PDA

View Full Version : Buggy DEP

Drusilla
21st July 2006, 11:25 PM
I'm on the verge of either destroying this computer or jumping out of the window... Or both...

I don't know what's wrong exactly, but my DEP (data execution prevention) program insists on going apeshit any time I either try to modify my system preferances by opening the control panel or reconnect files that I've moved. I also had this problem with the latest version of AIM Classic, but since I switched to Triton (which pisses me off all by itself) I haven't had any incidents. It seems to have a personal vendetta against Windows Explorer (the viewing program for system properties), which seems to make no sense... There's no way to disable the damn thing (that I can find; please prove me wrong on this) or reasonably modify it.

Any suggestions? If you want more details, I know how to trigger the damn thing, so I can get them for you... it also seems to be connected with Dr. Watson's Postmortem Debugger, whatever the hell that is... After the DEP goes loony, I get another error message about that thing needing to close, too...