PDA

View Full Version : GAME: INFESTATION (Round 3) (M.A.)

Heald
20th July 2006, 04:59 AM
K, for mods, this is another TWG/AM/WT/Mirage spin-off.

Infestation

A foreign object hit the Nevada desert in the evening. It was transported to Area 51 for examination, but somehow an accident occurred and whatever was inside the object has escaped and killed all the scientists working on it.

The ‘Alien’ is a shapeshifter and has made herself look like another soldier. She has the power to lay eggs that hatch and the hatchling must infest a human host to survive.

Area 51 has been put under lockdown. No one can get in or out. The objectives? For the unlucky soldiers – to hunt down and eradicate the alien threat. For the alien – to survive the witch hunt and escape to the outside world.

Daytime

The alien cannot operate in the open and so is vulnerable. All the soldiers collate their suspicions and at the end of the day one unlucky soul is executed and then the autopsy is performed, revealing whether they are alien or not.

Nighttime

The soldiers retire to their billets and sleep. However, the alien and her hosts operate.

Soldiers

Private – No abilities apart from a daytime vote.

Medic – Can send a PM every second Nighttime (beginning Nighttime 2) to the host to administer a drug to any player. If the player has not been infested, no harm comes to them. If the player is infested, they die instantly.

Sniper – Is on watch at night and can send a PM to the host to guard a player of his choice from any Alien attack once per Nighttime. All Alien attacks against the chosen player will simply fail for that Nighttime.

Commando – Out to hunt Alien scum. Can send a PM to the host every Nighttime to watch one player. If that player participates in an Alien attack, there is a 50% chance of catching and killing that player.

Sergeant – Has been delegated the role of interrogating the other soldiers. May send a message to the host every Nighttime to interrogate a soldier and find out their role (either Alien or Human).

Major – The head of the soldiers and so has his own private security. If aliens attempt to Kill or Infest the Major during Nighttime, he has a 50% chance to catch and kill one of the aliens.

Aliens

There is one Alien at the beginning who is always the Queen. As the Queen she has the power to infest. The Aliens can only use these abilities at Nighttime. The Queen also starts with an already infested soldier, picked at random. Only the Queen can infest.

Infest – Lays an egg. The hatchling will target a player of the Queen’s choice. The Queen must send the PM on behalf of her brood to the host to designate the target. If the Queen attempts to Infest, the aliens cannot attack this Nighttime. The first Infestation has a 100% chance of success (except against a Major). The second Infestation has a 25% chance of failure. The third Infestation has a 50% chance of failure. Any subsequent Infestation attempts have a 75% chance of failure. Also, once half of the players are dead, failed Infestations have a 50% chance of having a random Alien caught and killed.

Kill – The aliens go out and kill. 25% chance of success if only one alien. 50% chance of success if two aliens. 75% chance of success if three or more aliens. If the attack fails, there is a 50% chance a random Alien is caught and killed. If the Aliens attempt to kill, they cannot use Infest this Nighttime.

Everytime a player is successfully infested, they randomly bear the traits of one of the breeds of Alien from the Queen’s planet. Here they are :

Shadowmorph – A master of disguise. If killed by Daytime vote will register as a human in the autopsy.

Johrmaid – The Queen’s loyal helper. If the Queen is caught during a Nighttime attack, the Johrmaid will take her place in death.

Brutash – If caught during a Nighttime attack will survive death.

Scyrocles – If killed by Daytime vote has a 50% chance of killing at random a player who voted for him.

Clairras – Has a 50% chance of escaping any ill-effects of human nighttime abilities.

Mentare – A manipulator. Will choose the loser of a Daytime vote tie, even if he himself is one of those concerned in the tie.

Parascule – A parasite. The host is unaware that he is infested but for all intensive purposes is counted as an alien. The Queen can send a PM to the host at Daytime to change the vote of the Parascule’s host without him realising it. If the Queen dies, the Queen can select another Alien to manipulate the Parascule.

Due to the alien’s weak psychic link, she can only successfully maintain control of two host bodies at a time (excluding herself). If there are more than three Aliens (including the Queen), every nighttime there is a 50% chance one of the host bodies at random will try and wrest control from the Alien, in which case the other Aliens have no choice but to kill the host body.

