PDA

View Full Version : Modern Fighter: Tears for the Future

Mewtwo-D2
27th March 2003, 10:57 PM
Well, it's Thursday, so time to start! The original topic is here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11767&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

So, yeah, let's begin:

Modern Fighter name: Random X
Human name: Rachel Xavier
Age at death: 21
Year of death: 1937
Method of murder: Thrown from the top of the Woolworth Building
Description: Wears a 1930's men's black pinstripe suit, navy blue silk tie, untied, and a ladies maroon Fedora-style hat tilted over one eye. Has long brown hair done up in navy blue and gold chopsticks (her weapon), dark hazel eyes, silver bangle bracelets (her noise-maker), and high heeled black shoes. Carries a large camera as her soul catcher.
Background: Has never accepted her murder by her fiancee's best friend. She never noticed the passing of time in limbo, and is now quite surprised by the changes she's seen in the world. Since becoming a Modern Fighter, she has discovered her killer was possessed by a demon, so she has become obsessed with find said demon.
Personality: Somewhat hardened and cynical, but with a soft spot for the poor. Since she died during the Depression, she still remembers hard times. But she is in a hurry to finish her job, and makes that abundantly clear to any who work with her.

Random X
~~~~~~~~
Pain... splitting, burning pain... The pain of the wind slamming into my body, errant gusts catching any part that moved... pulling my hair so hard, I was certain it was going to be ripped out by the roots. I couldn't scream- the wind stole my breath, and forced my eyes and mouth closed. I managed to squeeze my eyes open the tiniest bit as the ground grew closer, and closer as I continued my swan dive towards it... Concrete and garbage, people running, pointing, screaming... closer and closer...

Most dreams end when you hit the ground. But it wasn't a dream- it really happened. Visions of my death danced in my head day and night... I squeezed my eyes closed. This world... almost 70 years after my time. I didn't feel like facing it today.

Bulbasaur4
27th March 2003, 11:30 PM
Modern Fighter name: Shadow V
Human name: Sirene (Seer-een) Vilya
Age at death: 20
Year of death: 2001
Method of murder: Slashed, Beaten, Strangled
Description: She wears medium-hued sky-blue jeans, flared out just a little but slim-fitted to complitment her ghostly figure. She wears a light, white tank-top with a soft gray hoodie-jacket over it, which against is pretty slim. Her skin is a bit more flushed then the others, since most of them have ghastly white hued-skin tones. Her hair is a light, golden/strawberry blonde which seems to almost radiate with some sort of gleam. It is long and pretty straight, and easily flows about with only a flick of wind. The hair is cut to frame her face, and her eyes compliment it with striking emerald-blue/green eyes. Around her neck is a simple, silver-necklace with a strange pendant made of silver in the shape of a moon with a single diamond in it (her soul catcher). Around her wrist is a small, light-blue string with a silver, small whistle attached to it which serves as her noise maker as well. As her weapon, she carries a slim, small yet beautifuly crafted dagger that has embroidered into it- strange symbols.
Background: She was in college, just minding her own busness. She was a good person- she was training to become a coach and get her master's degree in athletics. She was a sporty person and got a full-blown scholarship in track and basketball. Then one night, at a party a guy she had been flirting shamelessly with took her outside and tried to take advantage of her. He then went into a strange rage... and he took out a knife and stabbed her repeatedly, and then beat her while she was still alive and concious. He then strangled her when she tried to cry for help, and then ran away. She's been quite in shock... and doesn't believe she's dead. She still wanders around campus some times... trying to find some thing.
Personality: She's quite light-hearted and smiles a lot. She's the first to say hi, the first to cry about some thing... she shows her emotions and wears her heart on her sleeve. She's not too keen on telling everyone what she is feeling, but rather shows it through her expression in her eyes. She tries to be nice to everyone, but then she tries to forget everyone too...

Shadow V - F

I sat upon the ledge, the ledge over looking a river. It was near that place... the place where everything seemed like it was yesturday.

The police talked... told about a girl who was seduced out of a party. There they said she was taken into a dark, woody-area beside a campus. Some guy slashed her... tried to get her to do what he wanted.

I saw the blood there too... it was smeared all over the grass, a knife which was bloodied was upon the grass too. There was so much blood.

The police said that the girl was beaten too, by fists. I saw that... some how I remember seeing that guy beat the girl, busting her arms and creating huge bruises which cracked bones and bruised organs.
The police also said that the girl was still alive, still trying to stay alive... and the guy then strangled her.

Air... usually when you don't breathe air, or try to hold your breath for as long as you can- your reflexes kick in. Your lungs automatically click and force you to enhale, so that soon your a little dizzy from it, but your alive because your body is smart- it knew it needed the oxygen right away.
If your lungs tried to breath however... and they couldn't, then a burning sensation would fill your lungs. Your brain would suddenly feel ten times bigger and want to explode... what you see would slowly come out of proportion, and you would feel like your whole body was screaming. Knives digging into your flesh.. burning in your chest as if you were being burned alive... and then finally things go dark.

I woke up. I woke back up... and simply walked away. I said hi to people at the party... tears streaming down my face as I tried to tell them how this, 'guy tried to kill me'. But no one would listen. I screamed, I yelled... no one could hear me.

I sat there... still on the ledge with my legs dangling near the water's edge. If I jumped off, as if to kill myself, I would fall in the water. I would stay there... but I didn't need to breath. I wouldn't need to worry about it... I didn't need air anymore. Not like back then. Nothing hurt me... but, nothing heard me.

And there is nothing like crying out in a crowd full of people and have no one hear you...

Arnen
28th March 2003, 12:56 PM
~Modern Fighter name: Arnen Alzena
~Human name: Amanda Anderson
~Age at death: 13
~Year of death: 2003 (less recently than Kuro, I guess)
~Method of murder: Trampled by anti-war protesters.
~Description: About 5'4", medium build, shoulder-length light brown hair, grey-green eyes. She wears a white tee with purple collar and cuffs, a light blue hooded sweatshirt over it, and blue jeans.
~Background: She was just an average teen growing up in Chicago. One day, coming home from school, she was met by a mob of anti-war protesters and was trampled to death. Needless to say, she is VERY confused.
~Personality: Usually quiet, and prefers to stay out of the way. If she can get someone else to do the talking for her, she'll gladly take the opportunity to do so.
~Arsenal: (something I added)
Weapong: A pair of daggers in hilts up her sleeves.
Noise-maker: A silver charm bracelet with charms of a dragon, a unicorn, an eagle, and a dolphin.
Demon-catcher: A vial she carries in her pocket.

~~~Amanda-Arnen~~~

I remembered coming home from school one day. I remembered dropping my homework paper, which I had been looking over as I walked. I remembered reaching down to pick it up, and the next thing I knew, I heard angry yelling, I heard footsteps stomping towards me. I remembered being shoved down as feet trampled all around me. Then, I saw nothing for a while. Then, I had simply stood back up, glaring at the backs of the angry protesters. I must've just imagined the pain. Maybe they had just walked around me, and I had been so freaked out that I had thought they were trampling me. Yeah, that must've been it. I hadn't noticed all the blood on the ground, hadn't noticed the body lying on the sidewalk, hadn't given a thought to the sirens as the ambulance came. I simply walked on down the sidewalk, headed forr home like nothing was wrong...

Drusilla
28th March 2003, 01:22 PM
Modern Fighter name: Morbid V
Human name: Varda Morgil
Age at death: 20
Year of death: 1999
Method of murder: Poisoned and stabbed at the Family Values Tour by her older sister who was jealous of her for unknown reasons, though there are theories.
Description: Tall, bout 6'4, muscular, but her jacket hides it. Little longer than shoulder-length dyed black hair that falls over her eyes in layers and streaked with blood red. Her eyes are deep green, but she wears Firestar contacts (ya know, the solid blue ones with a ice-blue quad star in the middle). Her skin is pale, since she usually covers it with a black bondage jacket-shirt (it's closed with real padlocks! and real chains! she made it!) and heavy black bondage pants. Under the jacket, she wears a cut-off black tank top with one arm strap (she ripped one off, and she jaggedly cut the shirt off just about the navel). She wears heavy motorcycle boots with "Harley Davidson" on the bottons in orange. She's got an eyebrow piercing and a lip piercing, plus her ears are pierced all over and connected with little danglee chains!
Noise Maker- Chains on her shirt
Weapon- Nine-tales whip
Soul Catcher- Pentagram Pendant on a silver chain
Background: She worked as a computer game designer for Electronic Arts in San Francisco. It's thought that her sister killed her because she was so successful after joining the company (Getting this far at an early age is really rare). To get her away from her boyfriend, her sister got tickets to FVT since Varda loved KoRn. Rest is mostly unknown.
Personality: Outwardly, she's dark and sadistic. She may not look it, but she's a very kind person that will go out of her way for her true friends, but you have to prove yourself to her. She'll hold grudges against people who make fun of her style. She's a Tae Kwan Do expert, and can kick your arse any day! She's a lot of fun to be around, because she's always finding something new to do, and is hardly ever boring. She decided to try since it was better than doing nothing, but she's not too optimistic about it.

Gotta go... post after class... damn ROTC...

