PDA

View Full Version : ~-~Pokémon Trainer RPG~-~ LSUs welcome!

Arnen
27th March 2003, 08:30 PM
You are a beginning Pokémon trainer. One (or both) of your parents is a Gym Leader, and you seem to be expected to follow in their footsteps. ...It doesn't seem fair, does it?

Now two groups of criminals have appeared, each trying to change the world, "For the greater good of people and Pokémon everywhere." All that is known about them is they call themselves Team Aqua and Team Magma.

The rival teams pose quite a problem for beginning Pokémon trainers, stealing strong Pokémon and hurting those they dub weak. Will you be able to fulfill your dream, with the threat of losing your Pokémon partners?

It's pretty much the same story as R/S. Here's the form for LSUs:

~Name:
~Age: 10-15
~Gender:
~Parents: Which Hoenn Gym Leader/Elite Four member is your mom/dad? Two can marry, but no gay or lesbian marriages o.O Only available parents are Drake (kinda old... Probably a grandparent or something), Tate, Steven, or Wallace. ONE MORE THING, you will livein the town your parent is the Gym Leader of, or if they're in the Elite Four you can live wherever.
~Looks:
~Personality:
~Items: Anything from any Pokémon game. You can make one up, but I have to ok it first. Only five items to start, please (five KINDS of items).
~Starter Pokémon: Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko, or Electrike. Please include nickname, if any, and best move.
~Beginning team: Your team at its lowest level. Up to six Pokés, as usual, and must be unevolved (Pokés with baby forms may be the form after baby). Please include nickname and best move. NO LEGENDARIES!
~Ending Team: Your team at its highest level. Same as above topic, only they don't hafta be unevolved. Again, NO LEGENDARIES.
~Other:

~Name: Arnen
~Age: 13
~Gender: F
~Parents: Mom is Winona
~Looks: About 5'7", medium build, short, light brown hair, odd violet eyes. Wears a red sleeveless top and black flared blue jeans, with black boots with small heels. A silver necklace hangs around her neck from a black cord; it looks like a little dragon roaring at the sky.
~Personality: Oddly chaotic for her age, she often spends her time thinking things like, "If I were to kill myself, would anyone really care?" She is usually quiet, and if something bugs her, she either ignores it or thinks of violent ways to stop it.
~Items: Pokéballs (5), Potions (5), Acro Bike, TM40
~Starter Pokémon: Torchic
~Beginning team: Torchic (male. nickname: Ryu, best move: Ember), Carvanha (male, nickname: Jaws, best move: Bite), Tropius (female, nickname: Tropo, best move: Razor Leaf), Bagon (female, nickname: Flannery (what?!), best move: Dragonbreath as an Egg move, hatvhed from an egg), Plusle (male, nickname: Mia, best move: spark), Sableye (female, nickname: Sable, best move: Night Shade)
~Ending Team: Blaziken (male, nickname: Ryu, best move: Blaze Kick), Sharpedo (male, nickname: Jaws, best move: Crunch), Tropius (female, nickname: Tropo, best move: Magic Leaf), Salamandra (female, Flannery (I think it's cool name...), best move: Dragon Claw, hatched from an egg as a Bagon), Plusle (male, nickname: Mia, best move: Shockwave), Sableye (female, nickname: Sable, best move: Shadow Ball)
~Other: Whee! I found my CD ^-^ (no, this DOESN'T have anything to do with anything ^_^')

~`~`Arnen`~`~

Bleep, bleep bleep went my alarm clock. At least, until I picked it up and smashed it against the wall, it did. I heard mom yelling from downstairs. Something about having to hurryif I wanted to get to Prof. Birch's lab on time... Whatever...

WAIT! I sat bolt upright in bed, throwing off the covers. Even if I borrowed Swellow from Mom, I'd still be pretty late getting there! Oh, perfect!! I got dressed as quickly as possible and ran down the stairs. Mom tossed me a banana and Swellow's Pokéball as I ran out the door, swinging on my backpack. Outside, everyone was there to greet me. It was a big deal, I guess, when the Gym Leader's daughter left on her Pokémon journey. I looked around once more at the lofty treehouses of Fortree City, my hometown. I leapt on Swellow's back, and told him to fly to Littlerot.

OoC: I gotta go now, I'll finish my post tomorrow!

VirtualPlay
28th March 2003, 08:20 AM
~Name: Mike Rampart
~Age: 14
~Gender: Male
~Parent: Norman
~Looks: Tall and skinny, but not lanky and is stronger than he looks; he has slightly-tanned peach skin with short, dark brown hair, and deep green eyes; wears slightly baggy blue jeans, with a black shirt that has a thick red stripe around just under the arms, as well as red and white Running Shoes, a pure black cap, and black-framed sunglasses
~Personality: Very outgoing and fun to be around, tends to get along better with girls than guys; is not good at leading, but is glad to make suggestions
~Items: Ultra Balls (4), Super Potions (6), Mach Bike, PokéBlock Case, whatever is picked up

~Beginning team:
•Torchic (Fireguy — M) [Ember]
•Ralts (Ralts — F) [Confusion]
•Zigzagoon (Zigzagoon — M) [Headbutt]
•Sableye (Yamirami — M) [Astonish]
•Kecleon (Keccy — F) [Faint Attack]
•Pichu (Sparky — F) [Thundershock]

~Ending Team:
•Blaziken (Fireguy — M) [Blaze Kick]
•Gardevoir (Gardevoir — F) [Psychic]
•Linoone (Line — M) [Slash]
•Sableye (Yamirami — M) [Shadow Ball]
•Kecleon (Keccy — F) [Ancientpower]
•Raichu (Sparky — F) [Thunderbolt]

~Other: All your Other are belong to us

----------

Mike Rampart
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Beedeebeedeep! Beedeebeedeep!*

"Ugh…stupid alarm clock," I said, quickly (but nicely ;)) turning it off. "Why the heck did I set it so early?" I started getting up anyway. "I don't have to be any—" I stopped, remembering what today was.

