PDA

View Full Version : Tag Team! Crystal Tears and HIAGT vs River and Chris W (Ref - Saffire Persian)

Hyperness is a Good Thing
30th June 2006, 12:37 PM
Whee, a tag team battle.. 4X4 but it's two out at a time per team (which means a total of 8 Pokemon will be taking part in this battle, but only a total of 4 on the battling field at a time, for those who are confused)
CT and I will be joining forces against...well, any two people who volunteer...
Let's move on to the rules:

We send first, you attack first..
No OHKOs
Banned moves: Recovery moves(which means moves like Recover & Rest are banned, but Giga Drain is fine because it's an attack), Toxic, Sub, cheap moves (Perish Song, Grudge, Destiny Bond, Explosion)
DQ time: One week

Arena: We'll keep it simple... A large grassy field(roughly the size of four or more football pitches), generally clear, dotted with some beautiful flowers, a few large trees of undeterminate species are scattered randomly around the field, and the field itself is surrounded by a large forest of trees. A long, wide(roughly 30 meters wide) stream cuts across the upper corner of the field - this stream is quite fast flowing, and it is deep, not something that you would want to wade in, only a Water Pokemon could ever feel comfortable in. The ground near the river is damp and muddy, but a little boggy, Pokemon may want to be careful while stepping in it, they may get stuck.

I will be using Chaucer, my Croconaw, and CT will be using Zell, her Heracross.

and a ref is greatly wanted and will be deeply appreciated. =)

Pichu Luver
30th June 2006, 01:01 PM
[font=sylfaen] Surely I would like to join thee in combat. I shall notify thee of thou Pokémon when a partner for this duel is found. *nods*

Chris Watarimono
30th June 2006, 04:14 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And a partner you have received! I shall join this merry battle with our merry band of monsters, River!!!

-Chris R.

Saffire Persian
30th June 2006, 08:04 PM
And, since one of the battles I'm reffing looks like it's going to die, I do suppose I'll Ref this.

30th June 2006, 09:22 PM
YAY! *huggles around for River, Chris Watarimono and a biggest hug for Saffire Persian* Now we can begin... *happyhappy* River and Chris W, do go ahead and post your attacks.

Pichu Luver
4th July 2006, 09:57 PM
[font=sylfaen] Right, I'm using my Female Kingler, Tiara

Right Tiara use Swagger. Aim the Swagger at the Crocanaw. Quickly walk to the river afterwards, using Double Team while your at it. Then use an Ice Beam on the Hearcross once your in the river.

Swagger(Crocanaw)/Double Team/Ice Beam(Heracross)

Chris Watarimono
5th July 2006, 07:50 AM
Let's rock the show River! XD C'mon, c'mon Shasmir the Skarmory (M)!

Shasmir: Squak! XD

Let's jump in the game by scattering Spikes on Crocnaw's and Heracross' side! Then blitz around the field with a Agility and end with an Aerial Ace on Crocnaw!

Spikes ~ Agility ~ Aerial Ace (@Chaucer)

Shasmir: Squak! XD

The music for this battle will be:
Paul Oakenfold and Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat

5th July 2006, 11:35 AM
Chaucer dear one, since she's gonna taunt you anyways, why don't you just let your rage take over for two rounds and go for Tiara..try and make it to her before Shasnir has a chance to spike the area, who knows, if he spikes the place around you, Tiara will have problems running to the river. Finally, when Shasnir uses Aerial ace, just counter it.

rage ~ rage ~ counter

Crystal Tears
5th July 2006, 12:02 PM
[color=orange][font=sylfaen] Alright Zell, I want you to use Focus Punch on Shasmir, get in there quick so he's using Spikes on his own side. Once you give him a good one, using your wings to fly behind a near by tree, make sure your on the side so that the trunk is in between you, and Tiara. Once your there, use Bulk Up, then, wait until ice beam is over and use Brick Break on Shasmir.

If Hiding takes up the move instead of Bulk Up, then just Hide (still behind a near by tree..).

Focus Punch (@Shasmir) ~ Bulk Up (After Hiding) / Hide ~ Brick Break (@Shasmir)

Saffire Persian
7th July 2006, 04:19 PM
Sorry for taking so long to get this up. >< Was busy for a couple days. There are probabably a few typos at this point, but they will be killed on site if I spot them.

