PDA

View Full Version : What's your least favorite Pokemon?

Blademaster
16th July 2006, 09:59 PM
To complement Android Mewtwo's famous post just next to this one at the moment, I decided to ask a question that I've been pondering for some time:

What Pokemon do you just loathe the most? More than one is fine, but please provide a little entertainment for the rest of us by explaining why. :D

My least favorite, personally, has to be Rattata, simply because I'm just so sick of seeing it everywhere in the games. Other high-on-the-low-list Pokemon for me include Mr. Mime (Clowns creep me out. -_-), Pinsir (It's an ugly Bug with lousy moves.), and Hoppip (A bunch of floating Grass thingies... I want my BB gun back... :cry:), as well as anything that's appeared on the show more than 264 times.

OK... next?

-Blade

Terälehdet
17th July 2006, 02:56 AM
I don't like Rock/Ground type pokemon much. They're not that elegant
and are very weak against grass and water types.
I don't really dislike any but my least favorite is Onix

darktyranitar
17th July 2006, 06:52 AM
@BM: Wahh! You hate Hoppip! Err... what's a BB gun?

Okay, I only have one Pokemon that I dislike the much. You want to know?

It's... Luvdisc the pea-size and pea-brain Pokemon!

Heald
17th July 2006, 07:36 AM
Ground types are worth running sometimes due to their invulnerability to Electric attacks, but usually only worth running if they're dual-type. Most rock-types are dogshit.

Pichu is worthless. Ooh, baby pokemon? Who gives a crap.

In fact there are well over a hundred Pokemon that aren't needed, or are only there for fodder to give to other trainers.

And yeah, all too common Pokemon like Rattata, Zigzagoon, Zubat. They all suck.

Silencer
17th July 2006, 11:27 AM
I dispise all the R/S pokémon. Don't know why but they just appear like copies to me. I think I put up an entire post in ASB so if you want my motivation it is there.

The only R/S pokémon I like is meditite and medichamp.

SeleucusII
17th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Dodrio, i hate that pokemon with a vengance, for some reason i can't quite figure out, but whenever i see one anywhere i just turn away in disgust.

Blademaster
17th July 2006, 12:35 PM
Faiz: ...Are you messing with me?

Well, maybe I misspelled it; a BB gun is a rifle that shoots little metal balls instead of bullets. It's not too strong, but it stings like Hell if you get hit with one.

And now that I think about t, I instantly don't like that creepy new Electric Pokemon that looks like a mutant Electabuzz: Buzz is a great Pokemon, and they had to make it turn into that... thing.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th July 2006, 04:39 AM
Most RSE pokemon, but out all of those I hate Milotic the most.

Heald
18th July 2006, 02:41 PM
Oh yeah, Plusle and Minun. They're both crap and no one gives a shit about Double battles.

Magmar
18th July 2006, 03:00 PM
I hate Zubat. So annoying. Golbat and Crobat too.

I also strongly dislike most of the fire Pokemon. I like Growlithe/Arcanine, but I really can't stand Magmar either. I wish they'd get their asses in gear and change my user name! -_-

Cool Trainer Jess
20th July 2006, 10:41 AM
Magikarp. :mad: :mad:It's so usless.In my gold version it couldn't faint one single pidgey on level 12 and it was on level 17! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alucard
20th July 2006, 12:25 PM
Tentacool. I was sick of running into the fucking things when I used to play Red.

gameboyjunkie
20th July 2006, 02:56 PM
Mine is Magikarp Because it's So Weak

Inferno_Dragon
20th July 2006, 03:03 PM
I never liked Rattata. I only caught to add to the PokeDex but I never use it or battle it. It never seemed like a pokemon to really use. I mean there was nothing special about Rattata.

gameboyjunkie
20th July 2006, 03:04 PM
oh yeah 3 more is Goldeen even with horn drill it never hits, torkoal because it has the lowest speed in the game, and Delcatty because it never learns any moves after you use a moon stone on it!

gameboyjunkie
20th July 2006, 03:08 PM
in fact most pokemon in the game are as useless as fighting Lv.2 Against a Lv.99 The higher pokemon always win!!!

mr_pikachu
20th July 2006, 03:18 PM
1. Horn Drill is an OHKO move, and is a difficult move to use without a lot of planning in a moveset (and besides, OHKO moves are banned from many tournaments).

