PDA

View Full Version : I challenge The_Missing_Link (ref: Saffire Persian)

Knight of Time
23rd June 2006, 09:47 AM
Okay, so it's been a while since we last had an ASB battle Rebecca, but I'm packing serious strategy for my battles (more than ever, it's where good thinking counts even when I'm losing a battle), so since I realized I needed a new battle, I'm eager to battle against you for the first time since my return to ASB.

Rules:

3 on 3 (not all out at the same time; just one at a time. I think it will be a while before I have another triple battle with someone)
You choose first
I attack first
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: Subsitute, Rest, Attract, any other healing moves that do no damage (e.g. Recover), cheap moves (e.g. Explosion, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, Endeavor).
Arena: a mountain range, the battlers and Pokemon will be at the bottom though, just so the air isn't dangerous for any Pokemon or battler's breathing.

If you have a free slot Rebecca, go ahead and choose your first Pokemon for this match, I'm looking forward to a good battle.

Ace64
23rd June 2006, 09:51 AM
Nice timing. I'll ref this.

EDIT: Erg.Actually, I can't. Lost count of my reffings. Sorry.

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2006, 11:20 AM
Ok, but I want to add another rule - no type advantages. I hate those

I'll use Shino (male Spinarak)

Knight of Time
23rd June 2006, 11:49 AM
As you wish. I don't always have to use Pokemon with type advantages anyway, unless I was really losing a battle (this battle will be an exception though; even if you're badly beating me at one point when I eventually send out my second (or third) Pokemon, I won't use one with a type advantage just to remain fair.

I'll use Hydronix, my shiny male Squirtle first.

Okay Hydronix, first off, start this round by using a Double Team, then send a Water Pulse at Shino, arcing it if necessary (incase of clones mainly). Finish with a rippling Confusion.

Sub:

If Toxic, String Shot or Spider Web is used, blast it away as best you can with a pressurized Water Pulse.

Double Team ~ Water Pulse (arcing if necessary, or to blast away a Toxic, String Shot or Spider Web) ~ Confusion/Water Pulse (to blast away a Toxic, String Shot or Spider Web)

Saffire Persian
23rd June 2006, 12:19 PM
If Ace can't, then I'll gladly Ref, unless either of you have objections.

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2006, 12:59 PM
I'm cool with it

Shino, sludge bomb the clones away and after he uses water pulse, use psychic to throw him into the rocks. Finally, use dig to avoid and attack

Sludge Bomb~Psychic~Dig

Knight of Time
23rd June 2006, 01:11 PM
I'm fine with you reffing Saffire Persian, go ahead.

I'll edit the topic title in a sec.

Saffire Persian
24th June 2006, 05:40 PM
ROUND ONE
Knight of Time vs. The_Missing_Link

Stats[u]

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/shiny/007.png
Hydroix the Squirtle (Male)
HP: 100%
EP: 100%
Attacks: Double Team ~ Water Pulse (arcing if necessary, or to blast away a Toxic, String Shot or Spider Web) ~ Confusion/Water Pulse (to blast away a Toxic, String Shot or Spider Web)

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/167.png
Shino the Spinarak (Male)
Attacks: Sludge Bomb~Psychic~Dig

Arena Status: a mountain range, the battlers and Pokemon will be at the bottom though, just so the air isn't dangerous for any Pokemon or battler's breathing.

[u] ~Round 1 Start~

The mountain range is completely still and silent, littered by sparse vegetation, dirt, and, of course, plenty of rocks. The silence is broken as a pair of trainers emerge into a free, open space, each in turn releasing their Pokémon. One, a calm, calculative Spinarak who immediately surveys his surroundings; the other, a shiny Squirtle who looks absolutely ecstactic to be battling, despite the fact that there is no water to be found.

The orders are quickly given, and the pristine silence is even more jarred as the Pokémon rush to obey their respective trainer’s orders.

Shino is first to react, beginning to pull up a great, round glob of toxic sludge just as Hydroix shimmers with a pale white light. Immediately, his form wavers, and in a blink of an eye he splits off into three separate images – only one of which is real. All three surround the Spinarak as the Sludge Bomb completes. Hissing in only slight irritation he fires.

The Sludge Bomb strikes one of the turtles, causing it to shimmer away as the rest of the attack impacts the ground, splattering the area around it with goo. Some of it even splatters onto each of the Hydroixes. The last clone vanishes while the real Hydroix hisses in pain as a very small amount sticky substance splatters his leg.

Trying not to focus on the slime now covering his right leg, the tiny turtle Pokémon inhales, releasing a strong, pressurized blast of water, hitting the Spinarak directly in the face. Shino wobbles from the hit, shaking his head in irritation. Hissing in a low tone, the Spinarak concentrates, a purple aura surrounding him. The spider uses Psychic to lift the unfortunate turtle up, smashing him into the nearest rock. The Turtle is released immediately, landing hard on the ground, beyond happy that he was born with a hard shell which helped soften the physical blow.

Still, Hydroix takes a moment to catch his breath as Shino begins to rapidly dig underground, forming a small hole in his wake. The Squirtle, meanwhile, has closed his eyes – sending a Confusion attack rippling through the air, so much so, it vibrates. Shino continues to dig until he is right under the turtle's body, darting upwards in a burst of speed, surprising the turtle as he breaks the soil and attacks, leaving the turtle quite startled.

[u] Post-Stats[u]

HP: 85%
EP: 85%
Status: Startled, with his right leg irritated from the acidic sludge.

HP: 92%
EP: 82%

Arena Status: Perfectly fine. Nothing’s really changed.

The_Missing_Link
24th June 2006, 11:52 PM
Ok, so you ref Dig that way...

Shino, come up and use screech to drive Hydronix insane. Then use signal beam and psybeam

Screech~Signal Beam~Psybeam

Saffire Persian
25th June 2006, 12:13 AM
(Well, you didn't specify order him to come up afterwards. If you like, I could edit the Reffing.)

The_Missing_Link
25th June 2006, 12:16 AM
Well, I said to avoid and attack which pretty much means to go under to avoid and attack as is coming up under Hydronix's feet

Saffire Persian
25th June 2006, 12:24 AM
Point taken. The Reffings been edited, my apologies for the misunderstanding on my part.

The_Missing_Link
25th June 2006, 12:31 AM
That's ok. And my attacks still remain the same, except for the whole coming up part

Knight of Time
25th June 2006, 10:53 AM
Okay Hydronix, this round should be good if we're lucky.

First, cover your ears tightly to try and avoid the Screech as best as you can while trying to use a Confusion on Shizo to scramble his brains, then Mimic his Psychic so that we can immediately (or later in the battle, depending on how you would ref Mimic, Saffire Persian) use it on him. Finally, Mirror Coat that Psybeam back at Shino, making sure you can try and aim to reflect it at his head!

Cover ears while using Confusion ~ Mimic (Shino's Psychic) ~ Mirror Coat (Shino's Psybeam)

Saffire Persian
25th June 2006, 11:38 PM
ROUND TWO

Stats[u]

HP: 85%
Status: Startled, with his right leg irritated from the acidic sludge.
Attacks: Confusion ~ Mimic ~ Mirror Coat

EP: 82%
Attacks: Screech ~ Signal Beam ~ Psybeam

Arena Status: a mountain range, the battlers and Pokemon will be at the bottom though, just so the air isn't dangerous for any Pokemon or battler's breathing. –Nothing’s really changed.

[u] ~Round 2 Start~

Shino’s hissing soon escalates into a loud, piercing Screech as the second round commences. The Squirtle has already covered his ears, trying to protect himself from hearing it. The Squirtle tries to concentrate, and use Confusion – but with Shino just beside him from where he had come up with Dig, it’s too close to fully be blocked, and concentration is immensely difficult – especially when the move requires concentration.

Frustrated, with his ears ringing from the fading Screech, the Squirtle tries to Mimic Psychic, crying in dismay as he finds he’s unable to. The move was too far back for him to Mimic, he can’t rely on a memory last round (especially when he was practically being thrown by it) to copy it by any means of the word. To Mimic it, the move would need to be extremely recent. A memory so hazy won’t do.

Suddenly, a luminescent beam of green light of slams into Hydroix, sending him reeling, and making his head spin. In no time at all, another beam comes towards him – this one purple. The Squirtle tries to clear his head, coating himself in a reflective coat. The Beam hits Hydroix’s Mirror Coated body, bouncing off and hitting the unsuspecting insect square in the face, sending him toppling over, wiggling his eight legs in confusion as he struggles to get up. Shino finally does, but small Spinarak is teetering oddly, totally disoriented and in pain from the psychic-type attack of which he is weak to.

[u] Post-Stats[u]

HP: 73%
EP: 79%

HP: 81%
EP: 68%

Arena Status: Perfectly fine. Nothing’s really changed.

Knight of Time
27th June 2006, 12:54 PM
Okay, not bad so far Hydronix, so let's see if we can build on Shino's confused state.

Calm yourself as best as you can while you try and worsen his confusion with another Confusion if you can, otherwise, blast the spider with another Water Pulse first.

For your second action, I want you to hide yourself in a Mist, finally, give Shino another Confusion if possible, otherwise, drench the spider in another Water Pulse.

Subs:

Incase of Psychic again, be ready to Struggle against it this time, as best as you can, and be ready to Mirror Coat any Psybeams if necessary.