Mystic_clown
28th March 2003, 01:32 PM
Modern Fighter Name: Twin Z, Twin T
Human name: Zorn, Thorn (real names unkown)
Age of Death: ????? (they never say)
Year of Death: 1756
Method of Murder: Beheaded
Description: Both are very small and they have clown facepaint (white with black crosses on their eyes). They both were a jesters outfit, Zorn weres a blue and white striped outfit and Thorn has a red and white striped outfit.
Personality: Both seem to have the same personality (pretty creepy) They're both smart and very cocky. he only difference is that Thorn talks really weird. They're way of fighting is...pretty unique.
Background: They were both court jesters to an unknown queen. They were sometimes involved in some very messy stuff. It was because of their cocky attitude that caused them to fail sometimes. They were beheaded for failing her too many times.
Weapon: Both carry a small scythe.
Noise Maker: Both have a large bell.
Soul catcher: Both carry a large beaker.

Twin Z (Zorn)
---------------------------------
My brother and I peeked through the trees.
"Another one has met her end," I said to Thorn.
"Met her end she has," he replied. The two of us stepped out from behind the trees and walked up to her.
"Hello there," I said. The girl spun around
"Y...y...you can see me?" she asked.
"Of course." I replied.
"Like you we are," Thorn followed.
"What do you mean?" the girl asked.
"Explain to her you can," Thorn said. I then began to explain to her that she was dead.

Mako
28th March 2003, 04:28 PM
Modern Fighter name: Sparrow Blitz
Age at death: 18
Year of death: 1984
Method of murder: Purposely hit by a large ebon colored Honda SUV
Description: Wears a black T-shirt that bears the symbol of a feline¡¦s paw print on the front side. The symbol itself is white. Below, she wears a pair of baggy blue jeans with a sable belt wrapped about her waist. Her long chestnut colored hair is tied up in a high spiked ponytail. Two extremely faint and barely noticeable slits, marks left over by the fatal ¡¥accident¡¦, are placed underneath two fierce emerald green eyes.
Noisemaker: A collection of small golden bells. The most noticeable group is the one that hangs about her belt. (NOTE: All bells are, under certain circumstances, removable). Also, occasinally a thin silver whistle worn or hidden.
Weapon: Most of the time Sparrow (Shasta) takes a liking in allowing her fists to do the talking but occasionally, two silver-smooth hand guns which resemble a mix between (for those who know their guns) a Desert Eagle and a Beretta Elite is used to strike down all those who get in her way.
Background: Sparrow¡¦s past and childhood was never a good one to begin with. As 18-year-old Shasta Bengs her life had been extremely tough at home and even worse at school. Known to many as a troublemaker of a sort, this juvenile delinquent spent most of her time blowing off steam or skipping school. As most, when she was younger, her outlook on life was much more different. She found interest in school and friends before but it was until the truth about her mother¡¦s disappearance found it¡¦s way to her that changed her train of thought for years to come. Her father was as a tramp, always out and drinking and coming home late so naturally, Shasta began to resent him. She decided if no one cared, she might as well go with instinct. Hearing of her mother¡¦s strange gang life she decided to follow in her footsteps for the sheer fact of trying to find a reason to live life as it was. Soon enough, she, like her mother (known as the Crimson Butterfly), became a skilled fighter and talented sharpshooter.
Problems come and go but as for Shasta Bengs, they always come and place a mark before leaving. Her brother Caster Bengs, was one of those problems. Caster was only two years older than she but strangely enough, he disliked his sister a great deal. A real reason is yet to be placed on this fact for one of the only people who may know the answer is Shasta herself and most of the time she delights in not talking.
Personality: Sparrow (Shasta) puts on a badass attitude most of the time she¡¦s around people she is not acquainted to. Because of this, she was feared by many in her years as a living soul. But, there is always a catch in her personality. Deep inside, she holds a hurt and battered heart that is in desperate need of healing. She is compassionate when needed and would gladly place down her life for any of her loved ones.
Demon Catcher: Sparrow uses a pocket style mirror as her item to catch demons. The mirror is (as stated before) pocket sized, circular, and is placed in the design of a feathered wing. It is held on a chain and usually placed in her pocket or worn.

::Sparrow Blitz::
------------------------------------------------------------

I still remember it was raining that afternoon. Everything was blurred by the rising fog. Of course, as always, i spent most of my free time outside letting off steam or running away from crazed teachers. So far the day had been pretty crazy but then again, that was my daily life; so i got used to it. I remember being fairly ticked off that day because my father spent the night over at some friend's house and came home drunk and completely uncapable of doing anything but curse. Then again, when i think back i believe it was probably my brother's appearence that got me so heated up. I remember screaming at him and actually throwing a few good punches but then i guess my anger just died down cause my brain decided that punching the day lights outta him wasn't gonna help the situation. Caster was a good guy really...but when it came to just me, family, and him, things tended to get rough and uneasy. The arrival of the next day didn't do much to help with my unsteady temper and every thing just sorta broke apart i guess. For that one day i decided to go to school, it felt like everyone was nagging me. Teachers told students to say away from me thinking i'm some sort of threat. Yeah sure, i carry my two 'lovable' hand-gun hybrids everywhere i go but i would never really use them on a person more-or-less-likely a student peer (unless ofcourse, they were REALLY asking for it). So anyway, i decided to skip school that afternoon and head on home to shoot a few bottles or just to annoy my lazy-bum father and that's when it hit me. No, literally. It hit me. 'IT' in this particular term meaning the completely screwed black Honda SUV. Of course, i wasn't stupid enough to jump right in the middle of the road but if it wasn't for 'HIM'...
Che. Never mind about that then. Plus, it's all over now and, like my mother used to say: it's no use dwelling on the past.

Undomelin
28th March 2003, 08:12 PM
Modern Fighter name: Avarlinde S
Human name: Arlawyn Schindler
Year of death: 2000
Method of murder: Stabbed by her stalker in a jealous rage
Description: She wears white- all the time, enough to be called the "White Lady Wanderer" by many. She wears a very simple, plain white shirt, and baggy white jeans. The one thing that isn't white in her choice of wardrobe is her belt- it's as black as charcoal, highlighting her skinny figure nicely. She also wears a soft-toned white scarf around her neck, because she was very susceptible to the cold when she was alive. Her long, very light brown hair hangs down just past her shoulders. Her hair is very unruly- sometimes it'll choose to be straight, sometimes it'll choose to be wavy. She has flawless, pale porcelain skin, which very much suits her preference of colour. Her eyes are startlingly blue, contrasting her white clothes in a very nice way. She is also quite tall, at 5'10" she is really not your average girl. Her weapon is a beautiful, long skinny curved knife that was used to kill her. She wears a silver tiara fastened softly around her head- it looks quite a bit like what Arwen wears in the first LotR movie. In the front and back are two small jewels, tiny, yet so beautiful and immaculate that they are easily noticed. It serves as her soul-catcher. Her noise maker is naught else but her unique round keys to her home- wrung on an oversized key-chain around her neck.
Background: She was the beauty queen in high school, taking away the tiara that is now her soul-catcher. She lived in an expensive home, given to her by her parents, which caused her fear and worry beyond belief. Therefore, she visited a locksmith who gave her plans for a unique system in which the keys were round- you were to deposit them in the keyhole like coins. They would scan the coins and allow access. There were only three- all of them in her possession. In the two years that she was out of high school, she stayed with her steady boyfriend, unsettling her ex, who stalked her and killed her in a jealous rage. After stabbing her, he stood up in horror, took out the knife and laid it by her side. He ran away, but he was never convicted- or even accused- which deeply upsets her.
Personality: She's very tomboyish, sort of the "let's do it and get it over with!" kind of girl. She always denies that she won her tiara in a beauty contest- she claims that she bought it in a jewellery shop. However, she is kind-hearted, especially to the ones she knows and loves. Have her as an enemy and you'll be haunted for life. If you have her as a friend, though, she will remain loyal and faithful to you as long as she lives.

Avarlinde S
-------------------
That day, the colours in the sky pleased me like never before. The sky looked beautifully pasteled out in front of me, above me, surrounding me... I could feel the gentle summer breeze weaving through my light brown hair, and I laughed delightedly, rejoicing in the sunlight and in the glory of the world.
It was the day that everything changed. I loved that day... it was sunny and beautiful and not at all sombre, the picturesque setting in front of me was aesthetically pleasing, so amazingly wonderful that I couldn't help wanting to take a picture.
I loved the world. I loved my life. I loved Roy.
That was until the day I decided to take a short stroll down the boulevard, to bask in the warm sunlight.
Then something happened that I never would have guessed.
"Kyle!" I cried, startled by my ex boyfriend's sudden appearance. He had changed in the short months since high school- he had become more mature-looking, more handsome even... but I couldn't think about that. I loved Roy. And only Roy.
His hair was wavier, longer. He had obviously taken to growing his raven-black hair, and his attractive green eyes peered out from underneath the locks of his extremely unruly hair. His skin had changed too- from a darker, tanned colour to a pale colourless hue. His flat cheeks were no longer flushed and rosy, they were as pale as the rest of him- and it sent a chill down my spine...
"Arla, I loved you more than words could ever express. But, Arla, you refused my love for that idiot... How could you? I loved you, Arla, and you broke my heart," he whispered sadly, a deep sorrow filling his intensely expressive green eyes.
"Kyle.. you're scaring me. I'm with Roy, you should know that," I replied shakily. I could feel my surroundings getting colder, my instincts shouting at me to run from him. But I couldn't. My feet were planted firmly on the ground, but my brain was indecisive and afraid. Something about me told him to listen.
"Arla. Why? Why did you leave me? I loved you. You broke my heart, and nothing could ever repair it but your love returning to me. Would you give it to me willingly, Arla? Would you return to me, the one who will love you always?" Kyle asked, his field-green eyes turning cold, chilly, even hateful. They reminded me of evergreen trees, always green, never fading.
"No, Kyle. You know that. I love Roy, not you. There was a point when I loved you, but didn't you once break my heart?" My tomboy personality was beginning to kick in, telling me to stick up to him. "Kyle, Roy loves me. And I love him."
"You don't mean it," Kyle spat forcefully. "I loved you. I hate him. He's dead, and I love you. That doesn't mean you won't die." His eyes flashed like a changing streetlight. They were truly beginning to make me afraid, as they were mesmerizing me and I couldn't take my eyes off of them.
He hurt me. He stabbed me. Pain, pain searing through my heart, rushing through my veins, my brain screaming at me, "Arla, you idiot! You should have run..."
------------------------------
Ehhh I'll leave it there. I don't know how to post... I'm terrible at the posting part of RPGs... LOL :) Well I guess I'll only get better.

