Vicki pucked up and blasted a large, red kiss at Volbeat, lulling him to sleep.

From Aerodactyl's mouth, Delibird turned towards the monster's body and fired off a pearly ice beam, managing only to freeze the dinosaur's tail. Aerodactyl crunched down harder in anger. Firefly snoozed on as Jynx spat a glob of toxic onto his skin. It slowly oozed into the Volbeat's skin and caused poison to trickle through his bloodstream.

Meanwhile, Vicki bent over the firefly and gave him a soft kiss, confusing him slightly. The dithery bug woke with a start, confused and feeling very ill. Subsequently he threw up over Vicki who gave a disgusted scream. Delibird, meanwhile, slightly confused by her trainers orders, blasted a beam of watery light at Aerodactylm managing to strike his side.

Stats: 76% health
Other: Paralysed, Tail encased in ice
Attack first next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 67% health
Other: Headache easing. Covered in vomit
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Other: In the jaws of AerodactOz
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 91% health
Other: Poisoned, Confused
Attack second next round

Arena: Rain is falling for 1 more rounds

A Few Notes

-Delibird used aurora beam because the action was to use it if the blizzard (to the wings) did not connect.

-Delibird is in AerodactOz's jaws

-Volbeat is mildly confused but the sleep regained a lot of his energy.

-AerodactOz's tail is frozen. This doesn't hinder his movement but is quite an effective as an ice-type iron tail. And his paralysis has deepened.

-Poison: 2%. Increases by 2% each round.

Thanks.

Andrew
14th July 2006, 01:04 AM
Why am I posting first? I posted first last time

Ace64
14th July 2006, 01:23 AM
Scroll up? I went first last round, you countered.

Ace64
18th July 2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry to double-post, but bumping for Andrew.

Andrew
19th July 2006, 01:00 AM
Oh... I'm not that stupid....

Or am I.

Big leathery dactal thingie, I want you to continue CRUNCHING down on Delibird not let that damn bird escape. Crunch X 3.

However, if it gets out, I want you to use a DragonBreath on the bug, then a flamethrower on Delibird and finish off with an Irony Ice Tail to that Bug.

Vicki Dear. Use a Wish, then, a delightful Ice Beam on the bug's butt to stop any glowyness and finish off with Skill Swap with either Delibird or the bug to hopefully get the ability to fly!

Ace64
19th July 2006, 05:41 PM
I just got an idea, and it's too cool to not try...

Firefly, I know you're a bit addled, but this is pretty simple. Go over to Vikki and use Trick on AeroOz. It's a bit creative, as neither Vicki nor April are 'items-' but it's worth a shot. If it's impossible to do, settle for Mimicking Aero's Crunch, and turning it on Vicki. Next, douse Aero with Water Pulse- we still have some rain, and finish with a Thunder Wave on Vicki, or Crunch if Mimic can't be used right away.

Trick(holding Vicki-AeroOz)/Mimic(AeroOz)~Water Pulse(AeroOz)~Thunder Wave(Vicki)/Crunch(Vicki)

April, NO! You're not a leftover! Turn your head towards AeroOz's mouth and fire an Ice Beam down his throat. If you still can't roll out of his jaw, Counter his next bite- maybe the payback can give you a chance to escape. If you're still a chew toy, Counter again. If not, freeze that wet bird into an ice sculpture with Blizzard.

[b]Ice Beam(AeroOz's throat)~Counter~Counter(if still chewed on)/Blizzard(AeroOz)

Chris 2.1
22nd July 2006, 09:45 AM
Andrew VS Ace
Round IV - Chris Finally Gets Round To Reffing

Other: Paralysed, Tail encased in ice
Attack first next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Other: Headache easing. Covered in vomit
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 91% health
Attack second next round

Arena: Rain is falling for 1 more rounds

Aerodactyl: Crunch(Delibird)/Dragonbreath(Volbeat) -- Crunch/Flamethrower(Delibird) -- Crunch(Delibird)/Iron Tail(Volbeat)
Jynx: Wish -- Ice Beam (Volbeat) -- Skill Swap (Delibird)

Volbeat: Mimic (Crunch: Jynx) -- Water Pulse (Aerodactyl) -- Thunderwave (Jynx)
Delibird: Ice Beam (Aerodactyl: Throat) -- Counter - Counter/Blizzard

Aerodactyl mused upon the economy's downfall as he chewed on the poor penguin-esque creature. As this happened, Jynx began putting her hands together and soothingly saying her name. Stars twirled around the humanshape Pokemon as she suddenly felt a white light engulf her, powering her desire, raising her determination.