Confusion (if Hydronix can concentrate enough to use it)/Water Pulse (incase Hydronix's concentration isn't enough to use a Confusion) ~ Mist/Struggle (if Psychic is used)/Mirror Coat (if Psybeam is used again) ~ Confusion (again, if Hydronix can concentrate enough to use it)/Water Pulse (again, incase Hydronix's concentration isn't enough to use a Confusion)/Struggle (if Psychic is used)/Mirror Coat (if Psybeam is used again)

The_Missing_Link
27th June 2006, 09:16 PM
Ok, that just looks ridiculous

Disable confusion/water pulse (whichever comes at you) then use sonicboom to drive the mist away. Finally, use giga drain

Disable~Sonicboom~Giga Drain

Saffire Persian
28th June 2006, 08:41 PM
ROUND THREE

Stats[u]

EP: 79%
Attacks: Confusion/Water Pulse ~Mist/Struggle/Mirror Coat ~ Confusion/Water Pulse/Struggle/Mirror Coat

HP: 81%
Attacks : Disable ~ Sonic Boom ~ Giga Drain

Arena Status: Nothing worth mentioning.

[u] ~Round 3 Start~

Confusion may have been the first move ordered, but Confusion is what both combatants are feeling now. The first, from his trainers extremely long string of attacks that leave the poor Squirtle to wonder if he can remember them all – after his failed recall with Mimic, he begins to doubt himself. To the second, from the added effects of a Psybeam.

Shino teeters about in a confused manner, swaying back and forth and eying the very odd, blue figure in front of him with a shell – is that what his trainer wants him to attack? The air suddenly ripples with psionic vibrations, flickering with unnatural light. The Spinarak squeals at the display, the vibrations affecting his brain and already confused mind. But through all the agonizing turmoil, the Spinarak suddenly comes to the clear decision: Blue-thing-with-shell = Target. Hissing, the spider glows red and the Squirtle blinks in bafflement as the aura surrounds him, too, before fading.

Blinking still, the Squirtle tries to remember his orders. Mist? Mirror Coat? Struggle? Which, which, which? Croaking in distress, he only haphazardly decided to use Mist when a Sonic Boom comes hurtling through the air (somewhat ill-aimed on the teetering Spianrak’s part.) The mist quickly begins to cover the arena, some of it parting way from the Sonic Boom – which hits Hydroix’s side with a loud crack, startling the Squirtle half out of his wits. The hole the attack left, however, is soon filled in by mist.

Meanwhile, the mist certainly puts a halt to Shino’s endeavors, as he can no longer see his object of interest, and he mutters absentmindedly about how maybe the blue-thing's gone all together, and his confused mind deigns it better to just sit there – nothing to suck the life out of anywhere, anyway. He can’t see a foot in front of him. And doing so is certainly a plus, it clears his mind and he gains back a bit of energy while the wears off.

Hydroix, meanwhile, is again assaulted with difficulties. He can’t see, so how’s he supposed to know what move to use? He can’t see a Psybeam right now, but what if it’s coming – or what if it’s a Psychic coming…? What was he supposed to do then? But nothing comes – Squirtle blinks, and timidly tries to concentrate and send out a Confusion, but even as his mind grasps the idea, he finds (to his utmost surprise) that for some reason he cannot use it. And thus ends the round.

[center][u] Post-Stats[u]

HP: 69%
EP: 71%
Disabled -- Cannot use Confusion for two more rounds.

EP: 65%

Arena Status: Mist is thickly covering the area – will disperse and become less hazy as time goes by.

The_Missing_Link
28th June 2006, 09:44 PM
Just for future reference, the Squirtle's name is Hydronix. There's an N in there

Shino, use double team to put up a defense. Then use screech to strike some fear into Hydronix and then use psychic to locate him and do some damage, knock him backwards or something

Double Team~Screech~Psychic

Knight of Time
29th June 2006, 01:32 PM
Hydronix, immediately use a Rain Dance to drench Shino and make him lose all his clones, then cover your ears again, making sure you can blast him with a good Water Pulse if you can partially (or completely) see him, finally, Struggle against his Psychic attempt.

Rain Dance ~ Water Pulse ~ Struggle (Shino's Psychic)

Saffire Persian
1st July 2006, 01:20 AM
ROUND FOUR

Stats[u]

Hydronix the Squirtle (Male)
HP: 69%
EP: 71%
Disabled -- Cannot use Confusion for two more rounds.
Attacks: Rain Dance ~ Water Pulse ~ Struggle

EP: 65%
Attacks: Double Team ~ Screech ~ Psychic

Arena Status: Mist is thickly covering the area – will disperse and become less hazy as time goes by.

[u] ~Round 4 Start~

Mist is completely covering the arena, rendering visibility to almost nothing, leaving both combatants wondering where each other is. Shino’s confusion is only slight, now – the worst of it over and forgotten. He has no trouble summoning up three identical clones, all mimicking his exact movements as he looks through the mist. Suddenly, a drip of water hits him, then another, then another. They grow at a fast rate, pelting him with a barrage of tiny droplets. The clones are not immune to the rain either, wavering and phasing as the Rain Dance hits them, and it doesn’t take long before they vanish as if they had ever been.

Unable to see his opponent still, though the mist is slowly becoming less thick and easier to see by, Shino lets out a loud, piercing screech that reverberates in the still, mist and rain full air. Not too far away, Hydronix is covering his ears, hating the loud noise that’s so familiar to him. It’s loud – certainly not as loud as before, but still, it makes him shudder a bit. But it requires little concentration to pull up a Water Pulse, though the Screech is making it hard, yet easier, to aim at the spider who he cannot see.

The screech is sound, it helps pinpoint where he is, but then again, the Screech is making it unbearably hard to think, harder to determine the most logical place where the Spinarak is. Grimacing, the Squirtle aims the blast straight forward. It parts through the mist, missing Shino, though nevertheless hitting a tree nearby, startling the spider a bit at the close call.

Composing himself, Shino closes his beady-black eyes, concentrating on finding the mind of the Squirtle. It doesn’t take long to locate it, and though he used some energy to locate the Squirtle’s position, he nevertheless hits it with a Psychic blast, knocking him over, and giving the Squirtle no time to really bother fighting back with a Struggle.

The rain continues to fall.

HP: 62%
EP: 62%
Disabled -- Cannot use Confusion for one more rounds

EP: 50%

Arena Status: Mist is thickly covering the area – it’s a bit more clear now, though it’s still somewhat difficult to see. Heavy rain is falling, expect plenty of mud, soft earth, and water puddles. Will continue for three more rounds.

Knight of Time
5th July 2006, 03:46 PM
Okay Hydronix, these past few rounds have been a little tricky on you ever since your Confusion move was disabled, but you can't give up here.

If you can make out Shino, use another Water Pulse to try and get him confused again, if not, just be ready to dodge anything you might make out that Shino might aim at you first. Second, if you can see him, show Shino a Secret Power of yours, otherwise, I want you to be ready to dodge or endure anything that might come at you, finally, let's let loose a breeze. Give the Spinarak an Icy Wind if you see him, and if you still can't see him, go back to being ready to dodge or endure anything thrown your way.

Subs: Flail around if Psychic is used again, and use Mirror Coat if Psybeam is used.

Water Pulse (if Hydronix can see Shino)/dodge or endure (if Hydronix can't see Shino) ~ Secret Power (again, if Hydronix can see Shino)/dodge or endure (if Hydronix can't see Shino)/Flail (if Psychic is used)/Mirror Coat (if Psybeam is used) ~ Icy Wind (once again, if Hydronix can see Shino)/dodge or endure (if Hydronix can't see Shino)/Flail (if Psychic is used)/Mirror Coat (if Psybeam is used)

The_Missing_Link
5th July 2006, 06:56 PM
After this round, I call for a limit on sub moves to one move per round (and not for each attack, just one overall). Your overuse of it is really annoying

Shino, I want you to use psychic to locate and attack as a focused blast. Then use sunny day and finally relax

Psychic~Sunny Day~Relax

Saffire Persian
7th July 2006, 06:10 PM
After this round, I call for a limit on sub moves to one move per round (and not for each attack, just one overall). Your overuse of it is really annoying.

Very much seconded. The last round of orders were especially ridiculous.

ROUND FIVE

Stats[u]

HP: 62%
Disabled -- Cannot use Confusion for one more round
Attacks: Water Pulse (if Hydronix can see Shino)/dodge or endure (if Hydronix can't see Shino) ~ Secret Power (again, if Hydronix can see Shino)/dodge or endure (if Hydronix can't see Shino)/Flail (if Psychic is used)/Mirror Coat (if Psybeam is used) ~ Icy Wind (once again, if Hydronix can see Shino)/dodge or endure (if Hydronix can't see Shino)/Flail (if Psychic is used)/Mirror Coat (if Psybeam is used)

EP: 50%
Attacks: Psychic~Sunny Day~Relax

Arena Status: Mist disappearing. Raining heavily.

[u] ~Round 5 Start~

With the mist fading away, it’s becoming noticeably easier to see despite the sheets upon sheets of hard rain falling on the mountain. Shino has very little trouble locating his opponent through the mist, glowing with a light purple aura. It takes only a few moments to locate him, slamming the turtle with a focused blast that knocks the tiny turtle onto his back again.

Hydronix had seen the light purple aura of psychic through the darkened battleground and had started to flail about rather uselessly when he noticed. It did nothing to help protect him at the Psychic blast which struck so fast and effortlessly that there was really nothing to struggle against.

Almost immediately afterwards, the atmosphere suddenly brightens. The rain stops and the clouds disappear. In its place comes the sun, shining brightly down upon the soggy ground below. The light pierces through the mist, and Shino can see Shino clearly (though he’s wincing a bit at the bright sunlight). He inhales and sends forth a beam of white energy that strikes the bug for a good amount of damage, but does little more than that.

Shino finishes the round by taking a deep breath and relaxing. The Squirtle, however, is in another dilemma. What exactly is he supposed to do next. He specifically recalled another Flail being ordered, garbled by more nonsense moves followed by.. Hmm.. Mirror Coat maybe, or did his master want him to do something else? The Squirtle blinks a few times, wondering what Shino is doing just sitting there, staring across the ground at him with unblinking eyes.

…is he planning to use Psychic again?

Lets see. Psychic either equals Flail or Water Gu – wait! Mirror Coat. One of the two.

The Squirtle pauses. Flail. That’s it.

And the Squirtle starts to flop about like a dying fish in the bright sunlight, while the Spinarak laughs a hissy laugh in amusement.

HP: 52%
EP: 54%

HP: 68%
EP: 44%

Arena Status: Mist is pretty much gone. Very bright, hot, and sunny.

Sunny Day 3 more rounds.

The_Missing_Link attacks first, then Knight of Time

The_Missing_Link
9th July 2006, 05:20 PM
Relax, then use double team and sludge bomb

Relax~Double Team~Sludge Bomb

Knight of Time
9th July 2006, 06:12 PM
Hydronix, we need to get back into this, fast.

So the last round was a bit embarrassing, but we can make up for it if we're lucky. Start up another Rain Dance, then give Shino a headache with a Confusion, now that it's no longer disabled. Finish off by giving him a cold reception (and hopefully, an end to his amusement for now) with an Ice Beam.

Rain Dance ~ Confusion ~ Ice Beam

Also, Rebecca, Saffire Persian, sorry about all the substitutions. I just wanted to be ready for almost anything at the toughest point, I've been trying to improve from when I restarted, and hopefully, the final result of this battle won't be as embarrassing as the one from my battle with Silencer months ago, I made a grave mistake there with the arena I chose, and it backfired on me. This arena won't backfire on me.

Saffire Persian
12th July 2006, 11:14 AM
KoT: It’s fine. ^^ Substitutes are all well and good, but when used excessively…eh.. Not so good.

ROUND SIX

Stats[u]

EP: 54%
Attacks: Rain Dance ~ Confusion ~ Ice Beam

HP: 68%
EP: 44%
Attacks: Relax~Double Team~Sludge Bomb

Arena Status: Mist is pretty much gone. Very bright, hot, and sunny.

[u] ~Round 6 Start~

Shino, still amused by Hydronix’s little charade last round resigns himself for relaxing, enjoying very much the bright sunlight streaming down on him; however, the sun does not last. Hydronix, still recovering from a bit of embarrassment, banishes the sun in a few quick gestures. Dark clouds roll forebodingly in, and the sun fades ‘til it’s little more than a dim light. It then begins to rain once more, pelting the ground, causing Shino to hiss in annoyance.

Stretching his spindly legs, Shino surveys his opponent with beady black eyes as he suddenly becomes not one, but four. Each clone created looks exactly like its maker, scuttling about in different directions before each stop and turn about to stare at the tiny turtle, whose face is scrunched up in concentration. They last for only a few moments more before vanishing because of the rain. Meanwhile, Hydroixes eyes are tightly shut – as so many clones is making him confused, and he needs all his concentration for the Psychic-type attack Using his newly regained Psychic powers, the air thrums with psychic energy, flashing with psychedelic specks of light.

Shino squeals in pain as his mind swims about, his thoughts scattered like bowling pins. He tries to rid himself of the mind warping power, gathering up a glob of poison in his mouth and as the Confusion attack recedes, attacks.

Panicking, at the sight of the flying bomb, Hydronix opens his mouth and quickly sends an Ice Beam in one Shino's direction. It bolts past the Sludge Bomb and through its sender. Both attacks hit: the Sludge Bomb splatters against Hydronix's shell, the Ice Beam into Shino's smaller frame. It doesn't freeze him, but it does chill him significantly. The rain doesn't really help much.

HP: 43%
EP: 39%

EP: 36%

Arena Status: Mist gone. Raining heavily once more.

Rain Dance 3 more rounds.

Knight of Time
12th July 2006, 11:25 AM
Wait, the last time I used Rain Dance, Shino's clones entirely vanished, why didn't they vanish in the rain this time?

:confused:

Saffire Persian
12th July 2006, 11:38 AM
Wait, the last time I used Rain Dance, Shino's clones entirely vanished, why didn't they vanish in the rain this time?

Ah, that was on account of a discussion that I had over the move here in the ASB attack tower. I asked if Rain Dance would get rid of clones. I got one opinion for it, which I used at the time, which was to have them vanish. Then another person posted, saying that Rain Dance shouldn't, as it does no damage, really, and I liked that idea. (Granted, you could still tell who was a clone and who wasn't easier because the rain would go through the clones.) So.. to cut thing short, I liked that idea over the other and put it into motion here. Of course, I reffed it my old way here before, so I should at least be consistent for this battle. Thanks for telling me -- the Reffing's changed.

Knight of Time
14th July 2006, 11:05 AM
Okay Hydronix, not bad so far with giving Shino a bit of a chill. Good thing we're slowly decreasing his lead.

Continue to keep the Spinarak at bay by giving him an Icy Wind first, then go for another Confusion. Finish with another cold Ice Beam.

Icy Wind ~ Confusion ~ Ice Beam

The_Missing_Link
14th July 2006, 01:39 PM
Use psychic as a concentrated blast then dig to go underground and dodge. Finally, relax

Psychic~Dig~Relax

The_Missing_Link
24th July 2006, 05:47 PM
--; It's been more than a week. I don't want to find a subref

Saffire Persian
25th July 2006, 11:38 AM
Sorry for the late ref! ^^’ Didn’t mean to overlook you guys!

ROUND SEVEN

Stats[u]

HP: 43%
EP: 39%
Attacks: Icy Wind ~ Confusion ~ Ice Beam

Attacks: Psychic~Dig~Relax

Arena Status: Raining Heavily.

[u] ~Round7 Start~

The round starts off with the tiny turtle Pokémon getting blasted off his feet and onto his red shell by a concentrated psionic blast from the Spinarak. Hydronix wobbles as he rolls over, eying Shino with displeasure, before opening his mouth and sending a chilly blast of artic-temperature wind at the spider Pokémon. The Spinarak braces himself against the blast, shivering as his body starts to feel slightly numb.

Shino’s going is obviously much slower, his eight legs trying to dig a suitable hole in the ground; however, before he can get underground, the air begins to shimmer with a psychic light, scrambling Shino’s brain with the vibrations to a rather nasty effect as his quadruple weakness takes its toll, and he is plunged back into confusion.

The spider does his best to shake it off, disappearing down the hole where he wobbles in an almost drunken fashion as he tries to regain his senses. Hydronix, quite happy with his fortune, lets loose a turquoise blast of ice-type energy. It skims the hole, coating it in a bit of ice, but doesn’t hit Shino, who is relaxing comfortably in his hole trying to clear and calm his spinning mind and thoughts.

HP: 34%
EP: 23%
Status: A bit disappointed that Ice Beam missed, nevertheless, he’s satisfied.

HP: 36%
EP: 30%

Arena Status: . Raining heavily.

Rain Dance 2 more rounds.

Notes: You did not specify that Shino should come up, so he’s still in the hole. If you meant otherwise, I can edit.

Knight of Time
25th July 2006, 11:56 AM
Um, SP, just a small reminder, but since Hydronix is a shiny Squirtle, his shell is green, not red.

The_Missing_Link
25th July 2006, 12:19 PM
No, you did fine. You forgot to take damage from the psychic though

Shino, relax to get your bearings then come up and use night shade. Then use signal beam

Relax~Night Shade~Signal Beam

Knight of Time
25th July 2006, 12:25 PM
Hydronix, I want you to relax as well for your first action.

Then, the moment you see the spider come up, scramble his brains even more with another Confusion. Finish by making him colder with another Icy Wind.

Relax ~ Confusion (when Shino is visible again) ~ Icy Wind

Saffire Persian
25th July 2006, 01:33 PM
ROUND EIGHT

Stats[u]

HP: 34%
Status: A bit disappointed that Ice Beam missed, nevertheless, he’s satisfied.
Attacks: Relax ~ Confusion (when Shino is visible again) ~ Icy Wind

HP: 36%
EP: 30%
Attacks: Relax~Night Shade~Signal Beam

[u] ~Round 8 Start~

Both turtle and spider content themselves doing nothing for an action. Both bide their time, Hydronix above ground, enjoying the rain as it patters against his green shell; Shino in his tunnel, dry and safe from both rain and attacks. He’s still a bit confused, but with each moment that he relaxes, the confusion dissipates and his head and thoughts become clearer and easier to manage. The deep chill throughout his body is also going away, as his hole is dry and warm beneath the soil.