2. Torkoal isn't supposed to be fast. That's not its important stat.

3. Clefable, Wigglytuff, and probably others have the same problem. (Exeggutor, maybe? And I'm pretty sure Starmie at least used to...) That's why you teach those Pokemon the moves you want them to know prior to evolution.

4. Lv. 2 vs. Lv. 99 is indeed idiotic. That's why choosing Pokemon carefully is only important when you're fighting at the same (or a relatively close) level. In-game, it doesn't matter outside of Battle Tower/Frontier.

5. The Modify button is your friend. ;)

While I don't hate it, I do find Zigzagoon (and consequently, Linoone) a bit annoying sometimes. It's a lot like Rattata, where it's just everywhere. The problem is that one can really come in handy for the Battle Pyramid. See, you need 1 Linoone, but not 1000! The things are everywhere, regardless of level. Argh!

Crazy Elf Boy
20th July 2006, 04:21 PM
Pichu is worthless. Ooh, baby pokemon? Who gives a crap.

I quite like Pichu and its funny antics on SSBM

I love Zigzagoon and Linoone cause if you got a pokemon with Theif *cha ching*.

My most hated pokemon would have to be Ludisc I mean its the most useless pokemon ever. It looks like a kidney bean.

Houndoom_Lover
21st July 2006, 04:56 PM
AAAH! I loath Replacement Pokemon. For example: Swellow and Tailow replace Farrow and Searow. The whole Wurmple family! They replace Butterfree family, Beedrill family, Venonat family! And then Skitty and Decatty, un hello- pretty verson of another well loved cat family that talks on the TV show.

Cool Trainer Jess
21st July 2006, 06:35 PM
At least magikarp evolves into a garados(please correct me if my spelling is wrong) not useless! :dance:

lordsalamence
22nd July 2006, 04:10 PM
I loathe ALL of the ice-types.Since I am a dragon-user they get in the way of my training pretty frequently.And that's why I teach all of my pokemon flamethrower.They won't know what hit them.Hehehe.}:)

Crazy Elf Boy
22nd July 2006, 07:05 PM
I loathe ALL of the ice-types.Since I am a dragon-user they get in the way of my training pretty frequently.}:)

So I am a dragon user as well and most other dragon pokemon kinda tick me off. Cause Dragons are weak against themselves (Seriously who would have thought that up :eek:).

Magmar
23rd July 2006, 09:41 AM
So I am a dragon user as well and most other dragon pokemon kinda tick me off. Cause Dragons are weak against themselves (Seriously who would have thought that up :eek:).

Probably the same person who made Psychic pokemon weak against themselves in the TCG. Then again Ghosts fall into the Psychic category as well.

If you ask me, besides the Zubat-Golbat-Crobat, I also strongly dislike Jynx. It's the dumbest Pokemon ever. It's basically a walking herpe that kisses everything it sees.

lordsalamence
23rd July 2006, 09:54 AM

they just did that because the dragons would be WAY too strong if they werent weak against themselves.

Venuskazam714
24th July 2006, 02:15 AM
i really hate those worm pokemon. and magikarp

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
24th July 2006, 06:20 AM
I dislike all the Pokémon that pop up all the time while you're doing a trip through the grass or surf on the water. You know, those Pokémon you beat with both hands tied to your back but still they pop up again and again, every few seconds you waste a minute going to the fighting screen and defeating your pathetic foe. Tentacool comes to my mind here.

Everoy
24th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Weedle, Tentacool, and Zigzagoon are my top three hated pokemon...

Phoenixsong
27th July 2006, 03:02 PM
Me hatey the Regithings. I know they're good and all, but they're... just... not... Pokémon! They're rocks with bad acne, and I fail to see what's appealing about that. I also generally don't like defensive things (i.e. Cradily, Dusclops, the evil that is Blissey and Shuckle)... if it can't knock something out unless it blows up or it gets an obscene amount of training then I can't stand it. Forgive me for sounding strategically simple, but I'm impatient and I like fast, hard-hitting things.