April the Delibird, not content with being some sort of snack, turned and blasted a beam of ice down Aerodactyl's throat. Aerodactyl gave a shuddering gasp as his tonsils, throat and mouth were lined with frost and ice. Giving a wretch, the creature gagged momentarily, coughing up Delibird onto the floor, as well as someone who looked distinctly like Captain Caveman. He wandered away to the snack machine. Volbeat meanwhile, had finished figuring out the technique of crunching. He flew forward and sank his teeth into Vicki, dealing impressive (albeit lower than normal) damage.

Angered, Aerodactyl spewed a volcanic stream of silky flames that rocketed at Volbeat. He fired off a blast of icy water, and the two attacks rammed into each other, causing a thin coat of steam to filter into the air. Vicki blasted a beam of ice, but as Volbeat was facing her it merely slammed into his torso, which froze over slightly. April amused spectators by trying to counter....nothing.

Volbeat released a crackling web of electricity than slammed into Jynx and paralysed her. She gave a coarse moan as sparks danced along her ruffled hair. She began using her powers to try and swap mental states with Delibird...but she was unable to take his powers of flight. Delibird blasts a blizzard through the air, freezing Aerodactyl a little more. He retalliated by swiping his thick, icy tail around, smashing it into Volbeat and shattering the ice both on his tail and Volbeat's torso.

Stats: 60% health
Other: Paralysed, Psyched up
Attack second next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 61% health
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 69% health
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 73% health
Attack first next round

Arena: Rain has stopped.

Ace64
22nd July 2006, 10:50 AM
Whoops. Sorry April- wasted attack.

Let's make it up this round. Take to the sky to become a harder target and aim an Ice Beam at AeroOz's mouth. No more bite mishaps, yeah? Next use Blizzard on AeroOz and finish with another Water Pulse.
Ice Beam(AeroOz)~Blizzard(AeroOz)~Water Pulse(AeroOz)

Ok, Firefly, you take flight too- start by aiming a Signal Beam[b/] at Vikki's eyes. Next, fire a [b]Shadowball at Vikki's head. Finish with a Thunderbolt at AeroOz, after April's Water Pulse gets him nice and wet.
Signal Beam(Vikki)~Shadowball(Vicki)~Thunderbolt(AeroOz)

Andrew
24th July 2006, 12:43 AM
Oh dear! Vicki! We can't fly! Well, you are such a trollop.

Question, what did Wish do? recover energy?

Ok look out Vicki! I knew he'd try Signal beam, which is why I wanted you to freeze his ass! NOW look what's happened! if you were a proper lady this wouldn't have happened! Use an Ice Beam to beat the Signal Beam, then counter the ghost ball with your own ghost ball! Finish off by using a Psychic to stop that Delibird firing off an attack, like give it a psychic headlock or SOMETHING!

Ice Beam - Ghostly Ball - Psychic

OzAero, I want you to use a Flamethrower whilst April is in your mouth and then continue to Crunch down on the now crispy fried chicken. Finally, Using Crunch, use April as a shield against the thunderbolt so you'll both take damage!

Chris 2.1
24th July 2006, 09:00 AM
Wish basically rallies the user for the next few rounds. Check the Attack List Beta. It's also worth noting April isn't in Aerodactyl's mouth. I forgot to edit the last part of the stats, but did write this:

Giving a wretch, the creature gagged momentarily, coughing up Delibird onto the floor

Very sorry for causing confusion. It has had little effect on the round though.

Andrew VS Ace
Round V - This One's Quick

Stats: 60% health
Attack second next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 69% health
Other:
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 73% health
Attack first next round

Arena: Rain has stopped.

Delibird: Ice Beam(AeroOz) -- Blizzard(AeroOz) -- Water Pulse(AeroOz)
Volbeat: Signal Beam(Vikki) -- Shadowball(Vicki) -- Thunderbolt(AeroOz)

Jynx: Ice Beam - Ghostly Ball - Psychic
Aerodactyl: Flamethrower -- Crunch -- Grab April with jaws.

Delibird blasted an ice beam through the air, which struck Aerodactyl moments before he fired off a flamethrower to scorch April back. She coughed up soot and looked alarmed. Meanwhile, the twin beam of red and green energy was projected from Firefly's behind, sweeping through the air. Vikki blasted an ice beam in retalliation, but it was overpowered by the bug attack and hit Vikki.

April fired off a blizzard; the icy chips swept into AerodactOz, who proceeded to fight through the winds and crunch down on the hapless bird yet again. As Volbeat charged and subsequently released a shadow ball, Vikki managed to use her own and fire it at the attack. They rebounded off each other; Firefly's hit AerodactOz and Vikki's struck April.

April then proceeded to blast a watery jet at Aerodactyl, but the large dinosaur chomped on the penguin just as Volbeat blasted a spiralling twist of crackling sparks. Aerodactyl tried using April as a shield but both ended up taking damage in the end. Jynx used her psychic powers to choke April, strangling her and blocking her air supply.

Stats: 33% health
Energy: Beginning to Tire
Attack first next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 75% health
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 38% health
Other:
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Other: Poisoned
Attack second next round

Arena: Normal

Andrew
26th July 2006, 08:45 PM
V to the P to the Icky to the Ollard! We is so the best battlers. What are those moles doing on our turf. Vicki, let's use a Lovely Kiss on Delibird, then, plonk yourself on it with a nice body Slam, and finish off by Dynamic Punch on Delibird's head. If it flies or tries to avoid you and stuff out of the way, just go and Blizzard and Icebeam and whatever that Voltbeat to death, K.

Aero! giant dactal thing, you've yet to prove yourself on my team and Vicki has ALWAYS lost so if you lose, you're going to get a beating! As useless as a month of sundays.

Let's start off with a Dragonbreath, hopefully paralyzing that bug, then, follow up with a nice whirlwind to keep it off balance, and into that whirlwind, fire a flamethrower so we have a nice firey tornado to burn that bug!

Ace64
26th July 2006, 09:58 PM
Poor Firefly- who drew a target on your forehead?

No matter- set up a Substitute-how 10% will do, enough to take a Dragonbreath. Next, to boost your health, roost on AeroOz's back and use Giga Drain. Finally, since Dactyl is firing Flamethrower into his Whirlwind, not at you, take the chance to use Thunder.
Substitute(10%)~Giga Drain(AeroOz)~Water Pulse

April, everyone's ignoring you, so focus on taking out that Dactyl. Blizzard first, across Dactyl's body. Then, while Firefly is stealing health, use Rain Dance. Finish with Blizzard.
Blizzard(AeroOz)~Rain Dance~Blizzard(AeroOz)

Let's...extinct..that bird.

Chris 2.1
12th August 2006, 11:38 AM
It's up in a minute! Apologies x1

Andrew VS Ace
Round VI
Chris 2.0’s Life > You

Stats: 33% health
Attack first next round

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 38% health
Other:
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Attack second next round

Arena: Normal

Jynx: Lovely Kiss – Body Slam – DynamicPunch (All Delibird)
Aerodactyl: Dragonbreath – Whirlwind/Flamethrower (All Volbeat)

Volbeat: Substitute (10%) – Giga Drain (Aerodactyl) – Thunder
Delibird: Blizzard (Aerodactyl) – Rain Dance – Blizzard (Aerodactyl)

BEGIN!

Jynx put on her whorish lipstick and puckered up. Firefly made a small substitute, admiring his own handiwork, and watched as the lip-shaped projectile smashed against it. He gave a smirk as Aerodactyl blasted a tornado of green flames to scorch the substitute and rip it up admirably. The smirk was soon diminished from Volbeat’s face.

