PDA

View Full Version : This Might Be a Battle! (Take 2) TBA v SP, ref darktyranitar

The Blue Avenger
18th June 2006, 11:54 PM
Right, here we go.

RULES

DQ: 1 week
Pokemon: 4 v 4, all out at once (free for all!)
Banned moves: Recovery (Recover, not Giga Drain), Toxic, cheapness (Perish Song, Grudge, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Self Destruct, 1 hit KO), Attract
Arena: The Corner Store
The Pokemon do battle in a large nightclub. The regulars have moved off the dance floor to allow the Pokemon room to fight. It's really big - any Pokemon will fit comfortably. The nightclub doesn't have any specific traps or perils. As it is inside, weather moves will not work. Also, ground-shaking moves won't work, and there's no mud. Dirt and dust, however, can be used - people track dirt in all the time. Digging, however, might be difficult, as will gathering rocks for attacks like Rock Throw. If a Pokemon can't battle on land (ie fish Pokemon), a large tank of water will be provided. The water is pure, so it WILL NOT conduct electricity - so to zap a Pokemon in the water, you have to hit the Pokemon itself. Also, the water is continually replenished, so moves like Surf can be used. Also, it's very loud in the nightclub, so sound-based attacks will have lowered effectiveness.

I'll go with Particle Man, my male Nosepass, Triangle Man, my male Sharpedo, Universe Man, my shiny male Poliwrath, and Person Man, my male Mr. Mime.

Any takers?

Saffire Persian
19th June 2006, 12:02 AM
(Holy cow. o.0 I have sympathy for the Ref that has to Ref this). But as I'm bored and will have a lot of time on my hands, I'll gladly participate. Hopefully, however, I won't suck too badly with only basic Pokémon, but I like the challenge. So I'll use the only four Pokémon I have.

My Skarmory, Vega, my Meowth, Serafina, Gastly (Epik), Eevee (Rast)

o.0 Do you want to start off attacks, or shall I?

The Blue Avenger
19th June 2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks much. ^^

I sent out first, so you should attack first. I should have mentioned that; my apologies.

Saffire Persian
19th June 2006, 12:08 AM
No problem, but before I start, I have one general question that I feel stupid not asking in the first place. But as you're using a Sharpedo, the tank will be around, correct? But where is this located/placed? Is it above ground (like one of those walk by fish-tanks) or in ground (like a pool)?

The Blue Avenger
19th June 2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah, Triangle Man will be in the tank, and that's a very good question. I'm thinking more like a pool.

darktyranitar
19th June 2006, 03:04 AM
(Wonder if I'm a bit insane to ref this) 4 VS 4? The most I have seen is a 3 VS 3...

Anyway.... sure, I guess I can ref this for both of you. However, I might be late for this reffing, as I have other reffing too. Can't wait to start this!

Saffire Persian
19th June 2006, 09:09 AM
darktyranitar: You are one brave soul indeed.

I'm also using Shockwave on its definition in the ASB battle tower, which describes it as an electric-version of swift. o.0 So..heh.

=====

Well, this looks like it's going to be one heck of a battle. Unevolved as you all are, lets prove to them that even basic Pokémon can put on a battle, too.

All right, lets keep all four of those Pokémon on their toes.

Rast, you're leading the fray. Start off with a Helping Hand and assist Serafina with her first attack. Next, send a nice Shadowball in the Mr. Mime's direction - hopefully he'll still be occupied with one of the other Pokémon's attacks to do anything about it. Finish off with Helping Hand on Serafina again to help her with her Thunderbolt attack!

Seraphina, as soon as you feel Rast's boost of power take effect, use Shockwave! Hopefully with Rast's help you'll be able to conjure up more bolts than normal, and have them be a bit more powerful. As there's so many opponents on the field today, keep them a little wide-spread so they have a greater chance of hitting more (if not all) of the opponents. It's a nice accurate attack, so hopefully that'll keep all four of them at least a bit distracted. Next, while they're startled, use Water Pulse on the Nosepass! Hopefully we can confuse him a bit more. Next, use send a nice Thunderbolt attack into that pool. Aim for the Sharpedo.

Epik, you're up next. Start off with a Confuse Ray on that Mr. Mime. We need him as confused as he can get. Try to stay up higher in the air in case any of the water Pokémon use Surf. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it due to that Nosepass on the field. But you never know. Next, as the Shockwaves dissipate, dart in quickly and Astonish that Poliwrath before he can attack! Don't stay near that Poliwrath long - circle around and use a Nightshade on that Mr. Mime - confuse his mind further!

Vega: I’d like you to make yourself a medium-sized substitute (around 15% Hp) start off the battle. Once that Substitute is made, take off and use Steel Wing on Nosepass. Then, circle around and use Air Cutter on Poliwrath.

=====

Rast (Eevee, male): Helping Hand (Serafina) ~ Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~Helping Hand (Serafina)

Serafina (Meowth, Female): Shockwave (At whoever you can get XD)~ Water Pulse (Nosepass) – Thunderbolt (Sharpedo)

Epik (Gastly, Male): Confuse Ray (Mr. Mime) ~ Astonish (Poliwrath) ~ Nightshade (Mr. Mime)

Vega (Skarmory, Female): Substitute ~ Steel Wing (Nosepass) ~ Air Cutter (Poliwrath)

The Blue Avenger
19th June 2006, 11:38 AM
Mkay, Persona Man, let's start off wiith you. Don't worry about that Confuse Ray; we'll take care of it. Start by Snatching that Substitute. Next, Teleport behind the Gastly so that maybe the Shadow Ball will hit it instead. Finally, fire a Thunder Wave at the Gastly.

Snatch ~ Teleport ~ Thunder Wave

Particle Man, I want you to get in Epic's face with Block, but keep your eyes shut. Keep that Confuse Ray from hurting anyone. Then, speed away with a Rollout and bowl over Rast and Serafina in that order.

Block ~ Rollout x2

Triangle Man, start with a Scary Face to intimidate Serafina (and any other foes). Fire a Hydro Pump at Vega and then use Dive to dive underwater and evade the Thunderbolt.

Scary Face ~ Hydro Pump ~ Dive

Now, Universe Man, Seismic Toss Rast into Serafina. Next, as Gastly tries to Astonish you, make him keep his distance with a Psychic. Finally, use a Hypnosis on Vega.

Seismic Toss ~ Psychic ~ Hypnosis

darktyranitar
20th June 2006, 06:27 AM
Mm, I'll get to this soon enough. Just one question: What is the gender of Rast? I'm lazy to look to that up...

Saffire Persian
20th June 2006, 09:01 AM
Umm.. it was in my post in the stats where the attacks were being used. But he's a Male. ^^

darktyranitar
24th June 2006, 03:38 AM
Right, hehe... told ya I'm a bit lazy...

Sorry it took me a while. I spent the last few day reading mr_pikachu's fanfic, "What Dreams Are Made Of". Now, let's get this thing going!

And please don't hurt me if I made some mistake in the ref... Point them out if you see them, okay?

TheBlueAvenger VS Saffire Persian

Round One

Arena: The Corner Store nightclub (DJ darktyranitar reffing)

Banned move: Recovery (Recover, not Giga Drain), Toxic, Cheap Move (Perish Song, Grudge, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Self Destruct, 1 hit KO), Attract

Prebattle

It’s another of those regular nights in The Corner Store nightclub; people were dancing on the tune of the DJ, dancing as if they haven’t a care for the world.

This night however, something different going to take place here.

“Ladies and gentlemen! TPML 04621 presents… TheBlueAvenger VS Saffire Persian!”

Upon hearing the two names, the crowd made their way up to a higher floor, watching the match that will take place soon between the two battlers.

The two battlers stood in the middle, and with the words from the ref, they released all of their Pokemon out. Four Pokemon each, all out at once (including a Sharpedo in a tank of water nearby).

Get ready for a wicked match!

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/299.png
Particle Man (M)
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Attack Command: Block (Confuse Ray) ~ Rollout (Rast) ~ Rollout (Serafina)

Team TheBlueAvenger
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/319.png
Triangle Man (M)
Attack Command: Scary Face (Serafina/Other foes) ~ Hydro Pump (Vega) ~ Dive (Evade Thunderbolt)

Team TheBlueAvenger
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/shiny/062.png
Universe Man (M)
Attack Command: Seismic Toss (Rast towards Serafina) ~ Psychic (Epik) ~ Hypnosis (Vega)

Team TheBlueAvenger
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/122.png
Person Man (M)
Attack Command: Snatch (Substitute) ~ Teleport (Behind Gastly) ~ Thunder Wave (Gastly)

Team Saffire Persian
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/227.png
Vega (F)
Attack Command: Substitute ~ Steel Wing (Nosepass) ~ Air Cutter (Poliwrath)

Team Saffire Persian
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/052.png
Serafina (F)
Attack Command: Shockwave (Anyone) ~ Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Thunderbolt (Sharpedo)

Team Saffire Persian
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/092.png
Epik (M)
Attack Command: Confuse Ray (Mr. Mime) ~ Astonish (Poliwrath) ~ Nightshade (Mr. Mime)

Team Saffire Persian
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/133.png
Rast (M)
Attack Command: Helping Hand (Serafina) ~ Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~Helping Hand (Serafina)

Background music: No Compromise: Paul Oakenfold featuring Spitfire

Round One~ Begin!

Starting the round was Rast, who began to mutter words of encouragement for Serafina. Feeling more confident, Serafina fur began to crackle with electricity, ready for a Shockwave. However, a Scary Face from Triangle Man immediately broke her focus, and the spark of electricity was immediately ceased.

Meanwhile, Person Man placed a curse on Vega; a Snatch attack that prevented her from using any non-damaging move. Not realising this, Vega focused on her inner energy and fashioned it to a double body of her own. But she didn’t realise that the Snatch effect meant that Person Man was the one to fully gain the effect of Substitute, thus her HP were cut off for nothing…

Epik then charged a ball of ghostly energy, aiming it towards Person Man. No sooner that the attack was fired, Particle Man got in the way of the Confuse Ray attack, and pumping up his body, blocked the attack from reaching anywhere near Person Man. And since his eyes were closed, the ray didn’t harm him.

As for both Rast and Serafina earlier, Universe Man took Rast in his hands, and with a quick spin, launched him off towards the cowering Serafina, body colliding with head (4% damage to Rast, 6% damage to Serafina).

Serafina recovered from the Scary Face attack, thanks to the blow on her head. Puffing up her cheek, she fired a blast of supersonic water towards Particle Man. The attack splashed harmlessly off his body as he rolled himself into a ball, and the worse part is that he was rolling straight towards Serafina (4% damage). She was knocked off from the ground as if she was a bowling pin, with Particle Man as the ball.

Epik quickly darted towards Universe Man in a quick Tackle-like attack, but the Poliwrath isn’t going to let that happen. His body glowed with the blue glow of psychic, and in a moment, Epik was sent floating back for a few feet, with the Psychic blocking any attempt on getting close towards Universe Man. Unable to move, Epik could only watch a figure that suddenly took form behind him. And of course, there was nothing that he could do about the Shadow Ball that was coming towards him from Rast… which was actually intended for Person Man, who cunningly teleported himself behind Epik… An explosion was enough to proof that Epik was hit by the friendly fire (8% damage).

Vega wing glowed with a steel glow, as she prepared to strike down on the rolling Particle Man. She was a bit too late, as the rolling Particle Man struck the dumbfounded Rast from behind (5% damage). Nevertheless, she rushed down towards the still rolling Particle Man, her wings now gaining a steel-like texture. The attack connected with a screeching sound, causing Particle Man to stop dead in his track (5% damage), but due to the speed of Particle Man’s roll, Vega was sent reeling back. A Hydro Pump from Triangle Man only helped her to fly further until she crashed into a wall (10% damage).

Vega immediately recovered from the crash and quickly charged up wind from both of her wings. Soon, she was ready with an Air Cutter, aiming it towards Universe Man. Moments before the attack reached him, he manage to use a last-minute Hypnosis, causing Vega to slowly fade into a slumber. Unfortunately for him, the attack was launched anyway, and upon contact, he could feel some of his skin being scraped off by the sharp blow of wind (6% damage).

Epik, now recovered from the Shadow Ball, begin to collect shadow energy in front of him. The attack reached towards the substitute of Person Man, which leave Epik utterly confused on how the attack didn’t harm his target. Person Man begins to form tendrils of electricity over his gloved hands, and after forming it into a rope-like shape, he lashed it out towards Epik, wrapping around him like a lasso. Epik strained at the binding, but that only caused pain at the spot where he was bind (3% damage).

Following the earlier strategy, Rast once again helped to build Serafina’s confidence with her words. And just like before, Serafina fired a bolt of electricity; this time, it seems to be bigger than the last one; right towards Triangle Man. And sadly, he evaded the attack with a last-minute Dive. Since the attack has to be aimed directly towards Triangle Man, the attack was quite a failure.

And that wraps it for the starting of this match!

End of Round One

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 95%
Energy: 87%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
Energy: 84%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 94%
Energy: 83%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 75%
Energy: 82%
Snatch~ Remain for next 2 round

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
HP: 90%

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
HP: 89%
Energy: 86%

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
HP: 91%

TheBlueAvenger attack first
Saffire Persian attack second

Arena Status: Tables were knocked over due to Particle Man’s Rollout. A crack appeared on the spot where Vega crashed. The attacks that were launched off wiped some dirt from the floor.

There... I've edited it...

The Blue Avenger
24th June 2006, 10:20 AM
I think the way Snatch works is that Vega's HP would be cut (prerequisite for using the move) and Person Man would get the Substitute (the effect of the move itself).

Aaaanyway, I gotta say, man, you're really brave to take this on. Thanks.

---

That's the way to go, guys! Person Man, start by Dream Eatering Vega, then fire a wide spread Magical Leaf at all your foes. Finish with another Dream Eater.

Dream Eater ~ Magical Leaf ~ Dream Eater

Triangle Man, surface and send out an Ice Beam at Epik. Next, use a Swagger at Serafina. Finish with a Water Pulse to Rast.

Ice Beam ~ Swagger ~ Water Pulse

Universe Man, deliver a Brick Break to Rast, then a Water Pulse at Epik. Finish with a Hypnosis to Rast.

Brick Break ~ Water Pulse ~ Hypnosis

Particle Man, spend this turn Rollouting at your nearest foe.

Rollout x3

Saffire Persian
24th June 2006, 11:12 AM
(I'll add in my attacks later, but TBA is quite right, Snatch doesn't prevent Vega from using the move. However, I'm unsure if Mr. Mime could feasibly Snatch the substitute, as Snatch is described as follows (it's the same in the game)

Snatch (DK) – The user places a curse on the opponent which prevents them from using any recovery moves or status boosting attacks on themselves for the next few rounds. If the victim does use one, then the Snatch-er gains the benefits.

I wouldn't consider Substitute recovery (she loses HP) and it isn't stat boosting? (What does she gain? Not attack, not defense. She just makes a substitute out of the HP she loses.)

The Blue Avenger
24th June 2006, 11:47 AM
My reference was this: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex.php?id=289 , and it specifically mentions Substitute as something that can be Snatched.

Saffire Persian
24th June 2006, 09:54 PM
o.o Ohh, that reference is quite handy. Never knew Substitute could be snatched. Thanks again, darktyranitar. You are one heck of a brave soul. XDXD

All right, Rast, use Quick Attack to evade the Poliwrath's next attack and use that burst of speed to get behind that Mr. Mime before he uses Magical Leaf. Then once you're behind him use Shadow Ball on the Mr. Mime. Keep behind him so that the coming Water Pulse might hit him. Lastly, close your eyes to avoid the Hypnosis -- keep them closed no matter what -- and use Reflect to up your defenses..

Serafina, run towards the tank where that shark is --- he should be aiming an Ice Beam at Epik. Once you're almost there, Taunt that Nosepass into Rollouting towards you (whether he hit someone already or not). You should be inches from the pool, wait until a few moments (don't cut it too close) before he can hit you, and Faint Attack away behind Mr. Mime and hit him with the move. Hopefully, you suddenly moving will help evade both that Swagger and send that Nosepass into the water -- he can't stop his rollout quite so easily. Finish off with a Thunderbolt at the Poliwrath.

Epik, I need you to use Nightmare on Vega -- I know it's not nice, but it's better than letting that Mr. Mime drain the life out of her. She might wake up quicker, too. I know it may be hard, but try to dodge that Ice Beam if you can, but your priority is to get that nightmare going -- then that Mr. Mime won't be so happy upon trying to eat them. Thunderbolt that Sharpedo once that's finished -- he's at the surface, so get him back before he can try to Swagger Serafina if possible. Next, use Torment on that Nosepass, to insure no more rollouting ventures for awhile; however, if for some reason or other the Nightmare did not work before, use it again on Vega now.

Vega: o.0 Sleep Talk x3, have a merry old time. If by chance you do wake up, just use Air Cutters on Poliwrath.

Rast (Eevee Male) : Quick Attack (To Evade and get where he needs to go) ~ Shadowball (Mr.Mime) ~ Reflect
Serafina (Meowth, Female) Taunt (Nosepass) ~ Faint Attack (Mr. Mime) ~ Thunderbolt (Poliwrath)
Epik (Gastly, Male): Nightmare (Vega) ~ Thunderbolt (Sharpedo) ~ Torment (Mr. Mime)/Nightmare (Vega)
Vega (Skarmory, Female): Sleep Talk x3/Air Cutter (if she wakes up) on Poliwrath as many times as need be.

The Blue Avenger
24th June 2006, 10:12 PM
Hm. Interesting strategy, using Nightmare on your own teammate. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Saffire Persian
24th June 2006, 11:09 PM
Hm. Interesting strategy, using Nightmare on your own teammate. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Thanks. ^_^

darktyranitar
25th June 2006, 06:54 AM
Hehe, thanks guys. Yeah, I am either brave... or clueless...

Anyway, I'll go and edit that up. And yes, interesting strategy indeed, Saffire.

Reffing up ASAP!

darktyranitar
30th June 2006, 05:35 AM
Okay, so I'm late. Sorry, my mom banned me from the net. However, I manage to find some chance to ref, you see...

Alright, he we go!

Round Two

Banned move: Recovery (Recover, not Giga Drain), Toxic, Cheap Move (Perish Song, Grudge, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Self Destruct, 1 hit KO), Attract

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 95%
Attack Command: Rollout (Anyone) ~ Rollout (Anyone) ~ Rollout (Anyone)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
Attack Command: Ice Beam (Epik) ~ Swagger (Serafina) ~ Water Pulse (Rast)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 94%
Energy: 83%
Attack Command: Brick Break (Rast) ~ Water Pulse (Epik) ~ Hypnosis (Rast)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
Attack Command: Dream Eater (Vega) ~ Magical Leaf (All foes) ~ Dream Eater (Vega)

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 75%
Energy: 82%
Attack Command: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk/Air Cutter (if she wakes up) on Poliwrath as many times as need be.

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
Attack Command: Taunt (Nosepass) ~ Faint Attack (Mr. Mime) ~ Thunderbolt (Poliwrath)

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
HP: 89%
Attack Command: Nightmare (Vega) ~ Thunderbolt (Sharpedo) ~ Torment (Nosepass)/Nightmare (Vega)

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Attack Command: Quick Attack (To Evade and get where he needs to go) ~ Shadow Ball (Mr.Mime) ~ Reflect

Background music: No Compromise: Paul Oakenfold featuring Spitfire

Round Two~ Begin!

Seeing that Vega was asleep, Person Man knew what he was to do. Instantly, he reached a tendril of psychic energy towards Vega, attempting to eat her dream. But Epik was prepared for this; still numb from the electric lasso, he muttered some dark chanting, putting Vega in a state of nightmare. Person Man tried to remove his hold from Vega’s dream, but he was too late, as horrific image begins to drain towards him… causing him to shiver uncontrollably, His substitute couldn’t do anything to stop him from eating the nightmare, causing him to feel his life floating away from him (4% damage). Epik then evaded an incoming Ice Beam from Triangle Man, but as he was a bit occupied with using Nightmare on Vega earlier, the beam struck his lower gaseous body, causing thin layer of ice to form on them (5% damage). Nevertheless, the effect of Nightmare continued kicking…

As for Vega, she stirred in her dream, before she let out a cry, and in a moment, 5 copies of her were created, each remaining in the same position as she was: asleep.

Universe Man then raised his arm up, attempting to smack Rast down with a Brick Break attack. Rast was prepared, as he swiftly dodged the attack with a Quick Attack, and using with the high speed he got behind Person Man. The shaky Mr Mime didn’t seem to notice this, as he prepared for a Magical Leaf attack…

Meanwhile, Particle Man had once again formed himself into a ball shape, ready to roll into any opponent that he sees. He got his wish, as Serafina happened to be in his way- and what’s this? She’s taunting him to attack her!

“Nyah!” she stuck her tongue out and made a face at him. Particle Man felt a bit challenged, and so he rolled towards Serafina.

And behind Serafina… Triangle Man begins to speak some dirty words at her, trying to anger her. Serafina glared at him momentarily, before she disappeared, via a dark blur. Triangle Man didn’t manage to stop his jeering in time to dodge an incoming rolling Particle Man. The rolling Particle Man struck hard into Triangle’s Man teeth (5% damage), leaving his mouth open in an awkward position. Particle Man was then spitted out, causing him to be fall down into the pool.

Back to Person Man… as he was focused on hitting all of his foes with his Magical Leaf attack, he failed to see that a blur of dark energy was heading straight towards him. He found it out soon enough, as a Faint Attack from Serafina struck his substitute on the stomach. He ignored the attack and continued his attack. A Shadow Ball from Rast then struck his Substitute, finally destroying it. He paid no attention and fired the colourful leaves at his opponents. But since Rast and Serafina was behind him, it means that he only manage to hit an asleep Vega and a floating Epik (4% damage to both Vega and Epik).

Epik grunted at the sudden attack, but he quickly chuckled as he saw that Triangle Man was at the surface of the water. He formed energy of lightning in front of him, sending them down at the dazed Triangle Man. The current travelled fast through his body, causing him to shiver in pain (10% damage). Particle Man, who seemed to be unharmed by the lightning bolt, got out of the pool, forming himself into a ball and kept on rolling…

And unfortunately for Epik, a Water Pulse from Universe Man struck him (6% damage), sending him floating down slowly to the floor. The good thing was that a bit of the ice on his lower body was flushed away by the attack. But now, he was soaking wet instead.

Particle Man, who was still rolling, quickly rolled towards the group of Vega, whom he thought was still asleep. Unfortunately for him, Vega was anything but asleep at that moment. With a sharp cry of determination (or perhaps a yawn), she flew up (causing Particle Man to rolled harmlessly at the remaining clones), and begins a sharp dive towards Universe Man. She flew up again just inches from reaching him, causing thin blade of air to reach him (7% damage). Universe Man growled in pain, as the attack continued to graze his already bruised skin.

Triangle Man then growled before he fired a water projectile towards Rast. However, he forgot about Person Man. Just as Person Man was about to turn his attention towards Rast and Serafina, he was pushed back by the impact of the water attack (6% damage). Rast sighed, glad that his strategy worked. He then focused his energy to form a semi-transparent shield in front of him. Universe Man didn’t seem to notice the shield, and so he stared right towards Rast, his eyes glowing red. Unfortunately for him, the reflective surface of the shield reflected the hypnosis wave back at him, causing him to fall asleep instead.

Now unable to defend himself, Universe Man was hit by an Air Cutter from Vega (7% damage) and a Thunderbolt from Serafina (10% damage). He shivered in his sleep, as a thin line of blood formed on the spot where the Air Cutter had struck him.

Epik then placed a curse on the rolling Particle Man, ensuring that he was unable to perform the rolling again for a while. Particle Man rolled at an unaware Serafina one last time (5% damage), before he stopped abruptly, feeling a pain deep inside his head.

The wet Person Man tried a Dream Eater towards Vega, but since she was awake by now, he gained nothing from the attack. He could try it on Universe Man, though…

End of Round Two

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 96%
Energy: 74%
Tormented~ Unable to use same attack in a row for two more round

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 85%
Energy: 66%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 71%
Energy: 67%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
Energy: 71%

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
HP: 74%
Energy: 70%

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Energy: 68%
Reflect ~ Up for 4 more turn

Saffire Persian attack first
TheBlueAvenger attack second

Arena Status: Tables were knocked over due to Particle Man’s Rollout. A crack appeared on the spot where Vega crashed. The attacks that were launched off wiped some dirt from the floor. Puddle of water were formed near the pool.

Saffire Persian
3rd July 2006, 07:07 PM
All righty...

