PDA

View Full Version : PokeRus! YAY!

pikachu_rulez
28th March 2003, 07:57 AM
Okay, so yesterday I was healing my Pokemon, staring at the TV and I kept pressing 'A' because we all know what Nurse Joy says. I actually looked down and say she was talking about 'a virus that we don't know much about but it causes your Pokemon to grow exceptionally well.' As soon as she stopped talking, I looked at my Pokemon's status and three of my Pokemon had PokeRus! Of course it easily spread. Woo that made my day :D

In case anybody doesn't know, PokeRus is this 'disease' Pokemon randomly get and I believe it either causes them to get my EXP points after battles or raise their stats more when they gain levels...I'm not exactly sure. I know it's good though :D

I was just wondering if PokeRus is common in R/S, and if anyone else got it. Also if anyone knows exactly what it (as you can see I have an idea but no exact idea :D )

(:D uses that smiley too much :D)

Alterus
28th March 2003, 08:15 AM
hm. my friend has one... it had to send me a save with it.

Oddish17
28th March 2003, 10:56 AM
It seems to be more common in RS than it was in GSC. In GSC, you rarely ever heard of someone who got it. Now, though, I've heard of a bunch of people who have gotten Pokerus in Ruby or Sapphire. I guess they increased the odds of getting Pokerus like they increased the Shiny encounter rate.

RubyDragonKnight
28th March 2003, 12:24 PM
my friend got pokerus too. i hate him.

Dave
28th March 2003, 12:26 PM
I got it on my ROM, and because the clock patch doesn't count days (Boo!), it's permanent (Woohoo!). My team got infected from the original Blaziken within five mins of catching the rus.

Kadabra790
28th March 2003, 12:54 PM
If no one noticed, PokeRus is a vocabulary word you can use in Interviews, etc. But it's abbreviated, but you can recognize it when you see it.