ROUND ONE
Crystal Tears and HIAGT vs River and Chris W

Stats

Team A
Hyperness is a Good Thing and Crystal Tears

http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/159.png
Chaucer the Croconaw (Male)
HP: 100%
EP: 100%
Attacks: Rage (Tiara) ~ Rage (Tiara) ~ Counter (Shasmir)

http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/214.png
Zell the Heracross (Male)
HP: 100 %
EP: 100 %
Attacks: Focus Punch (@Shasmir) ~ Bulk Up (After Hiding) / Hide ~ Brick Break (@Shasmir)

Team B
River and Chris W.

http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/099.png
Tiara the Kingler (Female)
HP: 100%
EP: 100%
Attacks: Swagger (Croconaw) ~ Double Team ~ Ice Beam (Heracross)

http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/227.png
Shasmir the Skarmory (Male)
EP: 100 %
Attacks: Spikes ~ Agility ~ Aerial Ace (@Chaucer)

Arena: Arena: We'll keep it simple... A large grassy field(roughly the size of four or more football pitches), generally clear, dotted with some beautiful flowers, a few large trees of undeterminate species are scattered randomly around the field, and the field itself is surrounded by a large forest of trees. A long, wide(roughly 30 meters wide) stream cuts across the upper corner of the field - this stream is quite fast flowing, and it is deep, not something that you would want to wade in, only a Water Pokemon could ever feel comfortable in. The ground near the river is damp and muddy, but a little boggy, Pokemon may want to be careful while stepping in it, they may get stuck.

Arena Status: Normal

Music: Paul Oakenfold and Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat

~Round 1 Start~

The air thrums with an excited aura as the usually peaceful field is disturbed by sounds of a battle in the making. A Skarmory hovers on metal wings on one side of the field just above his male trainer, metal voice squawking in excitement as his partner, a female Kingler, keeps her eyes trained on the area before her – most specifically, on her to-be opponents.

On the other side, another two female trainers are standing. A Croconaw looks over longingly at the river, before glaring in the direction of the sun while a sturdy Heracross towers high over his trainer and the field.

It takes only a moment of agreement – a single nod from each Trainer – for the battle to finally get underway.

All four Pokémon let out their battle cries, Shasmir’s metallic one rising above all as he cuts through the air at great speed. He flies higher and higher, until he has a good viewpoint of the field below. Through his eyes, he can simultaneously see a Heracross flying towards him on Gossamer wings, and a Croconaw running full tilt towards Tiara. Shasmir hisses, sending forth a barrage of tiny pointed spikes into the grass below, just as pulls back his fist and strikes the Skarmory straight in the face. The force of the blow knocks the Skarmory into a spiral decent as he tries to regain equilibrium before he crashes. He manages to do so, screeching righting himself before a nasty impact. Through surprised eyes, Shasmir watches as Zell then flees towards the trees.

Chaucer continues to run at a frantic pace, allowing his fury to cloud his senses and fuel himself forward. This is only invigorated by the very infuriating display on the Kingler’s part. Chaucer doesn’t even try to fight the even greater angerand rage taking hold of him, eyes glowing red. His one and only wish it to take down the Kingler and tear it to pieces He doesn’t even notice himself treads on a few of the spikes as he finally clears the boundary. He hardly seems to notice the pain.

He slams into Tiara unmercifully, barraging her with his claws and even head in a primal fashion while his partner, Zell, watches behind his hiding place in the trees. The Heracross has closed his eyes, focusing his energy to his muscles, raising his offensive and defensive power from the safety of the vegetation.

Tiara, scuttling sideways towards the river, is doing her best to fend off the angry croc, glowing white before separating into three distinct figures. Chaucer doesn’t even seem to notice the change, striking the figure he has been relentlessly attacking all along. The Double Team doesn’t stop him from striking the real one, having been pursuing, always within inches, if not right on top of, the real one.

Even when she’s close to the river from the river the Croconaw doesn’t stop, blinding by rage and anger. He’s too far down even to notice the flying metal bird as it slices through the air on fast iron wings.

A screech pierces the air as Shamir makes contact, talons digging into Chaucer’s face as an iron beak bears down upon his head. Chaucer roars in pain, thrown to the ground from the blow, and his primal rage heightens though his eyes are glowing a less potent shade of red. Tiara, glad for the reprieve launches an Ice Beam from her mouth. It hits against a tree harmlessly, encasing it in ice and leaves the hiding bug-type unscathed. Immediately after, Zell bursts out of the trees, taking off at high speed through the air.

Tiara’s beady eyes constrict, and her pinchers clack against one another vindictively. Her feet, meanwhile, sink a bit into the boggy ground.

Shasmir finishes his strike, flying quickly into the air and starting to turn around. A smug grin is plastered on his beak, though the expression is quickly lost as he turns to find a behemoth of a Pokémon flying towards him. The Skarmory tries to evade, using his new speed to rise quickly, but Zell is already upon him, decking him into the ground with two hard, quick punches in the chest and jaw.

It seems Shasmir's flight plans have been temporarily delayed.

Post-Stats

Team A

HP: 89%
EP: 93%
Left foot a bit sore from the spike, though the Croconaw barely notices at this point.

EP: 82 %
ATK/DEF +

Team B
River and Chris W.

HP: 90%
EP: 87%
Status: Slightly annoyed at her Ice Beam missing; feet beginning to stick in the soggy ground by the river. Two clones remaining.

HP: 81 %
EP: 85 %
SPD ++

Arena Status: Spiked on the side Chaucer and Zell were on. Though it’s behind all of them at the moment.

Notes:

Swagger significantly heightened Rage’s damage.

Crystal tears will post attacks first, then HIAGT, followed by Chris then River

Crystal Tears
10th July 2006, 11:56 AM
[font=sylfaen][color=orange] Good first round Zell! Ok, first, I want you to keep beating on that bird! Use another Brick Break, then, use Rock Tomb on Kingler as long as Chaucer isn't stuck in the mud as well. Finally, use Earthquake, since Chaucer is close to you, grab onto him and hover a bit until Earthquake is over.
If Chaucer gets stuck in the mud, instead of Rock Tombing, fly over and use Mega Horn on Kingler while grabbing Chaucer and dragging him out of the muck, then finish with Rock Tomb on Kingler..

Brick Break (@ Shasmir) ~ Rock Tomb (@ Tiara) / Mega Horn (@ Tiara) ~ Earth Quake / Rock Tomb ( @ Tiara)

10th July 2006, 12:01 PM
Chaucer, first off, release all your anger by leaping onto Tiara's back and attacking her with a Frustration, and hopefully push her down deeper into the mud. Get away from the boggy area as soon as you can, and aim an Ice Beam at Shasmir. Immediately after you've attacked, try to get as close to Zell as possible, and let him pick you up. Finish off with a Ice Beam at Shasmir again.
If you do happen to get stuck in the mud, just use Rage repeatedly on Tiara until Zell comes for you. Then, use water gun on Shasmir if you have any moves left.

frustration ~ ice beam ~ ice beam
subs: rage//water gun

Saffire Persian
15th July 2006, 06:43 PM
I believe the DQ is up for Chris. It's been a week. (A day more by my calculations, but I digress). Nobody will get anything from this battle if the DQ is put into motion. So it's really HIAGT choice to disqualify or not.

Chris Watarimono
15th July 2006, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure on this one. I may need an extension though since I haven't heard from River this whole week. I don't think it'd be synergetic to go and post my attacks without River's consent.

-Chris R.

Chris Watarimono
15th July 2006, 08:40 PM
All righty! River and I got our gameplan ready! Fufufufufufu...

Shasmir! I want you to stick Zell's assult with your Drill Peck! Use Double Team and Torment that Croconaw!

If Croconaw decided to not use another Ice Beam, then use Drill Peck instead for the last move.

Drill Peck @ Heracross ~ Double Team ~ Torment @ Croconaw
Sub: --- ~ --- ~ Drill Peck @ Croconaw

Shasmir: Squuuuak! XD

Pichu Luver
15th July 2006, 08:52 PM
[font=sylfaen] Apologies.

Tiara, well done. Now, it is simple. Use Bide. Aim at Zell. In case it is done early, use Surf.

Bide x 3
Sub: Surf

15th July 2006, 11:31 PM
nah, the DQ won't apply. =) I would like to finish this battle. ^_^

Saffire Persian
21st July 2006, 11:45 PM
I will kill typos as I see 'em. XD *dies*

ROUND TWO
Crystal Tears and HIAGT vs River and Chris W

Stats

Team A

HP: 89%
EP: 93%
Left foot a bit sore from the spike, though the Croconaw barely notices at this point.
Attacks: frustration ~ ice beam ~ ice beam
subs: rage//water gun[

ATK/DEF +
Attacks: Brick Break (@ Shasmir) ~ Rock Tomb (@ Tiara) / Mega Horn (@ Tiara) ~ Earth Quake / Rock Tomb ( @ Tiara)

Team B
River and Chris W.