Other Notes

The Infestation does not occur until the time that Nighttime ends and Daytime begins. This means that if a human is targetted by either the Medic or Sergeant during a Nighttime they are infested, they will register as human.

Victory

The Soldiers win if they eradicate all the Alien and all her Host Bodies.

The Aliens win if they outnumber the Soldiers.

1 ) No voting neutral twice in a row
2 ) No vote except on first Daytime = 1 Doom
3 ) 3 Dooms = Automatic Death
4 ) No editting posts
5 ) Posting contents of PM = Automatic Death
6 ) Revealing your role publically = Automatic Death
7 ) Bold your votes please
8 ) Daytime and Nighttime are both 24 hours (roughly), so a full cycle is 48 hours (roughly)
9 ) Can corpses AKA dead players keep their comments to a minimum, and may under no circumstances give any players any help or advice.
10 ) At least 4 players must cast a non-neutral vote at Daytime 1 for a lynching to occur; subsequent Daytimes must have at least 2 players casting non-neutral votes.

Alive

c0n5p1r4cy
Dark-San

Dead

Green Lanturn (Alien - Queen)
Roy Karrde (Medic)
Dark Dragonite (Private)
Ace64 (Commando)
Drusilla (Major)
Rude Boy (Private)
Hyperness is a Good Thing (Private)
Crazy Elf Boy (Sniper)

Alien victory

+conspiracy+
20th July 2006, 06:17 AM
as usual.. ill draw first blood and vote Roy Karrde

and as usual im not serious.. i just really dont like voting neutral

Hyperness is a Good Thing
20th July 2006, 07:50 AM
c0n5p1r4cy, you're really asking for a first round knockout... >.<
anyways, since I don't know the way the wind blows, definitely neutral for now...

Dark-San
20th July 2006, 10:34 AM
[b][size=3] Neutral for me. Simple reply for the first turn.

Dark Dragonite
20th July 2006, 12:17 PM
Oh yeah, well I'm voting Neutral because I just can't trust Neutral very much...LOL

Green Lanturn
20th July 2006, 02:07 PM
Vote away, vote away....

Nuetrality.

~GL

Crazy Elf Boy
20th July 2006, 03:33 PM
Another round :dance:

Nuetral

Magmar
20th July 2006, 03:49 PM
I'll vote Neutral.

Ace64
20th July 2006, 09:08 PM
Neutral

+conspiracy+
21st July 2006, 04:19 AM
lol k looks like Roy is getting the boot unless he throws a vote back at me... anyways, I bet if Roy is human everyones gonna vote for me =(

Heald
21st July 2006, 05:38 AM
Actually, my bad, I should've added in this rule beforehand. Check rule 10. This round will end in an hour or so anyhow.

Heald
21st July 2006, 11:48 AM
Invoking rule 10, no one dies.

Dead

Nighttime 1 begins, suckers.

Magmar
21st July 2006, 03:26 PM
*psst*

I used to be Magmar.

Haha. :D

+conspiracy+
21st July 2006, 04:11 PM
well Heald, even though nobody will get lynched... ill probably still be the next target.. -_-

Magmar
21st July 2006, 04:17 PM
don't nominate yourself and maybe that will change. :)

Drusilla
21st July 2006, 05:08 PM
Whoops... OK, I'm here... need to get this on my replies list...

Heald
22nd July 2006, 01:04 PM
Dead

Begin Daytime 2

Green Lanturn
22nd July 2006, 06:34 PM
Its been a good five hours since day began, and nobody is bothering to post any vote.....so dont bite my head off when I do....

As there really is no evidence pointing to anyone, and because I want to prove conspiracy wrong....Ill vote for nobody in particular.

So, with that said, Ill open he voting with Rude Boy....why?

Because he is Rude....

~GL

Magmar
23rd July 2006, 12:27 AM
I was alien for the first two rounds, so I could see why I'd be suspected... but I assure you I'm clean this time :) (at least for now x_x )

I'm going to throw a vote out for Dark Dragonite. I'm just going with a gut feeling...

Roy Karrde
23rd July 2006, 12:34 AM
Damn I missed getting nominated, I should learn to check back sooner. I'm going with Green Lanturn. Why? Becuase he could have easily said he was going on the prospect that Rude Boy could be one since he was last time. Instead he votes for Rude Boy and adds in that he has no evidence. So either it is one hell of a coincidence, or he wants to go after Rude Boy, knowing people will point out that he was a Alien in the last round and do the work for him, thus deflecting attention from his Alien self! Or maybe it is Midnight and I have worked for 6 hours, and I am overthinking this.

Dark-San
23rd July 2006, 02:10 AM
[b][size=3] I am a bit late. Hmm I suppose it is either Green Lanturn, Dark Dragonite or Rude Boy.

Green Lanturn: Well, I do not suppose that anyone that posts first is the alien. Besides he is probably just plainly posting a name without thinking much. One victory to his name in the last round.

Rude Boy: Can be a bit suspicious since being alien twice does not mean that he cannot be the alien for the third time. Besides he comes into this third game with two victories in a row which shows how a good strategist he is. Hence a potential alien target of infection.

Dark Dragonite: An innocent by- stander which got voted by Rude Boy. Reason given only was based on Rude Boy's gut feeling.

Hence from the analysis of the three, the highly possible aliens could only be either Green Lanturn or Rude Boy. However that does not mean that Dark Dragonite is not infected in anyway.

I am making my decision here, it is a wild choice.

And my choice would be

Rude Boy.

Crazy Elf Boy
23rd July 2006, 02:44 AM
Well my vote goes for Rude Boy as well because he has been the alien twice before. So it is possible he is one once again "infected". And agree with Dark san on the fact he is a good strategist and a good target for the "unavoidable" infestation.

Drusilla
23rd July 2006, 04:46 AM
Or maybe it is Midnight and I have worked for 6 hours, and I am overthinking this.

Hah, luxury... How about maybe it's 5 AM and I've worked for 11 hours? How about them apples, beeotch?

Since I highly doubt that I'll regain conciousness before voting closes, I may as well do it now... Roy Karrde, because when he goes to that much effort to ramble on about who's guilty, it's usually because he is... like the last round of TWG.

23rd July 2006, 05:12 AM
I'm going for Green Lanturn.... why? Just for fun..and I need to vote anyways.

Magmar
23rd July 2006, 09:00 AM
I'll change my vote to Green Lanturn to follow Dark-San's logic and to save my own ass. -_-;

Heald
23rd July 2006, 01:19 PM
The people have spoken. One coin toss later...

Dead

The cheers go on until Nighttime 2.

Magmar
23rd July 2006, 07:36 PM
Woohoo!

*phew* XD

Dark-San
23rd July 2006, 10:09 PM
[b][size=3]Oh we got the queen! Wonderful! I was so wronged in voting you Rude Boy. >.< Silly me.

+conspiracy+
23rd July 2006, 11:29 PM
lol.. im gone for the day and the queen dies

nice job ;)

Dark Dragonite
23rd July 2006, 11:54 PM
I forgot to vote...oye...then again, I haven't been online much...but yay, we got the queen, meaning we are ahead of the game...thanks Dark San!!

EDIT: I saw RB changed his vote from me to the eventual queen, good!!

24th July 2006, 03:37 AM
*rotfls* *is very amused*
heh heh heh. Yay us humans?

Crazy Elf Boy
24th July 2006, 04:51 AM
*Checks who died*

Oh good

*Slams head against desk*

Damm misfired, well at least the Queens dead. Thats good.

Dark Dragonite
24th July 2006, 09:25 PM
yes, that Queen is dead, but the next person becomes the queen in the alien heirarchy..

25th July 2006, 04:01 AM
really? Gah boo. didn't know that. o.o

Crazy Elf Boy
25th July 2006, 05:39 AM
yes, that Queen is dead, but the next person becomes the queen in the alien heirarchy..

What a mood killer lol

anyway, I hope we can still kill the "New Queen"

Heald
25th July 2006, 08:27 AM
Actually, the Queen is the only one that can infest.

Magmar
25th July 2006, 11:09 AM
Heald it's been almost two days. Can we start Day 3 now?

