PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Houndoom_Lover
21st July 2006, 09:51 PM
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! From the books of Pro. Dogwood to the gameboy originals we know and love, I do decree that this topic may open.

Hahaha, alright, I'm hear to talk about things like Odd coloured Pokemon, Pokemon who got attacksthat shouldn't have had them, Missing No., M Blocks, Rare pokemon glitches and trainer glitches. I'd share mine, but it has to do with Emerald (I spelled it right on my second try) breeding .

Stories? Want stories told to you? Ask me questions! I'm a bucket load of knowlegde!

mr_pikachu
23rd July 2006, 02:35 AM
Ehh, aside from Missingno/M, the only glitch I ever looked at in RBY was that one rock you could partially walk onto in Unknown Dungeon (although I still intend to take a look at the Mew glitch). Most of my glitch stories revolve around the low battery life in GSC, and those obviously wouldn't belong here.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear if anyone else has found anything. But if I hear one word about Mewthree, I'm killing everyone. -_-;;

Crazy Elf Boy
23rd July 2006, 04:58 AM
The only "glitch" I have had is the dissaperence of some pokemon fromt he boxes in the PC on my blue version (one including my Charizard). I thought this was because the game was old or the fact they were stolen by my brother.
<_<
>_>

but alas I couldn't find them.

Also the Missingno messing up my pokemon.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd July 2006, 10:04 AM
Hai! Bet you don't know the Pro. Oak battle Glitch. I did it along time ago so I don't know if I'm typing it right or not. Okay, you do the same thing you do for M blocks, but instead of going that way, you go the opposet diriction until the screen starts flashing like your in a Trainer battle. Pro Oak wil have a 97 Pikachu, and two Lvl 77 M Blocks. Oaky has a cane as well XD. Don't gave, it'll jack up your file...I read that some where. I didn't save myself.

But, back to Missing no....it stands for Missing Numbers, because the number it saves is the one for the Weedle man. Because he's a trainer but he also caught the pokemon, they needed some place to save it. And that's what Missing No. is. You can grab one only if your expericance is less than 7543776629...that may be wrong X_X. I think it turns into a pink Rino thingy and knows Tackle and..maybe Hyper beem? Erm. Anywho, I don't recomend it, it jacks up your file. I think my favorite R/B/Y glitch is Rich Level 175 Mewtwo and Stupid Man Glitch.

Poryhedron
23rd July 2006, 12:18 PM
But, back to Missing no....it stands for Missing Numbers, because the number it saves is the one for the Weedle man. Because he's a trainer but he also caught the pokemon, they needed some place to save it. And that's what Missing No. is. You can grab one only if your expericance is less than 7543776629...that may be wrong X_X. I think it turns into a pink Rino thingy and knows Tackle and..maybe Hyper beem? Erm. Anywho, I don't recomend it, it jacks up your file. I think my favorite R/B/Y glitch is Rich Level 175 Mewtwo and Stupid Man Glitch.

I have no clue whatsoever what you think you're talking about. There is no EXP cap on when you can meet Missingno., and anyway, it's not possible for a single pokémon to collect more than 1,500,000 EXP...the max EXP depends on the pokémon species and they're all under 1,500,000. Missingno. itself, the glitch that actually bears the name Missingno., never evolves, but if you get one with a glitchy name (known as 'M, or 'M Block, or Block 'M Chip, depending on whom you ask,) it will evolve into a Kangaskhan if you let it. Missingno. and Block 'M Chip know two Water Guns and a Sky Attack, and can be given some TMs.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd July 2006, 04:06 PM
No, as a trainer you have an EXP meter. It let's the game know where you are, you know. Like, it doesn't whip out your enemy at level 50, but waits until the end of the game for it. >_< It's hard to explain.Oh well, I'm working off my old Red and Blue files (Blue is actually useless after the three hour of use with three M blocks, pity though. I had to go my Red since my cousin had Blue too.) Anywho, to the Stupid Man Glitch. In Red, after you get Erika (sp?) badage, take two, count 'em, two step out, and then fly to the nearest city where you caught a fire pokemon. Then got find a trainer (Forgot which one X_X I knew it this morning, the name and every thing. I wrote it down somewhere...) and then beat him with out switching Pokemon (He should have three pokemon. He'll have two Growlithes and a Ponyta) or using an item. And when he loses, he'll say. Oh no, my PANTS are on fire. ^-^ I thought this was soo cute.