HP: 90%
EP: 87%
Status: Slightly annoyed at her Ice Beam missing; feet beginning to stick in the soggy ground by the river. Two clones remaining.
Attacks: Bide x 3
Sub: Surf

HP: 81 %
EP: 85 %
SPD ++
Attacks: Drill Peck @ Heracross ~ Double Team ~ Torment @ Croconaw
Sub: --- ~ --- ~ Drill Peck @ Croconaw

Arena Status: Spiked on the side Chaucer and Zell were on. Though it’s behind all of them at the moment.

Music: Paul Oakenfold and Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat

~Round 2 Start~

Round two starts a definite frenzy. Chaucer lunges with a feral crocadillian growl, ramming into Tiara and slashing at her with amazing power and ferocity. Tiara bears the blows, seeming to be in a trance, glowing with a holy white. Chaucer doesn’t seem to care, laying on the damage with his blunt claws as she sinks further into the boggy surface.

Shasmir is still on the ground, squaking and making a fit as he fluffs up his wings in an attempt to look at least somewhat intimidating to the sap-sucking bug. He absolutely howls when Zell lunges forward, arms preparing to deal the Skarmory a rather unpleasant strike. Hissing, the Skamory starts to hop back on tiny legs, almost cat-like in his maneuvers. His beak begins to glow, and just as Zell lands the first strike, the Bird hits the daring Heracross with a very, very hard blow to the arm that struck him.

Cawing and dancing with glee, Shasmir chuckles at Zell’s loud cries of pain. Zell's arm almost feels dead from the powerful strike. To say Shasmir was not feeling a cocky triumph would be a severe understatement. The steel bird finally takes to the air, splitting into five exact copies of himself (all of which are heartily laughing at Zell’s pain.)

That is, until he is almost hit in the face with an Ice Beam, which takes down one of his clones effortlessly, leaving the air a lot chillier than before. Shasmir squawks, and decides that provoking a combatants partner perhaps isn’t the smartest thing to do. Chaucer’s eyes are becoming calmer, and though his attack took a drop, he has a more sound, less bezerked mind.

Zell, still rubbing his very sore right arm, which hands limply to the side, glowers, his eyes promising eternal revenge if he ever gets down to it. Concentrating and willing the pain to go away, he focuses on the earth below the Kingler. The soggy earth slowly rises, covering Tiara with mud and earth that form a perfect barrier around her, as well as vanquishing her clones in a single, muddy strike. Still, Tiara shows no sign of noticing, taking the damage in stride.

Meanwhile, though a little spooked at the Ice Beam, the Skarmory finally finds the courage to begin chanting a dark, evil curse. Chaucer shivers as the spell takes hold and fire’s another Ice Beam, trying to aim where the chanting was coming from. The Ice Beam aims true, and clips the Skarmory’s wing as he tries to dodge, destroying one clone as well. A thin layer of ice forms on the tip of the bird’s wing. He can still fly, thankfully, but things are going to be a little more difficult.

Zell, however, is having problems. He’s up in the air, preparing to use Earthquake, but with one arm dead, he can barely lift. His left arm tries to grab hold of Chaucer’s, but it proves to be rather bothersome as he tries to crash into the ground and use Earthquake with as much force as possible. It turns into a lower powered earthquake, but it saves Chaucer pain and makes the ground tremble nonetheless.

The earthy barrier around the Kingler cracks, though she pays no heed to the Earthquake. Slowly, Tiara snaps out of her trance. Out of her maw comes an unearthly beam of mixed hues, tearing through the Rock Tomb with ease, hitting into Zell and to some extent, Chaucer (who was being held by Zell) with considerable force.

Both Pokémon hit the ground from the powerful blast, slightly dizzy and disoriented by the powerful attack. Up above, Shasmir snickers while Zell throws another dark glance the Skarmory’s way.

Post-Stats

Team A

HP: 74%
EP: 73%
Left foot a bit sore from the spike, Chaucer is beginning to notice this.
Tormented: Cannot use the same attacks twice in a row for the rest of the battle.

HP: 69 %
ATK/DEF +
Hurt Arm

Team B
River and Chris W.

HP: 67%
EP: 69%
Status: No clones. Satisfied. Still trapped in the earth, feet even more down into the bog. SPD - -

HP: 70 %
EP: 72 %
Status: A little sore from the beatings he received; wing tip frozen with a little ice.
SPD -
Three Clones Remaining.

Arena Status: Spiked on the side Chaucer and Zell were on. A bit more muddy and gooey around Tiara.

Notes:

Torment did not take effect this round, because the move was used during Chaucer’s last Ice Beam. If it had been used during the first one, the second Ice Beam would not have worked.

River will post first, then Chris, then HIAGT, then Crystal Tears

Pichu Luver
31st July 2006, 10:41 PM
[font=sylfaen] Um, you made a little blooper Saffire, Zell started with 82% energy and ended with the same amount. Oops, anyway.

Tiara first use Surf to sweep the last off the rocks off of you and free your feet. Then, on your way to the water use Blizzard in time with Shasmir's attack. Finally use Mud Shot from the river at Chaucer, or Metal Claw if he is close.

Surf/Blizzard/Mud Shot or Metal Claw

Chris Watarimono
31st July 2006, 10:51 PM
Shasmir! Deliever a piercing Screech towards Croc and Hera, then combine Tiara's Blizzard with your vicious Sandstorm around the arena to mess things up for our opponents! End with an Air Cutter upon Heracross!

Shasmir: Squaaak! XD

Screech (@Zell & Chaucer) ~ Sandstorm (With Blizzard) ~ Air Cutter (@Zell)

Saffire Persian
8th August 2006, 02:19 PM
I'll calculate the real energy in the next reffing... but a bump as a reminder for HIAGT

15th August 2006, 05:58 AM
oh crud, it's my turn?
>.> craps, CT's not around, buuuut I guess I'll post without discussing it with her first(she may be pissed though >.<)

Chaucer, unleash a loud roar of your own, frighten both those Pokemon out of their wits. After that, simply Dig belowground to avoid both the sandstorm and blizzard. Finally, locate Tiara and attack her but try to make it a surprise attack, so she won't have time to use Metal Claw or mud shot (even if she's in the water, try digging below the pond and leaping out)

Roar ~ Dig ~ Dig

2nd September 2006, 04:41 AM
okies, River contacted me, and said it's been dragging too long, and I agree with her...so I'm forfeiting this battle. *sighs* sorry to Saffire, thank you for taking it up, ^^ I'll give you something next time there's a Xmas tree

2nd September 2006, 09:49 AM
>.> gah, I'm triple posting, but CT requested that I don't forfeit cos she really wants to continue on and she promises to be good and post up her attacks. >.< so yeah. Just wondering, does anyone object to us continuing?

Crystal Tears
2nd September 2006, 10:05 AM
[font=sylfaen] I hope not.. I'm back and ready to battle. >_> Please don't dq, I shall be a good child I sware...

Alright Zell, its time for pay back! Roar will defiantly blow Screech out of the water, so charge a Focus punch as both those attacks are fighting each other, once their over, hit Shasmir with that mighty punch! This whole Blizzard / Sandstorm thing will be posing a problem, but we are not worried! Hide behind your trusty tree again; it should tone down the damage a lot. Then once the cold,-sandy move has died a bit down, fly out and hit Shasmir with a Brick Break. Finally, that Air cutter will probably hit whatever we do, so wait till after it hits, charge and fire another Focus Punch! Still towards Shasmir!

Focus Punch ~ Brick Break ~ Focus Punch

10th September 2006, 10:03 PM
I think it's too much trouble to keep up with this...and our ref's busy I suspect...
I want to withdraw from this.....
>.< The battle is over, sorry for all the inconvenience caused to everyone... >.> We shall try to have a tag team another time...

Saffire Persian
11th September 2006, 12:00 AM
Ah,sorry. I thought we still had two other people to reply. I can still Ref if you'd like -b ut meh, your choice.

11th September 2006, 12:12 AM
nah it's ok.. I think the battle's dead... ^^ I'll get something for ya next Xmas tree, to make up for this...thanks for reffing Saffire =)

Chris Watarimono
11th September 2006, 08:12 PM
Nooooooo...looks like this battle is done like dinner.

Aye, it was fun while it was around. Thanks for teaming up, River, and thanks for reffing Saffire. GG Hyperness and Crystal Tears. :ninja: :pirate: