PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst experience in your life

Silencer
21st July 2006, 12:04 PM
A topic where you can put up stuff that are rememberable because they were so good or crappy. As the topic starter I'll go first :p

Best:
One particular season in my soccer career. I changed teams because I probably wouldn't get to a lot of playing with my old team. My new team was formed from bits and pieces from around the area. In other words, we were crappy. We lost every match we played but the team spirit was excellent. Throughout the year you could see our team grow stronger and stronger. Sadly, no matches were won or tied. The last match of the season we faced of against the second last in the standings (we obviously being last). We had a goal against fairly quick, so we were trailing 0-1. The match was going back and forth so the second goal could fall on either side.

I was on the right flank and we just finished an attack. The keeper rolled the ball to the defender in front of me. He seemed to have trouble controling the ball so I thought 'what the heck' and I challenged him. He tried to kick the ball away but I managed to block it. The ball changed directions and landed in front of goal. I sprinted towards the ball and the keeper came out. I saw this in a flash and suddenly the keeper came to a halt, knowing I would be on the ball faster. I gave the ball a soft kick and I lifted the ball over the keeper, scoring. I tied the game 1-1. The reaction of my teammates was crazy. Similar to the way you see in movies when someone scored the winning goal.

Worst:
My worst experience was last year. I was dragged on a holiday I didn't even want to go on. The second night my sister had been vomiting, not really a nice sound. The fourth or fifth night I had cramps and needed to take a shit. I couldn't get off the toilet or I needed to rush back. I was also either sweating heavily or shivering. My parents were conserned and they got a doctor. At that point I started vomiting. The hospital was called after the doctor had said that I might have appendisitis.

During the ambulance ride I needed to hold everything up. I had taken a bag with me in case I needed to vomit, and I needed to. At this point I was already vomiting gall. I was infected with Tourista. A virus that was in the water, but locals were immune to it. So I spend 2 days in the hospital, recovering. I wasn't allowed to eat anything. I was only allowed to drink some water and unsugared tea while my dad received an entire menu(he went with me to the hospital and spent the night with me).

Magmar
21st July 2006, 03:23 PM
Best Experience Ever:
Last night when I told my boyfriend I love him for the first time, I never said that to someone before and it was absolutely the best feeling in the world.

Worst Experience Ever:
Everyone in the family got food poisoned from a restaurant--my graduation party!

Gengachu
21st July 2006, 08:25 PM
Best Experience - Being near the front of a concert, regardless of whether I like the band or not.

Worst Experience - Falling in love only to be shot down in flames. Still recovering fromt that and it's been over a year.

God of Death
24th July 2006, 09:26 AM
Best Experience: Getting accepted by my girlfriend.

Worst: When above mentioned girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend...

Mr.Pokemon
24th July 2006, 04:17 PM
Best Experience: Going with a bunch of my friends on vacation to Disneyland

Worst Experience: Pretty much all of elementry school and middle school. I became an easy target for people to tease. I won't dwell on all my "special" problems back then (like being misdiagnosed with ADD) but so far I pulled throught it fine, no regrets, resentment etc. And after learning one of the biggest bullies back then brains turned to mush after using inhalents, I now have the last laugh :cool:

Link
29th July 2006, 10:38 AM
Best experience: I remember being here when Pokemon was popular, so it was quite a rush for me to see the happenings of this board just explode into smething I didn't expect.

Worst experience: Looking for the past year for work and not finding any.

TKnHappyNess
29th July 2006, 02:08 PM
Best Experience: Getting accepted by my girlfriend.

Worst: When above mentioned girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend...

If I ever get a girl, I'd probably be worried about her cheating on me. If you sawa pic of me (all the ones I have on-line are old), you'd understand why I wouldn't cheat on her. Only because no other girl would want me.

-/Deathborn/-
30th July 2006, 07:06 AM
Best-School trip to Hersheypark. Lost my group of wackos and found another group that stayed at the arcades. I played DDR, though.
And I went on everything BUT Storm Runner. Lightning Racer was kinda cool. But Great Bear was awesome.
Worst-The couple minutes in pain from tripping and cutting my upper leg open on a rock. A nice smooth one, too! I had a 30lb pack on. But no broken bones! They are unbreakable! (personal record)

Mad Goblin
30th July 2006, 07:46 PM
BEST:

Bein' crushed on by a seventeen year old girl. Oh, yeah, Gobbo's got it!

