PDA

View Full Version : [Game]Infestation Round 4 (M.A.)

Dark-San
8th August 2006, 01:06 PM
K, for PCG mods, this is another TWG/AM/WT/Mirage spin-off.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

[color=silver][b][size=3]Infestation

A foreign object hit the Nevada desert in the evening. It was transported to Area 51 for examination, but somehow an accident occurred and whatever was inside the object has escaped and killed all the scientists working on it.

The ‘Alien’ is a shapeshifter and has made herself look like another soldier. She has the power to lay eggs that hatch and the hatchling must infest a human host to survive.

Area 51 has been put under lockdown. No one can get in or out. The objectives? For the unlucky soldiers – to hunt down and eradicate the alien threat. For the alien – to survive the witch hunt and escape to the outside world.

Daytime

The alien cannot operate in the open and so is vulnerable. All the soldiers collate their suspicions and at the end of the day one unlucky soul is executed and then the autopsy is performed, revealing whether they are alien or not.

Nighttime

The soldiers retire to their billets and sleep. However, the alien and her hosts operate.

Soldiers

Private – No abilities apart from a daytime vote.

Medic – Can send a PM every second Nighttime (beginning Nighttime 2) to the host to administer a drug to any player. If the player has not been infested, no harm comes to them. If the player is infested, they die instantly.

Sniper – Is on watch at night and can send a PM to the host to guard a player of his choice from any Alien attack once per Nighttime. All Alien attacks against the chosen player will simply fail for that Nighttime.

Commando – Out to hunt Alien scum. Can send a PM to the host every Nighttime to watch one player. If that player participates in an Alien attack, there is a 50% chance of catching and killing that player.

Sergeant – Has been delegated the role of interrogating the other soldiers. May send a message to the host every Nighttime to interrogate a soldier and find out their role (either Alien or Human).

Major – The head of the soldiers and so has his own private security. If aliens attempt to Kill or Infest the Major during Nighttime, he has a 50% chance to catch and kill one of the aliens.

Aliens

There is one Alien at the beginning who is always the Queen. As the Queen she has the power to infest. The Aliens can only use these abilities at Nighttime. The Queen also starts with an already infested soldier, picked at random. Only the Queen can infest.

Infest – Lays an egg. The hatchling will target a player of the Queen’s choice. The Queen must send the PM on behalf of her brood to the host to designate the target. If the Queen attempts to Infest, the aliens cannot attack this Nighttime. The first Infestation has a 100% chance of success (except against a Major). The second Infestation has a 25% chance of failure. The third Infestation has a 50% chance of failure. Any subsequent Infestation attempts have a 75% chance of failure. Also, once half of the players are dead, failed Infestations have a 50% chance of having a random Alien caught and killed.

Kill – The aliens go out and kill. 25% chance of success if only one alien. 50% chance of success if two aliens. 75% chance of success if three or more aliens. If the attack fails, there is a 50% chance a random Alien is caught and killed. If the Aliens attempt to kill, they cannot use Infest this Nighttime.

Everytime a player is successfully infested, they randomly bear the traits of one of the breeds of Alien from the Queen’s planet. Here they are :

Shadowmorph – A master of disguise. If killed by Daytime vote will register as a human in the autopsy.

Johrmaid – The Queen’s loyal helper. If the Queen is caught during a Nighttime attack, the Johrmaid will take her place in death.

Brutash – If caught during a Nighttime attack will survive death.

Scyrocles – If killed by Daytime vote has a 50% chance of killing at random a player who voted for him.

Clairras – Has a 50% chance of escaping any ill-effects of human nighttime abilities.

Mentare – A manipulator. Will choose the loser of a Daytime vote tie, even if he himself is one of those concerned in the tie.

Parascule – A parasite. The host is unaware that he is infested but for all intensive purposes is counted as an alien. The Queen can send a PM to the host at Daytime to change the vote of the Parascule’s host without him realising it. If the Queen dies, the Queen can select another Alien to manipulate the Parascule.

Due to the alien’s weak psychic link, she can only successfully maintain control of two host bodies at a time (excluding herself). If there are more than three Aliens (including the Queen), every nighttime there is a 50% chance one of the host bodies at random will try and wrest control from the Alien, in which case the other Aliens have no choice but to kill the host body.

Other Notes

The Infestation does not occur until the time that Nighttime ends and Daytime begins. This means that if a human is targetted by either the Medic or Sergeant during a Nighttime they are infested, they will register as human.

