PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How did you come up with your names?

Crazy Elf Boy
13th July 2006, 11:58 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering how you came up with the names you use on this forum.

RedStarWarrior
14th July 2006, 04:37 AM
My current one is inspired by my love of Communism.

Of course, my views of Communism are Marxist and utopian...unachievable in reality.

Alucard
14th July 2006, 07:50 AM
With my origonal name, I was watching Batman at the time and Joker was on, so naturally I used that. With this name, I was watching Hellsing and felt like a name change.

I'm too lazy to think of anything witty or humorous.

Mega Horny
14th July 2006, 08:20 AM
I like my name. One day, my little bro asked me what a good username for a Pokemon forum would be. I spent a few minutes musing over it and decided on Mega Horny. Lol. Of course, he used it and gave it a bad name, but at least TPM is fortunate enough to not have to deal with him. I presume you all get the joke.

Silencer
14th July 2006, 08:33 AM
Most of the time Silencer is taken and so I take Silent[something] to my surprise it was still available here. Not sure how I came up with it though.

Knight of Time
14th July 2006, 09:05 AM
Hmm, I believe it's been a while since I saw a topic like this one.

I got my current name from a sort of hybrid, taking the Knight part from my old username of DarkPrince the Dark Knight, and the title that the video game character, Link had in the N64 titles (Hero of Time). From there, I just changed Hero of Time to Knight of Time, and that's simply how I got my new name, and besides that, this one isn't the masculine version of a certain girl's username, namely DarkPrincess.

'can imagine if she returned and called herself Knightress of Time'

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th July 2006, 09:29 AM
It's pretty obvious. I like Ghost-pokemon.

Number1ChanseyFan
14th July 2006, 09:40 AM
[color=magenta]Meh, I never really liked my username, but it was something I just kinda threw together, I guess because I liked Chansey. Actually, Celebi is my favorite Pokémon though. XD When I first registered for TPM, I didn't stress out too much about my username, because I didn't really expect to stay. I was just trying to find out how I could find a Heracross in my Pokémon Gold. Once I got my answer, I was just going to kind of fade away. However, this message board seemed special, and I soon became rather addicted to it!! I have thought many times about changing my name, but I have been here for over 5 1/2 years, and this is what everybody knows me as, so I just leave it as it is!!

.hacker
14th July 2006, 11:31 AM
My name stems from the .hack games. In the story, there are a group of legendary computer users called ".hackers".

Crazy
14th July 2006, 11:34 AM
I was lazy and didn't put much thought in my name. I really just slapped it up there, but I certainly have been called crazy before.

Inferno_Dragon
14th July 2006, 12:12 PM
Well, my name is based on one of Dark Sage's Duel Monsters creations. It is also because of my love of dragons.

SmearGal
14th July 2006, 12:29 PM
Smeargle is my favorite Pokemon, and I'm a girl, so clever pun makes me SmearGal.

~Smear

Blademaster
14th July 2006, 01:36 PM
My favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! card is the Buster Blader, so I tinkered with the name for awhile, trying to find something fitting - BBlader, Bladebuster, Blademan, Bladedude... I was almost gonna go with Bladedge, but then I heard about the Elemental Heroes, one of whom had that name... >_<

Finally, I said the Hell with originality, and I took the name Blademaster, which comes from World of Warcraft, is the name of a knife-sharpening company in Australia, has something to do with roller blades, and God-knows-what-else...

But on the plus side, I have my own website. And I didn't have to work on making it at all! :D :lol:

Arnen
14th July 2006, 03:39 PM
I actually started using this name on IGN, since I signed up there to use the Zelda boards. Nabooru was my favorite character from Zelda, plus my favorite number's 23, so yeah. And now I'm too lazy to change it like I want to XD

Tyler and Hobbes
14th July 2006, 04:10 PM
Actually I have no idea how I got my name.....umm.....I assume I made it that time when I set my house on fire (second time), but I could be wrong....Damn, never could be left alone with matches after that....

ashes1420
14th July 2006, 07:56 PM
I came up with my name because it's my nickname and I use it for everything I'm on. I didn't know if Ashes was available so I added my 1420 to the end, I was to stupid to check its avalibility. But I always have my 1420 at the end. I didn't realize the rezemalance to Ash ( you know, main charecter of pokemon I'd HOPE you'd know that) until later. Oh, and 1420 came from neopets. My birthday's on the 14th and it's also my favorite number, then it turned out to be taken and one of the alternate choice was Ashes1420. I hope I didn't bore you to death! :eek:

Chris Watarimono
14th July 2006, 08:08 PM
Well, to tell the truth, "Chris Watarimono" was a RPing handle of my Pokemon character that I used WAY back in the TLK.org and the Raichu Too/Rakurai forums. At first, I was known as Chris Katchum, based off of obviously Ash Katchum. After some time in the Raichu Too/Rakurai forums, I changed it into Chris Watarimono.

The name "Watarimono" was something I got when I decided to put "wanderer" in some japanese translation site. It's definitely not spot-on accurate, but it still holds significant meaning to this day, so that's why I'm still using it. Chris is of course my first name. XP

-Chris R.

Asilynne
15th July 2006, 04:46 AM
Asilynne is the name of my favorite character from my favorite soon to be anime that me and my sister are working on :D I use it for everything lol Some of my friends called me it for awhile in High school, and since I was unoriginal I used to name every single one of my characters Asilynne XD

Gengachu
15th July 2006, 10:25 PM
Gengar and Pikachu were(and perhaps still are) two of my favorite Pokemon, and I thought it would be cool if they were combined. So that's how I created my name. In retrospect. Raigar would have been a cooler name, but I like this one, too.

Crazy Elf Boy
15th July 2006, 10:36 PM
K I shall tell you the origins of my name.

I was kinda given this name by my friends cause I like Zelda and I am kinda short and a bit weird at some times. But its is also the name that I use in everything else, since it is a very uncommon name if you see a Crazy Elf Boy running round it is most likely me.

My other friends nicknames include

Arckinvale
Sir General Death Angel
Captn BooZe
Captn Snooze
and
Hells Angel

The Blue Avenger
15th July 2006, 10:58 PM
My name comes from a book called "The Adventures of Blue Avenger," in which at the beginning of the story the protagonist wakes up one morning and decides to change his own name from the decidedly average David Schumacher (heh, I may have spelled that wrong) to The Blue Avenger, and then to Blue Avenger after reflecting on how "The" would be a horrible first name. An awesome book; you should all read it.

Roy Karrde
15th July 2006, 11:24 PM
Back in the day I was looking for a name for a Pokemon Fan Fiction I was in the process of writing. I quickly flipped through a Middle School year book and remembered the name of a friend: Roy Wittington. So I used Roy as the first half of the name. Later on I adapted the Karrde name from a famous character in the Star Wars Expanded Universe, the guy's name was Talon Karrde. So I used the name Roy Karrde for a while, and then decided to change my Big Lutz name to Roy Karrde around 03.

The_Missing_Link
15th July 2006, 11:33 PM
I think back in 2002, I was envious of all those people that I thought had cool names so I decided to try my best and create what I thought was a cool name. I'm not 100% sure on this but Link had to do with the Zelda series and The Missing came out of nowhere. Don't know why I added the underscores since I hate it when people type T_M_L or The_Missing_Link (I mean god, TML is easier to type out) but I've been too lazy to change it

Hyperness is a Good Thing
16th July 2006, 06:43 AM
originally on this forum my nick was joltstorm ( >.> was and probably still am obsessed with jolteon)..
then I got bored of it, and due to an excessive sugar intake one day, decided to change it to what you see now... >.> Soon after, we weren't allowed to change our nicks anymore and I'm basically stuck with this overly long nick...but it's different I guess. >.<

Magmar
16th July 2006, 08:05 AM
I like your name, Hyperness XD

Well, I was like one of the first dozen or so people to register, so I figured, since I could have any Pokemon I wanted, I'd use //roll (or did I use a different randomizer?) and see what Pokemon I got, and I rolled 126. So, Magmar it is, although I don't remotely like Magmar. I'd like to change my nick (can we still do that?) but I don't know if people from days of old would be able to identify me as readily.

Dark-San
16th July 2006, 10:27 AM
[b][size=3]If someone had not noticed it, this topic sounds like it strongly belongs to the PCG topic. And also yes, Magmar you can edit your nick at the Binary section.

My nick used to be Darkyouth and it originated from a bot when I used to play CounterStrike. I had always wanted an unique name and Darkyouth sounds very special even though it is very unoriginal. Shortly after I returned from the board after a lengthy absence which is around mid 2005, I felt that there is a need for a nick change. It so happens that I was watching the anime D.N Angel around that time too.

Hence I swapped Darkyouth for Dark- San. Since there should not be any much of a nick difference and people would still recognise me since I had retain the word 'Dark'.

Cammy White
16th July 2006, 03:19 PM
Well I used to be '[^]Mew[^]' which is pretty self explanatory. I changed it to Cammy White when you could change your own then came back after a while and it was stuck like this! Wish it was [^]Mew[^] again...

Dark Dragonite
16th July 2006, 04:17 PM
My old PDN:
Crystal Articuno
I was deep into Pokemon Crystal at the time, it had just come out, and I love Articuno...

I changed my PDN back when we could do it ourselves...

Current PDN:
Dark Dragonite

I don't remember everything I was thinking, I was depressed, down, and I picked up the dark from shadow, evil pokemon...I do love Draggy though...

I don't mind keeping this PDN, although a few yrs back, someone came and registered with the name Crystal Articuno...I knew I should have copyrighted that...bastard...

Terälehdet
16th July 2006, 04:46 PM
It's Razor leaf in my native language.
I'm also at an other forum with this name but been there a lot longer of course.

Dark Scizor
16th July 2006, 07:02 PM
I don't actually remember, it's been so long :(

I remember why I came up with my original (and extremely lame tag) Mewtwo_the_great_destroyer though. That was combining Mewtwo and the nickname given to Duo Maxwell on the dub of Gundam Wing.

Starry Might
17th July 2006, 02:31 PM
It's Razor leaf in my native language.
I'm also at an other forum with this name but been there a lot longer of course.

That's pretty neat. What's your native language?

Anyways, I got mind from "Nintendo Power's" strategy review of the original "Pokemon Stadium" (March 2000 issue). The paragraph about Starmie in their "Recommened Rentals" section for the cup they were covering (I can't think of it's name right now >_<) was titled "Starry Might" (a play on "Starry Night").

Link
17th July 2006, 03:56 PM
Because I like this particular pokemon and the name stuck to me.

Mr.Pokemon
18th July 2006, 10:30 AM
I came up with my name after the minor character Mr. Pokemon (Oak's friend with the egg) in the Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. I assume he is largely forgotten by most game players.

mr_pikachu
18th July 2006, 02:55 PM
Well, I basically tried to register using several different, very obvious usernames. You know, stuff like "Pikachu" and "Ash Ketchum." Every time, I was rejected because somebody else had already taken the name. I tried a few other, slightly less common names (like "Pikachu1" or something), but to no avail. Finally, I said to myself, "I'm going to try one more name, and if somebody already has it, I'm going to give up trying to register for this place." But nobody had taken mr_pikachu (think: Mr. Pikachu), so I was an official TPMer. I've kept a tight grip on my name to this day.

Everoy
18th July 2006, 05:29 PM
On my first account:

Parsec's Politoed
My favorite Pokemon has always been Politoed, and my mom suggested Parsec for alliteration.

PBuG
Initials plus a u.

And, this new account:

Kevvaelli
Pendragon Book 7, The Quillian Games, there are two characters named Nevva Winter and Elli Winter. I changed the N to a K to make it slightly more masculine and combined them to make Kevvaelli.

Jeff
18th July 2006, 11:19 PM
Out of my usual laziness, I just used my real name. When I first registered though, "Jeff" was already taken (by someone with 3 posts) so I needed a different name. Back when I was in high school, it was popular for everyone to use the year they will graduate in their screen names, so I decided to do the same with my name here and thus I signed up as "Jeff 02". About a month or so later though I changed my name to "Jeff" (thanks to the admins deleting the dead account) but I still go by Jeff02 or some variation of it on some other sites.

kawaiispinel
19th July 2006, 07:15 PM
My first account some odd years ago was traceys_sweetheart, which I somewhat hate now because I'm really not that belligerently fangirly anymore. Obviously, Tracey was my favorite Pokemon character back then. (Still is, actually...)

This name, however, has been very close to my heart, because I use it everywhere. (You see some variation of this name anywhere, it's me more than likely.) It's a combination of the Japanese word "kawaii" (cute) and "Spinel" which is a type of very pretty gemstone, and also the name of Eriol's cat-like guardian beast in Cardcaptor Sakura.

Saffire Persian
19th July 2006, 11:51 PM
Saffire Persian and Belle Starlia are the only user names I really ever use.

Belle Starlia is just the name I almost always go by online. ^^ Belle is the name of my favorite cat who was very dear to me - had her for eleven years before she died last month, so meh. ^^ It's a very special name.

Saffire Persian orginates from 1. My favorite gemstone is a sapphire, but I don't like the spelling of 'sapphire' much and I wanted to be different, thus Saffire, and Persian, my favorite Pokémon (not to mention I'm a cat lover.)

midnightangel
20th July 2006, 02:27 AM
I came up with my username after listening to a 1980s hit by Pat Benatar called "Shadows Of The Night". I adopted the name and have used it ever since.

I've thought about changing my name--and did it--along time ago, but I went back to this one. It's a part of me-like my real name.

Drusilla
20th July 2006, 02:43 AM
Shadows of the Night is an AWESOME song! ^_^ I love Pat Benatar...

Ohh, wow... my original name was FireTrainerBella, because most of my favorites were fire types, and Bella because I was obsessed with the Redwall book series at the time, and Bella was a kick-ass badger lady. Then it was VampiricBella... then I began the long road towards what I am today with VampiricDrusilla, because one of the other members (Rayne, who is no longer around) said that I looked like Juliet Landau, who played Drusilla in the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Then it was Vampiric Drusilla TPM before I took my first LOA because of my moving and my parent's impending divorce (which took over two years, when all was said and done...). By the time I got back, we'd changed set ups yet again and we couldn't change our own PDNs without groveling at Suzie's feet (which should be done anyway!), so I just said fuck it and went with Drusilla.... It's better than my own name, cause it's of Latin origins, and it's not my own name!
>_>
<_<

...Yeah, gonna go to bed now...

Perfect Chaos
20th July 2006, 08:11 AM
Well, this has been and WILL continue to be my regular name. I'm a HUGE fan of Sonic the Hedgehog (first video game I EVER played was the original Sonic for Genesis when I was 3 years old). So when Sonic Adventure came out, of course I was hyped about it. I thought that Chaos was real bad-ass for a villain(better than Eggman [Robotnik] for a change) and his final form was known as "Perfect Chaos". So when I joined TPM, the name stuck to me and I signed on as that.

-Sean

Arnen
22nd July 2006, 12:27 AM
I now feel the need to explain my new name, because I'm bored and need something to do ^^;

Ok, I first came up with the name waaaay back in fifth grade, when I started playing this table-top RPG called Rifts. I couldn't think of a name for my character, and since LotR was the big thing then, I took the name Arwen and changed the "w" to an "n". Only later did I discover that it was an actual name - in fact, a variation of my actual name (Erin). So it's pretty much the name I use for everything now.