...Now, storyline-wise the Regis are actually pretty cool; Regice, in particular, appeals to me as a character if I give it a certain history/purpose. They just don't belong in the game. That's what they need to do with stuff like baby Pokémon and annoying things that look stupid but have cool backstories: not include them in the game. Make them appear in other things, like TV and toys so they can still get the marketing out of them, but stop cluttering up my Pokédex and boxes!

By the way... Magikarp, Tentacool and baby Pokémon are not the most pointless Pokémon ever. That honor (or dishonor, rather) belongs exclusively to National Pokédex ID Number 201: Unown.

So you have to waste box space on at least three different copies of the same thing to get an Unowndex in GSC, which lets you see hard-to-read words that are spelled in Unown. Wow! Look! That one spells "Find!" And that one spells "Bear"! That one even spells "XXX", which isn't a word unless you're trying to be lewd! That's SO AWESOME! They're a waste of box space, Pokéballs (and therefore money), and most of all time. If you really want to spell words with Unown (and most people don't) then go download the Unown computer font... the Crystal version website might even still have it. Just don't make me catch 26/28 pieces of pointlessness just for the sake of completeness! And they're terrible, too... the fact that they can only ever have one attack would be fine if it actually did something decent, like Ditto's Transform. But the vast majority of the time their Hidden Powers are going to suck because of how hard it is to catch Pokémon with even mediocre IVs. So you can't use them, therefore making it even more ridiculous to catch them. Seriously... WHY do these things exist?!

Of course, I should point out that I don't actually hate Unown (I do find the concept irksome, though)... they're another Pokémon with great story/fanfic potential. The Unown movie also happened to be one of the not-actually-that-bad ones (as far as I'm concerned the movies all sucked except for 2000, parts of Mewtwo Returns and the Gotta Dance short in Jirachi Wishmaker). I have intellesting plans for them in meh ficcehs... if DP could do something to make these guys useful then they'd be all right, but they're currently THE most POINTLESS Pokémon EVAR. The end.

Oh, and back on topic... the Pokémon I truly hate most is... is... either Roselia or Nosepass. Or Bonsly. Eeeeeviiiill!

Foguet
28th July 2006, 06:57 AM
I agree that the Regis are out of place in the games... In fact, it is them that I loathe the most. I don't mean anything bad by saying this, but heck, it is SO OBVIOUS that they were just included to put something about Braille in them. Solution? Draw a pile of rocks, steel or ice, put a few dots on it and ta tah! You've fulfilled your promise to the European Blind Union!

What will be next? A wheelchair Pokémon? Or a pile-of-amphetamines Pokémon with "don't take drugs" written on it? And the worst of it all is that they are legendaries after all...

Link
29th July 2006, 04:21 PM
I don't really like Rattata.

Everoy
29th July 2006, 05:00 PM
Oh, and back on topic... the Pokémon I truly hate most is... is... either Roselia or Nosepass. Or Bonsly. Eeeeeviiiill!

Roselia *seizure* Roselia is teh awesome.

A pokemon that I completely forgot about because I was blinded by my hate for it is Farfetch'd I hate, hate, hate, hate it. Gah. Even its name sucks.

SoulflameNinetales
29th July 2006, 10:48 PM
I don't hate a lot of pokemon but's heres my hate list

- Weedle
- Magikarp (or as a prefer to call it, Magikrap)
- Dunsprace (it gets my wtf? award)
- The Regi's except Regice(runner up for wtf? award)
- Clamperl and its evos (third in my wtf? award)

Personally i'm actually quite fond of the annoying common pokemon such as Rattata and Zigzagoon. im fact, Zigzagoon and its evo are one of my faves(due to thier extreme versitility).

Magmar
30th July 2006, 12:41 PM
I agree that the Regis are out of place in the games... In fact, it is them that I loathe the most. I don't mean anything bad by saying this, but heck, it is SO OBVIOUS that they were just included to put something about Braille in them. Solution? Draw a pile of rocks, steel or ice, put a few dots on it and ta tah! You've fulfilled your promise to the European Blind Union!

What will be next? A wheelchair Pokémon? Or a pile-of-amphetamines Pokémon with "don't take drugs" written on it? And the worst of it all is that they are legendaries after all...

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO. Because blind people can really play Game Boy. And I mean that in the least offensive way possible.