WORST:

Bein' crushed on by a seventeen year old girl... Dammit! My hands are tied! What good is this? >_<

Mega Horny
30th July 2006, 08:00 PM
BEST: Hmm, well, seeing as I'm not that old, I can't really decide yet, so i'll just say various moments with various girlfriends.

WORST: So far, ehh, definately, when my best friend got killed by an Internet Predator. Heh, they have me on medication and stuff as a result of that trauma.

Dark-San
31st July 2006, 10:59 AM
[b][size=3]I remember seeing this topic around before.

*Digs*

Hah, can't find it >.<"

*Notices he is looked around by the members*

Erm... well my best experience was way back 2 years about around Decemeber. It was the national qualifying Worlds for Yu Gi Oh Duel Monster tournament. I fought a real hard battle and came out top for the second time. The first being on December 2003. It was a proud moment when I received the medal from the organiser. No money in the world can make me exchanged this moment for it.

I got the chance to represent the nation for the tournament in LA but subsequently had to turn it down due to me serving National Service. I had quitted playing it for a year already and is planning to take up the game around October when I will be free.

I had several lowest points of my life. One being the death of my granddad. I still missed him even after he is dead for 4 years. Secondly down with chicken pox and going back to army camp only to know that I have a training exam to take.

GreenShirT
3rd August 2006, 08:08 AM
I cant be bothered to give this more than a trivial thought so here goes:

Best:
Recently what springs to mind is when I discarded Kuriboh from my hand to avoid damage from a net deck of Igor Kharin's Stien OTK in the semi finals of the top 8 in the last tournament I went to, and then went on to win the tournament :)
Worst:
How empty I felt after seeing Dead Man's Chest and wishing it was better than it really was. I wanted to love it but I just couldnt :(

Zak
3rd August 2006, 08:59 AM
Best: Summer of 2000, basically my least wasted summer ever since I'm usually spending time here chilling. A week in Florida, a week at camp, and four weeks in Israel visiting various old friends, exes, etc. all of which I hadn't seen in the last five years and basically having an amazing time. It was the first time I was away without my family, finally having the feeling of being independent... yeah. It was also the first time I anticipated the release of a Harry Potter book (meaning the rest were out when I became interested).
That summer was also quite a turning point in my life, considering it was the first time since second grade that I switched schools. And of course, that was the summer GSC came out back when I was more into Pokemon... a lot more things happened then, but either way I'd kill to have that summer back.

Worst experience: Being framed back in 8th grade for threatening someone based on the most retarded excuse for evidence ever.

~Zak

.hacker
7th August 2006, 08:17 PM
Best Time: Graduating high school as valedictorian.

Worst Time: Getting a 60 on my first college exam.

Master of Paradox
8th August 2006, 01:02 AM
Best experience: realizing - on the very day of my 18th birthday, my last chance to get it, mind you - that I had just earned the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America. This still ranks as one of my few concrete accomplishments in life.

Worst experience: During a hike on an extraordinarily hot day (100-plus degrees... in the shade) in South Dakota, I was struck down by a case of heat exhaustion verging on heatstroke. I have never felt more ill in my entire life.

Cheesey
8th August 2006, 10:15 AM
Best: well, dunno if it's the best in my life, but it's pretty major anyway... I got straight As in my exams, which means that I have the option to go to pretty much any of the universities that I applied to here in Scotland, and I also got told that I'm the dux of my school :) Dunno if that means anything to people outside the UK, but it means I acheieved the most academically (I'm well smart me), I think it's like a valedictorian?

Worst: Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, possibly being diagnosed with schizoid and paranoia a while back, that was kind of the icing on the cake because I wasn't having the best of times as it was. But, apparently I don't have schizoid anymore and my paranoia's dying down (should eventually be gone altogether) so all of that's behind me now, hooray :P

nightcrow
8th August 2006, 12:47 PM
best: graduating highschool with a shiny 5.0 GPA, and transferring into college with 16 credits already under my belt. For some reason that makes me more proud of myself than anything.

worst: breaking up with the man i love. but we're basically back together so it's no matter now. :)