PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Pokemon NOT found in R/S?

Bacl
5th December 2002, 01:52 PM
I'm just wondering what with all the Pokemon that can't be found in R/S, which ones will be missed the most? I know most of you will probobly list Legendaries, but I miss the more common Pokemon. Those who say no one liked Rattatta might not have owned a beloved pet rat as a kid.

So what are your top 6 picks? The dream team of the extinct so to speak. My choices are:

1) EEVEE (my real life cat is named EEVEE. nuff said)

2) Rattatta

3) Beedrill (when I played Pokemon for the very first time, a weedle was the very first pokemon I caught. Since then there was always a Beedrill on my team...until now :no: )

4) Victreebell (Hey, I loved the one that James had on the anime so much I would get one myself).

5) Chikorita (My favorite starter pokemon and the only pokemon I would never allow to evolve).

6) Kingler (That new lobster thing just doesn't have the loveable bubbly style of Krabby/Kingler.)

What are your picks?

347Studboy
5th December 2002, 01:57 PM
Well, I'm glad Heracross is in there, but there are a whole bunch I know I'm gonna miss:

1) Definitely Eevee, or more accurately, Flareon. Its Attack and Special Attack were unbelievable, plus I love Fire Pokémon.

2) Another Fire type, Cyndaquil... and while I'm at it,

3, 4, and 5) Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard... old favorites (before Heracross :D ).

6) The Dragons (all of them, Dra- guys and Kingdra). I dunno... the new Dragons are *okay*, I guess....

All in all, I'm gonna miss the variation I got back in the day, when all of them were either running around in Kanto and Johto, or at least I could trade for them.

XDarkDragoniteX
5th December 2002, 02:09 PM
Hopefully, there will be some way to unlock these guys, but until than these are the ones I really,really want

1. Dragonite--- My all time favorite Pokemon. he's been all of my teams ever since he evolved from the Dratini I caught in the original Safari Zone. The Dragonair evolved after I beat Lance's Dragonite and helped me greatly with the battle against Gary(Kamon in my version).

2. Raichu(with Surf)--- I know what everyone's thinking "he's in the game retrard" but HE DOESNT KNOW SURF! that was the only reason that I ever played with him and now that he doesnt learn it ...yet.... Im upset

3. Charizard--- My first Poke. ever owned, and the only fire Pokemon Ive ever used. Need I say more.

4. Feraligatr---My first G/S Poke. Im a sentamental fool so Ive never really let him go.

5. Ampharos--- All I have to say who doesnt like an electric Dragon* that evolves from an electric SHEEP!( I know he's not officially a Dragon type, but....)

6. Tyranitar--- Big, Tough, Mean, and has one of the weirdest types(pre-Ru/Sa). Also my 2nd favorite Poke.

RocketScyther
5th December 2002, 02:18 PM
I miss Scyther, he's always been my favorite. So, I just try to think of it this way: they decided that he deserved a short vacation, and we'll meet up again soon. So while I wait, I'm going to make the best out of Ruby/Sapphire I can.

celebi2k
5th December 2002, 02:25 PM
For the people that wants some of the old pokemon and are using the rom got the codes topic in this fourm there are codes for
charmander
squrtle
bulbasaur
chikarita
totodile
cyndaquil
eevee
pidgey
ditto
mewtwo- Buggy
I think cubone will be released later today. I think.

DragonLover
5th December 2002, 02:35 PM
i will always miss m y beutifull arcanine

squirtlemaster
5th December 2002, 02:46 PM
what happened to be beloved jolteon and arcanine ??? :(

ostrigal
5th December 2002, 03:24 PM
Before Houdour and Houndoom, before Entei, there was growlithe.

He grew into Arcanine. I miss him so... actually I traded him over from Blue to Gold and he became a she.

I miss her so.

Red Angel
5th December 2002, 03:49 PM
EEVEE!

Oh where have you and all your evos gone?
I was SO hoping for some new Eevee forms, maybe even some Stage 2 Eevolutions... Gamefreak, whay must you torment me so?

<goes off to cry in the corner>

On a positive note, Wobbuffet is in! Yeah! And it's got a new prevolution, too!

