PDA

View Full Version : Happy 230th USA!

Jeff
4th July 2006, 02:43 PM
Today marks the 230th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the official founding of the United States. So what is everyone (who lives in said country) doing today?

I'm about to get ready to head off to DC with some friends to see the fireworks. And my sister thought it was cool that she was going to see the fireworks in Annapolis, I so got her beat :P.

Magmar
4th July 2006, 11:15 PM
I ended up having a semi-surprise birthday cake from my friends. The USA isn't the only one with a birthday around now!

Drusilla
5th July 2006, 02:37 AM
Happy birthday, Magmar, lol.

Well, my dad, brother, and I went into town to hang out with some friends (some, meaning about fifty?) and watch the fireworks down on the Seawall and at the Flagship... but because the forecast was for 70% chance of rain, and because Galveston is full of retards, nothing was ready to go and by the time the people in charge realized that it actually wasn't raining (GASPZORZ!!!), it was too late to get things going in time. So Galvatraz is going to have the Fourth of July on the 8th... Go figure.

Like I said, people around here are retarded. It was pretty obvious by early afternoon that it wasn't going to rain... ~_~;;

But my friend introduced me to her cute 22-year-old son. ^_^

RedStarWarrior
5th July 2006, 01:18 PM
Hmm...you know, for a county that the majority of the world hates, we are pretty old.

Heald
5th July 2006, 01:23 PM
Well look at this way, if you keep annexing countries like Palestine and make new ones, soon you will be the oldest country

Drusilla
5th July 2006, 01:33 PM
lol Heald

Katie
5th July 2006, 03:59 PM
I spent the day like every other day off I get: shopping for dorm crap, bought a minifridge and some underbed storage stuff. then I farted around awhile until it was dark, and my family dragged me off to watch some fireworks that were hard to see because of trees and streetlights and people who like to STAND in front of people SITTING. that was, er, "fun", then we went home and blew up the driveway with 3 year old mini-fireworks (just ground stuff, maybe one actually went about 10ft in the air. fun all the same) despite the retarded ban. which probably wasn't so retarded as my brother managed to set the front lawn ablaze with a sparkler.... :)

.hacker
6th July 2006, 12:28 AM
I spent the day launching fireworks with friends and family. It was fun.