Bear
28th March 2003, 09:35 PM
Modern Fighter name: Tetra Disaster
Human name: Thomas DeMarko
Age at death: 24
Year of death: 1931
Method of murder: Beaten unconscious then drowned.
Description: Pretty tall and thin, with short cut black hair, greenish-turquoise eye color, and glasses with thick-black frames (pimp-style *wink*). Also wears a single earring in his left ear (noise maker). He's wearing a white tuxedo, silver waistcoat, pocketwatch on a gold chain (soulcatcher), and white spats. Carries around a straight cane with a silver eagle's head on the top (weapon, top of cane acts as hilt, and bottom part sheaths a long blade).
Background: Was a major maker and seller of bootleg alcohol during the Prohibition years. One of the top dealers in Chicago, he had many friends, but also many enemies. One of his rival dealers sent a group of his lackies to DeMarko's house on Christmas Eve, where they broke in and shot Thomas's wife and children. They dragged him out of the house, beat him severely, then threw him into a river with a weight chained to his foot. He drowned.
Personality: Those who knew him were very fond of him, as he wasn't completely rough and hard like most of the Booze Bosses. He was laid back, and treated his "employees" and friends well. He gave money to those who suffered much from the Depression, and provided temporary housing to a few who were forced to the streets. But, though he was kind and generous to his friends, such was not the case with his rivals. He was known as one of the toughest nuts to crack when it came to doing business and territory.

Thomas DeMarko (my posts are done with Chicago accent, just so you know)
~~~~~

It happened on Christmas Eve. A day I thought I could spend peacefully with my family, away from the other bosses n' territories. I didn't have to worry about puttin the bag on anyone today, oh no sir. No disloyal flunkies to shoot, no cops to evade, nathin. Just me, my sweetheart, and my two daughters. My wife was cookin' a wonderful dinner for us, and I was anxious awaitin'. Kids home for the holidays. Woulda been nice to have holidays m'self, but no worries. I was just happy to be with em. Then, just as my wife was bringin' in the turkey, the door busted down. Three men in suits came runnin through, wit machine guns in hands. They shot her, shot my pretty wife. I begged em to save the girls, but they didn't care. They was probably sent by Spats Columbo, that snivelin' jealous boss a' the Southside territory. Everyone knew he wanted my joint at Mozzarella's, and he wanted me dead. They shot my two daughters, right there in the the dinin' room. Shot em dead. I didn't even have time ta cry before I took a baseball bat to the head. They kept hittin' and hittin' me, til all I saw was red, then black. I dun rememba much afta that. I woke up for a lil bit ta see them strappin a big steel ball to mah leg. Before I knew it I was in da water, sinkin' like a lead weight. Didn't take long for me ta black out again, and dat was it. When I woke up again I was sittin' on the road, near the riverbank. I saw a buncha men pullin' somethin' out the water. I woulda offered ta help, but they'd recognize me, cuz I was a big boss ya know? I hid in the bushes n' watched as they pulled this guy outta the water. He was wearin a suit, turned red from blood. He also had a ball attached to his--Jesus! that's me! I thought it was all a dream! But, that means, my family...NO!

Kioshi Wakami
29th March 2003, 12:45 PM
Modern Fighter name: Shinikami K (or just Shinikami)

Human name: Kurosaki, Hisoka (lastname, firstname)
Age at death: 16

Year of death: 1996

Method of murder: His reason for becoming a Shinigami was initially to find out why he was killed, and then later to get revenge on Muraki, a twisted doctor who raped and killed him. Though Hisoka died that night, his death was stretched out for three years. Even after death, Muraki's mark is still on Hisoka and the doctor enjoys pulling the strings of his puppet.

Background/Personality: Hisoka's family lineage stretches back into the Kamakura era (1185-1333) and had he lived, he would have been the 17th head. His family is very proud and old-fashioned and his father saw him more as a "thing" than a "person." Accordingly, Hisoka was trained as a bushi and is familiar with kendo, aikido, kyudo (japanese archery), naginata, and judo.

Hisoka is classified as an empath, able to sense others emotional states, however I think he is closer to a telepath as he can also sometimes read surface thoughts as well as "synchronizing" with people and "sharing" their mind and powers. Because of their old-fashioned strict attitudes, Hisoka's parents were absolutely against his supernatural powers. Whenever he displayed them, he would be thrown away and locked in an underground room.

Hisoka has a short temper and a smart mouth. In the early play Hisoka can't stand being among many people for long periods of time because he hasn't had very much experience interacting with other people (and their unshielded emotions) both because of his power and his upbringing.

Description: Check sign-ups for picture.

Soul Catcher: A necklace around his neck (you know the ones that are like little glass bottles that have a powder in it?). With a bat latching onto it, keeping it closed. He draws in the energy with his hands and transfers it into the mini bottle.
---------

Hisoka
======

/I was bored one night, so I decided to go out for a walk. I went over to sakura tree and hid there... Before me I spotted a man in a white trenchcoat hovering over a woman. Once a red moon slipped past the clouds the man pulled out a knife and stabbed the woman between her breast and into her heart. He looked over and spotted me.. I was frightened, spotted by the murderer before me. Was I next?

Yes... The man came over and grabbed upon me rather harshly at first, me squirming within his grasp shouting "Y-yamete...!(S-stop...!)" with little gasps as the man slipped my bed time robe off. My eyes were wide in horror as I was laid down completely nude infront of the man who too undressed himself. Soft lustful touches were given over my face and down my body. I could feel the evil within him, his pure twistedness. It was but a few moments that I felt a sharp pain going through the inside of my back end. I screamed again, the pain radiating through out my body as he thrusted into me over and over again.

Red marks shined on my chest, the symbol of his curse. I wondered how he could be so gentle yet so currupt. Laying there in agony, the man continued to use me and thrust into me with little huffs and groans. I was already loosing it, lost in an inbetween world wondering if this was a dream from when I was sleeping or a reality. Soon everything went flashing before my eyes like most people who are about to die. And then.. I didn't see neither light nor dark... I was dead.

Though I might've died that very night, upon a hospital bed my 'death' was dragged out for three years until I was 16. My illness wasn't the cause of the death. Being killed by that man was the real cause, and because of the unusual curse it was impossible for the Shinigami to find out who the killer was. That's why.. I became apart of them./

~~~

Hisoka gave a little sigh as he slumped down in a chair, fiddling with a set of chopsticks.

"Saa, I'm so bored~!" he whined to himself, picking at some sour plums upon his plate. Yes, dead people eat too. Well.. atleast the shinigami, those who are stuck between life and death. He was visible to real people as well. Glancing out of the little Japanese cafe' Hisoka gave another sigh. Nothing was going on lately and it left him with nothing to do.
---------------
^__^;; Heh sorry I'm late. Also, in the present Hisoka cannot remember his death at all. So, that's something that will be awakened to him later on in the story.

Mystic_clown
30th March 2003, 12:49 AM
Twin T (Thorn)
----------------------------
“I’m dead? I already knew that,” the girl said. Zorn then turned to me. He was confused.
“Wait a minute,” the girl said, “When you said you two were like me, you were saying you’re dead too aren’t you?” I nodded.
“True it is,” I replied. Zorn then walked up to the girl.
“What’s your name?” he asked.
“I’m Sirene Valya,” she replied, “you?”
“I’m Zorn and this is Thorn.”
“Why are you telling me this?”
“Informers we are,” I replied.
“Informers?”
“Yes,” Zorn continued, “We travel the world searching for lost souls like you and try to help them get over their death.”
“I see.” I then walked alongside Zorn.
“The time to go it is,” I said.
“Alright. Let’s go,” Zorn replied. And with that, Zorn and I turned and ran off into the trees.
“Wait!” Sirene cried.

