PDA

View Full Version : More eBay rip offs.

Cammy White
10th August 2006, 09:34 AM
Was just browsing eBay for Pokémon related things when I came across 'Pokémon Quartz'. I don't know if this is old news or not (I'm aware that the Diamond and Jade counterfeits have been discussed) but I thought it was worth mentioning. This particular version has a red box with a Gyarados on it and is a GBA title.

Has anyone played a ROM or other version of this Quartz version? If so could you tell us what this one is like?

Also, doesn't it seem as though the eBay counterfeits versions of Pokémon games are getting a bit out of hand? It's one thing when people copy games and sell them, but another when they go to these lengths to sell obvious fakes. Surely it can't be legal, either!

EDIT: I also just found a 'Chaos Black' version for the GBA. I'm not sure if the monster on the front actually resembles a Chao from the Sonic games, or if I'm just thinking that since 'Chao' is in the title of the game.

As has been mentioned before, it'd be a shame if you were a parent trying to get a gift for your child on here and ended up giving them a sub-par game.

Also, haven't posted any links to the products as I didn't know if it was permitted! If it is, let me know and I'll post them!

Everoy
10th August 2006, 09:46 AM
Links are permitted.

I understand the fake Diamond and Pearl, and the fake Jade since there used to be many Jade games with Diamond, but I don't understand Quartz or Chaos Black *rolls eyes in the seller's general direction*

Cammy White
10th August 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks for letting me know!

Quartz:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POKEMON-QUARTZ-GBA-SP-GAMEBOY-ADVANCE_W0QQitemZ220015728822QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11 2698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem] (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POKEMON-QUARTZ-GBA-SP-GAMEBOY-ADVANCE_W0QQitemZ220015728822QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11 2698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Chaos Black:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POKEMON-CHAOS-BLACK-VERSION-BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX-GBA-DS-SP_W0QQitemZ260019003551QQihZ016QQcategoryZ112698Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It should be noted that there are multiple listings for each game.

Everoy
10th August 2006, 10:36 AM
*sigh* Those poor, clueless bidders...

Bison Woes
10th August 2006, 11:04 AM
Can't one notify Nintendo that someone is basically treading on copyright infringements as the Chaos Black one claims to have the Nintendo seal of approval on it?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
10th August 2006, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure the bidders are clueless. I could even imagine bidding on them myself, simply for curiosity reasons. After all not many will be able to claim they have one of these rare "rip-offs" at home as special pieces for their Pokémon collection.

Elec Man EXE
10th August 2006, 01:41 PM
Thats true Alex.

Heck, they might even be decent games. Its doubtful, but ya never know.

Cammy White
10th August 2006, 02:20 PM
I know a lot of people will be bidding out of curiosity and such, but there's also the flip side where the clueless people are being ripped off. I'm intrigued by these games, but I doubt I'd bid on one!

mr_pikachu
11th August 2006, 02:14 AM
Looks like the second one was taken down by eBay; somebody probably let them know. But the first one still stands...

Hmm. Ł20.00 was the winning bid... that comes out to about $37.78 in dollars...

I'm disgusted.

frylock
15th August 2006, 11:47 AM
I was looking for this game to figure out what the heck it was about... and I got a virus. Which is really bad... but anyways, these games are fakes and pursuing knowledge about them will give you viruses. I can post a link to the site that gave me a virus, but it doesn't really matter.

youdontknowme
19th August 2006, 07:30 PM
Heh, I still have my copy of Pokemon "Jade." A friend of mine got it for me while he was in Taiwan. :p

Crazy Elf Boy
24th August 2006, 12:59 AM
I have played a copy of chaos black of the net. And it was really bugged like no way through mt moon and the game had all different pokemon in it.

Also I have another really old version of pokemon Diamond which had nothing to do with pokemon at all.

lordsalamence
24th August 2006, 10:40 PM
pfft! tell me about it. That game makes no sense whatsoever. "have you had curry yet?" like those ass @#*#$ think I would think that that was pokemon... :rolleyes: