PDA

View Full Version : "Bad Parameters"

Saffire Persian
27th July 2006, 01:39 PM
Okay, so I'm going about updating Dark Dragonite's ASB banner, and I get it finished, and I do the same things I always do when making ASB banners - saving them, times between frames, etc. But after I save it and go to upload it on an image hosting site, I get a "bad parameters" page. So, thinking that this was perhaps the fault of the site itself, I go to another imagehosting place, and see the same thing... I end up getting that same error message to whatever image place I go.

Anything I can do to fix this?

mr_pikachu
27th July 2006, 03:05 PM
Well, make sure you're using an appropriate file type. I'd imagine that .gif would be pretty widely accepted, but others often have problems (can't remember them offhand, and I'm away from my home comp). Aside from that... make sure it's within limits of picture dimensions and filesize.

Just to check, you can still access the file on your own comp, right? It hasn't been corrupted or anything?

Saffire Persian
27th July 2006, 05:07 PM
Yes I can. And I've submitted the banners to those image hosting sites before. I dunno what's worng with this one. XD I've been wondering if it got corrupted, as I just added on the new stuff from the old picture in MH signature... but Photoshop read it all right

Edit : I made new banners.. from scratch, and they won't even take those and they are very much in the size limitations. The sites won't even take images they have taken before. XD Does anyone know what the heck is wrong... is it my computer, or what?

XD

mr_pikachu
28th July 2006, 11:30 AM
Well, if you think it's your comp, maybe send it to someone and have them try to upload it...? Heck, I could try if you wanted, although I don't have the best net access right now. It might be tomorrow before I could try, depending on when you send it.

Not that I would mind, because I definitely wouldn't. I would never have offered if I was against doing it, but it's a word of warning to you, because I'm not sure if you have a deadline or something.)

In the meantime, two questions:

1. Did you ever say what file type you're using for this banner? That might help.

2. Which image hosting sites have you tried?

If you'd like me to try to submit it, I can. I can also be certain that it's not just another specific comp problem, because I can try it from... *checks the lab* ...33 different computers, if necessary. Just send me the file via PM if you like.

Saffire Persian
28th July 2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the offer, I tried uploading them on my new laptop, and they worked.

The pictures were .jpg and .gif

I tried tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, and another image hosting site I've never used before. They never rejected them on my new computer, but they continued doing so on my old computer. I might try a few things today, but i hope I'll be able to find the problem, or I'll be using my laptop for everything.

Chris
3rd August 2006, 06:33 PM
The most critical question here is which image editor are you using? Paint Shop Pro (and, by association, Animation Shop) are notorious for outputting faulty images on occasion.