Kuro Espeon
30th March 2003, 02:29 PM
Modern Fighter name: Firey C
Human name: Fiona Connelly
Year of death: 2003 (Died the most recently of all the Modern Fighters)
Method of murder: Her soul was accidentally sucked away from her. (Don't worry I'll explain this in a second! ^_^ )
Description: about 5'6 in height, with long red hair (anime red, not real life red....) tied back in a pony tail and reddish-brown eyes. Wears a red, sleeveless, button-up vest and matching red shorts (which are pretty short...-_-() ) with brown, pointed boots. Wears a small silver bell on a chain around her neck which was given to her by her boyfriend and is now used as her noisemaker. Her weapon is a pair of bladed fans that are easily hidden, and her soul catcher is a hand-held tape recorder.
Background: She was a worry-free teenager with an average social life and a newly aquiered fiancee. She was out at a dance
club with her friends and had stepped outside for a breath of fresh air when a woman dressed in strange clothes approached her and took her picture. (Little did she know it was actually Random X) and her soul was suddenly sucked out of her. Apparently, a demon's soul had been lying dormant inside of her and when Random X tried to get it out, she took Fiona's soul by mistake. (this will be explained in frhter detail later!)
Personality: Very wild and firey and never seems to run out of energy. But she also has a very short fuse and is currently in a very bad mood and angry with Random X (Gee...I wonder why...). She knows that she's dead but doesn't seem willing to admit it. She makes friends easily but normally very easy to get along with but never, ever make her mad or you'll never hear the end of it (just ask Random...).
Other: Loves alcohol (and is annoyed that she can no longer drink it seeing as she's dead...) and has developed a fear of cameras.

I think since may character is supposed to die the most recently, I think I cans tart my post from where she dies instead of making it a flashback.