Both refreshed, Hydronix waits for the appearance of the green arachnid, and he comes soon enough as Shino burrows upwards almost directly under the Squirtle. Hydronix can feel the area around him shake as Shino burrows upwards, hitting the Squirtle as he comes out of his hole, scuttling a few-feet away from the turtle. Both Pokémon close their eyes, and two attacks almost simultaneously occur.

The Nightshade hits with a vengeance as the air begins to ripple with the Confusion attack, making the air flash a variety of hues once more. Shino screeches as his mind begins to cloud again, clacking his mandibles unhappily as the Squirtle struggles to regain his composure from the nasty Ghost-Type attack.

The oncoming barrage of Icy Wind does little to stop the Signal Beam that manages to be delivered. The beam hits the Squirtle’s head, and were Shino not numb and still confused, he would’ve snickered knowing revenge has just been justly dealt, for Shino is no longer the only one confused.

Up above, the rain continues to fall.

HP: 17%
EP: 20%

HP: 22%

Rain Dance 1 more round

Notes: Squirtle took a little bit of damage from the Dig; Shino likewise lost a little bit of energy from digging upwards, though the numbers were small.

Knight of Time attacks first.

Knight of Time
27th July 2006, 08:27 AM
Okay Hydronix, looks like either this round or the next round could be the last one for you or Shino, so let's make sure that if you faint on either of the next two rounds, that Shino will faint as well. With the fact that both your health and energy are low, this is going to get serious now.

'knows who he'll send out next for his second Pokemon already'

Do your hardest to shake off your confusion as you blast the Spinarak with a slightly weakened Ice Beam, arcing it if necessary (Rebecca, just for your information, and you too SP, in my battle with RaZoR LeAf, there were times I had a long distance move arced, which despite using a bit more energy I believe did slightly less damage, helped in certain situations). From there, I want you to use another Confusion if possible, finally, if you have enough health and energy to pull off a third move, and Shino is in sight, blast him with a massive Hydro Pump, even if it means using up the remainder of your energy.

Hydronix, despite your slight disadvantage here, you've put up a good fight. When I get my points back to the plus side and get enough to help you evolve into a Wartortle, I'll make sure you evolve when that time does come.

The_Missing_Link
1st August 2006, 05:04 PM
Just because the other person reffed Ice Beam as a possible arcing move doesn't mean Saffire will do the same thing. It seems like a linear move to me anyway

Use psychic to blow Hydronix away and maybe deflect the ice beam if possible. Then use screech to disturb his concentration then agility out of the way of the hydro pump

Psychic~Screech~Hydro Pump

Saffire Persian
8th August 2006, 02:35 PM
KoT: I don’t believe ice beam is really an ‘arching’ movie either. Not naturally, anyway, as it’s more a beam of energy that heads in a rather straight line. Perhaps if it was manipulated to arc by other means (psychic…) then I could see it arcing.

ROUND NINE

Stats[u]

HP: 17%
EP: 20%
Attacks Ice Beam ~ Confusion ~ Hydropump

Attacks: Psychic ~ Screech ~ Agility

[u] ~Round 9 Start~

Hydronix stumbles about in confusion, his head swimming and thinking very misplaced thoughts. He is barely aware of his trainer’s orders, though an Ice Beam begins to form in his mouth. Shino, eying the turtle warily, seems to have recovered from his confusion, and blasts Hydronix with another Psychic, sending Hydronix flying to the left, while the Ice Beam hisses through the air, hitting a tree and freezing its trunk.

Dazed, and quickly feeling his strength ebbing away, is in no shape to conjure up a decent Confusion. He tries, but the air rending screech disturbs his thoughts, making his jumbled mind even more rattled than it actually is… though it does seem to bring Hydronix out of his confusion somewhat.

The Hydropump that flows out of Hydronix’s mouth seconds later is well aimed, despite the turtle’s lagging strength and energy. But as well aimed as it was, Shino still manages to dash out of the way with his newfound speed, and the blast of water misses entirely, while the rain stops.

HP: 8%
EP: 3%

EP: 9%
Status: Tiring, though doesn’t notice it quite yet. SPD ++ (1 more round)

Rain Dance 1 more round

Notes:

The_Missing_Link attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2006, 05:12 PM
Psychic x3, widespread if you have to although I doubt Hydronix will have enough strength to do much

Psychic x3

Knight of Time
8th August 2006, 05:22 PM
Okay, I'm not sure about recalling Hydronix at this point (knowing that his health and energy are too low), so Rebecca, Saffire Persian, what would happen if the person attacking second on a round recalled their Pokemon when it was very weak?

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2006, 05:24 PM
The round would immediately start and end and then we would be on round 11, where you would send out and attack first

Knight of Time
8th August 2006, 05:33 PM
Ah. I think I may recall you attempting to recall a Pokemon in some of your battles before it fainted, is that right, Rebecca?

I'd better recall Hydronix. With the fact that he wasn't the best starting choice in my opinion, I should have started with the Pokemon I'm now going to send out, namely Venus my Blissey. At least Hydronix has some experience to evolve with, once I get my points back on the positive side.

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2006, 05:58 PM
You need to attack first

Knight of Time
8th August 2006, 06:11 PM
And I thought a reffing would have to come first, oh well.

Venus, your opponent is weak to Psychic moves, so first, set up a Safeguard, then, we have to bring Shino down. Crush his windpipe (or whatever it would be) with a Psychic second, in hopes he'll be forced to breathe hard and use up energy, but if he still isn't out, use another Psychic to choke him a second time.

Safeguard ~ Psychic (choke) ~ Psychic (choke)

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2006, 06:14 PM
I have recalled Pokemon prematurely in the past but very rarely

Use up all your energy for one big psychic blowout. Then I'll recall you

Psychic

Saffire Persian
8th August 2006, 11:00 PM
Out of curiosity, is Shino named after the Shino of Naruto?

ROUND ELEVEN
ØOO | OOO

Stats[u]

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/shiny/242.png
Venus the Blissey (Female)
Attacks: Safeguard ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

EP: 9%
Status: Tiring, though doesn’t notice it quite yet. SPD ++ (1 more round)
Attacks: Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

Arena Status: Muddy from the rain.

[u] ~Round 11 Start~

With Hydronix prematurely recalled, Knight of Time sends out his Blissey to take his valiant battler's place. Both Pokémon stare at each other, determined as both Trainers shout out the orders for this round.

Shino already knows that he has very little time left, so, summoning up all his energy, intends to give Venus something to think about before he collapses. He hits her with a powerful Psychic blast that nearly knocks Venus over as she conjures a white, holy veil around her to protect herself from status affects.

She wobbles unsteadily on her feet as she tries to regain her balance from the powerful assault. Her grimace of pain turns into a smirk as she notices her opponent is wobbling on unsteady legs. Hissing at his opponent one last time, Shino collapses onto the ground, blacking out from energy loss.

HP: 89%
EP: 96%
Safeguarded: 3 more rounds.

EP: 0%

Arena Status: . Muddy and wet.

Notes:

The_Missing_Link sends out and attacks first I believe.

Due to Shino using all of his energy in his first attack, Psychic’s power was heightened.

The_Missing_Link
10th August 2006, 09:38 PM
*recalls Shino*

I'll use Nightshade (male Alakazam)

Nightshade, first use safeguard and then put up a light screen. Finally, go with shockwave

Safeguard~Light Screen~Shockwave

Knight of Time
13th August 2006, 07:36 PM
Okay Venus, I think we can get ourselves to a good start here.

Give Nightshade a Gravijaa Slam (basically, grab him and Teleport VERY high while still holding the Alakazam, then Seismic Toss him to the ground FAR below, headfirst or either arm first if possible), then lower yourself back down gently with a Psychic, doing your best to dodge the Shock Wave if it comes your way.

Gravijaa Slam ~ Psychic (to slow her fall to the ground)

Saffire Persian
18th August 2006, 11:44 PM
ROUND TWELVE
ØOO | ØOO

Stats[u]

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/242.png
HP: 89%
EP: 96%
Safeguarded: 3 more rounds.

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/065.png
Nightshade the Alakazam (Male)

[u] ~Round 12 Start~

Shino now fallen and replaced by Link’s male Alakazam, the next round commences. Nightshade quickly erects a holy aura around himself to defend from status attacks, much like his Blissey foe. The scene following is rather comical as the Blissey, with her stubby, and very, very short hands, attempts to clutch the Alakazam to begin the combo known as the Gravijaa Slam.

Closing her eyes, Venus attempts to tighten her very insecure grip around the Alakazam’s waist and manages to Teleport she and him up high into the air. Nightshade doesn’t seem incredibly intimidated by Venus’ unexpected move, and wastes no time conjuring up yet another shield to aid him in battle. The sudden appearance of the shield startles the Blissey, and her hold fumbles, and she only manages a rather lackluster toss (coupled by her arms limitations) that sends the Alakazam on a one way trip to the ground.

Nightshade hits the turf, managing to stand. His twin spoons crackle with electricity, and it isn’t long before he sends several bolts electric energy towards the Venus who is attempting to lower herself slowly to the ground, while trying her best to dodge the electric bolts; however, Shockwave is known for its lethal accuracy, and shows as the bolts “leap” from their place on the ground, crashing into the Blissey’s chest and disturbing her concentration with uncomfortable electric shocks, and she falls the rest of the way to the ground, though not as harmed by the fall as the Alakazam in front of her.

HP: 79%
EP: 87%
Safeguarded:2 more rounds.

Light Screen: 3 more rounds
Safeguard: 4 more rounds

Notes:

First off, I don’t think Blissey’s “hands” are quite adequate enough to perform moves like Seismic Toss that have a need for a good range of motion – as they're stubby, short, and look like their quite limited in their reach and motions. O.o’ So I don’t think she would be quite as skilled performing the move as other Pokémon, so that affected how the move was used, and how the damage was calculated.

Knight of Time Attacks first

Knight of Time
23rd August 2006, 09:45 PM
Okay Venus, that didn't go too well, but at least we may have created ourselves a "sensitive" area on your opponent.

First off, try and launch a blinding Flash at him, then, whether or not he closes his eyes, aim a Secret Power aimed for the eyes if possible. Finally, blast his sensitive area with a Shadow Ball.

If he uses Psychic, do your best to Struggle against it to try and make him lose his telekinetic hold on you.

Flash/Struggle ~ Secret Power (aimed for the eyes if possible, whether or not Nightshade closed them against the Flash)/Struggle ~ Shadow Ball/Struggle

The_Missing_Link
24th August 2006, 09:10 PM
Close your eyes and use shockwave. Then teleport behind her as she uses secret power and use focus punch

Shockwave~Teleport~Focus Punch

Saffire Persian
28th August 2006, 03:55 PM
ROUND THIRTEEN
ØOO | ØOO

Stats[u]

Safeguarded:2 more rounds.
Attacks: Flash/Struggle ~ Secret Power (aimed for the eyes if possible, whether or not Nightshade closed them against the Flash)/Struggle ~ Shadow Ball/Struggle

Light Screen: 3 more rounds
Safeguard: 4 more rounds
Attacks: Shockwave ~ Teleport ~ Focus Punch

[u] ~Round 13 Start~

Closing his eyes against the imminent flash, the Alakazam gathers up the electric energy stored somewhere within his body, releasing it just as Venus’ Flash goes off. The heat-seeking tendrils of electricity find their target with ease, barreling into the Blissey’s body and giving her a nice shock while the Alakazam’s eyes remained unharmed.

Rather annoyed at her failure, Venus opens her mouth, a beam tinged with purple gathering energy there. She launches it mere seconds later, only to have the Alakazam Teleport away and out of sight.

Looking around in confusion, Venus tries to locate the Alakazam, eyes darting around nervously. She doesn’t notice the air shimmer behind her as Nightshade reappears, and only to late does she notice the Alakazam’s incoming fist, brimming with focused energy.

The punch slams into the Blissey with unparallel force, and the move has no trouble sending her head over heels into through the muddy ground, where she’s too disoriented to respond with an attack – no, she’s too busy seeing stars for that at the moment. Though the dizziness will go away soon.

HP: 58%
EP: 80%
Safeguarded: 1 more round

Light Screen: 2 more rounds
Safeguard: 3 more rounds

Notes:

The Missing LInk Attacks first

The_Missing_Link
28th August 2006, 08:06 PM
I want you to relax and then take it easy with a widespread confusion and then future sight

Relax~Confusion~Future Sight

Knight of Time
29th August 2006, 09:53 AM
Okay Venus, we have to get back into this, fast.

Give Nightshade a triple assault of Shadow Balls as best you can. Aim them for any sensitive areas on his body if you can.

Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Saffire Persian
5th September 2006, 09:08 PM
ROUND FOURTEEN
ØOO | ØOO

Stats[u]

HP: 58%
EP: 80%
Safeguarded: 1 more round
Attacks: Shadowball ~ Shadowball ~ Shadowball

Light Screen: 2 more rounds
Safeguard: 3 more rounds
Attacks:Relax ~ Confusion ~ Future Sight

[u] ~Round 14 Start~

With the Focus Punch having tired out the Alakazam to some extent, he has no problem with relaxing, allowing both his body and mind to recover from the strain of last round. Venus. However, has no such plan in mind. She smirks as her opponent relaxes, even though her head is swimming. Wobbling a bit, she summons up an orb of dark, purple energy. It takes only a few seconds for it to fully form, and with a wave of her stubby hands, she sends the Shadow Ball at the resting Alakazam. Nightshade takes the brunt of the attack, gasping in pain.

He recovers enough to close his eyes, allowing the air to ripple with psychic waves – sparkling with rainbow light. The waves wreck havoc on Venus’ mind, but she still manages to keep a clear head thanks to her Safeguard and sends another Shadow Ball Nightshade’s way as her disorientation subsides. The sphere once again hits the fox-like Pokémon in the chest, sending him staggering back, chest constricting painfully from the ghost-type energy.

Grunting, his eyes begin to glow a light blue. Images – undeterminable to most – flash before his eyes, visions of the future. But just as soon as they came, they’re gone. The trees rustle as an odd wind rushes through them, and even Venus can fill the uneasiness in the air – of a move waiting to be unleashed. Feeling a little disturbed, the Bl6+6ssey once again acts last, following up with her usual move with this round, it hitting with great accuracy.

HP: 53%
Safeguarded: Gone

HP: 64%
EP: 64%
Light Screen: 1 more rounds
Safeguard: 2 more rounds

Notes:

Knight of Time attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
7th October 2006, 10:02 PM
If Kyle doesn't post by Monday, I'm DQing him. He posted his absence note more than a month ago and he hasn't posted since. College is tough but I'm in my second year and I've found enough time to come here every day so I'm not waiting around forever

Knight of Time
10th October 2006, 02:35 PM
If Kyle doesn't post by Monday, I'm DQing him. He posted his absence note more than a month ago and he hasn't posted since. College is tough but I'm in my second year and I've found enough time to come here every day so I'm not waiting around forever

Rebecca, when you can, could you view my new post in the Abesnce Tower please? It will explain everything to you and Saffire Persian.

I'm not ready to post right now, though, I wish I had some time to recover, please. I'll edit my post (or make a new one, if necessary) when I'm ready to post my next moves.

Edit: Okay, I guess I'm ready to post my moves.

Venus, you did good in decreasing Nightshade's lead last round, so let's try and keep this going.

First off, aim another quick Shadow Ball at his chest, since it seems to be one of his more sensitive spots right now, then, smash the ground good with an Earthquake. Even with its risks, if we get Nightshade to fall on his chest it may bring some good results our way. Finally, let loose another fast [b]Shadow Ball at his chest!

Shadow Ball (aim at the chest) ~ Earthquake ~ Shadow Ball (again, aim at the chest)

Knight of Time
17th October 2006, 06:50 PM
I hate to double post, but Rebecca, you planning to post your moves?

The DQ time has passed (I know this isn't like you to forget about the DQ yourself), but I don't want to have to DQ you (or see you be DQed by Saffire Persian). After all, I think you knew I can't stand opponents being DQed in my battles, right?

I'll be waiting, whenever you're ready.

The_Missing_Link
17th October 2006, 07:19 PM
I hate to double post, but Rebecca, you planning to post your moves?

The DQ time has passed (I know this isn't like you to forget about the DQ yourself), but I don't want to have to DQ you (or see you be DQed by Saffire Persian). After all, I think you knew I can't stand opponents being DQed in my battles, right?

I'll be waiting, whenever you're ready.

I think you should know by now that when you edit a post, people won't see it until they're told the post was edited --;

The_Missing_Link
17th October 2006, 10:48 PM
Nightshade, use a double team and then use psychic to lift her up and slam her into the ground. Finally, go for a dynamicpunch

Double Team~Psychic~Dynamicpunch

Saffire Persian
19th October 2006, 01:39 AM
ROUND FIFTEEN
ØOO | ØOO

Stats[u]

HP: 53%
Attacks:: Shadowball ~ Earthquake ~ Shadowball

HP: 64%
EP: 64%
Light Screen: 1 more rounds
Safeguard: 2 more rounds
Attacks: Double Team ~ Psychic ~ Dynamic Punch

[u] ~Round 15 Start~

Acting quickly, Nightshade blurs for a few moments, conjuring up roughly five identical clones while Venus launches another Ghost-type assault. Confused at the number of Alakazam opponents littering the field, she chooses a target at random, sending the Shadowball in its direction. It hits this Alakazam right on target, however upon contact with the ghost energy, it immediately vanishes into nothing.

This gives Nightshade more than enough time to pursue with his attack. Concentrating, the psychic-type soon hones his Psychic energy enough to lift Venus off the ground. The Blissey is unsurprisingly startled as she’s lifted upwards, before being slammed down unmercifully into the ground floor. However, an opposing ripple of ground-type force soon puts a damper on Nightshade’s successful attack, destroying his clones at the ground’s erratic, shaking movements as the land is torn by tectonic vibrations.

Neigther wanting to get in, both attack nearly simultaneously. Nightshade reacts a little faster, his skinny fist glowing with concentrated chi energy. But the fist attack never lands as a Shadowball to the chest throws the Alakazam backwards onto the rocky turf, making the Dynamic Punch miss entirely. Nightshade’s shield runs out as well.

HP: 44%
EP: 42%

HP: 46%
EP: 47%
Light Screen: Gone
Safeguard:1 more rounds

Arena Status: . Muddy, ground torn up a bit from the Earthquake.

Notes:

The Missing Link attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
22nd October 2006, 03:28 PM
Put up a reflect then use shockwave and tri attack

Reflect~Shockwave~Tri Attack

Knight of Time
22nd October 2006, 05:40 PM
Venus, use your first action to put up a new Safeguard, then once you see him put up his Reflect barrier, Teleport behind him quickly. Finally, blast him in the head from behind with a painful Shadow Ball, and let's see if that can give him a real headache.

