PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Breeding hypo.

DarkestLight
12th August 2006, 03:30 PM
Umm this may have already been answered, but I've found no difinitive guide to say otherwise.

Now, I've been quite busy on Emerald, {because I'm filling up Box... trying to get that Pichu -.-} So, I decided to get a good Jolly Houndoom. I grab my Houndoom from Col-breeding it with Ditto, and yay, getting a ton of SunnyDooms.

But here's the weird thing. I bike from Verdanturf to the beginning of the beach at Route 118-around 260 steps on bike {calculation may be wrong...}

Now. I know Houndoom takes 5120 steps, so that's like 2560 steps with Incubator attached {That's my Slugma}. So..

Why are my eggs hatching after only two trips? A trip equals going from Verdanturf to the beach only. Seriously, I'm up to around 50 Houndooms. In a very short time, like 8 minutes I believe. Why are they hatching so fast? Is there anything that says hatching a Pokemon with the Flash Fire type also accelerates its hatching? Or do I have some sort of cool glitch. Note this only works for Houndours, Eevee is pissing me off because it seems like forever.

TKnHappyNess
12th August 2006, 06:00 PM
The only thing I can think of is that one step normally = 2 with a Pokemon that has Magma Armor or Flame Body on the team.

Poryhedron
12th August 2006, 06:56 PM
Allow me to propose a scenario.
Suppose that the distance from Verdanturf to the Route 118 river happens to be exactly 256 steps. Why? Because it makes the math easier.
You pick up Houndour Egg 1 from the Day-Care Man and make two trips with it. That's 256 x 2 = 512 steps. At that point, you find another Houndour Egg, Houndour Egg 2, waiting for you. You pick it up and make two more trips. Now you've taken 1024 steps with Egg 1 and 512 steps with Egg 2. At this point, by happy coincidence, you pick up Egg 3...and this continues.
Egg 1 hatches in 5120 Steps, halved to 2560 thanks to Incubator. A single trip is 256 steps, so Egg 1 hatches in 10 trips. In that time, though, you've biked 2048 steps with Egg 2, 1536 steps with Egg 3, 1024 steps with Egg 4, 512 steps with Egg 5, and the Day Care Man is ready to present you with Egg 6. What winds up happening is that, every two trips, another egg hatches. Each egg takes 10 trips to hatch, but you end up getting another Houndour every two trips.

Foguet
13th August 2006, 07:24 AM
Allow me to propose a scenario.
Suppose that the distance from Verdanturf to the Route 118 river happens to be exactly 256 steps. Why? Because it makes the math easier.
You pick up Houndour Egg 1 from the Day-Care Man and make two trips with it. That's 256 x 2 = 512 steps. At that point, you find another Houndour Egg, Houndour Egg 2, waiting for you. You pick it up and make two more trips. Now you've taken 1024 steps with Egg 1 and 512 steps with Egg 2. At this point, by happy coincidence, you pick up Egg 3...and this continues.
Egg 1 hatches in 5120 Steps, halved to 2560 thanks to Incubator. A single trip is 256 steps, so Egg 1 hatches in 10 trips. In that time, though, you've biked 2048 steps with Egg 2, 1536 steps with Egg 3, 1024 steps with Egg 4, 512 steps with Egg 5, and the Day Care Man is ready to present you with Egg 6. What winds up happening is that, every two trips, another egg hatches. Each egg takes 10 trips to hatch, but you end up getting another Houndour every two trips.

I had read somewhere that when you're carrying more than one egg, only one of them continues hatching, at least in Generation II.

frylock
13th August 2006, 07:41 AM
More than likely Poryhedron is right, but I have seen weird things happening when breeding on emerald. My cousin came over and he had a bulbasaur, a treecko, and torchics. So then he started breeding the treeckos and the bulbasaurs. He had enough eggs caught for me, himself, and his sister. So then one egg hatched, Bulbasaur, another egg hatches..... Bulbasaur, and the last Bulbasaur egg hatches... but its a Rhyhorn. How this makes any sense I don't know...

DarkestLight
13th August 2006, 11:49 PM
That scenario is very plausible Pory, but there's only one problem.

Houndour Egg one hatched in two trips from me picking it up from the Daycare Man. As for the rest, that makes alot of sense, and I never really noticed it until it occured. But I'm pretty sure your scenario is possibly the best explanation.