Poryhedron
23rd July 2006, 06:18 PM
No, as a trainer you have an EXP meter. It let's the game know where you are, you know. Like, it doesn't whip out your enemy at level 50, but waits until the end of the game for it. >_< It's hard to explain.
Erm, no, no you don't have a "Trainer EXP" meter. It's possible (though very very boring) to raise your starter to level 70 or so before you reach Pewter City, but even if you do, the ERival battle in Route 22 will still have the Rival with only two pokémon, a Pidgey and his starter, and both will be under level 10. The game doesn't present you with your rvial at level 50 because you haven't earned all eight badges yet.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd July 2006, 07:07 PM
Okay, fine. The meter isn't there you win. But it is! Hmm, maybe it was seconds you pay actionably. *does the sqiuty eye thing I do when I'm thinking hard* Oh well, anyway. Missingno's jack up your hall of fame when you nab 'em.

Haha, my favorite non-lethal glitch is the cutting down the tree, the saveing, and then your on top of the tree!!

mr_pikachu
24th July 2006, 03:23 AM
Hmm, this is starting to sound like a bad rumor thread... :P Any references to other sites (individual pages, not main sites) that feature these glitches (or, for that matter, the Trainer EXP stat)? Anything to back some of the information?

Without someone else backing you up... I hate to say it, but everything sounds like one of those "Defeat Lance 60 times and fight his BLASTOISE lolol!!!" jokes. I don't mean to offend you personally, but past rumors have conditioned us to be very, very skeptical of anything and everything until it's been thoroughly investigated.

Houndoom_Lover
24th July 2006, 08:46 AM
Aw, I'm sorry. I just don't remember what search site I sae the Exp. Meter. Everything else I did myself with my Red and Blue. But blue died after much tampering with the file. How do take pictures of thye game. I could do that! Do you just snap shots with a camrea, I could go to the libray and scan them. My scanner died, it copies things sideways and in low quality. ^_^ Know how to fit it?

But the cutting down tree and glitch man are real. Go try them if you want. When you don't do all that crap, he just says, "Oh my back..."

Crazy Elf Boy
27th July 2006, 05:43 AM
Also sometimes with the missingno trick after you defeat or capture one it will still attack you and turn out to be a ditto >.<

And you probably already know this but there is a Phantom PC in the hotel in Celadon city. Its in the normal place were the PC is but its invisible and you can use it.

Magmar
30th July 2006, 08:15 AM
I like Glitch City! Anyone remember that one? It was pretty popular a few years back, I forgot exactly how to do it but you walked into the Cinnabar Island PokeMart and walked into a world of numbers, glitches, fishable water and other goodies. If you had the thing that told you where you caught your Pokemon in RBY, I wonder where that would've come up as...

Also, if you unplug your gamelink cable at the right second, me and my sister used to do this all the time and we confirmed this true like six years ago, lol... we thought we were so cool for it too hahaha. Anyways! During a you vs. real human being gamelink battle, if you unplug your GameLink cable at the ritght second and plug it back in, your move turns will be screwed up royally. So on your screen you will be fighting a random Pokemon, while on your opponent's screen, their Pokemon will still be alive. We encountered a gold Butterfree on Yellow version this way o_O; and lots of interesting 'M lookalikes. The best thing is, since it's a link battle, it doesn't really screw up your cartridge. :)

I also like fishing in the statues. Try it ^_^ go into Misty's gym and fish into a statue. It also works in Yellow version in the Safari Zone (can't confirm the other versions), found a Dragonair in a statue first try. ^_^

Poryhedron
30th July 2006, 12:37 PM
I also like fishing in the statues. Try it ^_^ go into Misty's gym and fish into a statue. It also works in Yellow version in the Safari Zone (can't confirm the other versions), found a Dragonair in a statue first try. ^_^

You can Surf in statues, too. I used to do that in Lance's Room at Indigo Plateau. Good, nutty fun.

Magmar
30th July 2006, 12:45 PM
You just kinda flitter around in the statue with the surf music playing... it's kinda silly.

Houndoom_Lover
1st August 2006, 04:50 PM
Oh wow! That plug in thing would scare the crap out of me! Hahaha! Oh, and speaking of Misty, ever notice she changes colours after you beat her in Blue. She didn't in Red, maybe it was my batteries though :D. I love fishing in the statues and tree cutting downing.

Quoted: Also sometimes with the missingno trick after you defeat or capture one it will still attack you and turn out to be a ditto >.<

And you probably already know this but there is a Phantom PC in the hotel in Celadon city. Its in the normal place were the PC is but its invisible and you can use it.

I think the Phantom Pc is so cool ^.^ and BEWARE! That ditto is a missingno! Don't feed it! Let it run free! It will kill your caratage! BEWARE!!

frylock
1st August 2006, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry, but I may be wrong but I have learned some interesting stufff about Missigno.

I may be a little off, but here is why and how Missigno. appears:

For one, Missigno. has four forms depending on your name. When you talk to the oldman your name is changed to OLD MAN, which kinda screws things up because until you get into another battle your name would be OLD MAN. So to avoid this the developers placed the data for the name in a random pokemomn slot, and since Cinnabars coast doesn't have its random pokemon set, it just uses the last used data, (that is how right after you visit the safari zone if you surf into cinnabars coast you'll run into them.) Well anyways the last used data was the data for the Name, and the name OLD MAN corresponds to Missigno. the other pokemon you run into depend on your name.

Also... Houndoom_Lover I have extreme trouble believing any of that trainer Exp. I have had gold versions walk through walls cheat and have flown to victory road right after I got totodile and gone through victory road, and yes... My rival DID attack me. Although you are talking about R/B/Y I can't understand why you would have ANY reason for that.

Also mew glitch....
Using that glitch I caught LM4, (before the elite four/ my HOF is still clean!) and leveled him up big with rare candies, and eventually my game froze, So being stupid I caught him again leveled him to a clefairy then a Nidoking and traded him off to Crystal. And Crystal has exploded (yet).... And I HAVE fought Prof. Oak and once you fight him your game freezes. But I must ask how to catch Prof. Oak pokemon, and I know he is real and I have seen pictures and everything on him, but still haven't found him :(

I have never broke a game with glitches and don't plan to. I caught'em all on Blue and will NOT risk losing thst game because I didn't use gameshark, just the mew glitch for electabuzz, mew, kabutops, and cloyster *maybe more*.

EDIT: Missigno. is also a tricky pokemon, when you start your game and it shows all the pokemon, when porygon goes by hit "A" now catch (DON'T SAVE) missigno. and he will have conversion. Also switching the pokemonin your first or last (can't remember) slot will change the TMs it can learn!

frylock
1st August 2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry for double posting, but I had to post this link about where I found out about that Oak Glitch.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=33410.0
http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokeglitch62.html

There the same sites just one is kinda older and neat!!

http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokeglitch62_2_files/jj11.jpg

Poryhedron
2nd August 2006, 10:43 AM
Sorry for double posting, but I had to post this link about where I found out about that Oak Glitch.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=33410.0
http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokeglitch62.html

There the same sites just one is kinda older and neat!!

http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokeglitch62_2_files/jj11.jpg

I guess you didn't read those pages very closely. It was noted at the end that the Pokédex image with Normal/Human-type Prof.Oak was not real. It was a joke made by somebody proficient in Microsoft Paint.

frylock
2nd August 2006, 12:13 PM
Thats funny, I guess I screwed up oh well.... No sense in looking for that one...

SilverPersian
22nd September 2006, 08:28 PM
Ive seen my cousin do the whole fight prof Oak in a battle thing...I dont know how he did it tho.

frylock
23rd September 2006, 08:30 AM
Yes, I did fight Prof. Oak, but he had a lot of glitch pokemon, and they instantly froze your game, You could fight anything that had pixels, but it was pretty much going to freeze your game no matter what...

Houndoom_Lover
25th September 2006, 05:19 PM
It took me three years to burn my blue file!! After that training of the Missno. Boy! Those things can fight! XD I guess it all depends on how often you abuse your game! ^-^.