Heald
25th July 2006, 11:30 AM
I've been busy.

Also, some people are taking a while getting their night votes in. But I guess I'll close it now.

Dead

Roy Karrde (Medic)

Ho hum. Daytime 3.

Dark Dragonite
25th July 2006, 11:59 AM
Alive

Rude Boy
Drusilla
Crazy Elf Boy
c0n5p1r4cy /
Ace64 /
Dark Dragonite /
Dark-San

Dead

Roy Karrde (Medic)

They kill our medic for killing their queen...well, I didn't vote last time...I was busy irl...so, now I have to vote, and no real evidence yet, other than Roy being a good guy...I have my suspicions...but I'll go Neutral for now...

Drusilla
25th July 2006, 02:34 PM
Some people are taking thier time getting thier night votes in... somehow, I think that at least one of the people with a doom vote is an alien...

Ace64, because I'm waiting for him to post several places, dammit!

+conspiracy+
25th July 2006, 04:01 PM
well just so you guys know I didn't vote in the last round because I didnt have access to a computer for 2 days because of my brother's wedding :D

Neutral

Magmar
25th July 2006, 04:06 PM
I'm thinking Dark Dragonite and I just don't know why. I don't want to vote neutral... he never defended himself against me... and he did also get a doom... but vote however you like.

Dark Dragonite
25th July 2006, 04:12 PM
Fine, I change to Rude Boy at least this way...if I survive, I can vote neutral last time...

Oh and RB/Magmar, I don't need to defend myself against a gut feeling when you're wrong...

Go ahead, vote for me guys if you want to bandwagon, you're screwing yourselves, not me...

Dark-San
25th July 2006, 07:17 PM
[b][size=3]On one side we have Dark Dragonite who had mentioned that if he dies the whole human race is screwed. On the other side, we have Rude Boy who had escape death and had voted Dark Dragonite on gut feeling.

Enough talk, we have seen what Rude Boy is upto. No alien is stupid enough to vote for the queen. My vote goes to Dark Dragonite.

Ace64
25th July 2006, 07:26 PM
*yawns*Sorry Dru...just got KH2, which has been eating up my time. *scurries off to post in numerous RP's, reffings*

Rude Boy, because sooner or later, he'll get around to voting for me...if he doesn't send me a PM first.

+conspiracy+
25th July 2006, 08:37 PM
o0o me likes Dark-San's logic... though if we vote out another human... o well *changes*

Dark Dragonite

26th July 2006, 04:12 AM
erm erm erm erm..
*wanders around trying to decided*
erm erm erm erm ermdarkdragonite I guess...sorry to you. >.<

Magmar
26th July 2006, 06:12 AM
Rude Boy, because sooner or later, he'll get around to voting for me...if he doesn't send me a PM first.

LMAO! Thaaaaaaaat was the biggest screw up in this game's history (except for maybe the time Zcade0 tried to host)...

26th July 2006, 06:24 AM
rotfl luckily we won that round ex-queen rude boy... =P

Dark Dragonite
26th July 2006, 09:45 AM
Well, I'm dead...so, you guys bandwagoned again...meanwhile, it could truely be Rude Boy as an infested...good job...Go Aliens!! :dance:

Magmar
26th July 2006, 06:08 PM
Well, I'm dead...so, you guys bandwagoned again...meanwhile, it could truely be Rude Boy as an infested...good job...Go Aliens!! :dance:

a la Mega Horny.

Dude, I wasn't fully convinced that you were an alien until now.

Dark Dragonite
26th July 2006, 06:12 PM
and when Heald posts to show I'm not...you'll look mighty suspicious...

Heald
26th July 2006, 07:18 PM
Here I am.