Safeguard ~ Teleport (behind Nightshade) ~ Shadow Ball (to the back of his head)

Saffire Persian
6th December 2006, 03:24 PM
ROUND SIXTEEN
ØOO | ØOO

Stats

HP: 44%
EP: 42%
Safeguard | Teleport | Shadowball

HP: 46%
EP: 47%
Light Screen: Gone
Safeguard:1 more rounds
Reflect | Shockwave | Tri-Attack

~Round 16 Start~

Both Alakazam and Blissey take time to conjure up helpful buffers to protect against incoming attacks. For Venus, it's a pure white shield that resembles a veil, covering her in a white protective aura against ill-wanted status effects; for Nightshade, it's a translucent rectangular shield, hardy against physical blows.

But, the buffers are soon set up and over, and both move to the offensive. Venus' form wavers, shimmering away and out of existance. Nightshade, unsure of the whereabouts of his opponent, allows static energy to form around his silver spoons, sending multiple threads of electric energy to disperse across the ground. And just in time, it seems, as Blissey phases behind Nightshade, and back into existence. The heat-seeking bolts curve about, and lunge like hungry wolves towards the normal-type, striking her with keen, electrical fury.

Surprised, Blissey cries out, and Nightshade spins around. Immediately, his hands move, and a vortex of tri-colored energy form. Venus has to quickly think on her feet, launching a medium-sized Shadowball at Nightshade's head. It hits, (though passing through the barrier helps lessen its power) making the Alakazam's head snap back, but it does not stop the Tri-attack from barreling into Venus' elastic hide, though her safeguard protects her from any shady after-effects.

After that severe case of near-whiplash, Nightshade takes a few moments to stumble back onto his two feet, composing himself while trying to ignore the irritating kink in his neck. His Safeguard also fades away, though the Reflect still stands firm.

Post-Stats

HP: 30%
EP: 28%

HP: 41%
EP: 33%
Reflect: 3 more rounds

Arena Status: . Muddy, ground torn up a bit from the Earthquake.

Notes:

KoT attacks first.

.. And yes, I know.. It's late. XD I suck.. yes yes... my apologies.

Knight of Time
9th December 2006, 07:58 AM
Um, Saffire Persian, before I post, one question.

When Nightshade turned around to face Venus after she Teleported behind him and his Reflect barrier, shouldn't he have turned his back to the barrier? I mean, they are immobile, but I can sort of see them also being used like a cushion in this case (the use of Shadow Ball).

Saffire Persian
9th December 2006, 01:28 PM
When Nightshade turned around to face Venus after she Teleported behind him and his Reflect barrier, shouldn't he have turned his back to the barrier? I mean, they are immobile, but I can sort of see them also being used like a cushion in this case (the use of Shadow Ball).

Eh, I ref that the Reflect or Lightscreen kind of 'follows' them around, if you will, and protect them from attacks. So it swiveled to the front of Nightshade, and helped buffer the Shadowball just a bit. I really don't see why it matters, but....

Knight of Time
10th December 2006, 10:10 AM
Meh, it doesn't matter too much anyway.

Venus, one of the next couple of rounds could be your final one, so we have to fight extra hard next round.

Let's make Nightshade's neck pain worse. Aim another Shadow Ball at the spot irritating him, then up the pain with a Thunderbolt for a change. Finish with another Shadow Ball.

In the event of Double Team clones, Shock Wave them out of existance.

Shadow Ball (aimed for the kink in Nightshade's neck)/Shock Wave (for Double Team) ~ Thunderbolt/Shock Wave (for Double Team) ~ Shadow Ball/Shock Wave (for Double Team)

Rebecca, earlier in the battle when you wanted for only one sub per round, I just hope I didn't mess up here with my only subsitution for any of the three moves commanded here.

'sometimes messes up in battles when he didn't mean to'

The_Missing_Link
17th December 2006, 01:43 PM
No, that looks good

Nightshade, as soon as she sends off that shadowball, teleport behind her and use dynamicpunch. Then use confusion to deflect the other shadowball

Teleport~Dynamicpunch~Confusion

Saffire Persian
25th December 2006, 10:53 PM
ROUND SEVENTEEN
ØOO | ØOO

Stats

HP: 30%
EP: 28%
Shadowball/Shockwave | Thunderbolt/Shockwave | Shadowball/Shockwave

EP: 33%
Reflect: 3 more rounds
Teleport | Dynamic Punch | Confusion

~Round 17 Start~

With no hint of clones in sight, Venus begins to gather a orb of ghost-type energy between her hands. It grows quickly as the seconds pass, and with a loud yell, the Blissey throws it super-saiyan style towards Nightshade. Immediately, the Alakazam vanishes into thin air, leaving the Shadowball to collide with with the scenery's vegetation in an explosion of ghostly light.

Grimacing in confusion, Venus begins to charge up electricity as she waits for Nightshade to reappear. Nightshade does, his fist charged with concentrated chi. Venus doesn't notice the humanoid fox behind her until it's too late, however. The fist collides with the Blissey's face, bowling over the pink Pokémon, and making her see stars quite literally. With no Safeguard to protect her from status effects, the confusion takes a heavy toll on the Blissey's mind -- still reeling from the very much dynamic punch. In her confusion, the bolt of electricity spills out into tiny, harmless tendrils of static energy as Venus insists on picking herself up and wobbling about like a drunken thing.

Venus' confused state is only worsened as Nightshade inflicts a Psychic assault upon the normal-type's mind. Already confused, the mind explodes into a million puzzle pieces that futily try to piece themselves together into a coherent thought. Unfortunately for Venus, though, her thoughts are much to scattered to piece together, and the Shadowball her trainer ordered turns more into a Shadow Pebble as she trips over a tree root and faceplants into the wet, soggy ground. Nightshade smiles smugly at the sight, but unlike his opponent, remains fully alert.

Post-Stats

HP: 11%
EP: 16%

EP: 19%
Reflect: 2 more rounds

Arena Status: Muddy, ground torn up a bit from the Earthquake.

Notes:

TML attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
26th December 2006, 01:05 AM
Good job, Nightshade. Now, use shockwave, relax and then another shockwave. That should do it

Shockwave~Relax~Shockwave

Knight of Time
26th December 2006, 04:43 PM
Okay, I may be headed for an unavoidable loss here, but that won't stop me from making my final Pokemon be one that needs experience to evolve, as even in a loss, experience is experience.

Venus, we have to face facts that you won't be able to knock out Nightshade before he does the same to you, but at least we can try and give him some major damage before you fall. Use a Hyper Beam on him, but don't fire it in beam form. Instead, wait for it to expand enough to the point where it will explode, and make sure Nightshade is also caught in the blast.

Even though this move may be "suicidal", it's kinda a last resort, even if it is a bit cheap, which I apologize in advance to both of you if it would be considered cheap.

Hyper Beam (in explosion form, not beam form)

Saffire Persian
28th December 2006, 06:40 PM
ROUND NINETEEN
ØØO | ØOO

Stats

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/155.png
Blazer the Cyndaquil (Male)
Fire Spin - Double Team - Flamethrower

HP: 24%
EP: 22%
Reflect: 1 more rounds
Psychic (Throw) - Shockwave - Metronome

~Round 19 Start~

With Venus finally out of the picture, Nightshade snorts in relief, as KOT recalls his fallen battler, and sends out a young, chipper Cyndaquil in her place. The young hedgehog looks around excitedly, a little on the nervous side, but more than prepared to give it his all.

At KOT's command, the Cyndaquil scuttles a few feet forward, towards the menacing Vulpine fox. No sooner do flames begin to rise and swirl up his throat and out of his mouth, does he suddenly find that he's being lifted psychically off the ground. Startled, Blazer squeals, shooting out bits of flame in surprise as he is tossed across the terrain, Fire Spin expelled harmlessly onto a patch of dirt.

Hurt, Blazer rises to his paws, his back blazing with fire as he shakes the bits of dirt and debris off his back. Still energetic and nimble as he was before, Blazer kicks back into action with a burst of speed. As he runs, his body begins to waver and split, until he finally duplicates himself into three additional beings, though only one has any substance. Nightshade, having seen this all before, snorts in derision, letting the Shockwave play across his spoons for a few moments -- to give Blazer a small taste of success - before sending the bolts scattering across the ground in many directions.

The Shockwave tears through the clones, and shocks the running Blazer as he skids to a halt. The fire-mouse grimaces in dismay, trying to shake the sparks off his body and figure out why his clones aren't around anymore.

Yelling aloud his kind's battle cry, Blazer sends a torrent of flames out of his mouth as he runs into firing range. The attack takes a few moments to reach the Alakazam, spoons moving back and forth in a very rhythmic motions, but still scorches him nonetheless. But Blazer's victory is sort lived, as he becomes suddenly -- painfully -- aware that the ground is quacking, and he is suddenly beset upon by rocks jolting up from the earth at a rapid pace, leaving the Cyndaquil rattled as the Ancient Power disappears back deep within the earth from whence it came.

Post-Stats

HP: 15%
EP: 8%
Reflect: Gone

Arena Status: Muddy, ground torn up a bit from the Earthquake. Some foliage a bit charred from the explosion

Notes:

~ TML attacks first.