Vega, lets fly high up into the air again, and I want you to first use Torment on Poliwrath, that'll keep him from Sleep Talking all three rounds if he sleeps. Next, use an Air Cutter attack on that Mr. Mime, aim for his head, so even if he teleports behind someone, it won't necessarily hit one of our team mates, as Mr. Mime's obviously taller than all of our current team. Follow up with a Swift to damage all of our opponents. Keep high enough in the air you can more easily dodge beam attacks that might just come your way.

Epik, I want you to whisk behind the Poliwrath to help protect you from possible attacks and use Giga Drain to gain back some life, followed by a Thunder attack on him. Then, once that is finished, float back up and go a little closer to the tank, and Sludge Bomb the Sharpedo. Aim for him, of course, but make sure that even if he Dives or something like that, the attack will still go in the pool. It might make the water a bit poisonous and murky, and he has to breath sometime.

Rast, use a Shadowball on Mr. Mime, next Mimic Serefina's Water Pulse and send it at the Nosepass. Finish off with a Secret Power at whichever opponent is nearest you. If any opponent tries to use Brick Break on you, however, use Protect to prevent that, and keep your shield in tact.

Serafina, start off with a Shock Wave that'll hit all the opponents you can. Then, use Water Pulse to drench the Nosepass. Finish off with another Shock Wave .

Vega (Skarmory, Female): Torment (Poliwrath) ~ Air Cutter (Mr. Mime) ~ Swift (All)

Epik (Gastly, Male): Giga Drain (Poliwrath) ~ Thunder (Poliwrath) ~ Sludge Bomb (Sharpedo)

Rast (Eevee, Male): Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Mimic Serafina's Water Pulse (Use it on Nosepass) ~ Secret Power (closest opponent.) Sub: Protect if an opponent uses Brick Break on him.

Serafina (Meowth, Female): Shockwave (All) ~ Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Shockwave (All)

The Blue Avenger
3rd July 2006, 07:27 PM
Universe Man, Sleep Talk, Snore, Sleep Talk at closest foes. If you wake up, use a Water Pulse on the Gastly. (Sleep talk, Snore, Sleep talk

Person Man, Teleport onto Vega's back and hold on. Then keep Fire Punching the Skarmory in the head (Teleport, Fire Punch x2).

Triangle Man, use Swagger on the Gastly to bring all attacks from him to you. Dive underwater to avoid the Thunder, then surface and use Ice Beam to intercept that Sludge Bomb. (Swagger, Dive, Ice Beam)

Particle Man, use a Rollout to get behind Serafina and stay there. Then grab her and use her as a shield. Then hit her with a point blank Zap Cannon. (Rollout, shield, Zap Cannon)

darktyranitar
8th July 2006, 06:50 AM
Wow, you know what, I kinda like reffing this match! Anyway, I would like to thank you guys for setting up this match. It was quite a challenge to ref it, but it's quite fun!

(Uh-oh, have I became crazy? :eek:. No, seriously, this is fun.)

And I've used a different approach in my HP and energy usage. Thanks for your chart, Chris R!

Round Three

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 96%
Energy: 74%
Tormented~ Unable to use same attack in a row for 2 more round
Attack Command: Rollout (behind Meowth) ~ Use Meowth as a shield ~ Zap Cannon (Meowth)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
Energy: 66%
Attack Command: Swagger (Gastly) ~ Dive ~ Ice Beam (Gastly)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
Attack Command: Sleep talk ~ Snore ~ Sleep talk/ Water Pulse (Gastly)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
Energy: 71%
Attack Command: Teleport (behind Skarmory) ~ Fire Punch (Skarmory) ~ Fire Punch (Skarmory)

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
Snatch~ Remain for next 1 round
Attack Command: Torment (Poliwrath) ~ Air Cutter (Mr. Mime) ~ Swift (All)

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
Attack Command: Shockwave (All) ~ Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Shockwave (All)

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
Energy: 70%
~Paralysed
Attack Command: Giga Drain (Poliwrath) ~ Thunder (Poliwrath) ~ Sludge Bomb (Sharpedo)

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Energy: 68%
Attack Command: Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Mimic Serafina's Water Pulse (Use it on Nosepass) ~ Secret Power (closest opponent.)
Sub: Protect if an opponent uses Brick Break on him.

Background music: Set It Off: Paul Oakenfold featuring Grandmaster Flash

Round Three~ Begin!

Starting this round was Vega from Saffire Persian’s team. Just like the second round, she utilized the same plan that Person Man used on her. Well, okay, not exactly a Dream Eater, but the plan was to attack the sleeping Universe Man. She placed a curse towards Universe Man, blocking any Sleep Talk that he might use twice in a row.

Once again, Triangle Man spoke the dirty words, this time towards Epik. The attack works, because the ghost Pokemon turned his body around just as he was about to get himself behind the sleeping Universe Man. He then rushed towards Triangle Man,
Beating him furiously (4% damage).

Rast began to collect a ball of dark energy in front of him, targeting it towards Person Man, intending to take advantage of his type weakness. Much to his dismay, Person Man teleported moment before the orb could make contact, and much to Vega’s annoyance, he had teleported into her back. The orb smashed the ceiling, causing some debris to fall down. There was some scream upstairs, but it was barely heard due to the loud music.

Universe Man shook in his dream, before he suddenly stood up. He then felt around with his arm, attempting to grab the nearest foe that he could find. An unfortunate Serafina was soon held in his hands. He grunted sleepily, spinning Serafina around once…twice… thrice… and then he let go of his grip on Serafina, sending her flying over the DJ, until she was finally stopped by a table (9% damage). She winced, as some broken splinter struck her skin. She then glared at the sleeping Universe Man, before she fired small tendrils of electric towards all of her opponent. All hit their target, but in the process, she had accidentally hit Vega, who has Person Man occupied on her back. (6% damage to Person Man, 8% damage to Vega, 8% damage to Triangle Man, 8% damage to Universe Man) But where’s Particle Man? There he is, behind Serafina. It seem that he had earlier use a Rollout attack to get himself behind Serafina.

Epik, still angered at Triangle Man, collected a bolt of electricity in front of him. The bolt of electricity was then fashioned into a narrow strip of electricity, before it was blasted up, and then directed down towards the pool. But to his dismay, Triangle Man dived down, spared from the high voltage of the attack. He then heard a sound coming from Universe Man. He paid no attention, and continued to look angrily at the pool. Unknown to him, Universe Man, who had now woke up, fired a Water Pulse attack towards him. Epik was sent blasting off from the attack, feeling quite angry that two Water Pulse hit him in two rounds (9% damage). Thankfully, he did not receive the confusion effect of the attack.

Serafina then noticed Particle Man behind her. She immediately fired a Water Pulse towards him, but Particle Man rushed through the water blast (8% damage) and grasped her, using her as a Pokemon shield. Rast, who mimicked the Water Pulse earlier, used the Water Pulse attack, aiming it towards Particle Man. No, wait. He forgot about Serafina! The water blast struck Serafina, soaking her wet (6% damage). Not only that, Serafina was also inflicted by confusion due to the water attack. Particle Man then begins to collect a wobbly ball of electricity in front of his nose. He grinned at the sight of the wet and dazed Serafina, before he let go of her, letting the ball of electricity to fly towards her as well (13% damage). Serafina yowled, as her fur stood on their end due to the amount of electricity coursing through her body.

Rast gave a loud roar, watching her ally sparking with electricity. Without hesitating, he launched a beam of normal energy towards the smug Particle Man (4% damage). Particle Man walked around dazedly, feeling the confusion effect of the attack.

Serafina then painfully picked herself up, and ignoring the pain on her head, she gave another Shockwave attack. This time, she was careful not to hit Vega again. (6% damage to Person Man, 8% damage to Triangle Man, 8% damage to Universe Man, 6% damage to Particle Man) Now, will you look at that? Serafina had snapped out of her confusion! Miraculous!

Epik then hovered right above the pool, attempting to fire a Sludge Bomb right towards Triangle Man. A figure, which was none other than Triangle Man, surfaced and fired a point-blank Ice Beam. Epik was soon covered in a layer of ice, and he then fell on top of the water, frozen solid (12% damage). Triangle Man suddenly shuddered, as he felt something hot and sticky sticking on his skin. He groaned, as a bit of Epik’s Sludge Bomb manage to stick on his skin, causing him to felt a burning sensation (5% damage). Thankfully, the glob of poison wasn’t enough to poison the whole tank.