April summoned a cone of frosty ice to sweep up and attack Aerodactyl, dealing good damage to the prehistoric pterodactyl. Jynx took a few steps back before leaping high and smashing down on the tattered substitute, finally destroying it. Volbeat watched it, sighing to himself as he zipped up through the air and clung tightly between Aerodactyl’s shoulderblades. As he sapped the energy from the Pokemon’s back, he flapped a swirling gust of air forward, whipping up dust, debris and the remnants of Volbeat’s substitute. April watched fearfully as Aerodactyl spat a long stream of flames to engulf it and cause it to whip around wildly.

She clapped her hands and summoned rain clouds to cry upon the arena. The rain got heavier and heavier; soon the pellets of water peppered the ground like feverish gunfire as the referee got out a rather nice, official Quackman umbrella and held it aloof. The tornado lost some of its power but still collided into the nearest foe, April.

The rather cute Delibird recovered easily from the damage, and concentrated greatly on firing a cone of icy particles at Aerodactyl. Meanwhile Vikki, psyched from her wish previously, raced at Delibird with a glowing fist. In a flash, Aerodactyl was struck and gave a long, loud roar, while Jynx’ paralysis kicked in and she felt sparks erupt across her skin.

Firefly, still on Aerodactyl’s back, unleashed a crackling jet of golden sparks. With help from the skies, Firefly gave Aerodactyl a sharp, electric jolt that finally caused the large beast to roar in pain as he collapsed.

Vikki looked aghast. April and Firefly exchanged a smile. Ace wiped his brow of sweat (or rainwater, you tell me,) while Andrew begrudgingly recalled his fallen Pokemon and hurled abuse at Jynx.

Stats: 0% health
FAINTED

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 31% health
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 57% health
Attack first next round

Arena: Raining; 2 more rounds left

Ace64
12th August 2006, 03:56 PM
Okay, so kill Jynx time. Ready? Go!

Let's keep that muscle shock going- Firefly, give Vicki a nice Thunderbolt to remind her of her pain. Next, fire a Shadow Ball at her head, and finish with a Signal Beam. Keep your distance- use your wings.
Thunderbolt~Shadow Ball~Signal Beam

April, since you're an Ice-type, we're better up close. Start with a Swagger to keep her attention. Then follow up with a Mega Kick and a Secret Power.
Swagger~Mega Kick~Secret Power

Andrew
13th August 2006, 01:46 AM
Ok Vicki! I've got a plan! I want you to quickly teleport! Then use a Seismic Toss to grab onto Delibird and use him as a shield against the teammate's attacks. Continue to hold onto Delird, have his face AWAY from you and like, Lovely Kiss it to put it to sleep.
Teleport - Seismic Toss - Lovely Kiss (If he escapes, use Siesmic Toss again to use as a shield still)

Chris 2.1
13th August 2006, 01:58 PM
Andrew VS Ace
Round VII
Get This Out The Way – Then Theme Hospital!

FAINTED

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 31% health
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 57% health
Attack first next round

Arena: Raining; 2 more rounds left

Firefly: Thunderbolt – Shadow Ball – Signal Beam
April: Swagger – Mega Kick – Secret Power

Vikki: Teleport - Seismic Toss - Lovely Kiss (If he escapes, use Seismic Toss again to use as a shield still)

BEGIN!

A jagged bolt of crackling sparks were blasted from Firefly’s body. They surged through the air at Vikki, but she issued a small crack and in an instant had disappeared. She stood behind April, grabbing the plucky bird with her manly hands.

As Firefly unleashed a charged orb of dark, sinister shadow, Vikki held April up. The penguin gave a sharp yell as the attack smashed into her face. Vikki snickered as Firefly watched on. April used her mega kick as a form of retaliation, but it failed as Vikki held on tight. April did, however, successfully unleash a secret power; the orbs flew into the air but simply exploded.

Firefly, feeling pressured, blasted a signal beam. Those were his orders. He tried hitting Vikki but April took the hit just as Jynx pressed her lips into the foe’s neck, causing Delibird to gently slumber.