"Ack! Don't wanna be late for my meeting with Prof. Birch!" I quickly got dressed, finishing by strapping on my red and white Running Shoes and fitting my black cap on my head. I grabbed my red bag on the way out of my room, snatching a quick breakfast from the pantry before running down the road to Prof. Birch's house.

'I hope I'm not late!' I thought as I ran up to his door and rang the doorbell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
feh…short…out of ideas…

Arnen
28th March 2003, 12:38 PM
~`~`Arnen`~`~

Flying on Swellow's back, I finally saw Littleroot Town below me. I tapped Swellow on the back, gesturing towards the Prof.'s lab. Swellow swooped down, landing right outside the door. I called him back, putting his Pokéball in my bag.

I walked into the lab. It looked like I was the first new trainer there. I sat down on a sofa, waiting for more people to arrive so I could get my Pokémon.

PrincessAdina
28th March 2003, 02:52 PM
~Name: Roxanne "Roxy" Jones
~Gender: Female
~Parents: Dad: Brawly
~Looks: Roxy stands about 5'3", with long blonde hair. She recieves this, from her mother. Her eyes, which she gets from her father, are a piercing blue. She usually wears a red tanktop with baggy black jeans, and combat boots. She isn't a scrawny girl, either, seeing as how her father is the Fightning gym leader. She has more muscles than most girls, but not enough so that it looks bad. She's often seen smiling..
~Personality: Roxy is really sweet, yet she loves fighting. She's mostly seen in the gym with her father, or out and about with Pokemon. She's very determined, and doesn't give up easily.
~Items:
-Super Potions (7)
-Pokeballs (5)
-Revive (2)
-Acro Bike (1)

~Starter Pokémon: Electrike (Spark - Thundershock)
~Beginning team:
-Electrike (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs078.png) (M - Spark - best move: Thundershock)
-Poochyena (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs010.png) (M- Chomper - best move: Bite)
-Spoink (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs110.png) (F - best move: Psychic)
-Seviper (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs124.png) (M - Viper - best move: Wrap)
-Swablu (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs121.png) (F - Cloud - best move: Wing Attack)
-Numel (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs101.png) (M - Flame - best move: Ember)

~Ending Team:
-Manectric (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs079.png) (M - Spark - best move: Thunder)
-Mightyena (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs011.png) (M - Chomper - best move: Faint Attack)
-Grumpig (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs111.png) (F - best move: Shadowball)
-Seviper (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs124.png) (M - Viper - best move: Poison Sting)
-Altaria (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs122.png) (F - Cloud - best move: Dragon Rage)
-Camerupt (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs102.png) (M - Flame - best move: Flamethrower)

~Other: Has a crush on Mike ((hehehe.. there's two.. who knows which one it is... :D))

Roxy Jones
^~^~^~^

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My alarm clock went off louder than usual today.. probably because I was supposed to get my Pokemon from Birch. I picked it up and threw it at the wall with much force, "Sleep.. must sleep.."

My father's Makuhita (http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs048.png) came in and began to shake my bed, "Makuhita! Maku!" he was telling me to get up.

"Ah go away Makuhita.. I wanna sleep.." I yanked the covers up over my head.

Makuhita turned and called out to one of the other Pokemon to come and wake me up. In came Machoke. He came in and picked me up out of bed and carried me down stairs.

"Hey you stupid Pokemon! Lemmie go!" I beat him on the back as he carried me down to the hallway. After shoving me into the bathroom, he shut the door, and refused to let me out till I was ready to leave.

After about five minutes I was banging on the door for him to let me out. Of course, he listened. I walked into the kitchen, tiredly. I was wearing my favorite red tank top with my baggy jeans and combat boots.

My father came in from the training room, "There's my future Pokemon master!" he came in and gave me a large hug, much like a Machamp would.

"Ack! Dad! Can't breath!" He let me go and I sighed, Parents.. oi vey.. I thought, standing up, "Ok.. yeah Dad? I'm gonna go now.. I'm probably gonna be late.."

He smirked and waved, "Good luck!"

I sighed, "Yeah.. thanks.." I grabbed my Acro Bike and rode off towards Little Root town.
~~
Arriving at Prof. Birch's house, I just sorta opened the door and walked in. There were several other people there, probably getting ready to get their new Pokemon too. I looked around, wondering where my best friend, Mike Froste, was..

^~^~^~^
Yay-ness..

PsychicHoundoom
28th March 2003, 06:21 PM
Name:Tidra Wolf
Parent:Mom,Elite four Glacia
Looks:Browm hair, brown eyes, black tank top, black pants, 5'5".
Pesronality:Quiet and sometimes comes of cold hearted.
Items:Pokeballs(5)
Potions(5)
Acro Bike(1)
Super Rod(1)
Yellow Flute(1)
Starter Pokemon:Treecko(female/nickname:Tera/Best move:Absorb)
Beginning team:Treecko(female/nickname:Tera/Best Move:Absorb)
Houndour(female/nickname:Zariel/Best Move:Ember)
Plusle(female/nickname:Mimi/Best Move:ThunderWave)
Minun(female/nickname:Nina/Best Move:ThunderWave)
Ralts(female/nickname:Belle/Best Move:Confusion)
Pidgey(female/nickname:Sage/Best Move:Gust)
Ending Team:Sceptile(female/nickname:Tera/Best Move:LeafBlade)
Houndoom(female/nickname:Zariel/Best Move:Crunch)
Plusle(female/nickname:Mimi/Best Move:ShockWave)
Minun(female/nickname:Nina/Best Move:ThunderBolt)
Gardevoir(female/nickname:Belle/Best Move:Hypnosis)
Pidgeot(female/nickname:Sage/Best Move:AerialAce)
Other:nope
__________________________________________________ __

'tap' 'tap' tap' 'tap'

I waved my hand around above my head to see what was tapping on my head. It was the newborn taillow that just hatched yesterday.
"Did mom send you up here to wake me up?" I seid in a drowsy hase.
"Chirp, chip."
I got up and got dressed and went down stairs to get some brekfast, and borrowed moms pidgeot in order to get to littleroot town.
When I got there, which didn't take very long, I told pegeot to go back home.
When I entered there where already some people, so I sat down and waited for the others if there where any.

Shadow Djinn
28th March 2003, 09:25 PM
~Name: Zera
~Age: 13
~Gender: M
~Parents: Sidney is his dad
~Looks: Looks like a birdkeeper from R/S but his vest is orange and his hair is black from his mom
~Personality: Loner, hates everybody even himself
~Items:Mach Bike, Potions(6), Pokeball(6), Oran Berries(7), Paralyz Heals(5)
~Starter Pokémon: Torchic(M) Nick: Blaze Best Move: Ember
~Beginning team:

Torchic(M)
Blaze
BM: Ember

Poochyena(M)
Nightshade
BM: Bite

Zigzagoon(M)
Ronar
BM: Headbutt

Carvanha(M)
Hydro
BM: BIte

Bagon(M)
Draco
BM: Headbutt

ABsol(M)
Shadow
BM: Razor Wind

~Ending Team:

Blaziken(M)
Blaze
BM: Sky Uppercut

Salemence(M)
Draco
BM: Double Edge

Absol(M)
Shadow
BM:Hyper Beam

Linoone(M)
Ronar
BM:Blizzard

Sharpedo(M)
Hydro
BM: Blizzard

Mightyena(M)
Nightshade
BM: Take Down
Other:

Gladiator
28th March 2003, 09:59 PM
~Name: Iro Black
~Gender: M
~Parents: Flannery (I like her, her hair has allure)
~Looks: He is a tall and athletic youth. He has an untamed, yet short, head of black hair, and has dark, piercing sapphire blue eyes. He often wears a black T-shirt with blue jeans, white sneakers, and blue gloves. He also has a red jacket with a green streak going through the middle and a big brown backpack.
~Personality: He is a highly intelligent character, but he is a loner. He is a hard worker and very generous. He treats his comrades like family. He also is helpful a lot of the time. He doesn't say much, but is often right when he talks. Has a weakness for candy
~Items:
Sewing Kit: Being the genius that he is, he makes personal backpacks for each of his Pokemon using this. (Imagine how frustrated his foe will be with all those berries. Actually it's mostly for the candy)
5 Pokeballs
5 Potions
5 Ether
Running Shoes
Wailmer Pail
~Beginning team:
Torchic (F), Fura: Ember
Wailmer (M), Typhoon: Water Gun
Seedot (M), Rammer: Bide
Zigzagoon (F), Bandit: Headbutt
Aron (M), Tank: Mudslap
Pikachu (M), Jolt (pronounced Zholt): Thundershock
~Ending Team:
Blaziken (F), Fura: Blaze Kick
Wailord (M), Typhoon: Hydro Pump
Shiftry (M), Archwood: Extrasensory
Linoone (F), Bandit: Ice Beam (she can learn it)
Aggron (M), Tank: Iron Tail
Raichu (M), Jolt: Thunder
~Other: He'll have other Pokemon. Just won't see them as much. He aspires to be a part-time Pokemon Candyman. Is also followed around by a Plusle and Minun (he doesn't own them) he calls Tristan and Tea, respectively.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first thing I remember hearing on the day of my grand trainer's exodus was the roar of my father. Now that was a voice even an Exploud could block out, and it certainly woke me up good and ready. I got into the shower, changed clothes, and got everything I needed for my adventures in less than five minutes. When Dad got mad, you did EVERYTHING quickly.

I bound down the stairs to see my mom, Flannery. Her red hair was done as it usually was. Her style of clothes changed to befit her age, but she was still the person my father had married (or so he told me). I gave her a hug and went up to my father, a giant of a man. I mean GIANT. He stood a good seven feet and six inches and looked like an older replica of me only with dark brown eyes that could bore a hole into your soul. He gave me a quick smile and handed me one of his Pokeballs. It held his star Pokemon from HIS trainer days, a Skarmory called Gierfried.

