PDA

View Full Version : Melee Battle =)

+conspiracy+
12th August 2006, 05:31 PM
k... as the title states, this battle will consist of melee/contact moves only.

1 on 1
You choose first
I attack first
DQ: 5 days
Arena: Huge indestructable boxing ring. The floor of the ring cannot be damaged in any way, and battlers who are sent out of the ring will be thrown back in by the roudy crowd, doing no damage.

:D

Chris Watarimono
12th August 2006, 05:42 PM
Ahahaha!

This should be fun. :3

And I'll be using my Combusken [m], Roy, if you don't mind.

Roy: Combusken! ^-^

The music of this battle is:
ZiG ZaG - Pandemonium (It's an In The Groove song; go check out the game)

-Chris R.

Bison Woes
13th August 2006, 12:31 PM
I can ref this if you would like a rookie doing the reffing.

+conspiracy+
13th August 2006, 05:15 PM
excellent =)

I'll go with my female Heracross, Nitra.

easy first round... Brick Break ~ Megahorn ~ Brick Break

Chris Watarimono
13th August 2006, 06:40 PM
Wahahaha! A tale of two fighters! XD Perfect. And we don't mind you coming in and reffing Bison. =)
Roy, use your own Brick Break. Hopefully that can cancel both attacks out. If it doesn't, that's all right.
Next, catch its Megahorn and Seismic Toss Heracross back down to the ring.
Finish by sweeping in through with your Aerial Ace!

Brick Break ~ Seismic Toss ~ Aerial Ace

Roy: Combusken! ^-^

Note to c0n5p1r4cy: Do you think you want to ban the move Counter? After all, since both of us are using physical contact moves, one use of Counter can easily turn the tide of things too extreme. What do you think?

Bison Woes
13th August 2006, 07:44 PM
Round One:

c0n5p1r4cy VS Chris Watarimono

http://pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs168.gif
c0n5p1r4cy's Nitra the Heracross, Female
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Notes: Pumped up for the fight!
Attacks: Brick Break ~ Megahorn ~ Brick Break

VS

http://pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs005.gif
Chris Watarimono's Roy the Combusken, Male
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Notes: Pumped for the fight!
Attacks: Brick Break ~ Seismic Toss ~ Aerial Ace

Arena: Huge indestructable boxing ring. The floor of the ring cannot be damaged in any way, and battlers who are sent out of the ring will be thrown back in by the roudy crowd, doing no damage.
Arena Status: Indestructable.

Theme Music: ZiG ZaG - Pandemonium

Round One Start!

The referee, decked out in the traditional black and white uniform, pulls down a microphone from the ceiling. She gestures to calm the cheering crowd so that she may speak. Reluctantly, the crowd quiets down a bit as spotlights swing and blind many a person. "It's going to be an interesting fight today, folks! In this corner we have the fire-spewing, hot headed menace of flames! Chris' Combusken, Roy!" The crowd immediately goes while as the fighting bird pumps his fists in the air, letting a few flames roll off of his claws. "And in this corner, we have the bugging out, mighty tossing horned avenger! c0n5p1r4cy's Heracross, Nitra!" The Heracross squeals, slamming her foot onto the ring in intimidation. "Now, let's get ready to rumble!"

The referee is immediately chased out of the ring by various food items for her bad joke as the bell rings.

Both opponents rush out, Nitra a little slower but still trying to match speed with the Combusken. Her arm rose into the air, ready to drive it into the the taller Pokemon's side. Roy raises his own arm, bending down to block it with his own attack. The two arms lower, Nitra spines slamming into the Fire-type's arm and the impact hurting them both (3% damage, 2% energy to Roy; 2% damage, 2% energy to Nitra). He grinds his beak but holds on, forming a standstill as neither opponent wants to back off and give the other an advantage. Roy pushes against the Heracross' arm, managing to push her back a bit before she steadied herself.