Another Pokemon I hate is Parasect cuz it's so stupid looking.

Metallixs Girl
1st August 2006, 01:06 PM
[color=mediumpurple]I don't really like Lotad and Lombre. There are more, but they are mostly R/S/E Pokemon.

What's wrong with Roselia? She's my favorite grass Pokemon ^^

Hatake Kakashi
1st August 2006, 01:19 PM
I just wanna punch Cleffa incredibly hard. Or Igglybuff.

Its'(Cleffa) very existance infuriates me. And Igglybuff, I'd just punch it really hard because I imagine it'd make an adorable squeeking noise if you hit it hard enough.

Charles Legend
2nd August 2006, 09:30 AM
now that I think about t, I instantly don't like that creepy new Electric Pokemon that looks like a mutant Electabuzz: Buzz is a great Pokemon, and they had to make it turn into that... thing.
I think it is an Oni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_%28Japanese_folklore%29) more then Elekid or Electabuzz ever were. ;)

A pokemon that I completely forgot about because I was blinded by my hate for it is Farfetch'd I hate, hate, hate, hate it. Gah. Even its name sucks.

Dude Fartetch'd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamonegi) is based on the meal Duck with leaks (http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=644562), futher more there is a legend in japan about a duck who who fetches green onion for a person, if only to bring it back to be cooked with the duck himself. oh just so you know Farfetch'd may beweak but that did not stop me from using in on my ASB team besides I like pokemon with legends behind them... ;)

and if I must dis like a pokemon then it wouyld be Sableye because the one Dark Dragonite owns beat me in TTT in the ASB...  :mad:

~Charles Legend

Everoy
2nd August 2006, 11:52 AM
Dude Fartetch'd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamonegi) is based on the meal Duck with leaks (http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=644562), futher more there is a legend in japan about a duck who who fetches green onion for a person, if only to bring it back to be cooked with the duck himself. oh just so you know Farfetch'd may beweak but that did not stop me from using in on my ASB team besides I like pokemon with legends behind them... ;)

It's no like that makes me like it more, that fact that it's based on food might even make me like it less.

Magmar
4th August 2006, 03:16 PM
I hate Salamence. I abuse them night and day.

*Sorry, had to add it*

Farfetch'd may be annoying, but hey, at least there's only one ;-)

frylock
5th August 2006, 02:21 PM
I don't like Salamence that much either. He's just a Dragonite rip off, and he's not that good to use against other people, because everyone basically knows all it's good moves. No suprise.

lordsalamence
5th August 2006, 04:51 PM
[color=mediumpurple]I don't really like Lotad and Lombre. There are more, but they are mostly R/S/E Pokemon.

What's wrong with Roselia? She's my favorite grass Pokemon ^^

ummm....didja know roselia can be male too?

lordsalamence
5th August 2006, 04:57 PM
I don't like Salamence that much either. He's just a Dragonite rip off, and he's not that good to use against other people, because everyone basically knows all it's good moves. No suprise.

umm.. but salamence can learn rock slide which, if you think about it, dragonite is a dragon\FLYING pokemon, and like, the last time i checked,flying was very weak against the rock-type.AND dragonite cannot learn that move, so, therefore, salamence can easily kick a dragonite's fat ass.

Kyuubi
5th August 2006, 07:50 PM
I truly hate Blissey - at least she's the only Pokémon for which I can find many *important* flaws. Yeah I know she's really useful when it comes to strategical battling, but even there, she's so overused...

I mean, there are not a lot of heal bellers, I know that, but there's at least Miltank...(which I actually do dislike, though not nearly as much as I loathe Blissey). Not that Bliss annoyed me as an 'un-defeatable' Pokémon, there are some quite good counters to her; the only fact of seeing her in nearly every team, with the same moveset everytime (oh, no, there are actually people making a difference between using her with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy... I don't.)... that's (one of the reasons that explain) why I stopped battling a year ago.

