PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth Battle Slot [Poll/Discussion]

Chris 2.1
9th July 2006, 01:30 PM
A couple weeks ago now we were discussing refs and the fact that there were too few refs to help the increase in battles. A genereal motion was agreed that we could scrap the fourth slot and keep it at three since most of these 4th slots were in actuality abandoned due to lack of a ref.

However looking in ASB I find most matches reffed, and the 4th slot has not yet been abolished.

I ask you, the refs of ASB, what you think about this. Would you want more work as the 4th battle slot is kept....or would you prefer it officially lowered? This topic is where I want you to discuss it. Please, if you feel anything (strongly or not) on either side please say so, but this is a mature discussion and there are any unnecessary arguments then you will be fined.

There we go.

In my opinion I want to keep the fourth slot. It is much better, but as someone who isnt a frequent ref I don't feel the after effects as much. I'm voting yes.

Ace64
9th July 2006, 01:41 PM
We seem to have a lot more reffing all of a sudden...Why did I think refs could only ref four matches at a time? Odd. Anywho, I said a month ago to get rid of it, but now, I'm thinking we should keep it. It's not like people are that impatient nowadays- I know I'm able to keep up with my reffings, as long as I keep a rotation kind of thing.

Dark Dragonite
9th July 2006, 01:51 PM
I agree, I don't know what the push was, but ASB is becomming hella-active again *shot*

I would like to keep that 4th slot, I'll probably keep it for fast matches(1-1, or no caps, or special things)

EDIT: If it got that horrible...I may try my hand at becomming a ref again...*scary*

Blademaster
9th July 2006, 01:52 PM
The amount of refs seems to have definitely picked up resently - I say keep the fourth slot.

The Blue Avenger
9th July 2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah. Keep it for now. If we've got the refs for it, why not?

Saffire Persian
9th July 2006, 05:13 PM
I personally think we should keep it. If a person doesn't want to participate in four battles at a time, then they don't have to. Plus, Refs are under no pressure to Ref battles they don't want to, so if they take more than they can handle, it should be their responsibility, not the people who made the battle.

And yeah, there's been a surge of new Refs *waves* so we're pretty good on that number. And all the Refs I've had havve been very reliable.

So.. Keep the fourth slot, yes. ^^

Hyperness is a Good Thing
10th July 2006, 03:36 AM
I voted to keep the forth slot.. even though I don't ref that often, I don't really see a shortage of refs as of now, and yeah, we've got new, hardworking refs and all ^^
plus I was looking for a battle to ref recently and couldn't find any that needed a ref, so that does say something right? =P

darktyranitar
10th July 2006, 05:02 AM
I voted that we keep the 4th slot. I think we have enough to ref the matches, and yes, the number of refs seems to pick up. I say we keep it.

Vermillion
10th July 2006, 05:18 AM
I voted No...mainly b/c I personally have a shortage of refs in my battles...as for me, I keep my reffing oppertunities small, doing 2 battles at a time, maybe 3 if I really need the points. I do like that more battles can be spread out but I have 1 battle that was abandoned, 2 that are moving slowly and a new one I can't judge yet. I do take in lateness of myself or my opponent posting attacks and maybe I just hit a slow time in ASB, but 3 battles are just easier for me to keep up with...Thats my piece...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th July 2006, 07:14 AM
I believe that 3 slots would do just fine. Get rid of the fourth slot IMO, but as most people say keep, just keep it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th July 2006, 04:43 AM
Sorry for double post, but hasn't this discussion been on here to long?

All, but one (me) IIRC say keep the fourth battle slot. Doesn't the majority win?

Chris 2.1
18th July 2006, 06:52 AM
Some people are away or some of the summer so I'm keeping it open a little longer so more people can get a look in. Sure I can't see a landslide change, but we'll have it open a bit longer,

Dark Dragonite
18th July 2006, 08:37 AM
I don't know how many active asbers there are, but 14-2 is looking good, vermillion also said no...

Andrew
19th July 2006, 01:04 AM
I like losing in 4 matches instead of 3!111

Charles Legend
19th July 2006, 07:54 AM
yeah I personly would like the forth slot to be kept...

~Charls Legend

Chris 2.1
24th July 2006, 01:21 PM
With a result of 17 in favour and 2 against, I am officially declaring the 4th Battle Slot will stay. I'll move this to the archive tomorrow and a note will be made in the next news topic (which will be coming soon)