I ran out the door called out his Pokemon and asked him to FLY me over to Littleroot Town. He quickly obeyed and I was off in no time and landed in the Town in no time as well. I ran quickly to the professor's lab.

Sakura12
29th March 2003, 05:26 AM
Name: Sakura Weasley
Parents: Tate is mum
~Looks: Rather tall for her age, and quite skinny too. Has long black hair reaching past her waist, and bright blue eyes. Usually wears a pink top and blue shorts, with black running shoes and a pendant in the shape of a gryffin on a black leather cord around her neck.
~Personality: Cheerful most of the time, but when she or her Pokemon are insulted, you better watch out.
~Items:
- 5 Pokeballs
- 5 Potions
- Acro Bike
- 5 Revive
~Starter Pokémon: Torchic/Bunsen Best Move: Ember
~Beginning team:
- Torchic/Bunsen/M
Move: Ember
- Poocheyena/Shadow/M
Move: Bite
- Ralts/Veela/F
Move: Confusion
- Lunatone/Lupin/M (Given by Mother)
Move: Confusion
- Swablu/Cloudy/M
Move: Fury Attack
- Wingull/Watery/M
Move: WaterGun
~Ending Team:
- Blaziken/Bunsen/M
Move: Sky Uppercut
- Mightyena/Shadow/M
Move: Crunch
- Gardevoir/Veela/F
Move: Hypnosis
- Lunatone/Lupin/M
Move: Explosion
- Altaria/Cloudy/M
Move: Sky Attack
- Pelipper/Watery/M
Move: HydroPump
~Other: None
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I woke up with Dad knocking on my door.
"Wake up honey! Gotta go to Littleroot town to get your new Pokemon!"
My eyes snapped open. "Comming dad!" I quickly got dressed in a pink tank top and blue shorts, and ran down the stairs into the kitchen. Mom and Dad were already there, eating breakfast.
"Best to be off quick, Sakura! There might not be much of a choice left when you get there. I think I'll lend you Abra. Sorry I can't go with you. I believe some trainers are comming to earn the Mind Badge today, and Liza can't do without me!"
I smiled at Mom. She was a Gym Leader. My relatives were so excited when I'd told them I was going to be a trainer. They told me I was going to be just like my mum. I hoped I could live up to the pressure!
I finished my breakfast quickly, then, after a quick goodbye, hug and kiss to my mum and dad, I used mum's Abra to Teleport to Littleroot Town...

Toxicity
29th March 2003, 08:27 AM
~Name: Laura
~Age: 12
~Gender: F
~Parents: Mother: Phoebe(I chose her first at sign-ups.... ._.)
~Looks: Unlike her mother, she has hazel green eyes and chin length dark brown hair. Inherited extremely pale skin from her dad, but got a slight, but small tan from Phoebe. Usually wears a black hoodie, navy-blue khakis, blackish running shoes, silver rimmed, black tipped, oval lensed glasses(nearsight-ness....@_@), and a silver chain necklace with an icy blue ankh.
~Personality: Silent and depressive. Intelligent, but a goth. Can be anti-social, but is kind-hearted to her pokemon and her friends(If she ever will have any in the RPG....O.o).
~Items:
*Poke'Balls(7)
*Full Heal(2)
*Super Potions(5)
*Mach Bike
*TM30(Shadow Ball....Keeps it until she catches Starlite...Then uses)
~Starter Pokemon: Mudkip(f/Sakura, Best Move: Water Gun)
~Beginning Team:
Mudkip(f/Sakura, Best Move: Water Gun)
Swablu(f/Izumi, Best Move: Peck)
Cacnea(m/Shidaki, Best Move: Leech Seed)
Vulpix(f/Meilin, Best Move: Ember)
Pichu(f/Tomoyo, Best Move: Thundershock)
Ralts(f/Starlite, Best Move: Confusion)

~Ending Team:
Swampert(f/Sakura, Best Move: Surf)
Altaria(f/Izumi, Best Move: Dragonbreath)
Cacturne(m/Shidaki, Best Move: Faint Attack)
Ninetails(f/Meilin, Best Move: Flamethrower)
Pikachu(Refuse to evolve to Raichu :P)(f/Tomoyo, Best Move: Thunder)
Gardevoir(f/Starlite, Best Move: Psychic)

~Other: ....

~*~Laura~*~

-BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BE....-

"Shut Up already!!!" I screamed as I turned off the dumb alarm clock my dad bought me for my eleventh birthday, 7:00 AM, Good time to wake up.....I slowly changed into my khakis and black shirt, I then pulled over my hoodie and put on my necklace. After getting my shoes on, I walked to the kitchen for breakfast, my mother already laid out my cereal for me.

"Good Morning, Laura...." My mother, Phoebe of the Elite Four, said to me slowly, "You better hurry, Your dad's already prepared to take you to Littleroot.

I nodded and started to eat my cereal, I looked out the window, this might be the last time in a while for me to see my hometown, MossDeep City. After I finished, about 10 minutes later, I grabbed my backpack and walked outside.

"Laura, Remember!" My mother called out from inside, "I also gave you a Shadow Ball TM for your journey, also some Super Potions, Full Heals, Poke'Balls, and a Mach Bike."