Victory

The Soldiers win if they eradicate all the Alien and all her Host Bodies.

The Aliens win if they outnumber the Soldiers.
Standard Rules people :

1 ) No voting neutral twice in a row
2 ) No vote except on first Daytime = 1 Doom
3 ) 3 Dooms = Automatic Death
4 ) No editting posts
5 ) Posting contents of PM = Automatic Death
6 ) Revealing your role publically = Automatic Death
7 ) Bold your votes please
8 ) Daytime and Nighttime are both 24 hours (roughly), so a full cycle is 48 hours (roughly)
9 ) Can corpses AKA dead players keep their comments to a minimum, and may under no circumstances give any players any help or advice.
10 ) At least 4 players must cast a non-neutral vote at Daytime 1 for a lynching to occur; subsequent Daytimes must have at least 2 players casting non-neutral votes.

Alive

Weasel Overlord //
Hyperness is a good thing/
Green Lanturn /

Dead
Roy Karrde (Private)
Ace64 (Commando)
c0n5p1r4cy (Alien Queen)
TheBlueAvenger (Medic)
Crazy Elf Boy (Seargent)
Rude Boy (Alien - Johrmaid)

This round is a HUMAN VICTORY!

+conspiracy+
8th August 2006, 09:27 PM
erm neutral just to be hippocrytical =P

Roy Karrde
8th August 2006, 11:40 PM
and as usual im not serious.. i just really dont like voting neutral

So what is with the sudden change of heart? Gotta vote for c0n5p1r4cy for suddenly changing pace.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
9th August 2006, 02:56 AM
*votes neutral for today*

Crazy Elf Boy
9th August 2006, 03:37 AM
*NUETRAL* for the new round

Weasel Overlord
9th August 2006, 05:13 AM
[color=silver]Wahey! I is back! ^^ Voting for... erm... Roy Karrde. No offense dude, I don't like people who pick off others in the first round. (sez me ^^;; )

Magmar
9th August 2006, 06:17 AM
lmfao @ your signature!

Umm... I'll also throw a vote out there for Roy Karrde... it'll make things interesting for the first round. ^_^;

+conspiracy+
9th August 2006, 06:37 AM
So what is with the sudden change of heart? Gotta vote for c0n5p1r4cy for suddenly changing pace.

erm... i said i was being hippocrytical =/

usually when i vote first for some random personi become the center of attention... and it seems as though i cant vote neutral without attracting attention either =/

Ace64
9th August 2006, 09:14 AM
People defending conspiracy? How odd...

conspiracy to even things up.

Green Lanturn
9th August 2006, 11:04 AM
Heh, good point Ace....that doesnt tend to happen too often now does it?

But oh well....I guess I will go ahead and vote neutral....somebody is gonna die anyway thanks to having four votes.....i just wont pick who dies....

"....at least my conscious will be clear...."

~GL

The Blue Avenger
9th August 2006, 06:49 PM
Neutral. Bleck.

Dark-San
10th August 2006, 07:17 AM
Roy Karrde = 2 votes (Weasel Overlord & Rude Boy)
c0n5p1r4cy = 2 votes (Roy Karrde & Ace64)

The result of the coin flip?

Dead: Roy Karrde (Private)

The truth is now revealed. Begin Dusk 1

Dark-San
11th August 2006, 08:24 AM
Dead
Ace64 - Commando

Aliens got the right target this time round. And in future, please indicate whether if you are posting the kill on your own or with your partner's consent. Thanks.

Begin Dawn 2

11th August 2006, 11:02 AM
ace64 went for c0n5p1r4cy, ace64 died.... so my guess today goes with c0n5p1r4cy (yes my logic is odd)

Weasel Overlord
11th August 2006, 11:30 AM
[color=silver]I'm also going with Consipracy. Funny logic sometimes works... o.o s'taking me a while to get back into this ><

The Blue Avenger
11th August 2006, 02:57 PM
Lack of better evidence... I'll go with conspiracy for now.

Crazy Elf Boy
11th August 2006, 04:31 PM
Conspiracy for suspicous reasons

+conspiracy+
11th August 2006, 08:20 PM
-_-

Magmar
11th August 2006, 11:10 PM
Conspiracy. the train of logic that Hyperness used more often than not proves accurate.

Green Lanturn
11th August 2006, 11:18 PM
Well, I was gonna holdof too see if another name popped up...cuase it sucks to bandwagon.....but it appears as though nobody else is gonna come up with another name....

Conspiracy, sorry dude...