Meanwhile, Vega struggled to use a Wing Cutter towards Person Man, but to no avail, as he continued to clutch on her back. Person Man’s right gloved hand then glowed with a red flame, and using his left hand to clutch on her, he punched Vega right on her head. Vega then flew around, her head feeling very painful (8% damage). She tried to ignore the extra weight on her back, and fired stars of energy towards all of her opponent. The attack manages to hit all of her opponent (4% damage to Particle Man, 6% damage to Universe Man, 6% damage to Triangle Man). However, a second Fire Punch from Person Man proved too much, and she was then sent crashing towards the floor (8% damage). Person Man was then hurled off from Vega’s back, his momentum stopped by a table. He picked himself up, wiping off the dust from his body.

Careful, y’all. You’re gonna bring this whole place down if you’re not careful!

End of Round Three

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
Energy: 63%
~Confused
~Tormented ~ Unable to use same attack in a row for 1 more round

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 58%
Energy: 55%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 51%
Energy: 61%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
HP: 78%
Energy: 60%

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
Energy: 56%

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
HP: 57%
Energy: 58%

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
HP: 53%

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Energy: 57%
Reflect ~ Up for 1 more turn
Mimic~ Water Pulse

Arena Status: Tables were knocked over due to Particle Man’s Rollout. A crack appeared on the spot where Vega crashed. The attacks that were launched off wiped some dirt from the floor. Puddle of water were formed near the pool. A table was broken to two due to Universe Man’s Seismic Toss.

The Blue Avenger
9th July 2006, 02:48 PM
Okay, Particle Man, try and shake off your confusion and use Lock On on Serafina. then hit her with another Zap Cannon (assuming she's not behind any of our teammates. If she is, wait untul you have a clear shot.) Finally, Thunderpunch your nearest foe.

Triangle Man, Epik's right there, fresh for the attacking. Chill him some more with an Ice Beam, hurl him away with Water Pulse, then use your sharpshooter skills to nail him with a Hydro Pump.

Universe Man, hurl Serafina into Vega with Psychic, then try and hit both of 'em with Hydro Pump (at the same time!). Finally, when Epik comes crashing down, fire a Bubblebeam at him.

Person Man, Meditate and then Future Sight on any foe. Finish by Mega Kicking the nearest foe.

Saffire Persian
10th July 2006, 11:49 PM
Epik, since you're placed so conveniently in front of that Sharpedo, use Hypnosis on him to send him into dreamland before he can use Ice Beam. Next, use Dream Eater to gain back some health. Then, use Confuse Ray on the Poliwrath. If Hypnosis does not work, aim another Sludge Bomb down his throat, and follow up with a Confuse Ray .

Vega, start off with an Agility to help dodge in case Serafina goes flying. Use your speed to fly around and use Air Cutter from the back to make the Poliwrath look towards you. Keep high in the air though. But strike hard and fast - one of his targets is you, so you shouldn't have much trouble drawing attention to yourself. Then, once you're finished and Poliwrath is aiming a Bubble Beam at Epik, hit the Poliwrath with a Steel Wing from the back.

Serafina: All right. First off, lets try to get out of that Psychic. The Nosepass might be locking on to you, but that's all right. He can follow you all he wants. First, use Faint Attack this will cloud you in Dark-type energy and render you invisible. As Psychic moves can't hit dark types, perhaps Faint Attack will help you not get located by that Psychic attack. While you're invisible, I want you to go where Poliwrath is.

When Vega draws his attention, appear behind the Poliwrath -- he should be too busy trying to get Vega to notice you. And you were invisible, so he wouldn't have seen you coming. Keep right in front of him and let that dang Nosepass see you. He probably has a clear shot of you, so let him aim, and he'll fire his Zap Cannon at you. Wait until it gets close, then dodge it with Detect . The Zap Cannon shouldn't have too change it's directions so fast and hit Poliwrath (who is just behind you) instead. Next, finish off with a nice Shock Wave .

Oh, and if, by chance, Nosepass is unable to use Zap Cannon (as in he hurts himself in confusion) just use Water Pulse on him.

Rast, first of all, keep away from Mr. Mime and that Nosepass. Anyways, I want you to watch Nosepass closely. When he uses Lock On Mimic it, and lock onto Person Man. Then, when Nosepass uses Zap Cannon Mimic that and send the Zap Cannon at Person Man. Finish up by renewing your Reflect, but extend it to Serafina as well.

If by some way or another Nosepass fails to use Lock On or is unable to use Zap Canon, substitute Shadow Ball for each. Both aimed at Mr. Mime

-----

Epik: (Gastly, Male): Hypnosis/Sludge Bomb (Sharpedo) ~ Dream Eater/Confuse Ray (Sharpedo) ~ Confuse Ray (Mr. Mime)

Vega (Skarmory, Female) Agility ~ Air Cutter (Poliwrath) ~ Steel Wing (Poliwrath)

Serafina (Meowth, Female) Faint Attack (To get in place) ~ Detect/Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Shockwave (All)

Rast (Eevee, Male) Mimic(Lock-On)/Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Mimic (Zap Cannon)/Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Reflect (Him and Serafina)

...XD.. There we go.

darktyranitar
14th July 2006, 02:22 PM
Okay, here we go... Point out any mistake that I make, if you found any... *tired*

Round Four

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
Energy: 63%
~Confused
~Tormented ~ Unable to use same attack in a row for 1 more round
Attack Command: Lock On (Serafina) ~ Zap Cannon (Serafina) ~ Thunderpunch (nearest foe)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 58%
Energy: 55%
Attack Command: Ice Beam (Epik) ~ Water Pulse ~ Hydro Pump (Epik)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 51%
Energy: 61%
Attack Command: Psychic (Serafina to Vega) ~ Hydro Pump (Serafina and Vega) ~ Bubblebeam (Epik)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
HP: 78%
Energy: 60%
Attack Command: Meditate ~ Future Sight (Anyone) ~ Mega Kick (nearest foe)

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
Attack Command: Agility ~ Air Cutter (Poliwrath) ~ Steel Wing (Poliwrath)

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
HP: 57%
Energy: 58%
Attack Command: Faint Attack (To get in place) ~ Detect/Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Shockwave (All)

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
Attack Command: Hypnosis (Sharpedo) ~ Dream Eater/ Sludge Bomb (Sharpedo) ~ Confuse Ray (Poliwrath)

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Energy: 57%
Mimic~ Water Pulse
Attack Command: Mimic(Lock-On)/Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Mimic (Zap Cannon)/Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Reflect (Him and Serafina)

Background music: Set It Off: Paul Oakenfold featuring Grandmaster Flash

Round Four~ Begin!

Epik now lay in front of Triangle Man, still trapped in his prison of ice. Triangle Man snickered, thinking how convenient this was for him. He was just about to launch an Ice Beam towards Epik, when he suddenly felt very sleepy… He saw Epik eyes turning red… and then he fell into a deep slumber.

Universe Man focused his inner Psychic energy, attempting to throw Serafina towards Vega. Vega warily used Agility to manoeuvre herself away from Serafina, but no, it was not because Serafina was dirty or something, but she was preparing herself in case Universe Man’s Psychic worked. Serafina looked around, noticing that Universe Man was planning to utilize his psychic power on her and that Particle Man was taking an aim towards her. She let Particle Man scanned her for a while, but she then disappeared in a dark blur, making Universe Man’s attack completely fail. Meanwhile, Rast copied Particle Man attack, and after he was sure he knew how to perform the attack, used the attack back towards Person Man.

Person Man was now sitting on the floor, eyes closed and feet crossed, appearing to be deep in meditating. He was oblivious to the other Pokemon around him, and thankfully, no one had hit him. Yet.

Epik, still covered with ice, then bored tendrils of psychic energy towards the sleeping Triangle Man, attempting to eat his dream. But it did not work at all, as he had forgot that Triangle Man was half Dark type.

Universe Man was now having dumfounded: where was Serafina? He looked around franticly, failing to notice that Serafina was actually behind her. Particle Man, obviously knowing her location, cried gleefully, and began to charge a big ball of electricity. Unknown to her, Rast was also doing the same thing…

Particle Man then fired the ball of electricity towards Serafina, followed by Rast, who fired it towards Particle Man. The second ball hit the target, causing Particle Man to shudder with pain (12% damage), but the first ball was a different story. Serafina had confidently dodged the ball of electricity during the last moment, which caused the ball to hit Universe Man instead (15% damage). Universe Man growled, and fired a Hydro Pump towards Serafina (12% damage). He then felt a sharp pain at his back (8% damage), and still keeping the water pumping out from his mouth, turned his head to face his attacker. He caught a glimpse of Vega, who was now high up the air. He immediately stopped his Hydro Pump attack, knowing how useless it is to try and hit Vega now.

