PDA

View Full Version : Petition for a sequel to Dawn of the Blood Moon

Master Rudy
12th August 2006, 09:53 AM
Back in 2004 when DotBM wrapped up Brandy had attempted to get a sequel going for it. The sequel was off to a very slow start however and didn't seem to make much progress. Eventually the topic for it's sequel was gone from the board altogether. Brandy saw this as a sign that maybe it would be best for Dawn to be stand alone but I always thought that several of the original's loose ends needed answers. I know for a fact that several people with myself included have been waiting a long time for the sequel to truely start. So after much kind and gentle persuasion (or pestering depending on the point of view ^_^; )Brandy has said this: she doesn't think many people would be intrested. I intend to show otherwise. If you intrested in seeing a sequel to Dawn then please post in here. Oh what's that? You weren't in Dawn you say but your intrested in seeing what the big deal is? CLICK HERE!!! ^,-,^ (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=4704.0)

I think that if Dawn was that good almost three years ago during a time where many of us were growing as RPers that a sequel will be absolutely awesome now ^_~

*sits back and waits for some of the former cast to show up and start signing*

Outlaw JT
12th August 2006, 10:07 AM
It's about time the original Koger returned to promote Mayhem and Mischief.

Asilynne
12th August 2006, 06:19 PM
-.-()......

Bulbasaur4
13th August 2006, 06:20 PM
[color=royalblue]
Well, I'm sure everyone knows that I'm still obsessed with Yuar Oro... and I definately would like to give him more character growth with his alias, Draconin. Plus come on... Gyvien was my growly side!

Not to mention Vylianne would love to set a few more villages on fire.... *innocent look* ^_^

Drusilla
13th August 2006, 11:54 PM
Rudy, you know how I stand on this.

Count me in! We need a few more vampires running amok around here, anyway.

VirtualPlay
14th August 2006, 02:16 AM
Ooh, that was that sequel that I was in that didn't get off very far...definitely count me in to restart it.

Still having trouble with starting my new RPG as well, so I need something to take my mind off of my current one.

pokemasterfrank
15th August 2006, 02:38 AM
Fuck. Yes.

Shizo
15th August 2006, 08:11 AM
Hmmm, I have been in a vampiric mood lately, and this seems fun from what I've read of the original.

Why not? I'll go for it.

Master Rudy
15th August 2006, 11:58 AM
This is so freaking awesome!
So are you convinced yet Brandy? Let's see:
Rudy as......well Rudy ^_^; Also a new character ^_~
You as Myra ^_~
JT as Koger
Kalah as Gyvien, Yuar and Vylianne
Frank as Skylar

I think that covers everyone who was originally in it and fairly active. That gives 8 player characters plus Alu who hasn't even been factored in. Plus we now have VP, Dru and Shizo showing intrest. That brings player characters to at least 11! Plus our histories show we're all active RPers.

Would you like more convincing that we'll have enough intrested parties or do you think this is good Bran? ^_^

Ghost
15th August 2006, 09:15 PM
Count me in... With lack of good RPGs lately, I have nothing else to do -_-

pokemasterfrank
18th August 2006, 01:04 AM
You as Myra ^_~
JT as Koger
Frank as Skylar

I think that covers everyone who was originally in it and fairly active. That gives 8 player characters plus Alu who hasn't even been factored in. Plus we now have VP, Dru and Shizo showing intrest. That brings player characters to at least 11! Plus our histories show we're all active RPers.

Would you like more convincing that we'll have enough intrested parties or do you think this is good Bran? ^_^

Hey hey...Skyler is dead. I play Ronin :P

Tyler and Hobbes
18th August 2006, 02:27 AM
[color=gray]Hmm...I've always wondered what the big deal was about DotBM, getting so many awards and all that...

Why not? Sounds like fun.

Edit = That's what Dawn of the Blood Moon is? Fuck yeah! I think, and I say this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality.... it's fabulous.

Master Rudy
18th August 2006, 06:53 AM
Hey hey...Skyler is dead. I play Ronin :P

My bad....throw me bone. It's been 3 fricking years.....out of the loop......NEED THE INFO!!!!
lol XD

Asilynne
13th September 2006, 09:30 PM
Well, I guess I owe everyone an explanation...I already told Rudy this and JT since he asked but the reason why I didnt want to do it is because of a few reasons.

1)The first one finished and it had a good ending I think, a good enough ending for it to be a stand alone (what me and Steph think anyway)
2) I tried making a sequal before but:
a) It started going downhill, as in people were either too afraid to throw their ideas in the open or they just werent having any. and
b)I find that it and its sign up topic were surgically removed from this forum for some odd reason :P
3) The original had a main bad guy as a NPC and did great, the old sequal had a main bad guy that was subtle and played by a RPGer, and I dont think his prescence had time to be felt before the RPG grinded to a halt.
4) Characters that were well loved by their creators either died or became unplayable (this is mainly stephs complaint because she is obsessed with playing rRoland lol)
5) I loved how in the original everyones character came together so well and worked together almost flawlessly to create a vivid main plot and involving side plots and Im just so afraid of ruining all that by making a sequal that falls short. I dont want it to be a thing where its like "LOOK IM CAPITALIZING ON THE GREATNESS OF THE FIRST EVEN THOUGH THIS SUCKS YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT!!111oneone" I dont want to make it if its just going to be like some movie sequals are, where they just have the name slapped on there you know? So this is what I want to do....