Dead

Dark Dragonite (Private)

So begins Nighttime 3

By the way I'm away until Saturday, so Dusk will be about 2-2.5 days long. Sorry :(

Dark Dragonite
26th July 2006, 07:22 PM
Dead

Dark Dragonite (Private)

[/dead]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...like I said...good job...now who looks guilty?? afterall I believe Magmar was alien in another round...[dead]

Magmar
26th July 2006, 08:32 PM
Don't make me smack you. -_-

Gah... sorry all -_-;; but just because he wasn't an alien doesn't make me one. keep that in mind @_@

+conspiracy+
27th July 2006, 12:29 AM
hmmm... this is interesting

10 bucks says Dark Dragonite was a Shadowmorph xD

Dark Dragonite
27th July 2006, 09:47 AM
[/dead]Last time...no, I was the same thing I've been in every game...no special abilities...just killed off by a different method this time...[dead]

Magmar
29th July 2006, 11:09 PM
*pokes thread*

*psst* Heald, you've been posting in the gay/straight marriage thread, I know youre out there... somewhereeeee

Drusilla
30th July 2006, 12:27 AM
Hey, just posting to say that, as of about an hour from now my computer is going to be back in it's box for the first leg of my grand journey to college... So I won't be able to post until Wednesday at the earliest.

Heald
30th July 2006, 03:58 AM
Sorry Rude Boy, I literally did last night's posts under the influence of about half a bottle of vodka (which left me more surprisingly sober than one would think) but I was too tired to do this post.

Anyway, the game restarts...now!

Dead

Ace64 (Commando)

The fresh meat only brings fear and terror on Daytime 4.

Crazy Elf Boy
30th July 2006, 05:31 AM
Hurray First post of Day 4

I shall vote nuetral

Magmar
30th July 2006, 07:56 AM
Rude Boy
Drusilla
Crazy Elf Boy
c0n5p1r4cy /
Dark-San

These are the remaining players, and one has a doom. If we lose two more humans, we'll probably be outnumbered, assuming the aliens took another under their wing on the first night.

I'm going to vote for Crazy Elf Boy because it's too late in the game to be voting neutral, as it might cause us to lose entirely at this point. Everyone else, I implore you to use your own senses of logic and try to come up with an idea of who it is, and post those thoughts here, becuase I'm not feeling concrete on this vote.

Dark-San
30th July 2006, 09:09 AM
[b][size=3] Right I agree with Rude Boy, we should not go Neutral now. Elf boy, I suggest you change your vote to somebody else. ^.^

It is a wild shot in the dark and my vote goes to Dru, taking into account that the last two time which she voted for both Roy and Ace respectively and both died.

Magmar
30th July 2006, 09:26 AM
See, now that is a coincidence I did not notice. I'll change my vote to Drusilla.

Sorry Rude Boy, I literally did last night's posts under the influence of about half a bottle of vodka (which left me more surprisingly sober than one would think) but I was too tired to do this post.

See, I'm not the only one who can drink vodka like a champ. People don't believe me when I tell them how much I can handle.

Crazy Elf Boy
30th July 2006, 03:45 PM
Fine then I shall change my vote to Drusilla cause it seems that all the people that I trusted are turning out to be aliens. *sob* Green Lanturn

+conspiracy+
30th July 2006, 05:12 PM
Well.. shell be surprised when she gets to college -_-

Drusilla

Heald
31st July 2006, 06:33 AM
You are the collective bosses, I guess.

Dead

Drusilla (Major)

Your leader is dead and the darkness draws in for Nighttime 4.

The Blue Avenger
31st July 2006, 01:33 PM
Hey hey, sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to play again next round. Thanks.

Magmar
31st July 2006, 03:12 PM
o_o

o_o;;

x_x;;;;

-___-;;;

Dammit!

Heald
31st July 2006, 06:29 PM
When did you sig me? And how did you find that quote?

Magmar
31st July 2006, 07:02 PM
I think it was in the Binary district or something in an old thread, I sigged it like last week.

Heald
1st August 2006, 09:07 AM
Dead

Rude Boy (Private)

This sick game is closing and only one side can win. Will Daytime 5 decide it all? Wait until tomorrow to find out.

Dark-San
1st August 2006, 10:08 AM
[b][size=3] Technically I can't vote for the person that I trust so Elf Boy is out of the question. This boils down to either c0n5p1r4cy or Hyperness. I just going to go for Hyperness since I don't have the energy to think much after a hard long day at school.