Then, Bliss is so... pink. I don't use it only to describe her color scheme - although I admit pastel-ish pink is my least favorite color. I mean, her attitude, nearly everything in the '(lack of, imo)character' they gave her is... pink. Like in 'we all live in this wonderful world where everybody is cheerful and caring'. I don't really loathe plushie-like thingies trying to become a virtual 'mother figure' and always making people happy just by smiling at them, but it gets a little boring at times. And she's 100% female! er, I did not intend to give my feminist views a place in my opinion on some Pokémon... well, it still kinda makes me angry at times to see every 100% female Pokémon being a mother figure or something like that, and every 100% male Pokémon being a warrior.
It's a binary point of view... and I think we should reserve binary thinking to computer science :)

There are some other Pokémon I dislike - Miltank, the Latis, Mightyena(it deserved better stats!), Suicune, Pichu, Cleffa(her crappy English name. Pii isn't that better actually, but oh, well.), Nidoran(both genders), Umbreon and Espeon (only when they are together. I mean, the dark, mysterious, 'so cool' Pokémon and its brilliant and so kind alter ego... too stereotypical maybe.), and some others, for various reasons I wouldn't like explaining as I don't like writing too much in one post. Especially in a post on a what-is-your-(favorite/least favorite)-(pokémon/type/attack/etc) subject. I still explain my opinion though, I am just not really comfortable with doing so for eight... nine Pokémon...

Magmar
5th August 2006, 08:39 PM
umm.. but salamence can learn rock slide which, if you think about it, dragonite is a dragon\FLYING pokemon, and like, the last time i checked,flying was very weak against the rock-type.AND dragonite cannot learn that move, so, therefore, salamence can easily kick a dragonite's fat ass.

Nobody was talking about comparing the moves on Dragonite to Salamence, you dumbass. Dragonite can always learn Blizzard, too, so quit being an asshole.

One other Pokemon that I really don't like, not for using, but just the way it looks is Exeggutor. Seriously, it's very original if you think about it--a walking palm tree with talking coconuts--but the name (Exeggcute is dumb as well), the stupid faces on those eggs... I just wanna smack Exeggutor in her face.

frylock
5th August 2006, 09:10 PM

but Dragonite can learn Ice Beam...And kill your Salamence while it's using Dragon Dance to "set up"

Blademaster
5th August 2006, 09:15 PM
Shut up! Enough! All of you!

You guys are arguing over whether Salamence or Dragonite is the better Dragon - do you realize how foolish that sounds?

After all, we all know the gnarliest Dragon around is Flygon. :lol:

Metallixs Girl
5th August 2006, 09:49 PM
ummm....didja know roselia can be male too?

[color=mediumpurple]LOL! Yes I do, I was just thinking about my purple-rosed Roselia when I typed that. ^_^ So I will correct myself and say "it's" my favorite grass Pokemon. :)

And on that note, I have to add that I hate Sunflora simply because they put it in Emerald instead of Roselia. >_<

lordsalamence
6th August 2006, 06:46 PM
[color=mediumpurple]LOL! Yes I do, I was just thinking about my purple-rosed Roselia when I typed that. ^_^ So I will correct myself and say "it's" my favorite grass Pokemon. :)

And on that note, I have to add that I hate Sunflora simply because they put it in Emerald instead of Roselia. >_<

ya, i just wanna set that thing on fire.

Magmar
6th August 2006, 07:30 PM
I just wanna set you on fire. Oops did I say that out loud?

...okay, I'll stop now. XD

Everoy
6th August 2006, 09:09 PM
There are some other Pokémon I dislike - Miltank, the Latis, Mightyena(it deserved better stats!), Suicune, Pichu, Cleffa(her crappy English name. Pii isn't that better actually, but oh, well.), Nidoran(both genders), Umbreon and Espeon (only when they are together. I mean, the dark, mysterious, 'so cool' Pokémon and its brilliant and so kind alter ego... too stereotypical maybe.), and some others, for various reasons I wouldn't like explaining as I don't like writing too much in one post. Especially in a post on a what-is-your-(favorite/least favorite)-(pokémon/type/attack/etc) subject. I still explain my opinion though, I am just not really comfortable with doing so for eight... nine Pokémon...

Okay, I will bite. Now, I'm fine with your Blissey rant (I'm not a Blissey fan) but Miltank, Mightyena, Pichu, Cleffa, Umbreon and Espeon are all in my top fifty. So... *bitchslap*

I was so pissed when looking at Psypokes' Roselia entry and saw the lack of Roselia in Emerald >_<; I'm trying to get all 386 (minus game-specific legendaries) in Emerald assisted by my DS and Diamond or Pearl (more likely Diamond).

frylock
7th August 2006, 05:33 PM
I have a couple pokemon I don't like I'll list a few....