<feels better now>

ace
5th December 2002, 04:08 PM
I'm gonna miss Steelix:( It was the first G/S pokemon I had ever seen-and it was a brand new type at the time-Steel. I just think it looks so cool what with it's mischevious grin:D
I'll miss it......
Still, im taking a liking to wailmer's evo.

RyuukoAremi
5th December 2002, 04:34 PM
The only one I miss is Sneasel. :( *is QUITE glad that Sandshrew/slash are in the game*

Faalken
5th December 2002, 04:44 PM
I'm a fire pokemon fanatic, and they seem to have taken out almost ALL the oldies.

I'll miss my Arcanine, Charizard, and Houndoom, 3 pokes I used to defeat a friend's all-Uber team with a fire team...just to prove that it could be done...if you know what you're doing and your friend's just a clueless dipstick that relies on power and can't put together a good moveset to save his life.

The other three on that team were Magmar, Typhlosion, and Ninetales. Magmar and Typhlosion are gone, but there's one saving grace.

:D :D :D Ninetales is in Ruby!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thank the higher-ups, they at least brought over ONE of my pokes from the Fiery Furries team.

(Ya ya, I know, Magmar and Charizard don't have fur...but before they were there it was Flareon and Rapidash, and I kept the name.)

Latios24
5th December 2002, 04:48 PM
My teammate and buddy is gone. Oh Lapras. Where are you?

RJdude
5th December 2002, 07:16 PM
My 4 favorite Pokemon before Ru/Sa 9Pidgeot, Tyranitar, Raikou, and Charizard) are not in it. It stinnks. There better be a way to get them...

TienTheWatcher
5th December 2002, 07:27 PM
Jolteon. easily and most definatly jolteon, although there are some others that i like .... well, at least alakazam is back ....

Pidgeot
5th December 2002, 07:36 PM
*sniff* In no particular order...

Eevee (Umbreon AND Flareon!!1 ;_;)
Ditto (Ditt's not in R/S is it?) (BREEDING)
Mareep (ALWAYS been on my team)
Snorlax (ALWAYS been on my team)
The RBY & GSC Legendaries (Duh...)
Chansey (Good EXP.)
Omanyte (Ill just miss him o_o;)
Paras (Spore + False Swipe Catching Technique)

IcyLapras
5th December 2002, 07:49 PM
Lapras, definately
Snorlax
Zapdos
Exeggutor
Charizard
Blissey
Arcanine
Electabuzz
Dragonite
Tyranitar

Spagghettor
5th December 2002, 08:41 PM
My favorite pokemon that aren't in it...

#1: Victreebel--because it's my favorite pokemon of all time whether it's in the game or not. And sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who spells it right. Fnrrf?

#2: Mewtwo--another of my favorite creatures from R/B/Y. It probably wouldn't have been in R/S even if they DID include most of the others, though...

#3: Bangirasu--one of the only G/S things I liked that much.. (Hopefully, nobody will complain about me not using the english G/S/C names. Complaining about something like that is 56000 times more annoying than what you're complaining about.)

#4: Nidoking--I don't know why. My sister probably would put this one at #1 though..

#5: Denryuu--one of the only G/S creatures I actually used the first time playing through Gold.

#6: Nuoo--it's Water/Ground! We need more of those (wait... there ARE more of them. But having three to choose from would be much better... especially since they have different characteristics, moves, etc.)

#7: Tsubotsubo--Just because they made more things with super-high defense stats (Rejis, Busugodora, etc.) doesn't mean they have to get rid of the old ones with super-high defense stats. And it's goofy-looking without being cute or stupid-looking, which makes it 10 times better.

#8: Houou--The only G/S legendary I really liked (even though it's Fire, and I usually don't like very many fire pokemon)... I never really understood why everyone seemed to be obsessed with Lugia.

#9: Okutan--An octopus! One of the only water types in G/S/C (besides Kingdra) that wasn't dumb-looking (Marill), cute (Marill), weak (Marill... and a few others), or a combination of several of those.

#10: Snorlax--It's fat, it sleeps a lot, it eats a lot, and it's STILL not weak... if they had only left Snorlax in, they'd have enough different "fat" pokemon to make a Sumo tournament mini-game.

