PDA

View Full Version : Descent of Madness (Mai HiME RP SIGN UPS)

Dr.McNinja
1st July 2006, 10:52 PM
Descent of Madness

The library was dark, had been dark for many years since the closing of the school which had utilized it. The shelves that lined every wall of the roughly square building had been stripped bare, their bounty of books carried off to the halls of other libraries. In the center of the room, embedded in the very floor of the great structure, was a clock whose movements echoed ominously throughout the desolate building. For the longest time only the clock was present to mark the passage of time, shining duly in the starlight that filtered through the glass dome that crested the library.

Then a footstep echoed in the dark.

Walking into a shaft of moonlight was a young man of average height, his spikey white hair shimmering eerily in the ethereal light from the heavenly body above. A book, retrieved from some unknown location, lay open on his left hand and the youth seemed to be reading quite casually from it. A devious grin spread across the mysterious youngster’s face as he continued to read, a trickle of delighted laughter escaping from deep within his chest.

Closing the book with a sharp snap, the youth looked up through the windows above him. Sparkling high in the heavens, barely visible by the naked eyes, a red spark suddenly began to glimmer. The trickle of laughter from the youth became a torrent, the book dropping unheeded to the floor as the unsettling explosion of mirth raced through the halls of the barren library. On the floor the great second hand of the clock made a thundering turn, the sound mixing with the laughter to signal the oncoming of something great and terrible.

The Basics: Based on the anime Mai HiME (if you haven’t seen it I highly suggest it), Descent of the Red Star is focuses on the oncoming of The Festival, a time where great danger descends upon the world in the form of the Red Star visible only by the chosen HiME, what the Star brings is unknown to most though the knowledge of its secret will come to light the closer it draws to the Earth.

To oppose the power of the Red Star are the HiME, 13 girls marked by a symbol of their power with the ability to materialize weapons from photons in the air and summon great beings called Children to do their bidding. Unknown to the HiME is a dark price to their power that many of them will have to pay. Each Child is linked to a Key, a person important to the HiME whose life force is linked with that of the Child. Should should one die, so shall the other.

You are one of the 13 HiME, blessed with the power to oppose the Orphans (monsters that begin to appear when the Red Star ignites in the night sky) and possible each other as the answer to the Red Star’s secret is searched for. Students at a recently re-opened academy, Fate has brought you all together at this spot for the sake of the world, the Festival is about to begin again only this time...the rules have changed.

HiME Form

Name: (Easy Enough)

Appearance: (Yadda yadda)

Personality: (same ol’ same ol’)

Weapon (Element): (What weapon can you materialize? Can range from guns to multi-sectioned naginatas. One HiME in the anime even had mirrors)

Birthmark: (Where's the HiME mark at?)

Knowledge: (Basically, do they know about their powers when the RP starts? Do they know what a HiME is? Etc.)

Child Form

Name: (If you want to use one from the anime, feel free. Wikipedia has a good resource for Children if you search for Mai HiME)

Appearance: (Most Children from the anime were a sort of mecha/animal hybrid though you are no means limited to that.)

Method of Attack: (Not really a list of attacks, simply how they fight. Duran from the Anime had two giant cannons on his back while Kiyohime simply smashed things with its multiple heads.)

Key Form

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Importance: (How are they important to your HiME?)

Enjoy!

Dr.McNinja
1st July 2006, 10:53 PM
HiME Form

Name: Takune Mihei

Appearance: Of average height, Takuna sports deep black hair that hangs to the middle of her back. Green eyes stare out from behind long bangs and a small pair of glasses that reflect an extraordinary amount of light (as anime glasses are apt to do). Although not beautiful in the way that models or famous actresses commonly are, she is attractive in an alluring way, most likely due to the depths present in her eyes that hint at an internal fire that seems to pull others in. A fit and full figure also helps draw attention toward her.

Personality: Analyzing to a fault, Takune nonetheless manages to avoid the over-caution that many deep thinkers possess. She is not afraid to act though usually she attempts to form some sort of plan first. Friendly to those she meets initially, only those she deems worthy ever become truly close to her. Some have described her as having “creepy” moments where a sudden calmness descends upon her and her voice becomes deadly serious. A complete turnaround from her usual quiet, yet cheerful, self.

Weapon: Golden bands that materialize around her wrists and ankles, about a foot in diameter, the bands spin rapidly and glow with a fierce yellow light when in use. They allow her to fly, fire flame based attacks, and construct shields of fire that can deflect attacks.

Birthmark: On the back of her neck, obscured by her hair.

Knowledge: Is aware of her power but not of HiME in particular. Hides her abilities for now though she does use them to fight and Orphans that crop up (despite not knowing their origin or intentions besides destruction).

Child Form

Name: Kagutsuchi

Appearance: Only way to get its appearance across: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/tczomic1/maihime_20_6.jpg

And

http://www.ukix.org/album/archives/images/kagutsuchi.jpg

Method of Attack: Fire, lots and lots of fire. Really really really hot fire (specially when it starts to spin those green things on its side). Can also physically attack quite effectively due to its size.

Key Form

Name: Nagi

Appearance: White haired and possessing and air of deviousness, Nagi is unsettling to say the least. He seems to perpetually wear a simple button-up shirt and slacks. He always seems to be holding a book as well. Seemingly around 17 years old, his true age is unknowable.

Personality: There are depths to Nagi that no one can reach. Does he act as he does for himself or does he work for another? Is he truly as perpetually cheerful/mad as he seems or is it a shell that he hides behind? Nagi’s personality is as confusing as his character but one thing is for certain, there is some method to his madness.

Importance: Takune finds herself attracted to Nagi, captivated by his mysterious qualities. Nagi too cannot deny he feels some attraction for the quiet girl. Their relationship is already complex and seems as if it will only become even more complicated.

Speranza
23rd July 2006, 10:45 PM
'Ello. Allow me to make sure that I have the story correctly. There are people who have powers. They can make any weapon, from basically air. And these people are connected to others. Now whatever happens to People1 happens to People2. Am I correct so far??

All of the People1 are at the same school by a twist of fate. Right??
And there are beasts that are going to come and try to ruin the world. And People1 have to stop them.

Now did I get all that at least close to right??

Dr.McNinja
24th July 2006, 10:57 AM
Heh, essentially. It's a bit tricky to understand, even when you've watched the whole anime. One thing I'd add is that People2 would also be killed if People1's Child was killed, that's the price they pay for their power.

Speranza
24th July 2006, 08:46 PM
Ooh. Ok I got it now. Thank you. OK then, I'll play. Let me just type my form and then...hmm, then what do I do? :keke: I'm alittle lost I havent rpg in such a long time.

How many people do we need to start??

Dr.McNinja
24th July 2006, 09:29 PM
Four or five's generally a good number

Speranza
24th July 2006, 09:41 PM
Alright. Though I'm not sure that I'll be playing right away my friend says that I have to show my work to them to make sure its alright to post. I hope you dont mind.