PDA

View Full Version : I had a job interview today

Link
11th July 2006, 08:41 PM
And I was there for a good 15 minutes or so when the guy said some things to me about my previous job, told me that going to my tech school was really cool, and not to mention that they build whole computers for the company that I found really, really cool. I just hope that I get the 2nd interview already and don't blow it like I usually do with jobs. I felt confident going into and out of the interview, but you never know with people these days. I did find out that the program will be for 90 days and they will train me in whatever it is they train people in for their computer knowledge and expertise, but I just hope that I get the job soon and don't end up in a gutter lying with a bottle of Scotch any time soon....

Darkmaster Kagemusha
11th July 2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I just started a new job building Red Hat servers and Windows 2003 servers at Caterpillar, and I don't even have my certs or schooling yet. Basically, if you're confident, willing to learn, and have at least some knowledge of what you're doing, you're in. Good luck.

Link
12th July 2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah nice to see I am not alone in the computer business. Thank you.

Sceptile_Master
13th July 2006, 06:58 PM
Hey man I'm here to. I've been a freelance wbe designer for a while now. It's great cash in my own time. I like it. Although I only have got like 4 or 5 jobs so far I have a huge one going on atm which my pay is in the 4 figures for. I dunno how computer courses are in the US but I went for almost a year at one here in the UK (dropped out for the only thing I wnated to do... music) and the web design teacher needed shooting. He was absolute crap. My systems teacher has a hell of alot of knowlege though with computers... his teaching skills were what needed work. Never works both ways grr :S.

EDIT: Good luck man.

Link
13th July 2006, 09:50 PM
5 figures is better than 4 you know. :)

Darkmaster Kagemusha
13th July 2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, 5 is definitely better than 4. I just with the 5 figures I'm getting were a bit higher, but you can't have everything :P

Sceptile_Master
14th July 2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah but this 4 figures is just for 1 website. Which take slike a month.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
15th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Point taken