Magmar
22nd July 2006, 09:18 AM
lol I can reply twice, since I just changed mine!

I like ska. Hence the "rude boy".

God of Death
22nd July 2006, 06:00 PM
well, I got this screen name from watching Gundam Wing, where Duo proclaims himself as the "God of Death", and I liked it, so it pretty much stuck. I also use vampkiller56, which was from when I played Castlevania...

Kris
23rd July 2006, 01:55 PM
Meh, I'm boring. My name is my actual name!

Fett One
23rd July 2006, 03:45 PM
I'm a Star Wars fan which is where I got my name. I combined Boba Fett name with the name of his ship the Slave One to get Fett One.

MToolen
24th July 2006, 12:32 AM
Mine is the first letter of my first name and my last name put together. Thus, MToolen.

+conspiracy+
24th July 2006, 02:25 AM
well, on most places I use conspiracy or some whatever variation of it, but I like this one the best... much more creative than the other.... why conspiracy? well, just because its just a cool word to me :D

but on NB im -Aqua-/-Aquaman- now... pretty much because my mono water team is just godly =P

Shizo
25th July 2006, 03:58 PM
...I liked the sound of it?

No, seriously. When the forum switched to its current position, I could no longer use my username, Anjana's Halo, to sign in. It didn't like the apostrophe, apparently. So, to counter this, I made a new account. I was going to go get my other account's name changed so I could log in and use it, but eh. I decided I'd just use this one for now, so I accept the terms Anjana or Shizo in reference to me. Most use Shizo.

And seriously, I just liked the sound of it.

Cool Trainer Jess
25th July 2006, 06:51 PM
Me?Simple.I wanted to call my self a trainer.So that's it.

-/Deathborn/-
30th July 2006, 07:12 AM
Deathborn from F-Zero GX. Add freaky hyphen and slash and there you go.

I want to change my name to CommanderLock, though. Has a better ring to it. Plus, I already use it.

Erandi Brazul
1st August 2006, 12:52 PM
Usually my name derives from a book I am reading at the time. Dragonlance Chronicles, or Forgotten Realms...I take names and combine, like, three to form some weird sounding thing. Erandi...I think I just made that up cuz I wanted something beginning with E. Brazul actually came because I was and still am obsessed with the Brazilian soccer team! ;)

Cheesey
1st August 2006, 12:55 PM
I used to love cheese. Don't love it so much nowadays, but it's still a pretty good choice of food. And I like this name; there's no reason why I would change it, it's short, easy, and everyone knows me as Cheesey as opposed to my actual name :P

SupremeChampion
1st August 2006, 03:09 PM
[i]haha i dunno really... sorta came to me one day when i was thinking about registering... all the other names i tried were taken, so when i was sitting around, this one sorta just popped into my mind and i thought i'd give it a go. to my surprise, it was still availible. after that, it just stuck. i'll have been here for 5 1/2 years come the 10th of august this year, so i guess i really have no intention to change my name.

~The Italian Stallion

darktyranitar
4th August 2006, 11:11 AM
My username came from the name of a particular Pokemon card that is quite famous at the time I was registering. I guess I was a n00b back then to not capitalize my name. Yeah, I'm quite a Pokemon TCG fan back then (now, I'm not so much into it).

Master of Paradox
8th August 2006, 01:19 AM
The only name I've ever used here is Master of Paradox. I like the idea of paradoxes, so many of my screennames are based around the concept. Master of Paradox just sounded cool. (It's also reminiscent of another name I hold dear, Mr. Paradox.)

Other names I use on the Internet:

True Darem (my AOL name): I had created a series of now-defunct characters called Darems (short for Dark Redeemers), and the True Darem was their forefather. Too many people have asked if I meant "True Dream".

Man Called True (FF.n and many other places): One of the first names I began using in the place of "True Darem". Had a nice ring to it.

Mr. Paradox (many places): As I said, I like paradoxes. This name is older than "Man Called True"; I first used it for another message board, and it's my most common board-name.