"Thanks!" I replied back and walked towards my father, waiting nearby with his Salamence out(not related to Drake...just has a Salamence...O.O).

"You ready to go, Laura?" He asked, I nodded and we both got on his Salamence. As we left solid earth, I looked down at the ocean, feeling the excitement of the ocean under my feet. About 30 minutes later, we arrived in Littleroot in front of Prof. Birch's lab. Before I walked in, my dad gave me a pat on the shoulder, "Remember, try your hardest and you'll succeed someday...."

I smiled, and waved at my dad as he got ready to go back to MossDeep. I walked in and slowly breathed, and stood behind the sofa.
~*~~*~~*~

EDIT: OOC NOTE#2: Tate is a guy!!!! @____@:End OOC

EDIT: OOC: ._.; Gomen Nabooru23.....I'll make it better next post.:End OOC

Arnen
29th March 2003, 10:10 PM
OoC:
Sakura12 and Gothic Latias: That's kinda not how everyone ELSE is gonna be getting their starters...

~`~`Arnen`~`~

The waiting room was quickly willing up with would-be trainers. I bet none of 'em came from a family of Gym Leaders. (o.O) I had something to work for!

An intercom sounded from somewhere in the lab. A voice, I guessed Prof. Birch's, came over the intercom.

"Attention new Pokémon trainers! Please make four lines; one for each starting Pokémon you would like. The lights," lights lit up above four little windows along one wall, "Represent Torchic, the red, Mudkip, the blue, Treecko, the green, and the yellow is Electrike. Please line up in an orderly fasion and I will be with you shortly."

Shrugging, I stood up from the sofa, walking over to the window with the red light flashing above it. I noticed that a lot of the other new trainers lined up behind me. Heh. At least I wouldn't be unpopular :rolleyes:

Sakura12
30th March 2003, 01:11 AM
OOC: Sorry, Nabooru! I'll try again!

After hearing the announcement, I lined at the window with the flashing red light, behind a short girl with light brown hair. There were a couple of other trainers behind me. It seemed that Torchic was rather popular.

I looked at the girl in front of me. She seemed quite nice. I decided to introduce myself to her...

"Hi there! My name's Sakura! What's yours?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't ignore me.

PsychicHoundoom
30th March 2003, 11:59 AM
I lined up in the lane to get a treecko, looking over at the torchic lane I started feeling pretty lonely, but quickly snapping out of it, after all what would my mother say if I chikened out just because most people here would have an advantage against my pokemon, after all, my mom didn't become an elite four member by refusing to battle people who had an advantage over her pokemon, so I won't either.

Toxicity
30th March 2003, 12:19 PM
~*~Laura~*~

After the Proffessor told us to line up in certain lanes for our starters, I slowly took a deep breath and walked to the lane with the blue light and sighed, I felt alone. I looked at the huge line in front of the torchic lane...Seeing how many newly beginning trainers there were. Meh...What could I say? I dare to be different...
~*~*~*~*~*~

Gladiator
30th March 2003, 02:11 PM
OOC: Out of curiosity, can we interact with NPC characters. I'm planning on getting Iro a (or an) NPC traveling companion. Also, because no two animals are the same, I will make changes to my Pokemon's physical appearance.

Iro
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I moved quick, I needed to. If I were last, then I might not get the Pokemon I want. I turned to see the other lanes. Not many were getting Mudkip or Treecko. I wonder why it was so popular? My choice was somewhat based on my Mother's preferences, I suppose, though my father's skill in melee combat was also another factor. As I reached the end of the lane, I grabbed the Pokeball that would contain my new Torchic. According to the sign, it was female, something I am going to have to consider.

I got out of the lane and moved to one of the benches in the lab. I opened out my Pokemon to view my new companion. She stood about an inch taller than the standard and was a dark red, too. I stared down at her, and her inquisitive emerald green eyes looked back at me. Her eyes seemed to hold a fire to it, like she wanted action. Several moments passed.

"I'm Iro Black." I finally said. She acknowledged my greeting with a quick chirp.

"I don't want to continually call you Torchic, you need a name."
"Torch!" She chirped in the affirmative.
"I kind of like Fura. It seems to suit you." I decided. This was followed by several cheerful chirps from the Pokemon now named Fura as we began to exit the door.

"You want to stay in the Pokeball or would you like to walk alongside? Chirp once for 'yes' and twice for 'no'," I turned back to her.
"Torch!" came her fast reply as she began strecthing out her legs. Apparently, it had been awhile since she was out of that Pokeball.

PrincessAdina
30th March 2003, 02:52 PM
Roxy Jones
^~^~^~^

I looked between the three lights, pondering which I should take. I shrugged and walked to the yellow one, Electrike. I was the only one in the line, and I could really care less... I was original. I picked up the pokeball, and released my new Electrike. I smiled, it was adorable.

He looked at me and tilted his head to the side, "Electrike?" he looked kinda confused.

"Yeah.. right.. Uhm, sorry.. I can't speak Pokemon.." I grinned, "You need a better name... ah, I know.. I'll call you Spark.."

Ok, so my pokemon choice was original, but my name sure wasn't. Eh, whatever.

I tried to return him to his Pokeball, but he kept jumping out of the way. I put my hands on my hips, "Will you get in your ball?!" Again I tried, but wasn't successful, "Grr.... stubborn little bugger, you are.."

