PDA

View Full Version : The Tiny Tourney - Information Center

Chris 2.1
1st July 2006, 11:06 AM
July 1st brings about the opening of TTT - The Tiny Tournament. Intended for smaller Pokemon and newer members of the ASB alike, we hope this will be a lot of fun over the summer.

There are only 8 places and the tournament follows something of a pyramid format. 8 drops to 4, 4 drops to 2, 2 drops to 1. The prizes are as follows:

1st Place = 6 points
2nd Place = Free Catch/Evolution

So we need a lot of refs and 8 competetors! Do take expirience into account. If you feel quite good at ASB then please be polite and let someone less confident or expirienced take the place. Also while there is no size limit on Pokemon, use common sense and if you have anything large and dangerous, don't use it against something small and weak. Evolution are allowed however.

Ok! Let's do this.

Competetors:

-Crystal Tears
-Hyperness is a Good Thing
-Mega Horny
-Charles Legend
-Dark Dragonite
-Saffire Persian
-Darktyranitar
-Dragonis

Referees:

-The Blue Avenger
-Crystal Tears
-Mega Horny
-Ace64

When we have all 8 competetors you will be briefed on Round 1.

The Blue Avenger
1st July 2006, 11:08 AM
I'll be a ref, but I won't sign up as a battler unless you have problems filling up 8 spots.

Silencer
1st July 2006, 11:22 AM
If you have indeed problems filling the spots, I will compete. I don't have extremely large pokémon but some of them are evolved and are being evolved...

Chris 2.1
1st July 2006, 11:22 AM
I dont think we will have a problem filling it. If anyone else feels this way just wait a few days and see the response, there's no need to post

Crystal Tears
1st July 2006, 11:27 AM
[font=sylfaen][color=orange]I have a couple of small pokes. So I'll go ahead and enter! And I'll also be a ref aswell.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
1st July 2006, 11:33 AM
I have small Pokemon that need training... *pushes Poyle forward* yeah.. so I guess I qualify? ^_^
*signs up*
I don't dare to volunteer to ref yet, but if there's shortage of referees then I'll help.

Mega Horny
1st July 2006, 11:44 AM
Would I be able to enter my wittle Smeargle, Vicious Easel?

If possible I can also try and ref a round, if thats cool.

Charles Legend
1st July 2006, 11:48 AM
I well enter, since I have a bunch of small mall pokemon so it should not be a problem for me... ;)

~Charles Legend

Dark Dragonite
1st July 2006, 11:50 AM
I would like to enter, since I'm more rusty than a vet now, lol...

I also have small pokes, like castform, and horsea!!

Oh, and I missed the other tourneys...

Chris 2.1
1st July 2006, 11:56 AM
Ok but I'm going to assume KKhan and Chansey wont be participating. I know you're not new to ASB but I'm going to let this slide.

Dragonis
1st July 2006, 12:44 PM
Since I've yet to finish a battle I still count as a newbe right? So I'll enter.

Pichu Luver
1st July 2006, 12:49 PM
[font=sylfaen] Right well I'm about to get some tiny's and I got Sentret. So I will have a go. I've been here a bit though, so if someone new really wants a go, I'll give up my spot.

Dark Dragonite
1st July 2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks Chris, KKahn and Chansey will not be used, I probably won't use abra either...anyone else, I'm new with, well, not gastly, but I haven't even used him yet, lol I doubt I'll use Quagsire either, though he is new to me as well.

darktyranitar
1st July 2006, 01:16 PM
Sure, I guess I could sign in. I guess my good ol' Hoppip hasn't been in a battle for a long time. Maybe I'll even try and use my newly gained Shuckle.

Saffire Persian
1st July 2006, 03:30 PM
I'd like to participate - pretty much all of mine are just tiny little things. *eyes Meowth and Eevee especially*. Plus, who knows what I'll get out of that Hydro Egg.

Metallixs Girl
1st July 2006, 03:46 PM
I have 4 battles going on but do Tournaments count as Battle Slots? If not, I'd like to enter if no one minds... I'm pretty new and almost all mine are babies...^^

Pichu Luver
1st July 2006, 04:13 PM
[font=sylfaen] Right that makes ten people when there are only 8 spots. Well *shrugs* Sorry Metallixs Girl but Saffire Persian posted first so she gets my spot. Have fun SP.

Chris 2.1
1st July 2006, 04:48 PM
All spots have been filled.

Right the pairings are as follows:

Crystal Tears & Mega Horny - Completed

Dark Dragonite & Charles Legend - Completed

Dragonis & Saffire Persian - Completed

Hyperness is a Good Thing & Darktyranitar - In Progress

Eventually your specific thread will be up in the B&T Forum. IF (and I mean IF) the refs are willing, I have no complaint with having all 4 matches up at once. Let me know in this thread. Here is the brief for Round One:

Round One
Breaking the Ordinary

Round one will deal with testing your skills as trainers. It is a standard 1-1 battle that will last Eight rounds. However, you can only use two attacks per round.

Ok look out for your matches!

Ace64
1st July 2006, 05:26 PM
Damn, I reeealy wanted to do this but I was at work all day and couldn't enter. Damn.

Oh well. Need another ref?

Dark Dragonite
1st July 2006, 05:28 PM
are there specific arenas, cause if it's typical indigo stadium, etc, sending out horsea wouldn't help much, lol

Chris 2.1
1st July 2006, 05:33 PM
if you wish to use a water Pokemon, a water arena will come up from the stadium and be used. However it had large marble columns that are level with the water surface so that non water types can stand their ground.

Ace: A ref would be great thanks

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd July 2006, 09:11 AM
Noo! I was to late for this! That's not possible. Go damnit.

I will ref.

*grumbles*

Chris 2.1
10th July 2006, 06:09 AM
The Tiny Tourney

Entrants into Round Two

-Crystal Tears
-Dark Dragonite

Mega Horny
10th July 2006, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, didn't really know where to say this, but do you mind if I snatch position as ref for the next TTT match? That would be cool, thanks.

Ace64
10th July 2006, 08:56 PM
4 matches, four refs.

Mega Horny
10th July 2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah, thats what I thought, just making sure it isn't optional.

Chris 2.1
17th July 2006, 03:35 PM
Tournament Details

-Crystal Tears
-Mega Horny
-Charles Legend
-Dark Dragonite
-Saffire Persian
-Darktyranitar
-Dragonis

Dark Dragonite
10th August 2006, 03:59 PM
Tournament Details

-Crystal Tears
-Mega Horny
-Charles Legend
-Dark Dragonite
-Saffire Persian
-Darktyranitar
-Dragonis

So, to update, we have 3 matches over with, one to go, about half over, and it's a close one!!

Saffire Persian
11th August 2006, 09:08 PM
I'm glad I made it into the second. I thought I wouldn't for a minute. Anyways, I have a question, does this count as battling experience for our Pokémon if we want to evolve them afterwards, or no?

Chris 2.1
12th August 2006, 10:45 AM
Yea it does.

Edit: Details for Round 2 will follow shortly.

Chris 2.1
19th August 2006, 07:54 AM
Round Two

Round Two is aptly a double battle, with two Pokemon each side and no time limit.

Short and sweet huh.

Anyway the pairings:

Crystal Tears VS Dark Dragonite: In Progress (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=45166.0)
SaffirePersian VS Hyperness is a Good Thing: In Progress (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=45167.msg668497#msg668497)

Both need referees. Thank you kindly.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th August 2006, 09:19 AM
Why Dark Tyranitar? He lost?

Ace64
19th August 2006, 09:31 AM
Saffire Persian won over Dragonis, actually.

Chris 2.1
19th August 2006, 10:01 AM
Oh god I'm so sorry -_-;; I'll change it. Can't quite believe I did that...

Chris 2.1
30th October 2006, 12:36 PM
Finalists

-Crystal Tears-
- ?? -

Hyperness is a Good Thing
23rd November 2006, 01:27 AM
o.o what happened to the rest of the TTT topics?

Chris 2.1
10th January 2007, 02:37 PM
Entrants into TTT Finals:

-Crystal Tears

-Saffire Persian

One Last Bout - Information:
This is the final round of The Tiny Tourney and takes place in an open-air stadium during mid-morning. There is a round, pond-like fountain in the middle of the grassy arena which has a little island in the center, making it similar to a doughnut in appearence.

This match is a 2-2, one out at a time. You can only use first stage Pokemon - no evolved forms or non-evolving Pokemon. There are no banned attacks.

I'll set up the topic now.

Aide
26th April 2007, 03:18 AM
Are we going to have another "Tiny Tourney" this summer?

Chris 2.1
26th April 2007, 12:08 PM
We may do but we shall see. The tournament has been very slow but that is not due to the actual nature of the tournament. So if people want it we may think of doing another one but it will not be this summer.