PDA

View Full Version : DVD,VCD,CDR,CDRW,MP3, AVI WHA!?

homeofmew
14th July 2006, 05:46 PM
Problem 1: I have bunches of AVIs and MPEGs and other various video files.
I have a DVD Burner, I have Burnable DVDs disks (DVD R) How do I put my files on my DVD R so It plays like a DVD?

Problem 2: someone explain what VCD is, someone told me you can use it like DVD?

Problem 3: What is a good program I can edit videos in, or simply put music over an existing videos, you know like a music video or AMVs.

Problem 4: What is the difference between MP3 and regually burning a CDR?

Roarkiller
16th July 2006, 10:52 AM
Problem 1: I have bunches of AVIs and MPEGs and other various video files.
I have a DVD Burner, I have Burnable DVDs disks (DVD R) How do I put my files on my DVD R so It plays like a DVD?

-If you have a DVD burner, it should have an option to burn a video-DVD. Nero should have it. Not sure if it can burn MPG though, but you can try converting it into AVI or some other format. I found a good program here (http://www.avi2divx.com) that I found two days ago that should do the job (haven't tested it personally though).

Be warned though that the sides will be cut off when viewed on TV. So far no one has been able to give me any ethod to get around this.

Problem 2: someone explain what VCD is, someone told me you can use it like DVD?

-A VCD is simply a toned down version of a DVD, burned on a standard 700MB CD. So a movie would usually fit into two CDs. It's the most popular format here in my region. Most DVD players I know should be able to play VCDs too, but check just in case.

Problem 3: What is a good program I can edit videos in, or simply put music over an existing videos, you know like a music video or AMVs.

-No can help here, hon.

Problem 4: What is the difference between MP3 and regually burning a CDR?

-You burn an MP3 CD as a data CD, you burn a music CD as a music CD. If a CD player states that it can play MP3s, then MP3s burned in a data will be playable.

Just so you know, I used to have a Panasonic SL-SV550 until it broke down few weeks back, then I bought a 590. Good thing about both is that they play CDA, CD-R and CD-RW, MP3 CDs, and in addition to all that, a built-in radio.

[/quote]

youdontknowme
18th July 2006, 07:44 PM
Problem 3:
I assume that you're using Windows XP... If so, you can just use Windows Movie Maker.

Problem 4:
If you're gonna burn mp3's onto CD's, it's probably better to burn them as a data disc and play it on an mp3 cd player. If you burn it as a music CD, you'll have to carry around more CD's since it burns based on time, whereas burning it as a data disc burns based on megabytes.
Generally, burning as a music CD is better for quality rather than quantity. When you buy a CD, the music is lossless; it's high-quality, so to speak. mp3's are a "lossy" format, meaning that you lose data (this compensates for disc space so it's popular)
If you're gonna burn the mp3's as a music CD, I would suggest that you only burn it that way if playing it on a CD player is the only way you can play it back.