"Elect!" He said happily, taunting me.

"Oi.." I muttered, putting my hand on my head.

Shadow Djinn
30th March 2003, 03:37 PM
I guess Im accepted

Zera

Oldale Town. I lived there with my dad and mom . I loved playing with dad's Absol. I wanted one, I believed dark was the strongest type. only fighting could beat it, but there were ways to overcome the weakness. Enough rambling. Today was the day I went to Prof. Birch's lab. Wait..it was! I slid on my backpack and said buy to my dad. He said something back but I was already on my bike and gone.

" If you want Torchic, go to the red lane." Prof. birch said off the intercom. I got in the red lane quickly. I wanted Torchic. When it was my turn, I took a red ball and walked out of the lab.

Arnen
30th March 2003, 05:26 PM
~`~`Arnen`~`~

"Hi there! My name's Sakura! What's yours?" I heard someone say behind me. I whirled around and saw a girl slightly taller than me with black hair. Oi, she was perky...

"Arnen," I said flatly. The window clicked open, revealing a man I could only guess to be Prof. Birch.

"Hello," he said kindly, "I'll need your name and the town where you live for your Pokédex, please."

"Arnen, and I'm from Fortree City," I informed him.

"Ah, so your WInona's girl, are you? Here," he handed me my new Pokédex. It was a sort of pale purple color, my favorite. "And here," he handed me a red Pokéball with a symbol of a flame above the release button.

"Thank you," I said, walking back to the sofa. I pressed the release button, and out popped my new Torchic. I noticed he was a slightly lighter shade of orange than normal. I flicked open my Pokédex, pressing a button labeled, "Pokémon Status." I pointed it at Torchic, and a screen came up.

Torchic/Torchic
Type: Fire
Moves: Ember, Scratch, Peck

"Hmm..." I said, reading it over, "How 'bout a nickname, then? Houw 'bout... Ryu?" I asked. He chirped ahppilly, flapping his little wings. "Ok!" I entered Ryu into the nickname entry, and pressed ENTER. The first "Torchic" on the status screen changed into "Ryu" "Ok," I said,"We better get home, then. Mom'll wanna meet you :)" I strode from the lab, releasing Swellow outside. "Oh, wait, I'd better..."I pulled out Ryu's Pokéball, pointing it at him, "Rturn!" I said. The beam hit him and bounced off. I tried again, and again, but he didn't seem to want to return to hiss ball yet. I shurrged, gathering him up in my arms. I climbed onto Swellow's backa nd told him to fly home.

Sakura12
30th March 2003, 10:15 PM
~*~ sAkUrA wEaSlEy~*~

"Arnen," the girl told me, in response to my question. She took her Pokemon from Professor Birch, and left the queue. I moved up.

"Hi!" he said to me cheerfully. I smiled at him. "I think I know you. You're Tate's daughter, Sakura, right?"

I nodded. He continued, "You look a lot like your mother! Except your eyes. I believe they take after your father's... Speaking of your father, he was a great trainer. Your mum married the right person! So... You want a Torchic? You can have this one. It's a male!" He handed me a Pokeball. "And you can have a Pokedex in the colour of your choice!"

"I'd like a pink pokedex please!" I told him. Pink was my favourite colour.

"Okay then, here you go!" Professor Birch gave me a pink Pokedex. "I wish you success in your journey!"

"Thanks, Professor!" I left the queue, sat down on a sofa and pushed the release button of my Pokeball. A hyper Torhic jumped out.

"Torch!" Torchic chirped happily, hopping around. I started to laugh.

"You're adorable," I told her. "I should give you a nickname..." I tapped my chin thoughtfully.

"Hmm... How about Bunsen?"

"Torchic!" Torchic chirped happily.

"Okay then, Bunsen, I suppose you don't want to go back into your Pokeball, huh? It's rather cramp in there, I suppose..."

Toxicity
31st March 2003, 05:52 PM
~*~Laura~*~

I looked up at Prof. Birch, well, I was the only mudkip-choosing person there, wasn't I? I slightly smiled as Prof. Birch told, "Well, Hello Laura. I guess you wish to have a Mudkip.....It's strange, especially how you are the daughter of Phoebe. I can tell by your hair color and slight tan...."

I nodded and he handed me a blue Poke'Ball with a crystal water droplet....He grinned, "Dun worry, The one you're taking is female, also since I know your name, tell me your hometown for your Poke'Dex."

"MossDeep."

I opened the Poke'Ball and a small Mudkip that was an icy blue instead of regular blue appeared...She smiled innocently, And I got an icy blue Poke'Dex from Prof. Birch. I checked Pokemon Status, and checked on the Mudkip:

Mudkip/Mudkip
Type: Water
Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Water Gun

She looked innocently at me, a presence telling me she wanted to be named.....

"Hmmm.....How about, Sakura." Sakura grinned and used a water gun up in the air in happiness, I looked at her status, it now said Sakura/Mudkip. Before I turned back and left, I had Sakura in my arms and I bowed my head in gratitude to Birch, "Arigato." I left excitingly, Sakura in my arms, as I looked ahead towards the upcoming route....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gladiator
31st March 2003, 06:23 PM
Iro
I quickly got out of the lab and released Gierfried to take us home. I didn't really need a Pokedex, Dad being the major industrialist that he is, he would probably give me his own version. As I approached Gierfried, I heard a shrill chirp coming from Fura. She was cowaring behind my leg, obviously intimidated by the giant Skarmory.