~GL

+conspiracy+
12th August 2006, 05:04 AM
its not a big deal... I screwed up, I dont double-check what i do -_-

dont do drugs ;)

Dark-San
12th August 2006, 07:48 AM
And no nobody here does drugs 'cause they are not cool!

Dead
c0n5p1r4cy - Alien Queen (Hyperness is a good thing, Rude Boy, Weasel Overlord, Green Lanturn, Crazy Elf Boy, TheBlueAvenger)

An overwhelming response! The immediate danger is removed once again. Begin Dusk 2.

Magmar
12th August 2006, 12:07 PM
Woohoo! :D

Roy Karrde
12th August 2006, 12:12 PM
[Dead] I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU ALL! Yeah look what happened now, I bet you all feel bad!

Green Lanturn
12th August 2006, 09:45 PM
Heh....not really Roy.....didnt really partake in that vote now did I?

lol...

~GL

Ace64
12th August 2006, 10:50 PM
[DEAD] WOOHOO! Nailed the queen straight off. Coolies.

Dark-San
13th August 2006, 08:38 AM
[color=yellow]A quiet night for the rest of you but a very busy night for me.

Dead

Begin Dawn 3.

13th August 2006, 08:39 AM
*votes neutral this round*
we got the queen..wow. O.o
now to worry about the minions

Magmar
13th August 2006, 03:00 PM
I'll stick with Neutral as well.

What's been awesome is I don't think we've had any dooms yet ^_^ I hate hate HATE inactive members without good reasons -_-;

Crazy Elf Boy
13th August 2006, 03:17 PM
Nuetral

hehehehe minions

The Blue Avenger
13th August 2006, 04:38 PM
I'll go neutral.

Weasel Overlord
14th August 2006, 08:35 AM
[color=silver]neutral for me too!

Dark-San
14th August 2006, 08:37 AM
One doom and all neutral votes. You dudes should really learn to vote.

Dead

Begin Dusk 3.

Magmar
14th August 2006, 08:02 PM
Can another alien become queen? Because since we nailed the queen in the 2nd round, and the aliens (presumably) killed Ace64 on night 1, that means there's only one alien, right?

Just asking about that rule so I don't panic and assume we have three aliens amok. ^_^;

+conspiracy+
14th August 2006, 10:21 PM
as far as i know im dead -_-

Dark-San
15th August 2006, 02:23 AM
Can another alien become queen? Because since we nailed the queen in the 2nd round, and the aliens (presumably) killed Ace64 on night 1, that means there's only one alien, right?

Just asking about that rule so I don't panic and assume we have three aliens amok. ^_^;

Only the Queen can infest. So no other alien can take her place.

Dark-San
15th August 2006, 08:32 AM
Dead
TheBlueAvenger - Medic

An exciting dusk! We will see what the next dawn has installed for us.

Begin Dawn 4.

Green Lanturn
15th August 2006, 10:21 AM
Hmmmm, 5 people remaining, and one alien......that gives us two more dawns to pin-down the remaining alien.....but who is it.....

Ill open up the voting with a vote against Crazy Elf Boy

Sorry mate, but as far as I can tell, looking through the topic, I can think of a couple of candidates.....

~GL

Crazy Elf Boy
15th August 2006, 04:36 PM
I vote for Rude Boy cause I am getting some suspicions about him

16th August 2006, 03:22 AM
looking at the previous posts... *votes for Crazy Elf Boy* sorry dude. >.> I can't think of any other candidates for now

Magmar
16th August 2006, 06:10 AM
I'm voting for Crazy Elf Boy, and I'm too tired to argue why or why not because I just got back from the Snow Patrol concert. :)

Dark-San
16th August 2006, 09:12 AM
Dead
Crazy Elf Boy - Seargent (Hyperness is a good thing, Green Lanturn & Rude Boy)

Wow I'm impressed, you comrades kill off your own seargent with overwhelming odds, 3-1.

Consolidated dooms votes

Green Lanturn: 1 vote
Weasel Overlord: 1 vote

Begin Dusk 4.

Dark-San
17th August 2006, 08:33 AM
No votes for tonight? It has certainly been a quiet day yet again.

Dead

Begin Dawn 5.

Green Lanturn
17th August 2006, 06:59 PM
I had two candidates, and one turned out to be the sergant. Which leaves one, heh, what would seem the most likely person to be the remaining Alien. Guess I should have guessed thinking about who the alien queen was....

With that said, my vote goes to Rude Boy.

~GL

Magmar
17th August 2006, 08:47 PM
*runs in* AHH, no time to be online! Seriously, with running a talent show and trying to arrange... last day of camp festivities... and today was barry dress up as godric gryffindor and have his house/quidditch team beat the rest of the camp DOWN! day! at work. i love teaching summer camp.

so yeah, i'm gonna vote neutral because I have no idea what's going on o_O; all i know is i'm not infested ^^;

Magmar
17th August 2006, 08:50 PM
Okay, now that I actually took the time to read the thread, lol x_x;

Green Lanturn, your logic is flawed, man, you're accusing me based on Conspiracy being the queen x_x; my vote's going to Green Lanturn because he's trying to kill me based on who the queen was -_-;

Back to typing scripts about banana pies

Dark-San
18th August 2006, 08:42 AM
2 dooms and 2 different votes. Its a tie between Rude Boy and Green Lanturn. This would mean a coin flip to decide the fate of the game outcome.

*Flips*

And .... the humans FINALLY won their first game!

Dead
Rude Boy - Alien (Johrmaid)

Alive
Green Lanturn - Major
Hyperness is a good thing - Private
Weasel Overlord - Sniper

The next game would probably start on Wednesday 23 August 2006 1300hrs GMT. I am all open for suggestions to improve the current game. I am planning on at least another one more role for the humans to even the odds so that they would not depend so much on luck to win (Like this round).

The new role would probably be a Signaller. The role will allow the person to communicate with a human chosen at random by the host in Nighttime 2. This will allow the humans another means of communication besides through the Seargent. What do you dudes think of the new role?

And if anyone still wants to play the next round, kindly indicate your participation here.

The Blue Avenger
18th August 2006, 10:16 AM
I'll pass on the next round. Please remove me from the list.

mr_pikachu
18th August 2006, 10:26 AM
You know, I've never played this game, although I've always wanted to try it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to sign up here or via PM - or if I even can sign up, since you all seem to have a group very well-established - but I thought I'd post anyway, seeing that TBA is dropping out. Is there room for another player?

Dark-San
18th August 2006, 10:30 AM
You know, I've never played this game, although I've always wanted to try it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to sign up here or via PM - or if I even can sign up, since you all seem to have a group very well-established - but I thought I'd post anyway, seeing that TBA is dropping out. Is there room for another player?

[b][size=3]We always welcome new comers with open arms. Is that right guys?

*Hint hint*

mr_pikachu
18th August 2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, I'm imagining the open arms. And the open hands, wrapped around my throat.

Oh, dear. What have I gotten myself into? :eek:

...But nevertheless, if you've got an open spot, I'd be happy to play. ^_^

Magmar
18th August 2006, 10:47 PM
I'll play the next round.

Yeah it was me... the johrmaid -_-

19th August 2006, 03:34 AM
Lol...uhm yay we won?
I'm still playing next round ^_^ *hopes she won't get doomed out*

Crazy Elf Boy
19th August 2006, 06:15 AM
Yes I will be playing next round

Green Lanturn
19th August 2006, 07:16 AM
I actually think I'm gonna drop out for the next game....just moved into my dorm here at college, and this is gonna be a real busy week. Sorry guys....I'll play the following game.

~GL

Ace64
19th August 2006, 09:32 AM
I think I have time for one more game before orientation..

+conspiracy+
19th August 2006, 09:06 PM
=)

Dark-San
20th August 2006, 03:48 AM
Active participants in the next round
Mr Pikachu
Rude Boy
Hyperness is a good thing
Crazy Elf Boy
Ace64
c0n5p1r4cy
Green Lanturn

We will need at least another 2 more players before we can start.

Green Lanturn
21st August 2006, 12:50 PM
Well, Im all settled here, and although I'm starting up this week...I should be alright.

Sign me back up....seeing as you're having trouble getting enough players as it is.

~GL

Dark-San
26th August 2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry for the delay dudes. We are like kind of short of two players here. Hopefully I can get both Kirst and Roy back before we can restart the whole game. ^.^ So just bear with me for a moment and also yes, there would be a player with the new role as a Signaller in the next game.

Dark-San
28th August 2006, 09:45 AM
Sorry for double posting but here are the list of the new players.

Active participants in the next round
Mr Pikachu
Rude Boy
Hyperness is a good thing
Crazy Elf Boy
Ace64
c0n5p1r4cy
Green Lanturn
Vulpix.ck
Weasel Overlord
Roy Karrde

Apologises once again for the delay. The new round will start roughly at Thursday 31 August 2006 1300hrs GMT.