PDA

View Full Version : - The RPG Fan Fiction Contest -

Bulbasaur4
29th July 2006, 09:30 PM
[font=bobcat][size=6]The RPG Fan Fiction Contest
[font=tahoma]

The RPG forum would like to cordially invite all of its members to join in a brand new contest idea that is sure to be fun and exciting. This contest will allow every member to pick their favorite RPG that has started upon TPM and create a story based off of that RPG. You can create a short story or write a few chapters that could turn into a longer story, just as long as it stems from an RPG that has been upon the TPM or uses characters from a specific RPG.
Want to join in the fun? It is easy! Just fill out the form below to register for the contest. We’ll need you to register within about a week, so please sign up no later than August 7th. After registration, the “start” of the writing process begins! You are given a month time period to complete your work of writing. This means that you have until September 7th to submit your short story or collection of chapters.

Here are the rules before signing up:
~ The piece of writing can either be a short story or a few chapters. Your work of fiction does not have to contain an absolute ending! You can leave the reader hanging.
~ The minimum length is 2 pages long (12 font, Times New Roman, single spaced). The maximum length is 15 pages long.
~ Your fiction must be relative to an RPG either by using the RPG itself to stem a work of art, or using characters from an RPG.
~ Your work must be unique! Do not copy posts or “rewrite” previously written posts.
~ You may not use previously written work. This must be FRRRESH!

Once your work has been submitted, all pieces will be judged by Fan Fiction members. These will either be FFRO-related or selected by the Fan Fiction moderators. Their criteria for judging will span over the same categories that can be found in the FFRO rating guidelines. We are having the Fan Fiction members judge because we moderators are going to participate as well! There will be first, second and third place and everyone else will be considered Honorable Mentions. Banners will be provided for those who place along with a few other surprise prizes that have yet to be determined. Oh, and all placed winners will have their fan fiction archived in the RPG Archive.

I hope that everyone will at least consider participating in this event! If you have any comments or questions, please PM either Roy Karrde or myself. Otherwise, you may officially sign up here!
REMEMBER THE DATES:

[font=tahoma] [color=red] August 7th – Registration Deadline
September 7th – Story Submission Deadline

[font=tahoma]
FORM:

Name:
RPG: (What RPG is your fic based off of or the characters taken from? Please put the name of the RPG and who created it. If you are using the characters, also list the main characters and if you may, their creators.)
Predicted Rating: (While we do not have any limitations listed, please estimate the rating of your RPG. [ Like “M” for mature etc.. ] )
Other: ( Anything else we need to know?)

Hyperness is a Good Thing
30th July 2006, 04:06 AM
Name: HiaGT
RPG: KHless, I'll be using the characters, Kimi(my own) and Silver(C_T's) *has to get permission from ct though*
Predicted Rating: should be quite child friendly >.> maybe a pg-13 just in case.
Other: I actually posted a part of that fic up on fanfiction for a day, but I deleted it off because I thought it wasn't good enough, but I'm gonna modify it and change it..however, if this isn't allowed, I can always write another story.

Shizo
30th July 2006, 09:27 AM
Tentative sign-up for a tentative idea.

EDIT: Changed the details because I now have an actual story idea. A better one.

Name: Shizo
RPG: YoAMa by VirtualPlay starring...
Yoshihito Shan: Shizo
Kyara Yoiko: VirtualPlay
Predicted Rating: Lowered to around PG or PG-13
Other: Thought this up while driving home listening to Nickelback's "Photograph" if you want an idea of what it's about.
It is also canon-ish. Probably won't really happen in the storyline, but it's a plausible scenario.

Ghost
1st August 2006, 04:34 PM
Name: Bill AKA Ghost
RPG: An Apocalyptic Beginning, starring the amazing Curt Beckett (Ghost), Nathan Kaols (Samchu), Avion Kaols (Bulbasaur4)
Predicted Rating: Most Likely M, but could be PG13... I'll make sure my slaves Sam and Kalah check it over fist ;)
Other: Ummm, it will be the canon story of AAB, the RPG is kinda free nature and may/may not be canon once i know what happens there.

kalad1
1st August 2006, 06:18 PM
Name: Dennis Aka Kalad1
RPG: Digimon: Reunion, Starring Lucemon Possessed Rei(Roy Karrde) and Dennis Loray (Kalad1)
Predicted Rating: PG13-R
Other: an alternate possibility to certain events in the RPG.

Drusilla
2nd August 2006, 12:16 AM
Name: Drusilla
RPG: Dream of the Archer, by m'self. Using my characters, Regina and Layla, and probably Gael (Samchu), Aeryn (Asilynne), Saan Reyl (Weasel Overlord), Lyia (Bulbasaur 4); permission granted
Predicted Rating: PG to PG13
Other: SPOILERS! lol, I keep trying to get it going again, but everyone's so busy... *sigh* So, if you want to know what's going to happen, read this... if there's enough interest, I'll open up the second part of the story.

RPG: Blood and Magick; using my main character, Sorcha
Rating: PG-13? Erring on the side of caution
Other: prequel thingee

Outlaw JT
6th August 2006, 06:42 PM
I may not have the time to complete these in time for submission but I figured I'd go ahead and register now in case I do.

Name: JT aka OutlawJT

RPG: Dawn of the Blood Moon (created by Asilynne)
Characters: Koger (my creation) various other characters from the original and sequel (will ask permissions once I remember character names and determine if/where they fit in the story I intend to tell)
Predicted Rating: R (might go MA depending on how much of Koger's story I delve into)
Other: nope.

RPG: Ashes in the Wind (created by Ginger)
Characters: Ro'kath Elstenair, Reuben (both my creation), possibly some original LOTR characters
Predicted Rating: PG-13 to R
Other:

Are entrants allowed more than one entry? Don't remember reading any restrictions in regard to that. If I have time to write anything I will likely have time to write both and I would actually like to write both if I have the time.

Master Rudy
8th August 2006, 12:28 AM
I understand the deadline was the 7th but it's only about an hour past that. I heard about this from Brandy and had trouble finding the topic itself since I didn't originally think to look here in the lounge ^_^;

Name-Some call me Master Rudy and some call me Enigma. Take your pick ^_~
RPG-Going to bring back an old idea I had a very long time ago. I'll attempt to convert my Hellsing RPG (called Hellfire if it's still somewhere on the board)into a fic. Since it never really took off I'll rewrite the first post, change some of the elements of it and stretch it to a few chapters.
Characters-Rudy Summers (with a much needed name change since I'm trying to avoid that name now), Seras Victoria and maybe a few other characters from the anime/manga
Predicted Rating-PG13 to R. This IS Hellsing after all!

Also if more than one entry is allowed and time permits I too want to try a Dawn fic. If it's allowed I'll post details on that one later ^_~

Drusilla
8th August 2006, 01:48 AM
FYI: Multiple entries are allowed.

Bulbasaur4
8th August 2006, 10:40 AM
[color=royalblue]
That's fine, multiple entries are allowed- especially if it is only two. In any case, I'll extend the deadline to the 14th (so another week) to allow summer-vacationing RPers to enter. That, and it'll extend the over-all story-making deadline to the 14th of September which would be lovely since it works past school to let everyone get a bit adjusted.

So, huzzah! 14th of August = New Deadline