Person Man got up on his feet, feeling his attack slightly raised by his early action of meditating. He closed his eyes once again, and this time, foresaw an attack towards all of his opponent… And whom will he hit? Obviously, only he knew the answer to that question.

Serafina got up, her fur completely wet now. Unknown to Universe Man, she was now collecting sparks of electricity in her paw. Universe Man was too busy glaring at Epik and Triangle Man, and he was quite angry that his partner had let him down. Focusing on Epik, he began to collect some bubble in his gloved hands. He fired the bubbles, but was knocked from his back once again (8% damage). He gave a beaten moan, before he looked up towards his target. Nothing; the Gastly was unharmed…

He then blinked his eyes. What was that dark orb or ethereal energy that was coming right towards him? And why was he feeling quite… dizzy? His head lolled up and down, as he watched the world around spinning and spinning…

He then felt sharp stinging sensation passing through him. He looked up, and saw a beautiful sight (to him, of course) of yellow zigzag pattern coursing on top of him. He looked around, and saw his other partners struck by the yellow zigzag pattern as well. In his eyes, their image appears to be nothing more than a set of dancing figures… and then he winced, as he felt the stinging sensation of the attack once again… (6% damage to Person Man, 9% damage to Triangle Man, 9% damage to Universe Man, 6% damage to Particle Man) A series of explosion was heard, as some TV around them had exploded…

Particle Man recovered from the Shockwave attack, and grinned when he saw the wet Serafina sitting conveniently close to him. He gripped his stubby hand, collecting sparks of electricity around it. A brown blur then raced in front of him, but paying no attention to it, he struck his hand down towards Serafina. He then brings her hands up, as he felt something hard separating Serafina from his hand. He took a closer look, and realised that Rast had put a reflective barrier on top of Serafina and himself. Serafina looked up at the semitransparent mauve barrier, glad that it manages to stop the attack from doing its full damage to her wet body (4% damage).

Person Man looked around at his opponent… Epik was a Ghost type… both Serafina and Rast were protected by a barrier… that leaves him with Vega. He rushed towards her, hoisted his feet up, before bringing it down towards her feet with a loud crashing force. Vega groaned, her head ringing from the intense pain (12% damage).

As for Triangle Man… yeah… how could we forget about him? Yeah… he was still asleep… For three turn straight!

End of Round Four

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 56%
Energy: 50%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 49%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 19%
Energy: 47%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
HP: 72%
Energy: 44%
Attack +1
Future Sight on!

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 59%
Energy: 43%

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
HP: 41%

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Energy: 42%
Mimic~ Water Pulse
Mimic~ Lock On
Mimic~ Zap Cannon

Arena Status: Tables were knocked over due to Particle Man’s Rollout. A crack appeared on the spot where Vega crashed. The attacks that were launched off wiped some dirt from the floor. Puddles of water were formed near the pool. A table was broken to two due to Universe Man’s Seismic Toss. Some TV exploded due to Serafina’s Shockwave, but the DJ still… lives! Mwahaha!

Saffire Persian
14th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks - though one thing. Dark-types aren't completely resistant to Ghost-Type moves. Rather, they still take damage, not super effective, but a little less than normal (According to Veekun.com) anyway, so Dream Eater would've sucked something from the shark.

And in the Reffing, you said Rast's Zap Cannon was aimed towards Particle Man, which is not true, he was aiming for the Mr. Mime (Hence why he used Lock On on the Mr. Mime before hand)

Thanks for the reffing though. I'd get confused, too. @_@

The Blue Avenger
14th July 2006, 04:27 PM
SP: Dream Eater is a Psychic move, so it would not affect a Dark-type.

Saffire Persian
14th July 2006, 04:29 PM
0_o Ah, I thought it was a ghost-type move. XD No wonder it failed. *hits self*

darktyranitar
14th July 2006, 11:15 PM
Ah yes, I got all confused *bang head*. So, should I change it now? Or are you guys okay with that?

Your turn SP!

Saffire Persian
14th July 2006, 11:19 PM
If you do or don't it doesn't matter to me. It ended up hitting somebody for the same amount of damage it probably would have if it hit him. XD.. So it isn't like you skipped over it or anything. I'm still feeling like I should deck myself with a brick myself since I thought that Dream Eater was a ghost-type move.

And i'll edit my attacks in momentarily.

Saffire Persian
19th July 2006, 01:16 PM
Epik, use Torment on Sharpedo first, to stave off multiple sleep talks. Follow up with Thunder on the Sharpedo, followed by a Toxic at your nearest foe. However, switch targets for Toxic if any of our comrades are in the way or a Safeguard is set up. If one is, use Giga Drain on Sharpedo instead.

Vega, I want you to start off with a wide spread Swift attack on all our opponents. Keep flying around so you won't be an easy target, and fly as high as you can to prevent physical assaults. Follow up with an Air Cutter on Poliwrath. However, if he's knocked out, aim for Mr. Mime, and finish off with yet another Swift. However, if the Mr. Mime tries to Teleport onto you and Fire Punch you again, hit him with a Drill Peck right in the head if he tries, that should knock him off.

Serafina: Try to keep farther away from Poliwrath and Mr. Mime, and watch out for any incoming physical attacks. First, try to get on top of things and fire off a Shockwave and follow up with a Double Team and send the clones off in all directions. Finish off with one more Shockwave .

Rast: You're doing great. Lets put that Water Pulse to good use and use it on Nosepass. Make sure to keep yourself a moving target to you will be harder to track down and hit. Use the fallen tables for cover if need be; you're small enough you could hide behind them. For your next move, a Swift will work wonders. Finish off with a Secret Power at Poliwrath if he's still alive; if not your nearest available opponent. If your view is blocked by one of our teammates, choose another target.

If for any reason somebody tries to use Brick Break on you, use Protect to block it and protect your shield.

Epik (Gastly, Male): Torment (Sharpedo) ~ Thunder (Sharpedo) ~ Toxic (Nearest Foe)/Giga Drain (Sharpedo)

Vega (Skarmory, Female): Swift ~ Air Cutter (Poliwraath/Mr. Mime) ~ Swift
Sub: Drill Peck on Mr. Mime if he tries his Teleport/Punch combo again.

Serafina(Meowth, Female): Shockwave ~ Double Team ~ Shockwave

Rast (Eevee, Male): Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Swift ~ Secret Power (Poliwrath/Nearest Foe)
Sub: Protect if Brick Breaked against.

The Blue Avenger
20th July 2006, 02:26 PM
Triangle Man, Sleep Talk ~ Snore ~ Sleep Talk. If you wake up, use Ice Beam on Gastly, then Dive underwater, then Hydro Pump the nearest foe.

Universe Man, this could be it. Use Submission on Rast, then use Psychic to hurl the Eevee at Serafina. Finish by using Psychic to blast Serafina.

Person Man, send out a wide-range Shock Wave to try and hit as many foes as possible. Then sue a Thunderbolt on Vega. Finally, use Psychic to redirect that Toxic to Rast.

Particle Man, Lock On to Serafina before she can Double Team. Then Zap Cannon her. Finish by using Dynamicpunch on Rast after he's been Toxicked.

darktyranitar
31st July 2006, 05:40 AM
Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

Round Five

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 56%
Attack Command: Lock On (Serafina) ~ Zap Cannon (Serafina) ~ Dynamicpunch (Rast)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 49%
Attack Command: Sleep Talk ~ Snore ~ Sleep Talk
Sub: Ice Beam (Epik) ~ Dive ~ Hydro Pump (Nearest foe)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 19%
Attack Command: Submission (Rast) ~ Psychic (Rast to Serafina) ~ Psychic (Serafina)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
Attack +1
Future Sight on!
Attack Command: Shockwave (All) ~ Thunderbolt (Vega) ~ Psychic (Toxic to Rast)

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 59%
Energy: 43%
Attack Command: Swift ~ Air Cutter (Universe Man/ Person Man) ~ Swift
Sub: Drill Peck on Person Man if he tries his Teleport/Punch combo again

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
HP: 41%
Attack Command: Shockwave ~ Double Team ~ Shockwave

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
Attack Command: Torment (Triangle Man) ~ Thunder (Triangle Man) ~ Toxic (Nearest Foe)/Giga Drain (Triangle Man)

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Mimic~ Water Pulse
Mimic~ Lock On
Mimic~ Zap Cannon
Attack Command: Water Pulse (Particle Man) ~ Swift ~ Secret Power (Universe Man/Nearest Foe)
Sub: Protect if Brick Breaked against.