Finally, both Pokemon jump back, panting a little to gain back their breaths from the strain. Nitra lowers her head, dashing forward to slide the horn underneath Roy or at least smack him with it (3% energy). Roy spreads his feet apart, forming a defensive position to try and stop the Heracross. She nearly hits the Combusken but his claws wrap around her horn, lifting her off of the ground. Grunting, he immediately begins to spin around, amusing and driving the crowd wild. One, two, three spins! Nitra squeals and tries to get her wings out to stop this dizzying act but suddenly finds herself being thrown through the air (5% energy to Roy). She squeals before crashing into a cleared part of the stands (8% damage). The crowd all acts together, lifting the slightly dazed Bug-type off of the fallen chairs and chucks her back into the ring. She stands up, stumbling a bit.

Roy gets his breath again,setting himself up for his next attack. The crowd cheers, some yelling something about a chair. His fists clenched, he dashes forward, hoping to bounce off of the ropes to go back a safe distance. Nitra manages to get her sight back in order, seeing the red shape moving towards her. She growls, one foot sliding back to prevent from going far while her arm once again rises into the air. Roy moves to dodge the diagonal sweeping move, still aimed to hit the Heracross. However, Nitra has another trick up her sleeve, awkwardly turning her arm to sweep the air in front of her. She grunts from the impact of her hand and the Combusken's hit (8% damage, 2% energy to Nitra; 3% damage, 4% energy to Roy).

Roy backs up, putting his fists in front of his face and boucning from foot to foot. Nitra growls, sliding into a strange fighting stance. The crowd continues to scream and shout, cheering their side on and encouraging the fighters. The bell dings again, a signal for Round One to end.

Round One End

http://pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs168.gif
c0n5p1r4cy's Nitra the Heracross, Female
Health: 82%
Energy: 93%
Notes: Ready to teach a bird that Bugs rule!

VS

http://pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs005.gif
Chris Watarimono's Roy the Combusken, Male
Health: 94%
Energy: 89%
Notes: Ready to kick a Bug's butt back to the forest!

Arena Status: The crowd is going wild and a few chairs have been crushed from Nitra's fall.

Notes: Nitra received more damage from the Seismic Toss from falling on the chairs and then the floor. It took more energy and did less damage for Nitra's second Brick Break because of her having to change the angle of the swing at the last moment.

Chris Watarimono attacks first, c0n5p1r4cy attacks second.

+conspiracy+
14th August 2006, 12:06 AM
yes, counter will not be allowed for this battle, thanks for pointing that out =)

Chris Watarimono
21st August 2006, 01:19 AM
Aye, apologies for the wait. But there's some matters I need to take with the reffing Bison.

Attacks should generally use up half of the base attack power of the attack damage as energy. In other words, a Flamethrower inflicting 8% damage should drain 4% energy, a Mega Punch dealing 6% should use 3% energy, and so on. In the case of odd number damage, round up or down as you please.

Also, Pokemon shouldn't lose energy arbitrarily, unless there's a significant reason for the Pokemon to get fatigued without doing any kind of action, such as extreme weather effects or attacks like Spite. Even then, it really shouldn't be so punishing on a Pokemon's energy. At the rate they're going, both battlers would probably fall before they hit the 50% mark. =X

Still, it's a good thing for you to post the energy and damage of each attack. Now we know how much each attack does what. =)

As for my commands:

Double Kick ~ Aerial Ace ~ Slash

+conspiracy+
21st August 2006, 03:19 AM
=)

Let's get right to it... grab his legs when he tries to kick you and Seismic Toss him out of the ring. Then meet that chicken's attack with a Megahorn. Then finish off the round with a Fury Attack.

Bison Woes
26th August 2006, 09:10 AM
Sorry for the wait. School's started and I'm trying to get into the swing of things. I'll see if I can have the next round up by tonight.

Thank you for the help, Chris. The Round above has been editted to a, hopefully, better energy usage.

Bison Woes
3rd September 2006, 07:45 PM
School's killing me so I will have to to revoke reffing this. I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long for nothing.

+conspiracy+
4th September 2006, 01:36 AM
ok, I just realized I still have too many battles, so I will withdraw from this battle...

everyone seems to have slowed down since school started, and school is a lot more important so its not a problem =)

Chris Watarimono
4th September 2006, 08:35 AM
Oh noes! Everyone's disappearing. =O

Ah well, I understand both of you, so no worries. :ninja: :pirate: