PDA

View Full Version : DP in the US by Christmas?

Jeff
10th August 2006, 10:12 PM
I was wondering about this. If Nintendo released DP in the US in mid-December that would put it 2 1/2 months after the Japanese release. So it does sound like a short time but if they start translating before the Japanese release they might be able to do it. Ruby and Sapphire were released in the US 4 months after Japan, so if they do that again that would put the US release in late January, not the best time to release a game. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but what does everyone else think? And how long did it take to release FR/LG and Emerald in the US?

Phoenixsong
10th August 2006, 10:18 PM
I think that is a little early, but it'd be awesome. I dunno why, but I have this fixation on getting DP before I turn 18, and it'll be too late by the end of January. Well, we can always dream, or wish on a star or an eyelash or go storm the Ninty offices with torches and pitchforks or something.

I don't remember when the Japanese release dates were, and all I know was that FRLG came out mid to late 2004... Emerald was May 2005. But yeah, when were the Japanese releases for those?

All I know is at the Bryant Park party of the decade thing they kept saying that DP was due out in the US in 2007. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Jeff
10th August 2006, 10:28 PM
Eh, I was hoping if the Japanese/US releases for FR/LG and Emerald were close together that would be a good sign that they might be able to pull it off. If 2007 has been mentioned then I guess we won't see it this year. Also, if Nintendo really wanted these games to catch the Christmas rush they would have to have it out at least by early December anyway.

Dark Dragonite
12th August 2006, 10:58 AM
I've heard mostly around spring 2007, although I have also heard as late as summer, or fall...but a year between dates is unneccessary...so say Spring 2007...about september 06 to march 07...6 months? I still think that's too long...

mr_pikachu
12th August 2006, 06:59 PM
Hmm. My guess is sometime in February, but that might still be a little long. Maybe late January/early February?

Odd timing, though. It would just miss Christmas... :(

rinku
14th August 2006, 08:47 PM
Odd timing, though. It would just miss Christmas... :(

And how is this different to any previous release? :)

My guess is that they're deliberatly *avoiding* a Christmas release of what is basically a sure-fire bestseller in order to take the heat off their other holiday releases. The'll want people spending up on Wii products, after all.

Dark Dragonite
26th August 2006, 12:07 AM
duhh...it hit me recently...

Ok, Pokemon would rake in money as a Christmas release...but not that much with PS3 coming out in November I believe...people would spend all their money on PS3 games...so, if you give a month or two...people have holiday money, and have made paychecks...cha-ching!! You sell out every copy in America for the first month...