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 18% health
Other: Asleep
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 49% health
Attack second next round

Arena: Raining; 1 more round left

Andrew
14th August 2006, 02:42 AM
Oh Vicki! Good move! Ok keep holding onto April as our shield! I want you to Sweetly kiss her, just in case, but if you have to pick her up and hold her again, use Seismic Tosser to do so. Then I want you to use a verbal Taunt to get Firefly to attack our Birdy Shield. Finally, use a gentle lick on Delibird, just to Paralyze her.

Sweet Kiss - Taunt - Lick

Subs - Use Siesmic Toss to hold onto Delibird at any time.

Ace64
14th August 2006, 11:54 AM
....A Jynx using a Delibird as a human shield? This is a sight..

Firefly, I want you to charge Jynx, and create a few clones with Double Team. Hopefully, that will cause Jynx to toss April away and give us a chance to attack. Next, since we need some health, batten on her and Giga Drain. Keep draining away at her- we'll need the strength.

Double Team(rush Jynx)~Giga Drain~Giga Drain

Not much we can do, April. If you wake up this turn, Rapid Spin to loosen Jynx's grip. If not, just Relax. After that, just use Sleep Talk. If you wake up after the first turn, though, use Frustration to release your anger onto that Jynx. Nobody manhandles you!
Relax/Rapid Spin(if awake)~Sleep Talk/Frustration~Sleep Talk/Mega Punch(if awake by 2nd turn)

Also, just curious- how much is that poison doing each round?

Andrew
23rd August 2006, 08:39 PM
Don't mean to harrass you Chris, but, missing you :)

Congrats on the awards again.

Chris 2.1
24th August 2006, 06:25 AM
Soon my children. Soon.

x_X sorry I will get it done possibly tonight. I suck.

Chris 2.1
25th August 2006, 09:57 AM
The poison has increased by 2% each round since poisoned. It will do, IIRC, 8% this round.

Andrew VS Ace
Round VIII
Umm

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 18% health
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 49% health
Attack second next round

Arena: Raining; 1 more round left

Vikki: Sweet Kiss - Taunt - Lick. Subs - Use Siesmic Toss to hold onto Delibird at any time.

Firefly: Double Team(rush Jynx)~Giga Drain~Giga Drain
April: Relax/Rapid Spin(if awake)~Sleep Talk/Frustration~Sleep Talk/Mega Punch(if awake by 2nd turn)

Begin!

April relaxed calmly. As her muscles loosened, her captor planted a gentle kiss on the back of her neck, deepenng her sleep slightly. An entourage of Volbeat swept through the skies, racing at Jynx; she held April forward but the clones, still going, swept into the Delibird and dissapeared upon contact.

Frustrated, Volbeat's mood was further provoked by Vikki's incessant taunting from behind the still April. She stirred slightly; her beak opened dimly and a beam of pearly white energy was blasted from her mouth, slamming right into Firefly. Hurt, and slightly confused, he nevertheless raced around April and latched onto Jynx' head, draining some of her energy.

Giving her foe a strong, slobbering lick, Vikki caused April to shake and quiver dramatically, though still being asleep. Volbeat kept on draining away at her as she held the limp April, before flying back to Ace at the end of the round.

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Stats: 13% health
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 41% health
Other: Poisoned, Taunted
Attack first next round

Arena: The rain has stopped.

Notes

-Delibird's sleep talk produced ice beam but since she was asleep her attack flew straight ahead and, subsequently into Volbeat.
-Toxic will do 10% next round to Volbeat. It will then do 10% each round after that.
-April's sleep is lifting. She has recovered much energy from her sleep.

Ace64
25th August 2006, 11:25 AM
Agh, we're getting our asses kicked. Need to think more...

Firefly, land on Vicki's back again for another Giga Drain, then since you're there, pound her with a couple of Thunderpunches. Try and stir that paralysis up again.
Giga Drain~Thunderpunch X 2

April, just relax. If you wake up, use Rapid Spin to throw Vicki off of you. If she's already released you, or if you have time left, unleash your Frustration on her.
Relax
Sub: If you wake, Rapid Spin. After that, Body Slam.
If you wake and are released, Frustration. After that, Body Slam.

Chris 2.1
30th August 2006, 05:13 PM
Andreeew?

Andrew
2nd September 2006, 11:01 PM
Sorry, been in Hospital.

Like, yea....

Ok! Vicki! Teleport at the last minute to avoid the giga drain and reappear above him with a nasty Body Slam and as you're sitting on him, Ice Beam his arm to the ground so he can't thunderpunch you. Yea, do this to the bug.

Chris 2.1
10th September 2006, 08:07 AM
Andrew VS Ace
Round IX
How To Spend Sunday

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Attack first next round

Arena: Normal.

Volbeat: Giga Drain -- Thunderpunch X2
Delibird: Relax Sub: Rapid Spin/Frustration/Body Slam

Jynx: Teleport -- Body Slam -- Ice Beam (Volbeat)

BEGIN!

Volbeat swept through the air, eyes bright with passion and motive. As he got close to Vikki, however, she flashed white and dissapeared. Volbeat flew through the space she had inhabited; what on earth was going on? Jynx re-appeared in mid-air, forming her attack into a belly flop as she flew down at the still-moving Volbeat. Hitting a moving target was difficult; Vikki slammed into the ground, dealing damage to herself. April continued to sleep.

Volbeat, seeing his foe, whizzed through the air, tiny fist crackling with electricity. Vikki focused, mouth wide, wondering if her lipstick made her look like a clown or not. The orb of pearly white ice was propelled through the air; her orders (to freeze his arm to the ground) were slightly complex, since Volbeat was flying through the air. It seemed too difficult for the strategy to be pulled off; Jynx decided instead to blast the icy beam right into the foe. Despite being struck, Volbeat persevered and socked the foe.

April found herself stirring from her sleep; she looked at her captor and felt herself grow frustrated. As Jynx stood there, finally deciding that her make up was too slutty for a classy humanshape such as herself, Delibird raced through the air, slamming her fists into the Pokemon angrily. Volbeat similarly flew afterwards, and another electrifying punch managed to deepen the worsening paralysis for our clown prostitute.

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 25% health
Attack second next round

Andrew
19th September 2006, 10:45 PM
Ok, let's go Vicki! Use a Shadow Ball on Delibird! Then, let's fire off a PSychic Beam to Delibird and finish off with a wide blizzard on both of them!

Ace64
20th September 2006, 08:33 AM
April, use Fly to take to the air and avoid Vicki's attack. Next, use Aerial Ace to dodge that Psychic beam- build up some speed and keep moving. Finally, to draw off Vicki's attack, move in close to the Jynx and use Protect.
Fly~Aerial Ace~Protect

Firefly, move in the opposite direction as April- when Jynx uses Blizzard, it should be a choice between hitting you and April, so keep your distance from each other. Next, hit Vicki as hard as you can with a barrage of long-range attacks.
Signal Beam~Shadow Ball~Signal Beam

Andrew
2nd October 2006, 07:17 PM
Chris? Hate to bother you...

Chris 2.1
3rd October 2006, 10:07 AM
Your not. Im just so busy X_x soon, I promise.

Chris 2.1
8th October 2006, 01:21 PM
Andrew VS Ace
Round X

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Attack first next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Attack second next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 25% health
Attack second next round

Jynx: Shadow Ball (Delibird) -- Psychic (Delibird) -- Blizzard (Both)

Delibird: Fly -- Aerial Ace -- Protect
Volbeat: Signal Beam -- Shadow Ball -- Signal Beam

Begin!

Jynx began charging up a shadowy dark orb, gathering it in her hands as she mused why she wasn't given a D/P Evolution. She unleashed it with a curve, watching keenly. Soon her face faulted as April sped through the air away from the attack, high into the air. Volbeat unleashed a flashing red-green beam which slammed right into Vikki and toppled her over.

Undeterred, Vikki blasted a beam of glowing psychokinetic energy at April. She used her superior speed to loop through the air, her sack by her trainers feet. Her energy was lowering more and more, but she was still doing ok. Volbeat threw a shadow ball at Vikki from across the arena; it flew such a distance a sliver of its power was gone, but it nevertheless hurled into the female boogie pimp admirably.