Scythemantis
6th December 2002, 12:02 AM
Bacl - my girlfriend has had pet rats since before I knew her (They're just the best, aren't they? If only they had longer lifespans...) Rattata and Raticate were her favorites too and I miss em as well. They did get a nice characteristic, though, for when you finally get them. Nothing can run from them! Bwahahahaha. Hyper fang!!!

Anyway, the ones I miss most:

Venomoth! Venomoth was a permanent part of my team since r/b!

Parasect - I liked that he was the only pokemon with spore, and that he was an insect zombified by fungus (which happens in reality! Caterpillars are particularly common victims of brain-sucking mold) Kinnogassa is no replacement for this much more creative pokemon. I do KIND of like Kinogassa though... I like spore as an "exclusive" ability, and being naturally learned by only two lines of mushroom pokemon is still fairly exclusive. Nukenin is a suitably spooky replacement for both parasect AND Venomoth on my team, though.

Victreebel - didn't use it much, and Gloom (its distant cousin and my absolute #1 favorite pokemon ever) is in r/s, but I still always found Victreebel incredibly cool.

Crystal Vulpix
6th December 2002, 12:33 AM
EEVEE!!! :(
Bayleef
Mew
Ampharos
Dratini
Cyndaquil

Good, that main Vulpix is on RUBY:D

I don`t understand Nintendo! We don`t have so wonderful pokemon on R/S but these Tentacool and Tentacruel are! Who like T&T? (sorry, for his fans;)) I don`t like use SURF, because T&T still bother me!

Azura Stardust
6th December 2002, 12:54 AM
Loads! I'll name some.

SUICUNE!!! -=- I absolutely love Suicune more than anything else! It is so sleek and powerful and it's got cool attacks and types.... WHY isn't it in RS... ;_;
Articuno -=- I just like Articuno :D
Houou and Lugia -=- They've been so awesome... and Houou has sentimental value as it was the first legendary I ever caught in Gold (which was the very first game out of GSC that I played - including ROMs)... and they're just cool :)
The Starters -=- I found most of them really nice... especially Charmander line and Chikorita line.
Eeveelutions -=- ESPECIALLY Vaporeon.

I must have missed out on a lot more. O_o;

Oh yes!

KINGUDORA! I just love its attacks and capabilities and most importantly its type combo. :)
I also miss Snorlax ( a bit only, though.) and Denryuu and Nuoo and Bangirasu and Kairyuu and... .... ......

IcyLapras
6th December 2002, 01:00 AM
Tentacool and Tentacruel are ok, they're above average speed, sort of. And they have Acid Armor and Giga Drain...Haze can be breeded on... they aren't the best though.

Subame
6th December 2002, 01:19 AM
EEVEE!!!!!! (and its evolutions)

Well, it was my favorite on all the versions...

On R/B, Pokemon I had an emotional attachment to and almost always trained non-stop since I got them were Blastoise (Squirtle = first Pokemon I ever had *sniff*), Pidgeot (Pidgey = first Pokemon I ever caught *sniff*), and Butterfree..

On G/S/C, there were Typhlosion, Ampharos, and Lugia..

It doesn't make much sense to me either.. people say that R/S was supposed to be a whole new start.. yet they did include SOME old Pokemon.. so why couldn't they be ones that were more popular? I mean at least Abra and Vulpix are still there, but I don't think many people liked Zubat and Tentacool.. at least not as many as the people who like Eevee.. :x And I too am tired of surfing and being attacked by nothing but Tentacool and Tentacruel! So they might as well let us walk through grass and be attacked by Rattata and Pidgey again! :D

Madelyn151
6th December 2002, 10:17 AM
ummm, a lot. basically all the prevolutions, because they were so cute. but here are my 10 favorites, in order.

1. slowbro
a big dopey hermit crab, what else can i say? it's really adorable. slowking is cool but can't compare, because slowking is smart. who wants a SMART slowbro? =P

2. nidoking
even though it looks really stupid in all pictures of it, i just think it's cool. again, has a counterpart that cannot compare.