Background music: Not Over: Paul Oakenfold featuring Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic Amsterdam

Round Five~ Begin!

Serafina got behind the shield that Rast had put earlier and immediately began to get as far as possible from both Universe Man and Person Man. She then let loose another wide-area Shockwave, which does its wonders as usual (6% damage to Person Man, 9% damage to Triangle Man, 9% damage to Universe Man, 6% damage to Particle Man). Person Man then groaned, as he also began to charge a similar energy of electricity. He then let go of the electric wave, shocking each of his opponents, except for Serafina, who just got herself away from him (6% damage to Epik, 9% damage to Vega, 4% damage to Rast). Vega then also join in the fun, firing off a widespread range attack Swift attack from above (6% damage to Person Man, 6% damage to Triangle Man, 6% damage to Universe Man, 3% damage to Particle Man).

Unknown to Serafina, Particle Man was locking on her, ready for his next attack. He was then met with a familiar water blast from Rast, but fortunately, he wasn’t confused by the attack this time (8% damage). Universe Man, now at the leg of his health, then struggled to get up… He immediately sends himself flying towards Rast, but as Rast was moving around, he terribly missed… He then crashed hard on the floor, and he was then knocked out… (4% damage)

Epik, now face to face with Triangle Man, began to put a curse towards him to prevent him from using two similar attacks in a row. Triangle Man then shook, before he attacked Epik with a Fury Cutter while he was still asleep (3% damage). After being hit, Epik began to charge for a massive Thunder attack. Triangle Man’s eyes darted open just as the Thunder attack was launched, and in a blink of an eye, he was gone under the surface of the pool. Disappointed, Epik hovered above the pool, realising that Triangle Man was wide-awake now.

Rast then emerged behind a table and immediately used a widespread range Swift attack towards his opponents (3% damage to Person Man, 6% damage to Triangle Man, 6% damage to Particle Man). Serafina smiled a bit, seeing that the rest of her teammates were doing a good job at damaging their opponents. She began to work on creating clones of herself, but she then noticed that Particle Man was charging up a ball of electricity, and he was… aiming towards her? She ignored the attack, and continued her attack, successfully creating five copy of herself. She then looked forward, and was most surprised when she saw the large ball of electricity heading straight towards her. She was then zapped, thus destroying the rest of her clones (12% damage).

Seeing that Universe Man was knocked out, Vega swooped down towards Person Man, ready to give him her familiar Air Cutter attack. But Person Man was prepared, as he began to collect a handful of electric energy in his gloved hand. Both Pokemon then collided, Vega straining her wings, and Person Man holding his hands in front of him…

SLASH! ZAP! Both attack collided, sending both Pokemon reeling away. Person Man then looked down at his hands, spotting various cuts on his glove. Vega, meanwhile, found out that a portion of her wings was numb from the electric attack (7% damage to Person Man, 12% damage to Vega).

Tired of waiting for Triangle Man to emerge, Epik hacked out a toxic glob towards his nearest opponent: Person Man. However, Person Man then utilized his psychic power towards the glob, redirecting it towards Rast. Rast gagged, as he began to feel the poison taking its effect on him. He then breathes in, and after holding it for a moment, he exhaled. He then exhaled once more, but this time, a beam of normal energy was fired towards Person Man (6% damage). Person Man then fell back, as he began to feel drowsy from the beam…

Not aware, Epik was then hit by a Hydro Pump attack from Triangle Man who had suddenly submerged (12% damage). The force of the water cannon attack sends him flying, breaking off the ice on his body.

Not long after Rast is poisoned, Particle Man moved behind Rast, his hand held high. Rast looked behind, only to be greeted by a powerful, somewhat explosive punch from Particle Man (15% damage). The barrier didn’t help much; in fact, it seems as if it was about to be destroyed.

And for the finisher, both Vega and Serafina fired a widespread range attack of Swift and Shockwave (3% damage to Person Man, 6% damage to Triangle Man, 6% damage to Particle Man), (6% damage to Person Man, 9% damage to Triangle Man, 6% damage to Particle Man).

But it’s not over yet… a sudden tear of time suddenly appeared, sending off a mass of energy towards Vega, sending her crashing towards a group of table (10% damage). Whew, what a surprise…

Guess it’s not over yet for both sides. It’s sure an intense round… But for Universe Man… it’s bye-bye for him…

End of Round Five

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
HP: 35%
Energy: 32%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 13%
Energy: 37%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Universe Man (M)
HP: 0%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
HP: 29%
Energy: 28%
Attack +1

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 28%
Energy: 27%

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
Energy: 29%

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
HP: 32%
Energy: 30%

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Toxic~ 2% damage next round, increasing damage
Mimic~ Water Pulse
Mimic~ Lock On
Mimic~ Zap Cannon

Arena Status: The Corner Store nightclub
Tables were knocked over due to Particle Man’s Rollout. A crack appeared on the spot where Vega crashed. The attacks that were launched off wiped some dirt from the floor. Puddles of water were formed near the pool. A table was broken to two due to Universe Man’s Seismic Toss. Some TV exploded due to Serafina’s Shockwave. A few tables were broken by Vega’s impact on them.

Saffire Persian
31st July 2006, 11:14 AM
I don't believe Rast can technically be Toxiced.. as it's a banned move:

Banned moves: Recovery (Recover, not Giga Drain), Toxic, cheapness (Perish Song, Grudge, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Self Destruct, 1 hit KO), Attract

The Blue Avenger
31st July 2006, 11:34 AM
Oh wow... I completely forgot I banned that move in the first place. >_<

darktyranitar
3rd August 2006, 12:41 PM
Wait a minute... It was SP who had used Toxic, not TBA. So, err... why did you use Toxic?

Saffire Persian
3rd August 2006, 01:09 PM
YOu're quite right - why did I? *eyes* o.0

I think the fault is mine, and I knew Toxic was banned... Odd... I think I meant Sludge Bomb and put Toxic >< So DT was quite correct to defend himself against it, so Rast can stay poisoned I guess, and I was the one who ordered it.

>< Dunno what I was thinking really.

Saffire Persian
3rd August 2006, 01:18 PM
YOu're quite right - why did I? *eyes* o.0

I think the fault is mine, and I knew Toxic was banned... Odd... I think I meant Sludge Bomb and put Toxic >< So, DT, TBA was quite right to defend himself against it, so Rast can stay poisoned I guess, and I was the one who ordered it.

>< Dunno what I was thinking really.

darktyranitar
3rd August 2006, 01:20 PM
Or I could just remove the toxic effect. That seems fair.

The Blue Avenger
6th August 2006, 07:37 PM
And it's my turn. Sorry.

Triangle Man, send out a widespread Taunt. Next, use an Ice Beam on the Gastly. Finish with Hydro Pump on the Eevee. If anyone uses an Electric attack on you, Dive underwater, but only after Taunting.

Person Man, Sleep Talk, Snore, Sleep Talk.

Particle Man, Lock On on Vega then Zap Cannon her. Finish by Rollouting your nearest foe.

Saffire Persian
6th August 2006, 09:13 PM
If he wants to Taunt us, then he can go right ahead.

Epik, since our dear Triangle Man is taunting you, lets give him what he wants: a nice Thunder right to the face! Next fly up and use Dream Eater on our sleeping Mr. Mime. However, if he's awake by now use Shadowball on him instead. Send another Shadowball At the Nosepass as he starts rolling, try to send him off course away from his intended opponent.

Vega, while that Nosepass is locking on to you, hit him with a Steel Wing to disturb his concentration. If you're still under any sort of Taunt I'm afraid that you'll have to Steel Wing him again. If you're not, fly up and use Protect . No matter what the outcome, fly upwards, as you'll more than likely be his closest opponent, and he won't be able to hit someone that's in the air. Finish off with an nice Swift attack.