Concentrating, Vicki unleashed the wide-spread Blizzard; Delibird was protecting, and Firefly was far away, although he did still get hit by the attack. He fired off another signal beam, hurting Vikki even moreso. She was getting weak; April was tired and Volbeat was feeling quite tired, too.

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 17% health
Energy: Feeling Fatigued
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]
Energy: Exhausted
Attack first next round

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]
Stats: 11% health
Attack first next round

Notes
-April has gone all the way to fatigue level Exhausted. Her speeding around and the protect drained her energy. She was very low on Beginning To Tire so she has skipped right through Feeling Fatigued

Ace64
10th October 2006, 10:58 PM
I suspect this will be the last round, either way. You both did well.

April, Mud-Slap~Swift~Mega Kick.

Firefly, Aerial Ace, after April blinds her. Next, Flash and Thunder.

Andrew
14th October 2006, 01:51 AM
Ok Vicki! Teleport out of the way and then use Seismic Toss to hold Voltbeat in front of you to take the the mega kick and swift. And if it's going to use thunder, it'll kill itself! Hoorah!

Teleport - Seismic Toss - (Hold on to the bug as a shield)

I quite like that useage of the move :)

Chris 2.1
14th October 2006, 05:45 AM
Andrew VS Ace
Round XI

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Stats: 17% health
Attack second next round

VS

Delibird -- April[f]

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]

Delibird: Mud-Slap - Swift - Mega Kick
Volbeat: Aerial Ace -- Flash -- Thunder

Jynx: Teleport -- Seismic Toss -- Hold Volbeat

Here we are. The wires of the match. With AerodactOz now safely inside his Pokeball, everyone realized something. Chris 2.0 had been a shoddy ref. And I don't mean shoddy like that new cheap-o-supermarket in town. Shoddy as in 'he sux0rz'.

Jynx had to wait before attacks were executed, and her paralysis didn't help her judgement. She stood there tartly as a handful of mud flew at her. She teleported out of the way and appeared behind Volbeat, who had streaked through the air at her previous location with Aerial Ace. darting around, he sped towards her and slammed into her hard.

Grabbing the bug, Jynx held Firefly close to her breasts, tightly squeezing him. He had a panicked look, but needn't have worried; a flurry of sharp stars flew from April's mouth; they swept around the back of the Jynx-Volbeat amalgamation and tore into Vikki's hair. She gave a shriek and tried holding onto Firefly tighter. But the bright glow coming from Firefly, lighting up his whole body and giving him a searing-hot exterior gave Jynx a fright. She dropped the bug, who flew over to April, smiling.

April raced at Vikki, who was holding her arms out for any nearing target to grab. Delibird swung a kick, slamming into Vikki. She attempted to grab the Pokemon and managed to grasp the ankle for a wonderful, brief moment; but her grip faded completely as she collapsed on the ground.

Jynx -- Vikki Pollard[f]
Other: FAINTED

VS

Delibird -- April[f]

Volbeat -- Firefly[m]

Andrew: 1 point
Ace: 2 points
Chris 2.0: 2 points

Notes

Aerial Ace always hits, like in-game. So does swift.

Sorry I was so slow. Hope you guys had fun!

Ace64
15th October 2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for reffing Chris- the reffings were very fun to read, and now that I'm doing the college thing, I didn't notice the shoddiness so much.

Andrew, good fight. I'll be coming at you for that Gym Badge soon, so stay ready for that...

Andrew
18th October 2006, 12:18 AM
Thank you Chris.

I also wish to appeal to the mods of ASB to have the point values of Melee Battles upped to what normal battles do, because the strategy and length doesn't change all too much just because there are more Pokemons on the field.

That was a great battle Ace, I stuck too much to my idea of the AeroVicki conglomo. Still, *Cries* Stop beating me!

Chris 2.1
18th October 2006, 10:56 AM
We did have it higher IIRC and we felt that matches ended way quicker in melees (since you can have any number of Pokemon out at once in a melee - double matches merged with melees). Yours was roughly the length of a 1-1 so it seems unfair. But doubles matches are generally short.