PDA

View Full Version : Flareon or Ninetales?

Cammy White
8th July 2006, 04:05 AM
I really hope I'm not annoying people with making lots of topics! -_-;;

Anyhoo, was just wondering if people thought a Flareon or a Ninetales would be more beneficial to my team. My team so far is;

Blastoise
Onix (eventually Steelix)
Raichu
Kadabra (eventually Alakazam)

Can't post movesets as I've not decided on anything final yet!

Was initially thinking of a Rapidash, but I can't get a Ponyta for a while and I'd like a fire type pretty soon, so I can level up through Silph Co and then take on Erika.

Poryhedron
8th July 2006, 08:32 AM
Hmm...is it wise to add a Fire-type to a team that already has a Rock-type (soon to be Steel-type) and an Electric-type? That's a whole lotta Ground weakness. Seriously, Kadabra can wipe out most of Celadon Gym by itself because there are only two pokémon in that whole place that aren't Grass/Poison. Not two species, although that's also true; two individual pokémon.
Anyway, assuming you do decide a Fire-type's worth the risk, I would be remiss not to point out the glaring flaw in choosing a Flareon at this point in the game. Since the Eevee available in Celadon Mansion is over level 16, and you can't breed yet, your Flareon won't have a Fire attack until level 36, at which point it learns Fire Spin. Tactically useful, perhaps, but not impressive damagewise. After that you'll have to wait until level 52 for Flamethrower. The only solution to this dilemma would be to get the TM 35 from Rocket Game Corner; do you have the cash and/or luck to do that?
Vulpix, on the other hand, learns Flamethrower naturally at a very reachable level 29...think it over.

Cammy White
8th July 2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm, good point. I guess I always just added a fire type as standard... This also raises thwe question of what to add instead of a fire type. Was thinking of a good normal type like Blissey anyway, so will have a think and see!

Cammy White
11th July 2006, 07:37 AM
Kind of off topic as it doesn't relate to Flareon or Ninetales, but it does relate to my team and I didn't want to open a new topic, as that'd be pointless. Anyway, was thinking of adding a Machamp as well as a normal type. I was thinking Blissey but since I'd have to breed for Heal Bell and that's the main function of a Blissey, I was thinking of perhaps a Clefable who could make good use of special attacks.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that Machamp may not fit in very well :-/

That would then make my team:

Blastoise
Steelix
Raichu
Alakazam
Machamp
Clefable

I'm thinking that this is fairly balanced, but as you can see I suck at this a bit ^_^;;. So if you guys could help me out (again!) I'd be very grateful!

ashes1420
13th July 2006, 05:53 PM
I personally wouldn't have a normal type on my team, because it's not really good against any element, but metronome is a prety sweet move if you have taught it that already. I would probably go with a grass pokemon sinse it's good against water and ground :confused: and MAYBE I'd go with a fire, but I'm not the best with making teams, I just level up my pokemon.

Cammy White
14th July 2006, 03:40 AM
Clefable seems like a strong Normal type, and the fact that it's not super effective against anything doesn't mean it can't have an effective moveset. Metronome is a baddy bad bad move unless you're just using it for fun. Clefable has a pretty good Special Attack, so I was thinking of having:

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Flamethrower
Thunder Wave/Reflect/Rest (in which case a berry will be used to cure sleep)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th July 2006, 04:26 AM
I mostly go for Boltbeam Clefable.

*Icebeam
*Thunderbolt
*Psychic
*Thunderwave

It's usefull for ingame, but whatever flows your boat :)

On the Ninetails/Flareon discussion:

Both have good Sp. Def. Flareon 110 and Ninetailes 100.

Flareon has very good Attack, 130 people! Combined with a 95 Sp.Atk which is above average. Ninetailes only has 81 Sp.Atk.

Flareon is by far the best choice, although the only thing he lacks is speed. I hope you can pick up the Flamethrower TM and raise a mighty nifty Flareon, if you still consider a fire type that is.

aragornbird
16th July 2006, 04:49 PM
I personally wouldn't have a normal type on my team, because it's not really good against any element

What? Normal types are AWESOME. A full power Return is stronger than Earthquake. Something fast and strong like Tauros can rip through teams.
Not to mention that Snorlax and Blissey are some of the most popular Pokemon because they can defend so well against Special Attacks.

Flareon is better in game because of its ability to sweep, while Ninetales is limited to only Fire attacks as its main move.

Ninetales
-Flamethrower
-Will-o-wisp
-Substitute
-Grudge

Flareon
-Shadow Ball
-Return
-Fire Blast
-Curse

I personally wouldn't use Rapidash because its got nothing on Flareon or Ninetales.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th July 2006, 02:15 PM
Meh, for Flareon. I'd use Faffa.

Flareon@Lefties.
*Shadowball
*Return/Bodyslam/Double-edge
*Quick Attack
*Overheat