Rast, you're doing great so far. Try and ignore that Taunt as best you can. Use Water Pulse on that Nosepass while he locks on to Vega. Next creep up just behind the Mr. Mime if he's still sleeping. With the nose of the crowd, Snore shouldn't do much, and Epik will likely be Dream Eatering him. But as soon as he seems to have finished snoring, lunge in and hit him with a Double Edge attack and use that speed you've gain to dash off away from him before he can begin his next Sleep Talk. Next, if you can, Mimic Serafina's Shock Wave and use it -, yes, I know you've Mimiced a lot. Since you are technically attacking, hopefully the Taunt won't be a problem. If it is, and you won't be able to Mimic, we'll settle for a Swift attack instead.

Stella, lets begin by putting a little distance between you and the rest of the opponents, so you can attack and defend on the fly if need be. First off, use a wide spread Shockwave this'll help finish Sharpedo off if he's not already.

Next, Nosepass should be occupied with Vega, and Mr. Mime will likely be Snoring. So, use Water Pulse on the Nosepass. However, if for some reason or another Triangle Man is still around, use [b] Shock Wave again, this should activate TBA's commands to have the shark dive underwater and stay there, as there will be an attack coming towards him. Use Shockwave as your last move.

In short:

Epik (Gastly, Male): Thunder (Sharpedo) ~ Dream Eater/Shadowball (Mr. Mime) ~ Shadowball (Nosepass)

Vega (Skarmory, Female): Steel Wing (Nosepass) ~ Steel Wing/Protect (Nosepass) ~ Swift

Serafina (Meowth, Female): Shockwave ~ Water Pulse (Nosepass)/Shockwave ~ Shockwave

Rast (Eevee, Male): Water Pulse (Nosepass) ~ Double Edge (Mr. Mime) ~ Mimic/Swift

darktyranitar
13th August 2006, 04:34 AM
Hehehe...

Round Five

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
Energy: 32%
Attack Command: Lock On (Vega) ~ Zap Cannon (Vega) ~ Rollout (nearest foe)

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
HP: 13%
Energy: 37%
Attack Command: Taunt (wide) ~ Ice Beam (Epik) ~ Hydro Pump (Rast)
Sub: Dive

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
Attack +1
Attack Command: Sleep Talk ~ Snore ~ Sleep Talk.

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 28%
Attack Command: Steel Wing (Particle Man) ~ Steel Wing (Particle Man) ~ Swift

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
Energy: 29%
Attack Command: Shockwave (Wide) ~ Water Pulse (Particle Man)/Shockwave (Wide) ~ Shockwave (Wide)

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
Energy: 30%
Attack Command: Thunder (Triangle Man) ~ Dream Eater (Person Man)/Shadow Ball (Person Man) ~ Shadow Ball (Particle Man)

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Mimic~ Water Pulse
Mimic~ Lock On
Mimic~ Zap Cannon
Attack Command: Water Pulse (Particle Man) ~ Double Edge (Person Man) ~ Mimic (Shockwave)/Swift

Background music: Save Your Last Trance For Me: Paul Oakenfold

Round Six~ Begin!

Triangle Man, at the leg of his last HP immediately tried to get everyone’s attention (his opponents, that is) by taunting. As far as Epik was concerned, be it taunted or not taunted, he was to give it all in a Thunder attack.

BOOM! Goes the lightning bolt towards the vulnerable Triangle Man. There was a loud and long growling sound from the pool, as Triangle Man felt the electric coursing through him… And then there was a long silence, as Triangle Man moved no more… (14% damage)

A sudden jolt from Person Man get stole everyone’s attention from the pool, inviting some surprised look from SP’s Pokemon, and some shocked and angry look from TBA’s remaining Pokemon. Muttering words to himself, Person Man then launched a

Now, Person Man narrowed his eyes as he took an aim towards Vega- who was now speeding towards him, her wing glowing silver. Her wing then smacked straight on Particle Man’s nose, which hurt the big nose Pokemon, both body and pride (8% damage). But he was not finished yet, as a Water Pulse from Rast then struck him (8% damage).

Serafina then send one of her trademark attack in this match: a wide Shockwave attack, shocking all of her opponent (two, actually) (6% damage to Person Man, 6% damage to Particle Man).

Person Man then shuddered, and then, he was awake! He looked around confusedly, trying to make what his trainer order was… He heard Snore, and so he snored. Nothing happened, much to his confusion.

This brought an evil look on Epik’s face. He began to collect an orb of dark energy, firing it towards the dazed Person Man next. The attack caused a small explosion, sending Person Man blasting away (10% damage). But before he could land, Serafina rushed towards him and shoved him off with a painful Double Edge (10% damage), sending him flying towards a different direction… finally landing beside the DJ…

Particle Man gathered a large orb of electricity, and after he took one last aim, threw it towards the flying Vega. The attack dissipated harmlessly moments before it could reach Vega, apparently stopped by a protective shield. Disappointed, Person Man lowered his gaze, accepting an incoming Water Pulse from Serafina (8% damage). But he wasn’t going to give up so easily! Quickly, he began to roll into a ball, rushing towards his nearest opponent. But that didn’t happened, as Epik then threw a Shadow Ball towards him, sending him off course (5% damage). Serafina then gave a sigh of relief…

For finisher, it’s all stars and lightning! Serafina sends out a widespread Shockwave attack, copied by Rast the copy-eye Eevee, and Vega sending a wide Swift attack (6% damage to Person Man, 6% damage to Particle Man), (6% damage to Person Man, 6% damage to Particle Man), (6% damage to Person Man, 4% damage to Particle Man).

There was a long and loud groan… when things cleared down a bit; Person Man and Particle Man were on the floor, knocked out.

End of Round Six

Stats:

Team TheBlueAvenger
Particle Man (M)
Energy: 19%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Triangle Man (M)
Energy: 33%

Team TheBlueAvenger
Person Man (M)
Attack +1

Team Saffire Persian
Vega (F)
HP: 10%

Team Saffire Persian
Serafina (F)
Energy: 19%

Team Saffire Persian
Epik (M)
Energy: 13%

Team Saffire Persian
Rast (M)
Energy: 12%
Reflect ends
Mimic~ Water Pulse
Mimic~ Lock On
Mimic~ Zap Cannon
Mimic~ Shockwave

Arena Status: The Corner Store nightclub
Tables were knocked over due to Particle Man’s Rollout. A crack appeared on the spot where Vega crashed. The attacks that were launched off wiped some dirt from the floor. Puddles of water were formed near the pool. A table was broken to two due to Universe Man’s Seismic Toss. Some TV exploded due to Serafina’s Shockwave. A few tables were broken by Vega’s impact on them.

And there you have it, people! The winner of the match, Saffire Persian!

*Crowd goes wild*

Yeah, what a wicked and a massive fight that was. Give an applause to The Blue Avenger as well, for putting up a good fight in this 4 VS 4 match!

*Crowd shout and whistles*

That’s it for tonight, folks! Another session of battle from the 04621 village! But don’t go yet, as there’s still more to come, from the Corner Store nightclub! Stay in to enjoy the rest of the performance. We from the 04621 village hope to see all you guys again. Thank you!

TBA: 2 points
dt: 4 points

There. I think I put the point right. Enjoy!

~Faiz

The Blue Avenger
13th August 2006, 04:06 PM
Ah well. Good game, SP. What have we learned today, kids?

"Jeff can't do 4 v 4's!"

That's right! Thanks for reffing as well, dt.

Saffire Persian
13th August 2006, 05:24 PM
A sudden jolt from Person Man get stole everyone’s attention from the pool, inviting some surprised look from SP’s Pokemon, and some shocked and angry look from TBA’s remaining Pokemon. Muttering words to himself, Person Man then launched a

Out of curiosity, what exactly did Person Man do here - I'm wondering what he did to catch everyone's attention.

Anyways, thanks for battling TBA, I thought I was going to get royally creamed. ^^ And you're not a bad battler at all o.o

Thanks for reffing DT... that was one heck of a hectic match.

Chris 2.1
13th August 2006, 05:25 PM
SP is it just me or are you gonna go for a load of evolutions? XD

The Blue Avenger
13th August 2006, 05:36 PM
Out of curiosity, what exactly did Person Man do here - I'm wondering what he did to catch everyone's attention.

I'm guessing Taunt or Follow Me, something like that.

darktyranitar
14th August 2006, 01:51 PM
Err... Actually, I have forgotten to put the sleep talk action... *Runs off*

~Faiz