Rattata: Why would anyone use one? No reason.So what's the point? they give you low experience and just fail at functioning at basic levels!

Minun & Plusle...
nintendo guy 1: Lets make some really interesting new styled electric types with good movesets
nintendo guy 2: No way look, I took a picture of Pichu and made it thin and did some basic color changes and look at these guys... Two Pikachu ripoffs that have crappy movesets and aren't worth using!
Nintendo boss: Nintendo guy 1 your fired I want bad movesets and unreliable stats with cute little stories and minitoons about these little mongrels! NOW!!! ARGH!!

Aerodactyl: The only reason I don't like this guy is he made my fire type monotype nearly impossible....

Numel: He just annoys me.

Latias: He looks like some smiley loser he is weak against ice and there are too many good or better pokemon weak against ice so including him means you probably won't be balanced.

M main dislike of pokemon though is from crappy pre-evolutions and pokemon who exist to not be used EX: caterpie, metapod, weedle, rattata, etc.

And I'm sorry about the whole Salamence/Dragonite argument. We all know what the greatest dragon is anyway....Diglett.

SoulflameNinetales
7th August 2006, 09:36 PM
Ok for me to summerize of all the 2nd page that have been mentioned and my opinion of them all

Weedle - Hate it with a vengence
Tentacool - Annoying, but isn't a bad battler when you train it up right
Zigzagoon - I cannot dislike a pokemon that has Pick Up as a trait, and it looks ok
Cradily - Not greatly fond of it, but average in my my opinion when it comes to fossil pokemon.
Dusclops - Agreed, I don't like it much. Same as its pre-evo.
Blissey - Annoys me to tears somethings.
Shuckle - Lost some favour with me when it lost its ability to turn Berries to Berry Juice, but I don't hate it
Unown - A useless catch due to the fact its too weak and only has one move. It could at least do something if you have the Unknown to spell out one of those words...
The Regis - A sad effort at making a legendary trio.
Farfetch'd - I like its uniqueness.
Parasect - Dislike it
Lotad and Lombre - A pokemon that I personally like, but not like the looks of after evolution
Cleffa - Damn useless it you ask me.
Igglybuff - Damn useless it you ask me. And I hate it too.
Sableye - Like it a lot.
Salamence - Sad copout really, A dismel near replica of Dragonite for those who love Dragons.
Miltank - One of my favourites of the 2nd Generation (G/S/C)
Mightyena - Granted crap stats but it still looks cool and still scores high in my book
Suicune - My fave legendary of all
Pichu - Cute but not my fave pokemon. One of the better of the babies.
Nidoran(both genders) - I like the femal more than the male. I have found them invalueable when training teams.
Umbreon - If I wasn't so much a understanding person, I'd slap the fool silly who dissed it. Umbreon is 2nd on my faves list.
Espeon - Same opinion as for Umbreon, but falls down in the top 10 or so.
Exeggutor - Granted, its looks are crap but its a surprisingly good battler and I respect it for that
Sunflora - Personally, I like Sunflora more than some others like Roselia.
Aerodactyl - I love Aerodactyl! Its my fave fossil pokemon
Numel - I agree. It sucks bigtime
Latias - I like Latias a lot. I prefer Latias over Latios
Rattata - I really like Rattata, and I believe that its evo its worse then it.
Plusle & Minum - A real disappiontment really. I prefer Minum over Plusle

Shut up! Enough! All of you!

You guys are arguing over whether Salamence or Dragonite is the better Dragon - do you realize how foolish that sounds?

After all, we all know the gnarliest Dragon around is Flygon. :lol:

Couldn't agree more! :cool:

I have a couple pokemon I don't like I'll list a few....

Rattata: Why would anyone use one? No reason.So what's the point? they give you low experience and just fail at functioning at basic levels!

I used to use one all the time years ago. Used it (and its evo)right up until the 2nd Generation (G/S/C) where i last used to as a ghost slayer and psychic killer. Still got that old Raticate too on my Gold Version. I eventually replaced it with Flareon which had more punch.