3. typhlosion
i played gsc roms before i knew what any of the pokemon looked like... i remember when my quilava evolved into this guy, i was like, "WHOAH!" plays a major part in every single fanfiction i get halfway through then delete everything i've written ^_^;

4. politoed
nobody else likes him. at all. i think he is the most adorable little frog-thing ever. *hugs politoed* what's with all these pokemon i like that have bad counterparts? =P (well, not bad. i like slowking, nidoqueen, and poliwrath. but they're not slowbro, nidoking, and politoed)

5. porygon2
i always thought porygon was really cool, and then this guy came out, and it was even cuter and actually usable. :) yay porygon2! i remember reading some story here where a porygon2 got frozen 4 times in a battle, and still won it for the person...

6. xatu
it's totally adorable and gets some great moves. plus, it was on my first planned gsc team (i remember i was thought as being radically different for having an entei instead of a houndoom =P), so i've got the sentimental stuff attached to it. =P

7. kangaskhan
kangy is SO cool. its pose in yellow has to be one of the better poses in the games, ever.

8. raticate
yes, raticate. in every single pokemon game, i will catch rattata first, just so i can have a raticate. i think they're awesome. no, i don't know why. they just are. RAT!

9. espeon
definitely the coolest of the eeveelutions, and it basically killed its way through pokemon stadium for me, so i have a heavy attachment to it ^_^ plus it's really pretty/sleek

10. pidgeot
i'll also catch a pidgey at the beginning of every game, so i can have a pidgeot. pidgeot may not have the greatest stats or moves, but it definitely LOOKS cooler than fearow or dodrio.

honorable mentions : suicune, clefable, arbok, persian, arcanine, rapidash, tauros, lapras, jolteon, flareon, vaporeon, umbreon, omastar, kabutops, aerodactyl, articuno, zapdos, moltres, mew, dragonite, meganium, furret, sunflora, scizor, sneasel, delibird, houndoom, miltank, tyranitar, suicune, entei, raikou, lugia, ho-oh

pokemon i like that ARE still in rs : azumarill, alakazam, tentacruel, magneton, electrode, bellossom, SANDSHREW AND SANDSLASH (wahoo!), skarmory, wigglytuff, ninetales, raichu, girafarig, PHANPHY AND DONPHAN (double wahoo!), rhydon, corsola, lanturn.

Scythemantis
6th December 2002, 04:38 PM
Vileplume is in ru/sa

Scythemantis
6th December 2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Crystal Vulpix

I don`t understand Nintendo! We don`t have so wonderful pokemon on R/S but these Tentacool and Tentacruel are! Who like T&T? (sorry, for his fans;)) I don`t like use SURF, because T&T still bother me!

I can't quite understand what you mean... you dont like use surf because they bother you? Eh? Speak english! :P

I've always considered tentacruel and tentacruel two of the best pokemon ever, though. They look awesome, I always loved jellyfish, and water/poison is a cool type.

ronaldmc
6th December 2002, 07:58 PM
1) Dragonite/Dratini
2)Lapras
3)Porygon 2
4)Mewtwo

These are the ones I like most... And dratini! Where the "..." are you?? I was thinking about building one to win all that events of beauty, strengh, etc. But I can´t do that because it´s not in the game :( Want it...

:no: :no: :no: Stupid Gamefreak :no: :no: :no:

Psychic_Trainer_Mara
6th December 2002, 10:08 PM
*glances around shiftily* I miss my Drowzee. Once it evolves into Hypno, it's tough enough to withstand whatever survives Hypnosis. Also, Eevee and Espeon! (Though all Eevee evolutions are wonderful.)
I'll miss Avalon, the Dratini I've used since ...forever.
Farewell to Stompy, my loyal Kangaskhan.
Bye bye, Bitey the Growlithe...

Subame
7th December 2002, 12:54 AM
I once had a Raticate named Bitey :D Also, every Butterfree I've ever had was named Flutter.. I'm not good at thinking of names.. but still, I wish I could have Bitey and Flutter on R/S!

rubyQ
7th December 2002, 04:12 AM
There are alot!!! Dragonite, Ampharos, eevee...I still believe there are ways to get them though, without gameshark. I still believe...

Crystal Vulpix
7th December 2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
[B]I can't quite understand what you mean... you dont like use surf because they bother you? Eh? Speak english! :P
God! I hate surf because I hate these Tentacool and Tentacruel! Now you understand?