"Gierfried, we got ourselves a passenger, go easy." he nodded with a slight smile, probably remembering his first encounter with a Charmeleon, not his most favorable experience. I then turned to my new Pokemon.

"Don't worry, Fura. This is Gierfried. He's a friend, he won't hurt you," I told her. She nodded, still not quite satisfied, but sated for now. She got under my right arm and I lifted myself onto Gierfried's back. Like a jet, he was off.
Moments later
We landed back in Lavridge Town. My mom and dad already outside to greet me. I quickly got off Gierfried, recalled him, and then tossed the PokeBall back to Dad. I then got Fura to perch on my shoulder. I introduced her to my family.

"Fura, this is my mother, Flannery, and my father, Robert," she gave a pleasent chirp to Mom when I spoke her name, but when she saw my giant dad, she bolted back to behind my leg. I just had to sweatdrop.

"It seems that she's afraid of me," my father nonchalantly responded. I informed him that she was afraid of his Pokemon, too.

PokeGuru
31st March 2003, 08:18 PM
~Name: Paul
~Gender: Male
~Parents: Patricia and Lance
~Looks: Brown hair and blue eyes tall handsome
~Personality: Nice average and will aim to always win.
~Items:9 poke balls,Berry,2Potions
~Starter Pokémon: Chickorita,Charmander,Totadile,swinub,snubbull,Tog epi
~Beginning team: CHarmander Lvl7,Totadile Lvl6,Swinub Lvl8,Snubbull Lvl5,Togepi lvl8
~Ending Team: Charizard Lvl 98,Feraligator Lvl 97,Pillowswine Lvl 90,Snubbull Lvl 95,Togepi Lvl99

Paul Is standing in his parents home as he gets ready to head out and go on his adventure.Paul thinks,I hope this is everything i have thought it would be! He runs outside and shouts goodbye to his parents in Violet City.He then Begins going down route 30.

Arnen
31st March 2003, 08:31 PM
OoC: Ok, a couple of things, Guru. 1) this takes place after Ruby and Sapphire, not Gold and Silver, as you seem to think. 2) Here's a list of new Pokemon. (http://pokemasters.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=210&page=1) 3) This takes place in Hoenn, so you wouldn't be running down Route 30.

Sorry, but you're not in :no:

VirtualPlay
31st March 2003, 09:30 PM
Mike Rampart
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got in the red line, last place. Despite living practically right next door to Birch's Lab, I had just barely gotten there on time. After everyone else had gotten their Starter, Birch turned to me.

"Name and Hometown for your PokéDex, please," he said.

"Mike Rampart, here in Littleroot," I said, knowing what was coming.

"Alright then…wait, you're Mike? Norman's son?" I nodded. I knew Birch and my dad were great friends from a while ago. I just hoped he didn't expect too much of me. "Well, I hope you get to be at least as great as him someday." So much for that hope…

"Anyway, here you are…" He handed me a red PokéDex and a red PokéBall that had a small flame on it. I opened the PokéBall and out came a Torchic. He looked up at me with a straight face. I clicked open my PokéDex and pointed it at him.

Torchic/TORCHIC
Type: Fire
Lv5 (M)
Ability: Blaze
BOLD nature
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Peck

I looked down at the little fire chick. "I think you need a name…how about…" I groped for ideas, settling my eyes on the type and gender that was active on the PokéDex, "…Fireguy." He gave me a content face, so I pointed my PokéBall at him and it sucked him in. I checked the PokéDex and saw that "Fireguy" had replaced "Torchic" in the nickname slot.