Knight of Time
28th December 2006, 06:58 PM
Okay, well, that plan did work, so return, Venus.

Okay, time for me to send out a Pokemon whose evolution is long overdue after this battle is over. My last choice will be Blazer, my male Cyndaquil.

Blazer, let's immediately start with giving the Alakazam some trouble. Use a Fire Spin on him, but make it tight enough so that it can hit him multiple times if successful, then use a Double Team, finish with a Flamethrower.

If the Alakazam tries any move that can deal a status condition instantly if successful (e.g. Thunder Wave, Toxic), run out of the range of the move as best you can. One status condition could spell a surefire loss in the very end.

Fire Spin (made to be tight so that it can hit Nightshade multiple times if successful) ~ Double Team ~ Flamethrower

Rebecca, if we battle again, could we possibly be allowed to use type advantages on both sides, please? Besides, if you don't mind a double/triple battle someday, it may be a "forced" possibility.

The_Missing_Link
16th January 2007, 12:57 PM
I personally think no type advantages allow the trainers to get more creative but I'm not against the idea

Nightshade, psychic to lift him up and throw him into the side of the mountain. Then shockwave and metronome

Psychic~Shockwave~Metronome

Saffire Persian
20th January 2007, 09:57 PM
ROUND NINETEEN
ØØO | ØOO

Stats

Fire Spin - Double Team - Flamethrower

HP: 24%
EP: 22%
Reflect: 1 more rounds
Psychic (Throw) - Shockwave - Metronome

~Round 19 Start~

With Venus finally out of the picture, Nightshade snorts in relief, as KOT recalls his fallen battler, and sends out a young, chipper Cyndaquil in her place. The young hedgehog looks around excitedly, a little on the nervous side, but more than prepared to give it his all.

At KOT's command, the Cyndaquil scuttles a few feet forward, towards the menacing Vulpine fox. No sooner do flames begin to rise and swirl up his throat and out of his mouth, does he suddenly find that he's being lifted psychically off the ground. Startled, Blazer squeals, shooting out bits of flame in surprise as he is tossed across the terrain, Fire Spin expelled harmlessly onto a patch of dirt.

Hurt, Blazer rises to his paws, his back blazing with fire as he shakes the bits of dirt and debris off his back. Still energetic and nimble as he was before, Blazer kicks back into action with a burst of speed. As he runs, his body begins to waver and split, until he finally duplicates himself into three additional beings, though only one has any substance. Nightshade, having seen this all before, snorts in derision, letting the Shockwave play across his spoons for a few moments -- to give Blazer a small taste of success - before sending the bolts scattering across the ground in many directions.

The Shockwave tears through the clones, and shocks the running Blazer as he skids to a halt. The fire-mouse grimaces in dismay, trying to shake the sparks off his body and figure out why his clones aren't around anymore.

Yelling aloud his kind's battle cry, Blazer sends a torrent of flames out of his mouth as he runs into firing range. The attack takes a few moments to reach the Alakazam, spoons moving back and forth in a very rhythmic motions, but still scorches him nonetheless. But Blazer's victory is sort lived, as he becomes suddenly -- painfully -- aware that the ground is quacking, and he is suddenly beset upon by rocks jolting up from the earth at a rapid pace, leaving the Cyndaquil rattled as the Ancient Power disappears back deep within the earth from whence it came.

Post-Stats

Reflect: Gone

Arena Status: Muddy, ground torn up a bit from the Earthquake. Some foliage a bit charred from the explosion

Notes:

~ TML attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
21st January 2007, 12:04 AM
Shockwave him until you fall. You did a good job

Knight of Time
24th January 2007, 04:01 PM
Blazer, if Nightshade wants to knock himself out, we have to defend well from the electricity he's throwing.

Try and endure (note: not the actual move; that would force me to capitalize the first e) the electricity as best as you can for the whole round, throwing it off if possible.

endure ~ endure ~ endure

Saffire Persian
29th January 2007, 04:29 PM
ROUND TWENTY
ØØO | ØOO

Stats

Endure - Endure - Endure

Shockwave - Shockwave - Shockwave

~Round 20 Start~

Knowing he has little energy remaining, Nightshade attempts to make the best of it. Taking a deep breath, he channels the static electricity up his arms and into his two silver spoons, concentrating the bolts of unavoidable electric there, before releasing them to speed across the ground.

Cyndaquil, meanwhile, has hunched over in a ball, hoping to better defend himself from the attacks, but his curled up position does little to lesson the special damage, the electricity surging through his body like they would through wire. Squirming uncomfortably, Blazer is forced to take another Shockwave, making his whole body shudder from the after-effects until the electricity finally disappears into the soil. Then, Blazer's keen ears pick up a thud, and he peeks his head out of his self-contained ball, noticing that Nightshade has finally fainted, much to his relief.

Post-Stats

HP: 70%

Notes:

~ TML sends out, KOT attacks, TML attacks.

The_Missing_Link
3rd February 2007, 03:49 AM
I'll use Ares, my male Haunter

Knight of Time
5th February 2007, 01:59 PM
Great, another Ghost Pokemon. Only in one battle have I been successful in knocking out one of these type of Pokemon, but I'll still do my best.

Blazer, immediately use a Foresight on Ares to lock him into this world, then give him a Flamethrower. Finally, end with a scorching Fire Blast.

If at anytime Ares uses Psychic, Mimic it.

Foresight ~ Flamethrower/Mimic ~ Fire Blast/Mimic

The_Missing_Link
6th February 2007, 12:08 AM
Put him to sleep with a hypnosis then use toxic and shadow punch

Hypnosis~Toxic~Shadow Punch

Saffire Persian
6th February 2007, 01:49 AM
ROUND TWENTY-ONE
ØØO | ØØO

Stats

Foresight ~ Flamethrower/Mimic ~ Fire Blast/Mimic

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/093.png
Ares the Haunter (Male)
Hypnosis~Toxic~Shadow Punch

~Round 21 Start~

With Nightshade finally out and down for the count, The_Missing_Link sends out another pokémon to take the Psychic's place. This time, it's a ghost-type -- a very confident, grinning Haunter, to be exact. The ghost snickers at his tiny opponent, eyes gleaming excitedly as the twenty-first round begins anew.

The agile hedgehog darts forward a few paces first, eyes glowing with a red aura as he sweeps a translucent red beam around the area. Ares shivers, feeling the Foresight go through him and render his firm entirely and completely corporeal, and vulnerable to more attacks.

Blazer's red eyes flicker back to their normal glow, while Ares' begin to pulse with a light purple hue. Blazer finds himself unwillingly drawn in to the hypnotic gaze, finding it suddenly harder to move coordinately, and barely able to concentrate as he suddenly wants nothing more than to sleep... which he does, three seconds later.

Ares, knowing he has bought himself some time, opens his mouth wide, spitting a clout of purple poison at the Cyndaquil, watching gleefully as the Toxic soaks through his skin, causing Blazer to shudder and turn in his sleep.

Seeing his opponent is still sleeping, Ares grin widens in a Cheshire fashion, as his unattached fist jets forward through the air, smacking the sleeping fire-type in the chin, sending him nose over tail as his eyes flutter open drowsily in surprise and shock, before spewing flame out of his mouth as his mind races to grasp what's going on and attacks. The fire takes shape of a huge kanji symbol, rushing forward and hitting the Haunter, who has no time to react, still surprised over his foe's sudden wakening. The Fire Blast leaves the Haunter still relatively chipper, though his purple body bears a few ashy singe marks.

Post-Stats

HP: 61%
EP: 72%

Ares the Haunter (Male)
HP: 88%
EP: 89%
Status: Charred but still in a good mood. Body fully in the corporeal realm.

Notes:

~ TML attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
9th February 2007, 12:42 PM
Send off a rain dance then use confuse ray and sludge bomb

Rain Dance~Confuse Ray~Sludge Bomb

If he tries to go underground, use lick to grab him and squeeze tightly

Knight of Time
9th February 2007, 02:18 PM
Blazer, don't let the rain stay long, use a Sunny Day to end it ASAP, then close your eyes against the Confuse Ray while making sure he's in front of you to hopefully take another Fire Blast, finally, dodge that Sludge Bomb as fast as your legs can carry you, while fighting back with another, more carefully aimed Fire Blast.

Sunny Day ~ Close eyes while using Fire Blast ~ Dodge Sludge Bomb while using another Fire Blast

Rebecca, just a friendly reminder for you, but you might want to check your PMs if you haven't already.

The_Missing_Link
10th February 2007, 02:31 AM
I saw the message. No one else has asked me for it aside from you so I chose not to reply

Saffire Persian
11th February 2007, 02:23 PM
ROUND TWENTY-TWO
ØØO | ØØO

Stats

HP: 61%
EP: 72%
Sunny Day ~ Fire Blast ~ Fire Blast

Ares the Haunter (Male)
HP: 88%
EP: 89%
Status: Charred but still in a good mood. Body fully in the corporeal realm.
Rain Dance~Confuse Ray~Sludge Bomb

~Round 22 Start~

Still confident from last round's results, Ares uses his ghostly hands to beckon to the sky, pulling in a mass of dark storm clouds that block out the sun's light. From them, rain begins to fall, starting out as nothing but mere pinpricks of rain gathering intensity and volume by the second. However, the Rain Dance was not to be, as Blazer gladly interrupts it with a weather dance of his own. This time, the sun finally breaks through the dark clouds with a vengeance, bathing the combatants' fighting arena in harsh sunlight.

