PDA

View Full Version : Battle Pyramid

Zak
25th July 2006, 03:31 AM
As some of you may know... the Battle Pyramid's happening about now.

It looks like it's stretched out, as Ash is having two rematches with Brandon. He already battled once against Regirock using Sceptile, and lost. A couple weeks from now he faces Registeel, and we already know he loses because the little preview teaser for episodes after that say he's planning to have a rematch. Our newest title a few episodes after that is VS Regice.

It's possible Ash may to some rotating, because the episode in between Registeel and Regice is "The Pokemon Center is Very Busy", but the summary doesn't exactly mention about switching, just about healing Pokemon...

Another thing... this might already be known, but is the anime using the Pyramid as Drake or the leagues to end the season? Or is it still for a symbol, meaning something after that?

I'm nearly positive it's the latter, just making sure.

Alsoo, who do you think Ash will use? Well, we know Aipom was caught after facing Regirock. You probably know where I'm going with this, and it'll sound absurd, but so far unless the episodes are back-to-back, almost always when Ash has a rematch with a Gym leader, he catches something in between. There was Sabrina (Haunter, maybe some thing it wasn't his but it helped), Claire (Well, the return of Charizard), Brawly (Corphish), Wattson (Not really a rematch but Torkoal), and maybe a few more... honestly it seems absurd that he'll beat or face one of the Regis with a fricking Aipom, unless he teaches it or it has something extremely useful, and fast. If he doesn't use it, this would be the first time Ash captured something in between a match and a rematch and didn't use it.

Other than that, I bet he'll use Donphan and/or Tauros.

~Zak

Chris 2.1
25th July 2006, 05:22 AM
From what I gather Brandon is simply the 7th and hardest brain but so far Ash only learned of the location after collecting 6 frontier symbols. Otherwise he could have challanged him nearer the start of his journey.

I'm not sure what's going on in the final but it is a 2-parter. It's perhaps simply a match with Regice, since the other 2 matches have had Steel and Rock respectively. In that sense, I see either Charizard returning, or simply Ash using current members (Pikachu [intro anyone?], Donphan or even Sceptile could probably take it on admirably).

If it's a 3-3 Regimatch (I am expecting this) over the 2 episodes, then I suppose we can expect to see Sceptile get redemtion against Regirock. As for Steele, we're unsure who is facing Registeel although I'm guessing Pikachu or Donphan again.

Aipom has a punch-like attack which may be focus punch, so it's plausible that he could take down Regirock or deal a "finishing blow". Torkoal was caught but never really accomplished anything in its career as a fire Pokemon so I don't think we should expect Aipom to be the same.

Tauros, Heracross, Charizard and Snrolax have all been used thus far and I can see all of them (minus Heracross) faring well against the Regi's. However since they've been used previously I can imagine another of his strong Oaks being used (Bayleef or Muk, perhaps? Or Glalie/Torkoal?) His Johto Pokemon team has (for the most part) had its day.

Judging by the pace, theres nothing after Brandon either. We have 3 unknown titles left of BF.

And what do I hear about another May and Drew ep?

Foguet
19th August 2006, 09:08 AM
On TV Tokyo's website there's the preview for the Regice episode but it only shows Charizard battling Brandon's... Dusclops!! So that comes as a surprise unless it's a 3 on 3 battle with Regice, Dusclops and something else.

Chris 2.1
19th August 2006, 04:56 PM
Sources say Ash gets Squirtle from Jenny, Bulbasaur from Oak and Charizard from Lisa. Brandon is shown to have a Dusclops and the match is a 4-4 so it looks like Ash may use Pikachu for a classic Kanto battle. And I'm thinking he just might win.

Pokemasterkatie
26th August 2006, 05:25 PM
Of course he'll win: They're ending this part of the series on episode 191, and this is the final Regi Ash has to face. I don't think he's had an opponent this hard since Sabrina.;)

Chris 2.1
28th August 2006, 07:49 PM
Whats surprised me is the line up for the final match:

Brandon
Dusclops
Solrock
Ninjask
Regice

Why doesn't he use Rock and Steel as well? I'm not sure what's quite going on there. It seems like this is a good way for Ash to win - Bulbasaur and Squirtle facing Regi's seemed odd, but I can see them beating these Hoenn Pokies.

Ash is also rumoured to be offered a place as a Frontier Brain IF he wins. So my guess is he wins, declines it and wanders off to Shinou.

Discuss.

TKnHappyNess
1st September 2006, 02:34 PM
Whats surprised me is the line up for the final match:

Brandon
Dusclops
Solrock
Ninjask
Regice

Why doesn't he use Rock and Steel as well? I'm not sure what's quite going on there. It seems like this is a good way for Ash to win - Bulbasaur and Squirtle facing Regi's seemed odd, but I can see them beating these Hoenn Pokies.

Ash is also rumoured to be offered a place as a Frontier Brain IF he wins. So my guess is he wins, declines it and wanders off to Shinou.

Discuss.

Brandon already used the others, and Ash lost against Registeel (it was the evil king of Pokelantis who lost against Regirock). So it would seem stupid to use them again.

Chris 2.1
2nd September 2006, 05:31 AM
Apart from the fact they've both defeated Ash's strong members, I can't quite see why your post makes sense. That's like saying Whitney shouldn't have used Miltank when 'she'd used it before, when it was the member of her team that proved a challange.

I think if Ash had faced this team first time he could have easily won. He's beaten Solrock before, with current members of his team.

Ultimate Charizard
23rd November 2006, 05:11 PM
Well one thing im thinking is that if Ash is calling back the old guard (Kanto Starters) for one last Battle then he may be leaving.
Remember not long ago there were rhumours of a new Girl joining (Hikari?) and it was assumed she'd replace Brock or May.

Who's to say Ash doesnt accept the offer of becoming a Brain?

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2006, 05:33 PM
Ash is confirmed to be in the next season. :\

Ultimate Charizard
23rd November 2006, 06:43 PM
Ah well. I only go on what i see on here lol.

I barely even watch it to be honest (lost all respect for the writers when they dumped Charizard)