I clutched Fireguy's PokéBall. 'Well, at least I won't have to worry about keeping him in check…' I thought, remembering the other trainers who couldn't get theirs to stay in the PokéBalls.
~~~~~~~~

Toxicity
1st April 2003, 06:26 PM
~*~Laura~*~

Before I was about to leave Littleroot into the Wilderness of Route 101, I spotted my father and mother nearby, my father's Salamence behind him.

"Hello, Laura...." My mother said, slightly smiling, "It's nice to see that you and your Pokemon are starting to get along..."

I nodded, Sakura smiling at both of my parents.

"Well, that really is a nice Mudkip you have there....What's her name?" My father asked me...Also smiling.

"Sakura...." I replied silently.

"Good choice of name," My mother said, "It suits her perfectly."

I smiled, right before my father told me, "Well, we ought to go now, Your mother is expected to challenge a few trainers today..." And both him and mom got onto his Salamence and left.

"Sayanora....." I said silently, waving at them as they left towards Ever Grande......I looked at Sakura in my arms....She smiled and leaped down to my side, as we continued towards the Route ahead....
~*~*~*~*~*~

Sakura12
1st April 2003, 10:42 PM
[color=deeppink]~*~sAkUrA wEaSlEy~*~

Just then, my cellphone rang. It was Mum. I answered it.

"Hello, honey! Have you gotten your pokemon?" Mum asked.

"Yeah," I replied happily. "I've got a male Torchic now! It's name is Bunsen."

"That's nice! Well, you should be starting off on your journey now. I'll be waiting for you in Mossdeep to earn my badge!I've got to go now." With that, Mum hung up. I put my cellphone back into my sling bag, and gathered Bunsen up in my arms.

"Hmm... Where to now?" I wondered, walking out of Professor Birch's lab. "Maybe we should just follow the path..."

Gladiator
2nd April 2003, 04:34 PM
Iro Black
After I had introduced Fura to my parents and got a Pokedex, a black one, from Dad, I pulled out one of my dad's other Pokemon. I was going to use Arrow the Swellow because he didn't come off as threatening.

Sadly, Dad's Pokemon all seemed to carry the same vibe. It took a few hours to make it back to Littleroot, but I got there eventually. I already had an idea for my opening team. The Gym Leader in Rustboro used Rock-type Pokemon. I would need me a Wingull and Shroomish, but also for eventual type balance I would also get me a Seedot, Wurmple, and Zigzagoon. I will still at least catch me every available Pokemon in the area.

I quickly tossed back the Pokeball that held Arrow. Then, to my surprise, he dropped two Pokeballs out from under his wing, caught his, and then flew off. Since both of us were curious, Fura and I opened up the Pokeballs. I instantly recognized them.

Dad's two Cheerleaders: Tristan the Plusle, and Tea' the Minun. Named as such because cheerleading was all they did and neither did anything to advance the story (no offense you guys, I still like the characters). To anyone else, they would be cute. To Fura, well, I won't state the obvious. Attached to Tristan was a note indicating to me that they were not mine to train, just there to follow me and check up on me.

"Crud, does he not think I can't do this on my own?" I said. Their response was that look you get when you ask something you already knew the answer to a.k.a. the 'duh' look.

"Oy," I moaned and Fura chirped in agreement. This would be a long trip.

"Well, no time to complain. First let's catch us that Zigzagoon. I here that it sometimes can find some uber items," I said as I ran into the grass. Almost on my first try, thank goodness, I managed to run into a wild female Zigzagoon.

"Alright, Fura, we need to go easy on it. Scratch it!" I called out. Fura quickly responded, running at the Zigzagoon, then jumping at it to claw it with its feet. It took the blow hard, but responded well by pinning her down with a Tackle.

"Okay, she's got you on the mat, Ember it in the face, go light though." I called again as Fura did what she was told. She took a slight breath and unleashed a small little flame into the Zigzagoon's face. We caught it by surprise that time, but we also managed to burn it. A little longer, and the burn would do most of our dirty work. I decided to wait it out and commanded Fura just to use Growl. She did this for awhile until the Zigzagoon looked like it couldn't take another burn. Then I immediately pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it at the Zigzagoon. Being as badly injured as she was, it only took a second. She was mine.

I decided to call my new Zigzagoon, Bandit, and then headed back to Littleroot. I heard there was a woman who would heal any trainer's Pokemon. Afterwards, I would give her one of my custom Pokemon backpacks that I was sewing up so that she could carry extra items on our journey. It would save me a load in storage.

PsychicHoundoom
2nd April 2003, 04:57 PM
After I got my pokemon I let her out so I could introduce myself. She was a darker green color.
Tidra:"I think I'll name you Tera."
Tera:"Tree!"Then I oppened up my pokedex to get the info on her.

Tera/TREECKO
Adamant nature
Ability:OVERGROW
Attacks:Pound, Leer, Absorb

Tidra:"I guess we should hit the road."

Shadow Djinn
2nd April 2003, 07:28 PM
Zera

I let out my Torchic as soon as I got out of the lab, and it chirped happily. I leapt on my bike and aimed my pokeball at Torchic. Torchic dodged the beam, and gave a chrip. I guess he didnt want to go in. I let him stay on my shoulder, and headed back to Oldale tOWN.

After showing dad my Torchic I headed towards Route 103. Suddenly, a black and white puppy popped out of the bushes barking. A Poochyena.
" Torchic Peck!" I yelled. Torchic flew foward in a zigzag motion and pecked the Poochyena on it's head. The Poochyena countereed with a Tackle then a Bite. Torchic was a bit hurt, but still ok.
" Torchic, er...Scratch!" I said, not having used my pokedex. Torchic's eyes blazed and he chirped angrily. He didn't scratch the enemy, he fired a stream of flames at it, burning the Poochyena.

Toxicity
3rd April 2003, 04:07 PM
~*~Laura~*~

As I entered Route 101, It reminded me.....I forgot to read Sakura's nature! I checked my Poke'Dex again and looked for nature: And under her attacks, I saw that she had a QUIET Nature. Well, at least she would be like me in some way :rolleyes:. I closed the Poke'Dex and continued walking onward, Sakura closely following. After a few minutes of walking through grass that was up to my hips, I realized it was a coincidence, I haven't been through a Pokemon encounter.....Until a wild Poochyena leaped up and growled menacingly at Sakura, my first wild battle! She leaped in front of me and used Tackle, which inflicted some damage on it. The Poochyena Tackled back and also inflicted damage. Sakura Water Guned it and it was at half health. Poochyena tackled again! Sakura Growled at it and, yet again, the Poochyena tackled her, inflicting less damage than before, but Sakura was now at half-health. Sakura Water Guned again and it fainted, Sakura gained Experience Points! I used one of the potions my mother had given me before I left to restore Sakura's health. I continued ahead, and I encountered a few more Poochyenas and a Tailow or two before I reached the point where I was out of tall grass....It meant I was close to the next town!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~