PDA

View Full Version : Can Tekkanin baton pass the speed boosts it gets from its characteristic?

TeamRocketElite
5th December 2002, 04:43 PM
Tekkanin's charatceristic causes it to get a speed boost after every turn right? Can these speed boosts be Baton Passed?

For example, You send out Tekkanin. For your first move you use Protect. Your opponent attacks and misses. Your speed goes up. Then you Baton Pass to another Pokémon, lets say Kyogre. Will Kyogre keep the speed boost or not? Also how much does it increse speed by?

RyuukoAremi
5th December 2002, 04:46 PM
Of course the special effects of Tekkanin's characteristic won't pass onto the next pokemon. The characteristic and it's effects stay with the pokemon. =P

TeamRocketElite
5th December 2002, 04:59 PM
I meant the actual boosts. Not the characteristic. It only works 6 times in a row, so I thought it would count as a passable boost like how the boosts from Agility can be passed on.

Pidgeot
5th December 2002, 05:23 PM
Characteristics cannot be passed, they stay with the Pokemon. Otherwise you could just somehow Baton Pass Nukenin's characteristic to that Dark/Ghost pokemon with No Weaknesses, so nothing could hurt it. Far too good.

Bellossom Boy
5th December 2002, 06:05 PM
Oh please! He was asking if the speed boost was passable,not the characteristic! He probably knows that you can't pass that ability to another Pokemon! And Nukenin doesn't learn Baton Pass,for your information. :mad:

Someone test this - train a Tekkanin to get Baton Pass,then have it use Baton Pass after its speed has maxed out. Isn't that easy? :P

TeamRocketElite
5th December 2002, 06:05 PM
I meant the bonus FROM the charatcerisitc. Not the actual charatceristic.

Raichu748
5th December 2002, 06:07 PM
But this is a unique characteristic...

To my knowledge, there are no other characteristics that enhance a stat of the pokemon each turn. The way it works, it might be able to be baton passed.

@_@;;

Then he'd be one of the ultimate baton passers!

Turn 1: Tekk goes first (he is the fastest pokemon) Double Team. Hopefully he doesn't get hit. Speed goes up.
Turn 2: Sword Dance/speed goes up
Turn 3: Baton Pass. Now the next pokemon has increased Evasion and Attack, an highly increased speed!

RocketScyther
5th December 2002, 06:07 PM
this guy IS NOT asking if the actual characteristic could be passed, but the speed boost from it, something much more reasonable. All it is is an in-battle stat boost, JUST LIKE Swords Dance, Agility, etc..., so I THINK that it would work. Whos willing to try it out?

IcyLapras
5th December 2002, 07:55 PM
Maybe if he doesn't learn it naturally, it is breedable.

HungryRivrHorse
6th December 2002, 12:00 AM
Quit being dumb and read it right.

Yes, Tekkanin's speed increases will be passed along.

A good support tekkanin moveset might be something along the lines of:

-SilverWind/WingStrike(?) (that flying move TM that never misses. I forget whether or not Tekkanin can learn it...)
-Swords Dance
-DoubleTeam
-BatonPass

Baton Passing seems pretty safe in this game, since Haze looks to be alot less common than in G/S/C.

Chrisodeo
6th December 2002, 09:45 PM
Nope, Tekkanin doesn't learn Beak Slash. But he does learn Silver Wing, the Bug equivalent to Bubblebeam. I think that would do, with some Swords Dancing.