PDA

View Full Version : kyogre and groudon emerald

Zallarion
10th August 2006, 06:53 AM
where can i catch them? i have just beated steveb(peace of cake just one revive one my strongest poke, lol)

MegaMewtwo
10th August 2006, 07:11 AM
Go to the weather institute (you know, where you got Castform) and talk to people there. One person will say that there's major rain/sunshine on a route. There will be the aforementioned weather and either a new cave (Groudon) or a new Dive spot leading to a cave (Kyogre). They're both L70, so be careful.

Shadow Wolf
10th August 2006, 07:18 AM
Well, MegaMewtwo helped you a lot with that information. I'm going to provide you with a little more info.

Visit the second floor of the Weather Institute and talk to the scientist at
the far left end. He will tell you about heavy rainfall or about a drought around a route. You might need HM03(Surf), HM07(Waterfall) and HM08(Dive). When you go to the route that he told you about, if you find a heavy rainfall, look for a spot to dive. If you dive in the right spot, you should find a cave called Marine Cave and Kyogre will be waiting for you at level 70. If you find a drought instead of a rainfall, then look for a cave on land called Terra Cave and Groudon should be there at level 70.

You might need to hurry to the route because if you are not fast enough, they will move to another route. One more thing, after you capture one of these two Pokemon, you can go back to the institute again and talk to the scientist to find the other Pokemon.

frylock
10th August 2006, 09:54 AM
Has anyone noticed, that great balls seem to be better thatn ultra balls? I mat have just gotten lucky, but I threw 2 ultra balls, neither of them wiggled at all, and then I threw 3 great balls at Groudon, and caught him. For Kyogre I used probably4-5 greatballs, and I caught him. I might have just gotten lucky but it seems like

Knight of Time
10th August 2006, 10:21 AM
Has anyone noticed, that great balls seem to be better thatn ultra balls? I mat have just gotten lucky, but I threw 2 ultra balls, neither of them wiggled at all, and then I threw 3 great balls at Groudon, and caught him. For Kyogre I used probably4-5 greatballs, and I caught him. I might have just gotten lucky but it seems like

Guess that's just a matter of luck for you.

Normally, Ultra Balls are 2x as effective as Pokeballs compared to Great Balls being 1.5x as effective as Pokeballs. But for all kinds of balls (except for the Master Ball, since it never fails to catch a Pokemon), the luck factor comes in each time. I believe there is a catch formula for it.

I'm going to see if I can find it, though I don't mind if someone else does before me.

Foguet
10th August 2006, 01:36 PM
Taken from Bulbapedia:
When you throw a Poké Ball at a wild Pokémon, the game uses a formula based on the wild Pokémon's current health, any status effect it may have, and that Pokémon's Catch Rate, to determine your chances of catching that Pokémon. The formula is as follows:

Chance = floor (((( TotalHP * 4 ) - ( CurrentHP * 2 )) * CatchRate ) / TotalHP ) + Status + 1

Note: floor means to make the number an integer by rounding downwards, i.e. even floor(1.999) would be equal to 1.

CurrentHP is either the wild Pokémon's current HP, or if its current HP is greater than 255, use floor ( CurrentHP / 4).

TotalHP works exactly like CurrentHP, except using the Pokémon's maximum HP value.

CatchRate uses the wild Pokémon's Catch Rate, found below.

Status - If the wild Pokémon is asleep or frozen, Status = 10. If it is paralyzed, poisoned, or burnt, Status = 5. Otherwise, Status = 0.

The chance is further modified according to the kind of Poké Ball you use; for a full list see Poké Ball. After all these values have been calculated, the game computes a random number anywhere from 0 to 255 inclusive. If this random number is less than the Chance calculated above, the Pokémon is caught.

---

EDIT: Groudon and Kyogre's catch rate is 5. If you use Great Ball, the chance is boosted 1.5 times. If you use Ultra Ball, it's 2 times as effective.

Poryhedron
11th August 2006, 11:43 AM
Does the site say anything about what determines how many times the ball wiggles before the pokémon broke out? I was always under the impression that the game pulls up a random number three times, and if the pokémon fails all three it's caught...

frylock
11th August 2006, 09:10 PM
I know people say that button presses don't work, but I threw an ultra ball at a Kyogre and Groudon and just tapped A every wiggle and caught both without fail.... Maybe I just got lucky, but it seems to good to just be coincedence.