Magmar
1st August 2006, 01:07 PM
*dead* It should be obvious who led to this one... *dead*

Crazy Elf Boy
1st August 2006, 03:52 PM
Yeh I shall go for Hyperness as well

+conspiracy+
1st August 2006, 04:33 PM
Hyperness Is A Good Thing

jumping on the bandwagon for a reason just fyi... cant take any chances

Drusilla
2nd August 2006, 12:23 AM
WOW, WAY TO GO KIDS!

</dead>

Heald
2nd August 2006, 10:33 AM
Dead

Hyperness Is A Good Thing (Private)

and thus...

Dead

Crazy Elf Boy (Sniper)

Once again, the Aliens win.

Dark-San
2nd August 2006, 11:05 AM
WOW, WAY TO GO KIDS!

</dead>

[b][size=3] Sorry Dru, there isn't any other better time for the aliens to 'kill' you. I knew you would be gone for the next three days hence unable to vote. Rude Boy happens to take my whole 'theory' and jumps onto the bandwagon too.

Apologises Elf Boy, didn't mean to lie to you but this game is all about deception. So I have to do something to ensure my survival.

Oh and also Green Lanturn has yet to tell me on why was I chosen to be an alien on the first night?

Otherwise, woot we won! *Did a little mad dance around the crowd*

Green Lanturn
2nd August 2006, 12:10 PM
[b][size=3]

Oh and also Green Lanturn has yet to tell me on why was I chosen to be an alien on the first night?

Otherwise, woot we won! *Did a little mad dance around the crowd*

Heh, your guess is as good as mine...

I checked in the morning and found the e-mail saying I was a "private".

I went to work, and when I returned in the evening, I had an IM saying that I was now reassigned to be the Alien Queen, and that my ally was dark-san....I didnt choose you, I really didnt choose anybody, other than Conspiracy.....

And hey, in the end, it worked out, despite Heald's coin-flips always going against me....

So, go aliens, thats three games in a row....

Well, till next game then.

~GL

Heald
2nd August 2006, 12:22 PM
Aliens got really lucky this round. Aside from GL's, all their kills since GL's death had a 50% chance of succeeding and they always did.

I'm going on holiday in two weeks, so I could perhaps squeeze another game in, unless anyone else wants to offer to host?

+conspiracy+
2nd August 2006, 05:06 PM
This game seems like a lot fo work for the host to me, but I'd be willing to host any other version.. :D

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd August 2006, 12:20 AM
[b][size=3]
Apologises Elf Boy, didn't mean to lie to you but this game is all about deception. So I have to do something to ensure my survival.

Yeh I kinda figured that out, but i knew two people were aliens and I wasn't one and that you wouldn't vote for one of you own. But hey I need two votes for a lynching and I don't think Hyperness was there for the final vote -_-' and Conspiracy wouldn't have voted for you.

Magmar
3rd August 2006, 06:15 PM
I'll host if you like. I've done it a few times before and have had a deal of success.

Also, sorry about the delayed reply--just in from Warped Tour. :D

Dark-San
5th August 2006, 10:07 AM
I'll host if you like. I've done it a few times before and have had a deal of success.

Also, sorry about the delayed reply--just in from Warped Tour. :D

[b][size=3] I will take over. Rude boy can just take a rest over at the other corner!

*Pats Rude boy*

To all,

Please kindly post in this topic to express your interest in playing the game. Do note that the next game would start on the 09 August 2006, 1200hrs GMT. Be informed that you will also be informed of your roles via the pm, so do check your pm. Thanks.

Interested players for the next round

Weasel Overlord
TheBlueAvenger
Roy Karrde
Hyperness is a good thing
Ace64
Crazy Elf Boy
c0n5p1r4cy
Rude Boy
Green Lanturn

Ace64
5th August 2006, 11:00 AM
I'm in.

Crazy Elf Boy
5th August 2006, 06:10 PM
Yes I shall play in the next round.

+conspiracy+
5th August 2006, 07:42 PM
yar

Magmar
5th August 2006, 08:27 PM
Aye, count me in! Vulpix.ck is she playing too?

Green Lanturn
5th August 2006, 10:21 PM
Par usual....I shallof course, be included....

~GL

Heald
6th August 2006, 06:27 AM
I'm out this round.