Fiona Connelly:
~~~~~~~~~~
The pulse of the music....the smell of alcohol in the air...the flash of the many different colored lights....That was why I loved this club. All the energy and adrenaline in the air made me feel so alive! (OOC: Har har har....) And with my fiancee, whom I loved more than anything, here, it made it even better! My life was perfect! I was a carefree teenager with no worries and a future filled with dreams.

Little did I know that those dreams would soon turn to tears...

It was about midnight when I began to feel a little bit dizzy. The air inside the club was thick and stuffy because of all the people dancing, partying and carrying on. I turned and bean to walk towards one of the side doors.
"Hey Fiona! Where ya goin'?" Jay shouted.
"I'm just going to get some fresh air! I'll be right back!" I called back. When I got to the door I looked back over my shoulder and added, "And grab me a drink, will ya hun? I'm getting kinda thirsty."
"Sure thing, babe."

The cool night breeze blew through my hair and across my face as I stepped out into the alleyway next to the club. I leaned backa against the brick wall and looked up at the sky, black like velvet and glittered with stars. I took a deep breath of the fresh air and sighed.
The events that followed seemed to happen so quickly. I could barely keep up with it...
When I looked down I saw a shadowed figure approaching me. I froze. A cold shiver went up my spine, telling me that something wasn't quite right.
"Who's there?!" I called. I got no reply. The figure remained silent. But as the shadowed form moved into a small patch of the pale moonlight I could see that it was a woman...a woman wearing a pinstripped suit. In her hands was a black, old-fashioned camera...
"Hey! Who are you? What do you want?" I demanded. Still, the woman gave no reply. Instead, she simply raised up her camera as if to take a picture. "What the Hell are you do-?" I aws unable to finish, for the very next moment the camera flashed and I was overwhelmed by a blinding white light. And for a moment I thought it had blinded me, for the world around me had suddenly become very dark and a cold feeling in the pit of my stomache beagn to grow, spreading and comsuming me as if something was being taken away from me. My head began to spin and throb with pain and I tried to scream...but all that came out was a choked gasp. The pain became too much...And I fell unconcious.

When I awoke, the world arounded me was still shrouded in darkness and I wondered if I was really awake. I looked around me a the same cold fear came back to me once again.
"What the...w-where...?"
Then suddenly a voice shouted out from behind me.
"Hey, kid! No cuttin' in da line!"
"Huh?" I spun around and saw a tall man wearing a white, 30's style suit that looked as if he had just jumped out of a New York gangster movie. "M-me? Line?"
"Yea you! You heard me! Back of da' line, kid!"
It was then that I fianlly noticed where he was standing and my jaw practically dropped to the ground. A long line of people was stretched out in front of me, with no visible end in either direction. The people in the line were all dressed differently and they looked like they all came from different eras of time.
'W-what the...! Where in the Hell am I?" I cried, my eyes as wide as tennis balls.
"Jeez kid, you must really be new around here," said the man in a very pronounced Chicago accent, "Dis ain't Hell. Dis is limbo."
"Limbo???"
"Yeah, Limbo! Ya know, Purgatory! "da Inbetween"! Welcome to da line of eternity!"
"PURGATORY? You mean I'm....dead???" I screamed in disbelief.
Could this....really be happening to me?

The Muffin Man
30th March 2003, 03:16 PM
Modern Fighter name: Vengence Night(play on words from Knight)
Human name: Mike 'Vengence' Areku
Age at death: 21
Year of death: 1999
Method of murder: Shot 18 times in the face and chest. The wounds don't show over in the afterlife, thankfully, from the gruesome murder.
Description: He wears a black Metallica t-shirt with black pants. He is about 6'1, with a lean build, spiked up hair, and painted black fingernails. His hair is tipped off with red hair-die. He holds a katana on his back(his weapon). His noise-maker is an electric guitar strapped below his katana. His soul-catcher is a simple penlight.
Background: As the long-lost relative of Rachels fiancee, they hold a special link. He has never really cared to remember much, but chose a sword he remember from his life as a weapon, as he dispises guns...He was killed in a jealous rage by Varda's sister, as his girlfriend was the Electronic Arts prodigy that she was so tired of. Varda's sister had ripped off a gun on the way, however, rather than "subtly" kill him like she did her sister.
Personality: Cold and dark, but a good friend. He hates being alone, but at the same time, loves it...Since he believes he will never see Varda again.

Mike
------
I sighed and looked out over the ocean.
"Varda...God I miss her already..."I muttered.
"Don't worry,"Varda's sister, Vixen(sorry Dru ^^;), spoke up. I spun around, expecting to see Varda with her...but my heart sunk.
"Where's your sister?"
"Hospital..."
My eyes widened a bit. Why was she so calm!? How could she just say that so calmly...
"What the hell do you mean!? Why is she at the hospital??!?"
I saw something glint in her back pocket. She held the pistol at my forehead.
"You won't miss her. Hell, you might see her.."
She was going to kill me. What had I done to her?
"Vixen...calm down..."I said. She stepped forward and put the gun to my chest.
"I am calm. You're the one sweating bullets...Haha...no pun intended..."
She pulled back the trigger. The hammer slammed and a cold shot went through my chest.
"...You know, One shot will kill you...but let's just make sure you rue the day you were born...2..."
The hammer slammed again and she went up my chest.
"3, 4, 5, 6, 7..."
5 more shots, and my neck was punctured. How was I stayed alive so long...?
"8...9...10..."
My mind went blank as she shot my in the chin.
"11, 12...dammit..."
Now, I was watching as she shot my corpse, reloading of course, and finishing off at 18 before the cops came and took her.
"Get this kid to a hospital..."An officer said.
"No use..."Another said..."He's dead..."
A shiver ran down my spine. 18 bullets...in my chest and face...there wasn't enough of me to determine who I was, except by a DNA test...had my mom cared, she might have cried...
"We can't even get a ****ing DENTAL record, the guys teeth are blown to bits..."
I shivered. All my life I wandered the Earth, looking for somebody. Now I had ended my life without Varda as I had always hoped...
"Varda..."I fell to my knees.
"I've...failed you..."

Drusilla
31st March 2003, 07:56 AM
~*~Morbid V~*~
Frenzy... Jumping... Noise... Yelling... Fun! KoRn was on stage, the best part of the show...
I felt strange again. I mean, this was worse. I tapped my sister Vixen (OOC- Mike, you had to, didn't you?!) on the shoulder and we left the pit. I sat down on the lawn.
"Dude, I feel awful. I mean, good Lord," I felt like I was turning green.
"Kay, let's get you away from these people before you spew. You look terrible," She helped me up.
When we were away from the crouds, I puked. Instead of feeling better, I was feeling worse. I collapsed to the ground.
"Poor, poor little Varda. Too bad mommy's not here to help you!" she daunted.
"Shut up," I growled.
"Ohh, what ya gonna do, puke on me? Or maybe your magic lil boyfriend will appear to protect you!" She was grinning. I tried to get up, but the pain was unbelievable. She drew a knife, and I could only stare, horrified.
"Vixen, no... what are you doing?" I wimpered. I'd never felt so helpless.
"I'm so sick of you. I've watched you grow up, always the favorite, then you got that job that should have been mine!"
The first plunge was almost unbearable. I looked at the blood quickly staining my shirt.
"No... Vixen... why?"
"Shut up, you!" She kicked me, my head slamming into a lightpole. Everything was fading to black... I couldn't see anything but her and her bloodstained hands.
"Rot in hell, you little b*tch!" She snarled and stabbed me again. Then, she left.
Death came too slowly. Pain... God, the pain... Help me... No one's there... Mike... where are you?
Darkness... who knows how long I was in darkness. Then...
WHAM!
I'm alive again. No, not alive. I'm dead. But, I have a body. What's going on? I have to do something... Kill one hundred innocent people, or capture one hundred demons. Why? I could pass on finally. But I had only a certian amount of time...
~*~
Finish later... Sorry...

Bulbasaur4
31st March 2003, 09:50 AM
Sirene Vilya - Shadow V

"Wait!" I cried, as the two strange creatures- they were humans, but they looked so odd, turned to look at me.
" Where are you going?"
"To find..."
"...the others!" They responded in unison, well... one saying one thing, and th eother saying the next. I was confused...

How could I be dead? I'm not dead... no, I can't be....
I thought, slowly shutting my eyes ... and then reopening them.
" I'm not dead! Your wrong!" I yelled suddenly- maybe it was frustration, but meeting these two was far too weird.
"But you are!" One of them cried, and I shook my head even more violently- the ribbons of my hair strands rippling as my fierce gaze turned hostile.
"No I'm NOT! How could I be dead?! This is silly! I'm not dead!"
I quickly turned around to face the ledge overlooking the river and pressed myself against it, leaning my elbows and face over the edge as I rested there...
How...
"You are dead. You must realize this." The two stated, one hopping on either side of me. I shut my eyes..
"How can I be dead? Dead people are supposed to go to heaven... or hell... and I'm not. I'm on Earth, unless heaven suddenly got a tragic make-over, I'm not there. I'm not in hell either... or I suggest the temperature be turned upa bit. No, dead people don't just stay on earth... "
"You are-"
"NO!" I shouted at them, and I quickly ran off- away from them.
They were playing some mean trick just to spite me... sure there were odd things that have happened these last two years, but... I couldn't be dead... there was no... no way. Besides, people were just playing a trick on me... that's it, just a trick.

I ran as fast as I could down an empty street which ran along side the river... it was late, no one would see me..
If t hey would anyway..

Asilynne
31st March 2003, 10:00 AM
Modern Fighter name: Chaos O

Human name: Carlotta O'Riley

Age at death: 19

Year of death: 1976, New York City

Method of murder: Shot in the heart by mistake by her brother at her wedding (explanations below)

Description: Wears a white frill-less old fashioned dress, has black hair with a blue tint and large soul-ful black eyes Her noisemaker is an Irish Ocarina, her weapon is her enlarged wedding ring w/ spikes and her soul-catcher is a mirror locket she wears around her neck. Ah heck Ill put up a pic soon ^-~

Background: Imagine a nice New York wedding, lively music playing, people dancing and everyone basically having an all around good time. Sound good? Now what if you were marrying the wrong nationality? Carlotta is Italian. Her husband happened to be Irish. If anyone knows anything about the gangs of New York (never saw the movie but the actual gangs) the different nationalitys never got along, and they prefered to stick to their own 'kinds'. Because of this Carlotta had to get married in secret, the problem? Her family wasnt happy with it. And being a mob family they had connections. Her brother took it a bit far and, at her wedding, made arrangment for her unlucky husband to bite the big one. So while they were dancing he took his oppotunity.
BANG!!!
Unfortunatly, as the couple moved to the music, Carlotta found herself having to deal with a bullet going through her husbands shoulder and int her heart. Her husband lived. She did not.
Her husband is still alive and probably in his 30's 40's

Personality: Dying violently during the most happiest moment in her life, she has an air of sadness for a happy future denied her, but also has an irrepressable determination to get back what she lost and live happily once again. Has a very hot-tempered nature that death hasnt managed to cool, and, though she doesnt know who fired the shot she figured it was someone from her family and if she saw any of them would probably have the urge to go after them which would blow her cover.

*~Carlotta Zanser-O'Riley~*

'Just married', said the back of the limo. Lively Irish music was playing, and the only one wearing a veil was the bride. But quickly the event of the church changed from a wedding to a funeral. What a sad and heart-breaking story the tragic murder of a young bride is.....

"It wasnt MY TIME DAMMIT!!!!" I yelled for the 230,987,369 th time since I was cruelly ripped from my happy life. Murdered, MURDERED ON MY f-ing wedding day!! What the f*** was up with that?! "DAMN THEM ALL!!!" My family was probably responsible for this. They always hated Faolan, and they didnt even hate him for WHO he was, oh no. They hated him for WHAT he was. All because of some stupid rule they had.
"Now Carly I dont see why you cant marry a nice Italian man! Whats wrong with your own kind!? You gotta go off and marry some Irish guy and make my grandchildren half-breeds?! If your grammy was still alive GOD REST HER SOUL shed be rolling around in her grave if she found out her dear Carlotta was.."
My Ma, going on and on about how much she was disappointed in me, not even realising she wasnt makin a lick o' sense. I could still hear her now. Ah, she woulda fired that shot too...
I sighed. Even though she wasnt happy about my wedding I knew SHE wouldnt have shot me. In fact I could just imagine the scene after I died. "Whats this Carly?! Dyin on your wedding day?! What kind of girl have I raised, what kind of mother am I, to have a child with so much disrespect?!? I tought I reared you better than that, you gotta be dere for your husband, not dyin before you bring any grandchildren into this world!! Ohhhh I failed as a mother, what kinda example was I to have raised such a...."
For a brief moment I smiled. Yeah, that was my Ma. I was always havin to tell her ta give it a rest, and then shed look at me and we d laugh at her good-natured rants. SHE wouldnt, couldnt have done it, even though she wasnt happy about it. Because she always wanted me to be happy.

And being dead does NOT make me happy.

"DAMMIT!!!!!" I yelled yet again, remembering that I WAS dead and I wouldnt see my beloved Faolan again. I threw my bouquet as hard as I could towards the back of the extremely long line I was in, and was about to start ranting again when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a girl around my age holding my bouquet back to me. "I caught this, and maybe in another life it mightve been true..." She said with a slight laugh. I just looked at her. "Ah, so you were gonna get married too? Euh...dyin sucks doesnt it?" The girl nodded. "Hell yeah it sucks! I was in a club, I was drinking :D And I had my man there with me and THEN!! Then some stupid 'modern fighter' came and ruined it ALL!!"
I sighed. "Yeah I know what that feels like, I was dancing at my wedding and then one of my f***ing family members went and shot a literal F***ing hole in my heart." I sighed, shaking my head. After a moment I looked back up at the girl. "Hey, whats your name anyway, sister? Seems like we re in the same F***ing boat here."
She smiled and stuck out her hand. "Fiona. Fiona Connelly. I died in 2003."
I shook her hand and put my hands on my hips. "Well your a future girl, arent ya? Im Carlotta Zanser-O'Riley, but you can call me Carly. I died in 1976."
Fiona was about to say something but then the smile dropped stgraight off her face as another girl came up to us in line. "Carlotta O'Riley? Died 1976?" She asked, looking at me. I just stared at her and nodded. "Yeah. Died 1976. But it WASNT MY TIME DAMMIT!!!" The girl, unfazed, just nodded. "Yes, I know. I think EVERYONE in this line knows." She smiled slightly and then turned to Fiona. "Fiona Connelly? Died 2003?"
Fiona snarled. "I think YOU should KNOW, your the one who KILLED me after ALL!!!" She shouted at the still unfazed girl.
I was about to join her and demand some answers when she put up her hand to stop us. "Im Rachel Xavier, and like you I died an unnatural death when it wasnt my time. Because of that I was allowed to become a modern fighter, and Im now known as Random X."
"Killing me was sure random enough...." Fiona mumbled. Neither me or Random X seemed to pay much attention though. "Modern Fighter..." I said, studying her carefully. "What is that, like Charlies Angels?" Random X looked confused. "Im not sure...but come with me. Both of you have been chosen, and once you become Modern Fighters you could have a chance for another life. A chance at the life denied you..."
Another chance....a chance for life, happiness, and a future. I looked at the Modern Fighter, then turned towards Fiona, my new friend from the Future.
"Well, what have we got to lose?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought Id set the stage for the explanations to the newly dead! ^-^ I can already tell this is gonna be a blast Jennie!!
Oh and please forgive all my language. Its starting to sound like the Godfather and Goodfellas all in one ^-^()

Undomelin
31st March 2003, 07:12 PM
Arlawyn Schindler/Avarlinde S
----------------
I could still feel the pain. Not physically, but emotionally... The night my life had been taken from me- it had haunted my mind since the year of my death.
I had visited Roy the day I died, I stood outside his window... he was crying, staring at a ring with a galloping horse engraved on it.
"I was going to marry you, Arla," he whispered softly. The intense sorrow in his face explained it all... he missed me as much as I missed him. "I really was."
At that time I still believed I was alive. I tried to yell at him, tell him that I was there, right under his nose... but he wouldn't, couldn't listen to me.
Out of anger, I visited him every day after that, trying to communicate with him. One dreary night, when it rained madly from the heavens, I finally began to think of myself as dead... or at least gone.
"I'm sorry, Arla.. I should have been there... I could have stopped him... my Arla..."
Roy was only getting sicker. His eyes were nearly swollen shut, and the box of tissues his mother had brought to him a few minutes earlier had completely disappeared. He had ripped the box to create extra tissues, leaving a giant mess on the floor.
"Roy, snap out of it! I'm not dead!" I shouted, beginning to become truly concerned about his health. But before I could stop them, wet, round tears rolled down my cheeks.
Or was I?
The next day I arrived, Roy had gone. He was nowhere to be seen... but a piercing shriek emitted by his mother told me something just wasn't right.
A funeral was held for Roy the upcoming day, and that could only mean my love had left the world. My laughter through the pain had gone.
I sobbed uncontrollably as I recollected my thoughts, I tried not to remember but it was impossible- Roy's loving smile was hidden in every corner of my mind. I was dead- and he had died out of sorrow for me. He had taken his own life, as the policemen said, and his mother explained to them what made him do so.
The two policemen were ugly, one was fat and the other skinny. The fat one had a scratchy looking beard growing quickly, and his skinny counterpart had a mullet that would have looked nice if not for his hauntingly crooked nose. It looked as if he had played hockey and gotten some of his teeth knocked out.
The cops were confused.
"An Arlawyn Schindler? I thought she had commited suicide too," muttered the skinny cop.
"No, Roy always told me someone named Kyle Wing had murdered her," replied Roy's mom, sounding just as confused as the mullet man.
"That's quite impossible, ma'am. Kyle Wing is a good boy, his father is the head of the police station," said the fat cop matter-of-factly. Roy's mom looked annoyed, as if she dared anyone to say that her son, who had always gotten good marks in school, had lied to her. She looked ferocious, even hostile, as her rather pretty face scrunched up nastily, trying to hold it in.
I almost laughed, and I would have, if I wasn't in the state of half-depression. Roy's mom was a wonderful person, a great baker and cook, who made everyone feel welcome with her warm personality and smile. Roy always told me that his mom adored me, that she thought I was pretty, tall and smart.
"She flatters me," I whispered lovingly into Roy's ear. He laughed, his (Independence Day) President Whitmore-like voice ringing clearly in the air.
It pained me to think of him. Sometimes I would wonder if the remaining pain was the result of Roy's death, or my own violent death. I was convinced it was a mixture of both, but my heart told me it was because of Roy.
"Don't think of him, Arla, it'll only make the pain worse," it seemed to tell me irritably. I trusted my heart, and believed all that it had said was true.
It was time to find out it my heart was right. I missed Roy. More than words could ever express.

Mewtwo-D2
31st March 2003, 08:37 PM
Random X
~~~~~~~~~