Blazer, however, seems quite happy with his work, and even happier to be in the scorching sun. He turns to where Ares is hovering, closing his eyes just as the Haunter sends out a brilliant flash that Blazer is able to detect as it strobes across his eyelids, though there are no ill effects so far. Taking a deep breath, he releases a Fire Blast at his ghost-type opponent, praying that it will hit. And from the screech of pain, it did.

Opening his eyes, he finds Ares screeching as he tries to put the empowered flames out of his ghostly form, glaring at the Cyndaquil as he launches a Sludge Bomb from his gaping, ghostly maw.

Squeaking, Blazer moves to evade the ball of sludge, managing to get away from most of it as the orb splatters upon the ground -- the acid from it getting him somewhat, but still manages to evade from pretty much all of it. As he runs, he turns around as shoots off another Fire Blast towards the Haunter as best he can, but such a fixed direction move while being launched while moving often proves to be more difficult than need be. And though the Fire Blast pursues a straight course, Ares manages to evade the fire kanji unharmed. Blazer grimaces, before groaning as he feel the sharp pang of poison becoming steadily stronger by the round.

Post-Stats

HP: 55%
EP: 46%

Ares the Haunter (Male)
EP: 76%

Arena Status: Completely bright and sunny.

Notes:

~ KOT attacks first.

Knight of Time
15th February 2007, 02:43 PM
Okay, I think it's safe to say, this battle will not end in my favour, but it's going to be only my second loss here.

Blazer, despite the dilemma you're in, let's give it our best shot.

Aim a Flamethrower at Ares, if you can, try and hit him in a burnt area.

Second, I want you to give that ghost some physical payback for what he did earlier, give him a Facade for poisoning you earlier. With the fact he's solid for the rest of the battle, you don't have to worry about going through him.

Finally, give him another Flamethrower.

Sub: If the Haunter uses any move that requires eye contact to work (e.g. Hypnosis or Confuse Ray), close your eyes immediately while you're doing your action (or if it happens to be your second action, let the move subside first).

Flamethrower (closing eyes if necessary) ~ Facade (closing eyes if necessary, before using the move) ~ Flamethrower (again, closing eyes if necessary)

The_Missing_Link
18th February 2007, 03:06 PM
Double team then two psychics, both picking him up and slamming him into the mountain side

Double Team~Psychic x2

Saffire Persian
1st March 2007, 02:06 PM
ROUND TWENTY-THREE
ØØO | ØØO

Stats

HP: 55%
EP: 46%
Flamethrower ~ Facade ~ Flamethrower

Ares the Haunter (Male)
EP: 76%
Double Team ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

~Round 23 Start~

With toxic still coursing through his veins, Blazer can't help but feel a bit nauseous as he summons up a burst of flame from the fire pouch within his body. Ares, his body a little bit black from ash and smoke, grimaces, before dashing about quickly, creating three clones of himself, all leering and taunting their mouse opponent.

Confused, Blazer has no idea which Ares is the real one. So he chooses one at random, takes aim, and fires. The stream of flame hits one of the ghosts, causing it to vanish, while the remaining two and the real Ares cackle in dark amusement.

Frustrated, the Cyndaquil moves to the physical offensive, dashing towards the ghost he believes is real, but before he can reach him, a strange, purple aura takes hold of him, lifting him up mid-run, and flinging him into the mountain slope.

Frustration turning into anger, he shoots off another angry ribbon of red flame, but once more, he's picked up by the Psychic aura and thrown back to where he came from, letting the flamethrower take its own course as he chocks down the remaining flames. The Flamethrowr does seem to find a real one, judging from the cry of pain, but due to its ill-aimed nature, it seems to have only scathed the real Ares, not inflicting enough damage or loss of concentration for the clones to vanish.

Post-Stats

HP: 31%

Ares the Haunter (Male)
EP: 58%

Arena Status: Completely bright and sunny.

Notes:

~ TML attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
1st March 2007, 07:21 PM
Sludge bomb, psywave then relax. Psychic if he tries to go underground

Sludge Bomb~Psywave~Relax

Knight of Time
3rd March 2007, 08:09 PM
Blazer, there isn't much left that you can do at this point, so I want you to go all out on the offensive. I want you to go with a Swift to leave Ares clone-less, followed by a couple of Fire Blasts.

I'll make sure I avenge your forthcoming defeat, after Hydronix becomes a Blastoise (Rebecca, Saffire Persian, incase either of you noticed, Hydronix evolved into a Wartortle after I recalled him earlier in this battle, and he gained some experience in another battle of mine, one against Silencer, so he's ready to evolve again), the time will eventually come for you, Blazer, to become a Quilava.

Swift ~ Fire Blast ~ Fire Blast

Saffire Persian
6th March 2007, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=Saffire Persian;314601]
ROUND TWENTY-FOUR
ØØO | ØØO

Stats

Swift ~ Fire Blast ~ Fire Blast

Ares the Haunter (Male)
EP: 58%
Sludge Bomb ~ Psywave ~ Relax

~Round 24 Start~

A barrage of five-pointed stars make quick work of Ares' two clones, as well as making a mark of Ares' forcibly corporal form as well. But he bears the brunt of the physical assault, grinning as he lobs a perfectly round ball of sludge at the mouse Pokémon not far away from him, chuckling as it explodes all over the already poisoned Cyndaquil, coating him in a good coat of gloop.

Still, the gloop stuck all over his fire-retardent coat, doesn't stop Blazer from breathing in and releasing a stream of hot flames that form into a large, formidable kanji that cuts across the turf, burning a lot of the grass to ash in its wake. Ares, too busy concentrating on the Psywave, is unable to dodge the powerful blow, grimacing as his body burns from the searing heat. Still, Ares manages to ignore the new burns across his foot-less body, using his inherent psychic abilities to send wave after wave of Psychic energy that prove to be very effective in damaging the fire-mouse.

Head swimming from the psychedelic waves of psychic light that he could feel more than see he readies another Fire Blast, sending an identical attack to plow through the mountainous terrain, easily striking the resting Ares, who can do nothing to retaliate, mentally cursing the hot sun as he sits and waits as he suffers from burns, while the Blazer does likewise from poison.

Post-Stats

HP: 6%
EP: 12%
Status: Poisoned (8% this round, 10% next). Physically and Mentally exhausted. Drained.

Ares the Haunter (Male)
EP: 53%

Arena Status: Extremely bright and sunny. (2 more rounds)

Notes:

~ KOT attacks first.

Knight of Time
6th March 2007, 06:04 PM
Okay Blazer, no matter what, you're going to be out this round, so there really isn't anything you can do more at this point. But, we still cannot let this battle end without one final surprise for your opponent. Give him the most powerful Blast Burn you can conjure, using your remaining energy in the process.

'shrug' I guess sometimes you have to lose a battle if you want to give experience to a Pokemon who may not fare as well in battle as others.

The_Missing_Link
10th March 2007, 01:56 PM
Double team then double psychic

Double Team~Psychic x2

Saffire Persian
10th March 2007, 10:52 PM
ROUND TWENTY-FIVE
ØØO | ØØO

Stats

EP: 12%
Status: Poisoned (8% this round, 10% next). Physically and Mentally exhausted. Drained.
Blast Burn

Ares the Haunter (Male)
EP: 53%
Double Team ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

~Round 25 Start~

Knowing full well how the match is likely going to end, Blazer the Cyndaquil nevertheless puts up a brave front, wobbling on his paws as he stands, knowing he has just enough energy stored to pull off one last, powerful attack. Inhaling in air, he exhales, fire surging out of his throat, growing hotter and hotter by the second as it forms a gigantic, molten fireball. Ares grimaces, already feeling the heat from his place a few feet away. Hearing his trainer's orders, his body phases and wavers until three identical copies of himself are born, flying in different directions as the raging heat of Blast Burn continues, until the fiery orb is perhaps 5 - 10 times the size of the tiny Cyndaquil.

Fearing moving would cause his attack to go off kilter, Blazer aims his attack at the Haunter closest to him, sending the massive fireball hurtling through the terrain, grass and dry brush sparking with fire. The Blast Burn finally hits, followed by a Shriek as the real Ares catches flame, his clones disappearing upon full contact.

The Blast Burn leaves Ares charred and blackened to the point that his coat seems more black than purple, and he coughs soot out of his mouth, while his burns singe painfully. Still, he's alive, and he's about to give Blazer what for, when he notices the limp form of the Cyndaquil, spread-eagled on the ground on which he had been standing a second ago--fainted, from pure exhaustion.

Post-Stats

Ares the Haunter (Male)
HP: 10%
EP: 49%

Arena Status: Extremely bright and sunny. (2 more rounds)

Notes:

~ The_Missing_Link wins the battle. She and I receive six points. Knight of Time receives 3. Nice match, guys.

Knight of Time
11th March 2007, 04:45 PM
Wow, despite this battle being only my second loss since joining the new ASB, at least I made the final result of this battle a close one. Still, good battle, Rebecca. I admit this battle challenged me throughout, but the experience for Blazer (and Hydronix) was badly needed. I look forward to battling you again someday, when Surge (my Electabuzz) can legally evolve into an Electivire.

Thanks for reffing, Saffire Persian. Now to use those extra three points (along with the one I had prior to the battle ending) for a major purpose here.