PDA

View Full Version : Need help in running game

Dark-San
28th July 2006, 10:11 AM
[b][size=3]Okay it all started when I bought a game via shipment from Japan. Everything seems okay when I installed the game, downloaded the patches and installed them from the internet. Until when I decided to run the game, some windows seems to prop out and hinder me from running the game.

The first error message was all crap computer language and the second error message wrote:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Dark-San\EXE\rugp.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

The main problems lies in the following,

1) What on earth is this error and it got the same result when I install the game on another more uptodate laptop?
2) Okay they have indicated for me to contact the application's support team but it seems like the support team is situated like half an asia away and I am not sure if they can speak in English. (I know a little Japanese but no so fluent enough) >.<

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Chris
28th July 2006, 10:44 AM
It'd be helpful if you told us which game you're trying to run :)

Dark-San
28th July 2006, 10:58 AM
[b][size=3]Oh sorry Chris. I was too bothered with the error message that I forgotten about the game. Actually the game is SummerDays from Ovalflow.

Dark-San
28th July 2006, 09:43 PM
[b][size=3] Thanks I went forums trolling and a member from another board had told me of a solution.

The proposed solution was to change the language setting and the whole game could run already.

Roarkiller
1st August 2006, 08:48 PM
[b][size=3] Thanks I went forums trolling and a member from another board had told me of a solution.

The proposed solution was to change the language setting and the whole game could run already.

You were trying to run a Japanese game without changing the language settings. Way to go.

Goes with experience, meh. When you play many games from the land yonder, you learn to change settings and restarting before playing. Kinda long-winded IMO, is why I still haven't finished my own games that need the switching.