More people had accepted the terms of the Modern Fighter. As I currently had the most experience, I had been chosen to escort them to our base.

The huge concrete building was cold and drafty, as most of the windows had been broken. But cold wasn't really a problem for any of us anymore... It was an old warehouse, converted for our use by humans who called themselves 'guides'. Some of them tried to liven up the inside with bright paint and decorations, but what was the use of that? Maybe some of the newer dead found it comfortingly close to life, but I found it creepy and unnatural. The only rooms which were important were the dark room, and the room with the Scale. Let the new ones look around later... they only needed to know where the Scale was right now.

I led them down the main hallway, ignoring the doors on the sides. I kept my pace as brisk as possible, partially to keep the newest one from making snide comments. I paused at a set of orange steel double doors.
"If you are ready to try to regain your life, the solution is behind this door. At this point, you can still turn around and wait in line until you can be sent to where you are going. Do any of you wish to turn back?"

The Muffin Man
31st March 2003, 09:16 PM
Mike
------
I was the first to step up, and put my hand to my chest.
"For Varda...I will go through that door. I don't know, nor do I care, what awaits me. I'm going to get revenge on that heartless ***** Vixen, who killed her own sister..."
Random X, as she told me her 'name' was, smiled and nodded.
"You're a brave soul...oops...sorry, no pun intended..."
I looked back at the group.
"So, who else here wants to make damn sure that no one ELSE gets away with murder, like our killers?"
I looked out across the crowd...hoping to see Varda somewhere...

It's short and crappy I know ^^;

Mystic_clown
31st March 2003, 10:01 PM
Twin Z (Zorn)
------------------------
We caught up to Sirene and jumped in front of her to stop her.
"You must accept it," I said, "You're dead, just like us.
"Then why aren't I in Heaven or Hell?" she asked.
"Died before your time you did," Thorn replied.
"you mean I was murdered?" she asked.
"That's right," I replied, "You see, if you die before your time, you don't go to either Heaven nor Hell. Many of us have suffered the same fate."
"I refuse to believe it!" she cried.
"With us come then," Thorn said, "And prove it we shall." We turned and and walked towards the cliff where we met.

Drusilla
1st April 2003, 07:21 AM
Sorry... I was gonna post yesterday during lunch, but there was a fire and we got sent home... just another day at school for me...:rolleyes:

~*~Morbid V~*~
"Do any of you wish to turn back?"
I asked myself this. No, what was the use. At least this way, I'd be able to get wherever it was I was bound to faster. Hell. I knew I was going to Hell, but I could dream, couldn't I? Maybe if Vixen was still alive, I could have some fun with her too. Yeah, might as well take this chance. Nothing to lose, all to gain. Fun, fun... it's all a game. That's all life is, it's a game. And I lost because someone pulled cards out of thier sleeves. For that, they were going to lose the arm they used. Maybe the hand. Oh, and the eye that they saw the cards with. Fun... If I had to suffer, if Mike had to suffer, than they would too one hundred fold. Die... all die. Gone... yes, gone.
A voice as sweet as the sound of running water in the middle of winter sliced through my thoughts like a hot knife in butter.
No... it couldn't be...
She, Ramdom X, asked if anyone else would stand. Next to her...
"I will. I have nothing to lose anymore." I stated, holding my head high. I pushed my way through the croud to the front, to Mike...
"Varda?" he whispered.
"Could be, love. I don't even know anymore," I replied silently. I wanted to kill, for others to die worse deaths than we did...
~*~
Mwhahahahaha....

Shaka
1st April 2003, 03:23 PM
Is it too late to sign in?

Mewtwo-D2
1st April 2003, 05:02 PM
I always accept late sign-ups ^_^ Just post your bio at the sign-up topic

Bulbasaur4
1st April 2003, 05:18 PM
Okay... t ime to get myself up there. ^^;

Sirene Vilya- Shadow V

I still didn't want to grasp it... but then, it did make some sense..
No one hears you... really, no one calls you or tries to get you anymore. It's like you don't exist... your mother... crying... father denying it, the blood... the police... 'murder'

I stopped following the two short people and suddenly broke out crying. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I knelt to the ground and covered my face with my pale cold hands..
"I.. i-I.. why? Wh-why would some one do this to me?" I gasped for some air, as I quickly gazed up with water-filled tears and the two just shrugged.
"No one knows."
I filled my lungs with air with a staggering breath, and then slowly released it as I whiped away my tears and gathered myself.
" Fine... but if I am dead, th-then.. what do I do? Just stay here- foreveR?"
"No!" One of them shouted, as he dashed past me.
"Follow us!! To RAndom X!"
"Yes! Follow!"

I then tore off running... following these two scurryign little people as we dashed down the streets. We kept going what seemed liek forever... until we entered a building. My eyes were wide... but soon, I entered and many faces gazed at me. It was strange indeed... so many faces, all differently dressed...
"How long have they been here?"
I wondered... and then I began to think of where I actually was. But then, I gazed up to see a figure which seemed to be more... more... leader-like, as if they knew what they were doing. I completely was dazed however, when I saw a group of females walking away... slowly one of the lead females talked to many people, and slowly they seemed to be going away some where.
"Wait!"
I gave a shout, my face in a pained expression of confusion and yet bewilderment... just before I coudln't believe I was dead... and even know, the thought of it made me... made every thing almost unreal. It was freaky...
They stopped, and many gazed at me with either an expression of bewilderment or aggrivation. I cringed... I didn't like so many faces staring at me, who knows what they could be thinking.
"Yes?" The lead one said.
I trotted over to them briskly, my ribbon-like hair swaying madly as I did so.
" I-I'm... Sirene Vilya." I said shakily, as the other nodded.
" I'm Racheal or Random X as they call me now." I nodded slightly, as another girl looked at me.
"When did you die? It must have been recent judging by your clothing.."
I cringed slightly... When did I die?. It was never a question I ever, EVER expected to hear... and it almost made me choke up again but... no, I had to accept that... this was real. I was dead, and ... I had lived a life which ended too abruptly. I was in freak'n college and I never got a chance to live! The memories of that night... they were vivid...
" I... I died in 2001 " I said slowly, and the girl nodded. "I knew it."

The one named Rachel, or 'Random X' I guess... which some how reminded me of those super-comics or some thing of the sort, and it was extremely strange. Everyone kept talking about becoming a , "Modern Fighter", which was even more bizzare. A fighter? For the dead?

"If you are ready to try to regain your life, the solution is behind this door. At this point, you can still turn around and wait in line until you can be sent to where you are going. Do any of you wish to turn back?"

Then a male stepped forward, bold and daring as he said he would revenge the deaths. Then a female stepped up as well... and it seemed to me like they knew each other,... yes, they had to know each other. I froze... we ... we had to speak up? Before we passed these strange doors?
[i]It's all so unreal... like a foggy dream amongst teh shadows." I thought, frowning... but nodding none the less.
" I won't turn back... I've been running alone in the shadows all my life, and I won't go back now to face my own demons in my mind again..." I spoke, my voice strong and bold... which surprised me as well. I never knew I could speak with such... serious and determination at hand. None the less, I nodded to Random X and to the others who gazed at me, not willing to back down now.
What else was there? I never wanted to be lonely again..

SmearGal
1st April 2003, 05:27 PM
XD What about late posters? A million apologies, I had 7 hours of homework yesterday and Sunday was a mess...*sighs* And, I'll be gone all next week...--';; My life is falling apart...XD Well, not really, but it sure is annoying...

