PDA

View Full Version : Billy G. To End Daily Microsoft Role

Alucard
15th June 2006, 04:59 PM
Bill Gates has announced he will end his day-to-day role as head of software giant Microsoft by July 2008.

Mr Gates said the move would help him spend more time on health and education work at his charity, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

"This is a hard decision," said Mr Gates, adding that he was not retiring but "reordering [his] priorities."

Mr Gates will continue to serve as the company's chairman and advise on key development projects after July 2008.

It makes you wonder what's going on at the moment in the computing world. First there's fears of the internet being confined and controlled by money hungry companies, then Apple gets a swift kick in the nuts with it's alleged slave workings in it's Chinese factories, and now Billy G has stepped down a peg.

Coincidence? or is there something hush hush going on?

homeofmew
16th June 2006, 06:20 PM
im not surprized the guy has enough money to do what he wants.
If I was him I would go to every Anime Convention.

TINA

The Blue Avenger
17th June 2006, 12:09 AM
I don't think there's anything sinister going on. Microsoft's big enough that Gates' presence isn't as vital to keep everything smoothly as it was when MS was a smaller company. I personally think it's admirable that he's working more with charities now.

Magmar
17th June 2006, 12:19 PM
Something is definitely amiss, though.... something is really, definitely amiss.

phaedrus
17th June 2006, 07:34 PM
he's increasing his presence in his Bill Gates Foundation, which isn't saying a lot, but apparently the load there is enough to justify the change.

Chris
18th June 2006, 02:34 AM
he's increasing his presence in his Bill Gates Foundation, which isn't saying a lot

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is the largest charity organisation in the world, so I assume it takes a lot to run it.

Sceptile_Master
21st June 2006, 07:07 AM
I never heard abouty this apple thing though. Any link to that? But anyways I don't see it as making too big a difference I mean no one noticed when he decided Visual Studio 6 was his last project back in 1997/8. Althought they did get a bit more greedy after that. In conclusion I have no idea what shit I'm blabbing on about atm so I'm gonna go get something to eat. I haven't eaten in ages.

Alucard
21st June 2006, 01:16 PM
I never heard abouty this apple thing though. Any link to that?

Well there's Creative trying to ban iPods in the US because of some bullshit patient claim, and then there's the 'slave' claims.

Apple Slave Claims (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5079590.stm)