Because Rudys been working me over and convincing me, Ive been starting to actually think about doing this, and actually one of the deciding factors was Frank said it was the only way hed come back to roleplay ^-^() and I miss roleplaying with you man! So its your fault :P
But last time the plot we made up seems a little weak, so, those of you who want to see it happen need to help me think of a good opening plot post thing. When I first made it my only plan was for it to be based on Vampire Hunter D, I couldve never forseen what it became as I didnt have anything planned for the beginning. Everyone who was in it made it that way, and thats how I want all my RPGs to be, because I really dont have any real plans, almost everything I write is spur of the moment lol But for this one I need a time period, sometime after Dawn. Last time it was 10 years, but I dont know if I want it to stay that way. So yeah....I guess I just need some ideas to knock around x.x I just dont want it to suck lol

Oh and Frank, its too bad Skylars dead because I wanted him and Liven to get together :P lol

Master Rudy
21st September 2006, 02:34 AM
Well for one I tink a bigger time period needs to have passed. Maybe something like 20-30 years. Also this time around we need more humans. As for an idea how about an item that could have the potential to turn characters against one another in the search for it. One idea would be for an item that in the hands of a vampire could make them into an unstoppable killing machine yet in the hands of a human it could mean the end of vampires forever. Another idea would be for an item that could grant amazing powers based on the personality/pre-existing powers of the person who has it. The trade off could be that if a good natured person holds it then as long as they have it then that person's soul is lost to evil and they in turn will do things that they wouldn't normally consider doing (examples being Rudy feeding on humans left and right and killing them or Farwell robbing people on the street)

Just some ideas to toy with ^_~

Asilynne
25th September 2006, 12:56 PM
LOL well then your helping me :P
The thing is though will Alu still be a little girl? Unless it took maybe ten years for Rudy and Myra to decide to get married (which seemed unlikely at the end of Dawn) I dont really see them waiting 20 years or so to have children (since accidents happen LOL) In the original sequal Alu was 8, and Im not sure if Steph would want Alu to be older, or how that would affect things.
I also need a villian for this one and since both Roland and Lantis are dead, Im not sure what type of villian it should be. I also want one thats not too subtle, because last time a lot of people (myself included) got a little bored considering there was no conflict for awhile. And I want him to be an NPC since itll be easier to do stuff with him and not be afraid of someone going 'NO you cant do that". If anyone has ideas for a vilian PM me or post it here, because all my 'bad guys' tend to be in the 'misunderstood' category and not truely evil (although Lantis was an exeption to that XD)

Ultimate Charizard
5th October 2006, 12:35 AM
You as Myra ^_~
JT as Koger
Frank as Skylar

Well despite being Forgotten about im willing to jump back in and be MUCH MUCH MORE dedicated to this than i originally was. Been a bit 'uninspired' lately but this could be my kick up the backside.
IM ALL IN ASIIIIIIIII!

Master Rudy
5th October 2006, 12:56 AM
Good to see another face saying sign me up! And if you guys have ideas feel free to share! The sooner everything is in order the sooner this will get going! ^_^

Here's what I think as far as ideas go:
-A little longer after Dawn (15-20 years sound good?)
-I agree with the villian NPC idea
-As one idea how about following Rudy's decent into darkness as he makes choices he would have never made before? Granted he's still one of the good guys but after some thought I now realize that the events of the first would not leave him as the person he once was. He had to witness many friends and innocents die, was almost tricked into killing Myra, came closer to death than he's ever been, unleashed his alter ego (The Blue Devil)and to top it off rather than let the person he loves most suffer as a blood drinker he too chose that path......
Yeah he's going to be perfectly fine and his normal self for the sequel
-I still like the idea of everyone searching for an item of some sort for whatever reason that character may have. Anyone else agree with that?

That's what I've got so far. Anyone else have something to add?

Shizo
10th October 2006, 09:46 PM
*random thoughts*

I'll go for the item idea, though I had the thought that maybe someone already has said item, like the villain or some sort of sworn protector. If the villain has it, the problem is she/he can't get it to work, because it's missing something. Could be an incantation, blood from a specific family of vampires or humans, a chance to be autographed by Chuck Norris, I don't know.

If it's the sworn protector, it could be having the others rallying around him/her to keep the item away from bad people, or just to get it for themselves because they realized how much that sucker would go for on eBay.

I also have this villain I invented that doesn't fit into the "not evil, just misunderstood" category and would have no problem at all with killing indiscrimiently. If there is genuine interest in starting this thing up, I can PM some sort of profile on him to you, Asi.

There should also be random acts of pineapple.

Asilynne
10th October 2006, 10:02 PM
Sounds good, about all the ideas actually :D Yeah go ahead and PM me the profile and Ill take a look ^v^

Master Rudy
11th October 2006, 07:50 AM
Could be an incantation, blood from a specific family of vampires or humans, a chance to be autographed by Chuck Norris, I don't know.

You know Chuck Norris invented the C-Section when he roundhouse kicked his way into the world.......

But seriously good ideas and additions to my idea of an item. You see said item searched for so often that it did slip my mind that either the villian or a guardian could already have it. Nice going Shi ^_~

Shizo
11th October 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks, I try.

Master Rudy
16th October 2006, 11:51 PM
Just curious....where do we stand with this right now? Are we any closer to moving forward with this or are you still looking for ideas Brandy?

Shizo
17th October 2006, 02:59 AM
Last I heard, I had told Asi of my bad guy, and she said she'd try to make out a plot outline.

That's all I know.