Modern Fighter name: K-uki (Can be said either Kay-ooki (People she doesn't know) or kooky (People she does know))
Human name: Kara Touki
Year of death: 2000
Method of murder: Kidnapped, stabbed, then eaten alive
Description: She has dirty blonde hair down to shoulder length. Her eyes are a deep blood red as she definitely bled allot during her murder. She wears a black long sleeve shirt a bit lengthier than her arms, so the sleeves hide her hands, baggy black jeans, and black shoes. She also has a black sweater, which she tied around her waist, only out of habit. Her weapon is a sword (have a picture later, 'cause I don't feel like describing it), and her Soul Catcher is a sketchbook. (She'll draw the demon, or something, and it gets sucked inside. Erasing a picture may cause the demon to escape, so she guards her sketchbook with her life...err...death...err...Gah whatever, she just guards it.) And her Noise Maker is her singing...
Background: Here’s how she died: She was sitting outside sketching a picture when somebody came up, grabbed her, and forced her to enter a house. (She finds out it was her father's employee that he had fired earlier. He was reeeallly mad, let's say, and wanted to take out his revenge.) In the house, she was stabbed in the stomach and multiple other places, but the main thing was the stomach. The murderer thought she was dead, so he panicked (realizing what he had done) and threw her body into the sewer near his house. After waking up, she was bleeding profusely, and (unfortunately for her) this attracted the horrid sewer rats, and they slowly ate her alive. The worst part about it, was she could still see, so she saw the rats, but she couldn’t do anything about it (towards the end, they finally got her eyes, so that’s why they’re red). Neighbors heard the screams of pain, and found her body a couple of days later. Police arrested the guy, and put him in a loony bin. He obsesses about it now, so she has a bit more time until he completely cracks.
Personality: Very quiet. She's kind of shy, but once she gets to know you, she's a great friend. She doesn't really enjoy company, and if anyone carries a knife, or sword, and is looking at her oddly, she turns very cold towards them.
Other: She still likes to sit in the park and continues to sketch in her sketchbook.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K-uki (Kara Touki)

Death. I thought. Odd thing, really, if you think about it.

I sat, watching people passing me by...no glances my way...I curled up in a ball, my arms wrapped around my legs, gazing fitfully at them, my sword clinking slightly at my side.

You never know when it's coming...or how it'll come... I continued, glaring down the street...at the house...

How did it happen? I asked myself quietly. It seems ages and ages ago...

But I remembered it precisely...so vivid in my mind...as if only yesterday...I remembered the ice cold grip of the knife as he shoved it mercilessly into my stomach...the slow, ever-present burning as the rats gnawed...their light, glittering eyes a constant façade as they ate...

I shuddered involuntarily. That’s certainly something I don’t want to go through again... Sighing, I suddenly sat up straight. I had an odd feeling I needed to be somewhere...

But I’m dead, where would I need to be? I asked myself wonderingly, but I stood up anyway, my sword clinking near my side. Turning the other way, I kind of jumped back, narrowly avoiding a living person walking through me. ((OOC: Can living people walk through you? Pleeeeeease?! XD!))

Shaking my head, I turned, looking around, when something caught my eye. It was an old building, crumbling and very tattered looking. It was something...I hadn’t really noticed before...

Narrowing my eyes, I saw a group of people enter the building...but no living turned to look at their passing, like normal...

Odd... I thought. ...damn my curiosity...I might as well follow them in...

Tucking my sketchbook into my sweater, I slowly followed them inside.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^-^';; Just make her turn up in there, if you want, that's the only way I can think to tie her in with what you guys have so far.

Mewtwo-D2
1st April 2003, 06:57 PM
Living people can walk through you until you become a Modern Fighter. Then your body is corporeal, but you'll have an unmistakable aura of death to those who are sensitive to it, and just feel very creepy to those who don't.

Drusilla
4th April 2003, 11:46 AM
*pokes*
Someone post! Please! come on! Argh! Fine!
Hmm... I'm going to assume that we can touch others like us before we become Modern Fighters, but not... how descriptive is THAT?
~*~Varda~Morbid V~*~
I looked into his eyes. I loved his eyes. I never thought that I'd see them again. The last eyes I'd seen were the hate-filled eyes of my sister. I didn't even know if my body had been found. I was never one to hang around and find out what happens.
I reached out to touch his hand. The sensation was odd... I could tell that there was contact, but at the same time, couldn't. I swore internally. Vixen hadn't even left us this...
Around us, people were stepping up to take thier chance at "regaining life". It gave me a bad feeling, but I'd do anything to at least be able to touch Mike. Anything. Even if it ment going to Hell...
When it seemed clear that everyone had decided if they were going to go or stay, Random X turned to the orange doors, and they slowly opened. Light flooded my vision. I raised my hand to shield my sensitive eyes from the light.
Then, it was gone. We stood in a room that was like none that I had seen before. Swirls of light made up the walls.
"You have made your choise. You will be sent back to the world, and you will be given yet another choise. Either capture one hundred demons and gain admittance to heaven, or slay one hundred innocent souls and go to hell. Your path is yours to choose, but choose wisely. You have untill you are forgotten by those on earth."
I spoke up. "How do we do this capture and slay and other crap?"
She looked at me. "You will be given a weapon, a soul catcher, and a noise maker, like so."
The light returned. When it left, I had...
A body?! This was weird...
Not only that, but I had on my favorite jacket, and my pentagram necklace. It was my favorite peice of jewlery. Mike had given it to me for my 16th birthday. It was made of a black, shiny metal... very pretty. I held a whip, my weapon I supposed. Intresting...
"You may form groups, or you may travel alone. No matter which, you have a scale that will change everytime you capture another demon or soul. Good luck."
~*~
Sorry... Is that OK? This needed a kick in the arse...

Kuro Espeon
4th April 2003, 03:38 PM
Fiona Connelly/Firey C:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a way...all of this seemed so amazing! New bodies! A new chance at life! It was all too good to be true. Which is why I was having a hard time buying this "Modern Fighter" crap...
"Hold on a sec!" I said raising my hand in the air. "Random X" turned and looked at me with the same blank expression as she had held before. "Question. So...your telling me...that we'll be getting "temporary" bodies, soul catching devices and weapons, and we'll have to go around slaying/catching evil demons until we fill your "quota" and then be restored to life? Sounds a little too superhero-ish and hokey to me....how do we know that all this is for real?"
Random X's lips curled into a small smirk. "Well...there really wouldn't be any point in us lying to you now, would there? I mean...you are already dead after all, what more do you have to lose?"
I heard someone in the back muffle a snort of laughter. I looked back over my shoulder but couldn't figure out who it was. Meanwhile, Random X continued speaking.
"I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm simply offering an alternative to death. It is a chance to reclaim what you have unfairly lost. however, if you don't want to do it I can just take you to your judgement now....I'm sure that you haven't done too many bad things in your life. Who knows! Maybe you'll even get into heaven..."
"M-Maybe?!" I stuttered. Then, the memories of my indiscretions and my many occurances of underage drinking flashed through my mind. I twitched with horror...then sighed and sweatdropped. "Where do I sign...?
Random X simply nodded. Moments later I found I was being wrapped with a soft white light. It spread over me and I felt a warmth, the warmth of life, return to me. When the light faded, my body was once again solid.
"Sweet!" I exclaimed, examining my self. I noticed that the small silver bell necklace that my boyfriend had given me. This was probably my "noise-maker." Tucked into either side of the waist of my shorts (and neatly hidden under my vest) were a pair of fans (upon furhter inspection I found that they were actually bladed on the ends!). And clipped to my beltloop was a small, black-cased tape recorder. "Hmm...well...I guess this won't be TOO bad..."
"Oh and by the way," Random X piped up, "Every Modern Fighter is given a new name accord to the their initial and their personality and fighting style. From now on you shall be known as...Firey C."
I blinked a couple of times and arched one eyebrow. "Firey C, huh? Did you make that up yourself?"
"I don't create these names...I simply distribute them." was her response.
"Uh-huh..." I said skeptically. It was then that I noticed something. Hanging from her neck was an item...a very familiar item. An old-fashioned black camera...
"HEY!!! WAIT A SECOND!" I cried, as the realization clicked in, "IT'S YOU!! YOU KILLED ME!!!!"
Random X's calm exterior briefly broke as she flinched nervously, holding up her hands defensivly and sweatdropping.
"Eh-heh....Oops...I was hoping you wouldn't remember that...ummm...Sorry?"
"AHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Kioshi Wakami
4th April 2003, 03:47 PM
OOC: Gomen nasai Minna-san! I won't be able to post for awhile here but feel free to move my character about. I'll be back by Monday hopefully. Ja na! :EndOOC

Drusilla
8th April 2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Kioshi Wakami
OOC: Gomen nasai Minna-san! I won't be able to post for awhile here but feel free to move my character about. I'll be back by Monday hopefully. Ja na! :EndOOC

O.o; What's that in English?
Hmmm... someone else post please!

Asilynne
8th April 2003, 01:03 PM
~Chaos O~
"In New York freedom looks like, too many choices..."

FLASH!!!

