PDA

View Full Version : FireRed >>> Colosseum?

Foguet
16th June 2006, 01:40 AM
Hi, I'm stuck trying to trade my Chansey from FireRed to Pokémon Colosseum in order to get a Blissey that will wall any special teams in there, but every time I try to do it, Colosseum says that I cannot trade until I get to a further point in the game. The thing is, I've already completed all the Sevii Islands, I've beaten the Elite Four, obviously I've got all badges... So, what have I got to do?

mr_pikachu
16th June 2006, 02:09 AM
Have you completed the quest for the Ruby and Sapphire items in your FireRed game? If you have, but you still can't trade to Colosseum, then that might be the problem. Have you beaten Colosseum? If not, then you won't be able to trade to any GBA games.

As long as you've done both of those things, there shouldn't be a problem. If you still can't trade even after completing both of those tasks, then there must be some deeper problem.

Foguet
16th June 2006, 05:25 AM
Yes, I have completed the quest, but I haven't beaten Colosseum 100% yet... must I beat all of it or just some of the tournaments?

mr_pikachu
16th June 2006, 06:00 AM
I'm pretty sure you just have to beat the game itself. You shouldn't even have to snag all of the Shadow Pokemon, although I wouldn't advise trading before you've done that and purified them all. Otherwise, you won't be able to get Ho-oh.

Crazy Elf Boy
16th June 2006, 08:54 AM
Well you have to beat the Cipher head at the end of the game to finish it, otherwise you can't trade.

But i don't think that colosseum is compatible with leaf green/fire red. Try Gale of darkness or go from fire red to sapphire/ruby/emerald to trade blissey to colosseum. sorry thats what i think your going to have to do.

Poryhedron
16th June 2006, 12:48 PM
Why wouldn't Colloseum be compatible for FR/LG? If you've given the Ruby and Sapphire to Celio in FR, and defeated Evice in Colloseum, I'd think it would work.

Foguet
16th June 2006, 01:05 PM
I've defeated the game itself in the story mode, it's just the colosseum mode that I haven't beaten yet. I can trade pkmn from Sapphire but not from FireRed.

And as for trading first to Sapphire, I've got another problem with that. When I connect my Game Cube GB Advance player to my GB Advance with the cable link, it doesn't work out.

*looks up expecting everyone to yell "you useless thing!"*

Crazy Elf Boy
16th June 2006, 06:50 PM
I seriously don't think that Pokemon Colosseum is compatible with fire red!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Because it doesn't have the character animation for the main boy/girl in the colosseum battles while Gale of Darkness does!.

2) Just because Fire red/Leaf Green was backwards compatible doesn't mean colosseum is

(If i am wrong don't blame me) But i am 99% sure that colosseum is not compatible with fire red/leaf green

ozhater1
17th June 2006, 01:37 PM
I traded a Charizard into Colosseum from Fire Red just yesterday, so I can confirm that it is definately compatible. It sounds like you don't have either Fire Red or Colosseum (only story mode, colosseum mode does not need to be completed) completed 100%... If not then something is seriously wierd...

mr_pikachu
17th June 2006, 05:58 PM
Just for the sake of making sure that it's not some equipment issue, you might want to see if your GBA-GC cable works for your other compatible games (if you have any). If you have another combination of a GBA and a Gamecube game that work together, try connecting them via that cable to make sure that it's working properly. You may as well take the few minutes to perform that quick check if possible, before you undergo a much longer process to try to find something you haven't completed.

Foguet
2nd July 2006, 03:18 PM
Just for the sake of making sure that it's not some equipment issue, you might want to see if your GBA-GC cable works for your other compatible games (if you have any). If you have another combination of a GBA and a Gamecube game that work together, try connecting them via that cable to make sure that it's working properly. You may as well take the few minutes to perform that quick check if possible, before you undergo a much longer process to try to find something you haven't completed.

Yeah, the link cable works OK, I trade Pokémon to and from Sapphire all the time... It's with FireRed, it keeps telling me I've got to get further in the game. But I already did everything in FireRed except filling all the Pokédex in.

EDIT: Ah yes... I know what it might be. I still haven't kicked the Rockets out of their Sevii Islands lair, because I've only got the first password. I don't know where to get the other one.

Poryhedron
3rd July 2006, 08:26 AM
EDIT: Ah yes... I know what it might be. I still haven't kicked the Rockets out of their Sevii Islands lair, because I've only got the first password. I don't know where to get the other one.

Bingo. As we've been telling you, you need to get the Ruby and the Sapphire to power up Celio's Machine before you can link with PCs outside Kanto and the Sevii Islands. You have the Ruby, but you don't have the Sapphire. Hint: You can find the Sapphire, and the second password, on Island Six.

Foguet
3rd July 2006, 11:25 AM
Bingo. As we've been telling you, you need to get the Ruby and the Sapphire to power up Celio's Machine before you can link with PCs outside Kanto and the Sevii Islands. You have the Ruby, but you don't have the Sapphire. Hint: You can find the Sapphire, and the second password, on Island Six.

Wow, thanks! Even though... lol now I've already beaten Colosseum so I don't need to transfer my Pokémon there ^^'