Suddenly the room with the Angel/Devil scales was gone and I found myself........home.
New York City, the Big Apple. I was home again!! But upon closer inspection of my surroundings I saw that something wasnt right.
A BIG something.
As in the whole city was bigger, and it was moving WAY too fast. I mean, it moved fast before, but NOTHING like this. All around me surges of people were darting this way and that like f***ing schools of fish! It was pure madness!
"Hey!! Watch where your going, *******! Just cause I was dead doesnt mean I dont have feelings!!!" A voice shouted behind me. "....Fiona?" She whirled around and saw me. "Oh, hey. Yeah I figured that since youve been 'in limbo' for so long youd get lost in the modern world of today. So I thought, why not hang with you and show you the sights of the 'future'." She grinned, looking around. "Now this is my kinda place. New York. They must have some majorly cool clubs....."
I looked at her and grinned. "Well if your thinking about gettin some alcohol, fahget about it. Random X said we re not allowed to drink, these bodies are kinda being 'loaned' to us so we cant mess em up."
Fiona looked offended. "WHAT?! We cant DRINK!? Whats the point of being alive if you cant drink!!!!"
I sighed. "Not only that but we cant talk to anyone we knew in our lives. Said it would 'mess up the balance' or something. In any case it would cause us to have to go back to our place in line."
"Man, all these rules bite! I say we stick it to the Man and go do whatever the hell we want! Drinks are on me!" Fiona, or rather, Firey C as she was now known as, said. I wasnt exactly sure who 'the Man' was, but at that moment I heard a mans voice ring out from the noisy crowds of the people.
"C...Carly?!"
It was a voice I never thought Id hear again. A voice that always filled me with happiness but also today filled me with fear. Fear of what it could mean.
"Faolan..."
Firey C looked at him standing there, unmoving among the surges of people, and then glanced at me, a questioning look on her face. "Who is that old guy?" she said, meaning the fact that he looked in his fourties. I took a deep breath. "Thats Faolan O'Riley..." I said, in a voice awed with fear.
"Thats my husband...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh!!!!! Oh!!! lol
Now, Carly cant go up to him and talk to him, and If he tries to talk to her then she cant respond, but Fiona doesnt know him so she can say whatever the heck she wants! lol Have fun with this Sarah!

Drusilla
9th April 2003, 08:50 AM
~*~Morbid V~*~
The real world... California. It was a little different, but not much. What year was it? A newspaper stand said it was 2003. Damn, I missed the change of the millenium. Oh, well... I saw Mike nearby.
"Love... the world has changed. It's 2003..." I still was overwhelmed by it all.
He nodded. "It hasn't been that long. I hope we don't run into anyone who knows us. It'd be rather awkward to explain that we're back from the dead, wouldn't it?"
I grinned. "But it'd be so much fun!"
He shook his head. "No love, let's not cause any more chaos than necsissary. I have a feeling that we will cause chaos, no matter what."
I liked chaos. Chaos was good. Chaos was very good. Like mosh pits...
Vixen. The smile was wiped from my face instantly. Mike saw, and he didn't even have to ask. He knew what I was thinking.
"Library love?" I asked. This caused him to look at me quizzicly.
"What for?" he asked.
"Libraries keep records of newspapers. Newspapers report news, like sports, and entertainment, and murder trials." I explained.
His eyes lit up. "Yes, very true. Good idea."
We walked down the street towards one of the many libraries in San Fran. It took awhile to get used to the rush of traffic again, after the cold silence of limbo.
In the library, I went to the circulation desk. The librarian looked at me nervously.
"May I help you?" she asked.
"Yeah, do you have newspapers from about, oh, mid summer '99? Specificly anything about a trial for double homicide."
She looked nervous at this. "Let me check..." She dissapeared into a back room. I tapped my fingers on the counter. She returned with several floppy disks.
"Look on these, you can use the computers over there," she motioned to a group of computers off in a corner, far away from the circulation desk. I got the feeling that she didn't really want Mike and I near her. Random X had said something about people being able to tell that we weren't quite... alive.
I popped the first disk into the drive and ran a search. Nothing. Another. Still, nothing. Nothing.... nothing.
The last disk. I prayed to whatever powers held sway over the universe that they would let at least one thing go right for me.
Bingo! "Vixen Morgil on trial for murder of sister's boyfriend and suspected murder of sister."
There were several articles. Her arrest... Awaiting trial. The actual trial. Convicted. The convictions didn't mean shnit to me, but she was still alive... perfect. My first soul. But... Mike? Maybe he should take her. He hadn't had anything to do with it. It was my fault that he was killed...
I wrote down some information about where she was, and returned the disks to the librarian.
"Shall we go have some fun love?" I asked Mike.
He smiled. "Why not?"
~*~

Drusilla
11th April 2003, 07:55 AM
*poke* Please... don't die... someone post... ;_;
Please?

Mewtwo-D2
22nd April 2003, 04:21 PM
Random X
~~~~~~~~
I walked ahead of the newer fighters, hoping they wouldn't attract much attention. Generally, people could feel some presence of death, and thus chose to ignore us... but some people were strongly attracted to death. I was looking for those people- they were the kinds that demons possessed easily.

Even though it was almost noon, everything had a grey mist over it, making seeing even harder on death-dulled eyes. But I kept walking, down to the harbor. Down to the filthy waters teaming with life and death. So close to the way I remembered it- the same wrinkle-faced old barge men, the same piles of garbage, the same ragged children playing on the edge of oblivion. Here, despair was tangible: a fitting place to find a demon. He was here... a young, strong one... strong, but foolish. His aura of virile evil shone like a beacon amidst tired decay. Quickly, I motioned the other Modern Fighters towards me.
"There's a demon here," I whispered as they came closer.
"Are you sure it's a demon? Maybe it's an innocent girl trying to enjoy herself," Firey C said sarcastically.
I glared at her but didn't reply.
Geez, you kill one person accidentally....
"I want you all to watch what I do- he's not the only demon we'll find on the waterfront, I can assure you. But he's the easiest to find," I said, unshuttering my camera and winding it.
With a motion for them to be silent, I quickly slipped around two old men arguing in German and saw my prey. Young, tall, and handsome, with thick black hair tucked under a cap, his physical features stood out just as much as his aura. He was arrogant about his demonic beauty, and even while feasting on death and decay, he kept his borrowed body in prime condition. He must have stolen it from a newly buried rich boy- no other way to explain the pale, slender features, and the smooth way he walked. Putting on my best smile, I came forward.

"Excuse me, sir, I'm doing a photo shoot for a magazine on 'Life on the Waterfront'. If you'll pardon my saying so, sir, I think you would look perfect for the cover."
His smile was bright, but it showed quite plainly that he knew he was the obvious choice for the cover of a magazine.
"Certainly. Always glad to help a lovely young lady..."
"Thank you, sir. Do you mind if we move to a better space though?"
"Not at all. Where were you thinking?"
"Over there," I pointed to a secluded pier backlit by the floodlights of warehouses. "I'm getting inspiration for a shot there..."
A few moments later I had him posed against a piling, staring off into the harbor, his fingers thoughtfully tapping his chin.
"There we are," I said cheerily. "The young dock worker staring off into the infinity of a lonely ocean, behind him the only life he has ever known."
"That's very poetic," he commented.
"Oh, didn't I tell you? I also do captions. Now, turn a little more towards the ocean: I want your profile to really stand out against the warehouses."
"Like this?" he asked adjusting himself.
"Yes, just like that... Perfect. Ready?"
"Ready," he said, smoothing his features into one of quiet contemplation.
"Good..." slowly I lifted my camera and aimed. He really did make a striking picture: this one was definitely going on my wall. I closed my eyes for a second, then shot.

The filthy brown waves continued to lap the shore, carrying the fresh body to his final resting place beneath the sea.

Drusilla
23rd April 2003, 07:52 AM
~*~Morbid V~*~
We walked into the security office.
"Yes?" asked the guard on duty.
"I'd like to see a certian Vixen Morgil," I announced. I wasn't going to take no for an answer.
"One moment," he said, going into a back room.
I squeezed Mike's hand. "You can take her love. You didn't have to suffer..." I whispered to him.
"I would have died from a broken heart anyway. At least this way we're together in one way or another," he murmured back.
The guard was back. "Sorry, she's not allowed visitors outside of the family. Do you have a relation to her?"
I smiled. "I'm her sister," I replied.
"Very funny, her sister's dead. That's why she's here. Now, tell me who you are or I'm going to have to call my supervisor."
"No, really, I am her sister. My name is Varda Morgil," I insisted. I reached in my pocket, and sure enough, there was my drivers licence and old EA employee ID card. I showed them to him, and his eyes bulged.
"Good God, I have never spoken against you... I have gone to church everyday... I've baptised my kids..." he said, trembling.
"That's nice, I'm sure He appreciates it. But he's a little busy with Judgement, trust me, the line's rather long. I was in it for about four years. Now, may we see my sister?"
He crossed himself and muttered some sort of prayer under his breath. "Follow me..." He said, still very shaken.
We did. He lead us through the halls. Security became higher and higher... then we reached an area labled "Mental Ward". So that's why she was still alive, must have pled guilty by insanity.
She was a wreck. She didn't even look up when we entered. The guard locked the door behind us. "I'm guessing that you folks can take care of yourself..." he said. "You have five minutes..." He left.
Only when he had gone did Vixen look up. And her eyes grew so wide that I thought that they'd just fall out.
"No... they said that the medication would make you go away..." she wimpered.
I walked accross the room and looked down at her. She was sitting on a bed, her hair messed and her clothes falling loosely around her bony body.
"No! You aren't real! You can't touch me!" she shrieked.
But I did. I took her face into my hand and held her face steady so that I could look directly into her eyes.
"I'm not real? I'm afraid that I am, dear sister. But you may not be for very long." My voice was colder than steel. There was no pity, no emotion at all in what I said. I let her face go, and her head fell to her chest.
"You killed us. Why? Because you thought that we'd never bother you again. But, dear sister, we're back. And we're going to make you dissapear."
Mike pulled out his penlight and shone it at her. She body fell limp to the bed. Perfect timing, as the guard now appeared.
"Time's up," he said nervously.
"She must be tired, she's fallen asleep," I told him. He took my word for it. And with that, Vengance Nite and Morbid V left the compound, never to think of Vixen again.
~*~