PDA

View Full Version : Dark Dragonite Vs. aragornbird Gym Battle!!(Ref Ace64)

Dark Dragonite
13th August 2006, 11:11 AM
Well, although your team looks pretty fearsome, and I know you are a tough competitor, I need to challenge you.
What rules would you like?

aragornbird
13th August 2006, 03:36 PM
Oooh, first challenger! Okay:

3 vs. 3
I send first, you attack first
DQ: 5 days
Banned moves: Attract, Recovery Moves, Substitute, Toxic
Arena: Meneltarma (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=44987.msg666949#msg666949)

I choose Pelóri, my (Genderless) Porygon2!

Dark Dragonite
13th August 2006, 03:54 PM
wow, picking a tough poke to start...then again...lol your whole team will prove a challenge to me.

By "recovery moves" you mean all, from straight up recover, to giga drain, to pain split? also, do you also include moves like refresh, aromatherapy, and heal bell?

aragornbird
13th August 2006, 04:06 PM
Giga Drain, Dream Eater, Leech Seed etc. are Draining moves so I don't consider them Recovery moves. Refresh, Aromatherapy, and Heal Bell are allowed since they don't heal Health.

Dark Dragonite
13th August 2006, 04:26 PM
ok, I've narrowed it down to 2 pokes on my team...just so you know, I have a male mawile I bought from chris2.0 and an eevee...you probably won't see eevee in combat, lol...I will make my choice later tonight, I have to go to Starbuck's and a grocery store...very frustrated with college/family issues right now...need to clear my head...sorry

Dark Dragonite
14th August 2006, 12:22 AM
Sorry for the DP...but here I am...cleared head and all!!

I send out Donnie, my male Mawile!!
I technically didn't want to use him so quick, but I figure I have an ace or 2 up my sleeve if need be...plus I doubt I'm going to see your spearow in this match...

Donnie, start off with a Double Team, follow up with a "Tee Hee"!!(Faint Attack to get behind, and Tickle combo)

Subs: If your foe choses to use a firey move, use Faint Attack to get around the attack, and hit it!
If somehow Faint attack is unavailable to you, use Swords Dance

aragornbird
15th August 2006, 11:25 PM
If Donnie wants to touch you, then let him. Sharpen your body to obtain razor sharp edges so he'll hurt himself. Then use a superaccurate Shock Wave to hit him even if he has clones and/or is invisible. Then, since we have an extra turn, get up close enough to him so you can aim properly with Zap Cannon. Go for paralysis if you can.

Sharpen - Shock Wave - Zap Cannon

Ref please!

Ace64
16th August 2006, 03:13 PM
I'll ref this for you.

Dark Dragonite
16th August 2006, 03:18 PM
Sure Ace, I'm always a fan of your reffing style!!

Ace64
16th August 2006, 06:28 PM
I have fans? Hm.
*cracks knuckles*

[center]
Aragornbird vs.Dark Dragonite
Gym Match!

Arena: Meneltarma
The Pillar of Heavens

A tall, sacred mountain on the island of Númenor. The grass-covered base of the mountain gives way to slopes that become almost vertical near the summit. The kings of Númenor built a spiraling stairway to reach the top of the peak. It has a broad and flattened summit, able to contain a great multitude during important events, such as Pokemon battles of course.

Despite the great importance of the summit of Meneltarma, there is no structure built on it. It is only the rocky peak and the open air. No plants grow on it, and no birds or animals inhabit it. The only living things that go near it are the giant Eagles that circle above the mountain. They are considered the guardians of the mountain and all the land.
If a Pokémon should fall or be knocked off the mountain, one of the Eagles will swoop down to pick it up. However, this will come at a 5% penalty to the Pokémon’s health.

Pelori http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr233.png -
HP: 100%
EN: 100%

Donnie http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr303.png (M)
EN: 100%

Aragornbird and Pelori:
Sharpen~Shock Wave~Zap Cannon
DD and Donnie:
Double Team~Tee Hee (Faint Attack+Tickle)

Round One, Begin!
The battle begins high above the island of Numenor, long before cars, airplanes, ships, and accent marks existed. Two Pokemon trainers meet here on this summit, about to engage in a fierce battle. The journey will be tough and daunting, but the challenger is determined to venture it- he must gain his prize. The Leader, on the other side, is just as ready to defend it.

Their Pokemon leap into action. Donnie, a Mawile, splits into two, setting themselves up in a triangle formation.(-6% EN) Pelori, working under the cool logic only computers possess, is undaunted. His metallic surface sparkles as his sensors hum into life, calculating angles and running probalities. Surface density- +50% In response, his 'skin' becomes hard and jagged, like mechanic sandpaper. (-5% EN)

Donnie and his clones disappear from view, smiling as they do. Pelori can't sense his opponent anywhere- but he doesn't need to. His generators charge a miniature electric charge through the turbines, before discharging it into the air. The bolts of lightning home in on Donnie's steel coat, seeming to strike thin air. (-7% HP, -4% EN) Nevertheless, Donnie sneaks up behind his opponent, reappearing without his clones. He leaps forward, fingers moving to tickle the emotionless Porygon2, only to feel a sharp sensation. He pulls his hands to back to see they are bleeding! That was silly. (-3% HP, -7% EN)

With his opponent's actions finished, Pelori has plenty of time to set up his next attack. He lines up with the Mawile, beginning to build a very strong electric charge within. His nose begins to glow as the Zap Cannon nears completion, which Donnie watches nervously. Then, a column of electric might burst forth, covering Donnie in the glow. He shrieks in pain, his nerves dancing a tarantella of pain. When the blast fades, Donnie is on his back, his muscles spasming. (-13% HP, -8% EN)

EN: 83%

HP: 77%
EN: 87%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance moves requiring motion will fail.)

Dark Dragonite
22nd August 2006, 08:48 AM
I believe it is your turn aragornbird

aragornbird
22nd August 2006, 10:04 AM
Sorry for the delay.

Anyways, you did awesomely, Pelori. Now use you sharpened surface to strike him with Iron Tail, then some elemental damage with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

Iron Tail - Ice Beam - Thunderbolt

Use Shock Wave if he tries Double Team or Faint Attack.

Dark Dragonite
24th August 2006, 03:59 PM
Ok Donnie, Let's go for a Swords Dance to block that tail and power boost, then, counter ice beam with a Flamethrower with you boosted power, should negate and hurt P2. Finish the round with a Secret Power

Ace64
24th August 2006, 05:03 PM
Swords Dance boosts attack power, not special.
[center]
Gym Match!

EN: 83%

HP: 77%
EN: 87%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance moves requiring motion will fail.)

Aragornbird and Pelori:
Iron Tail~Ice Beam~Thunderbolt
DD and Donnie:
Swords Dance~Flamethrower~Secret Power

Round Two, Begin!
Pelori floats forward, its teardrop shaped tail glowing a metallic gray. Donnie, struggling against his spasming muscles, manages to stand. As Pelori swings its sharpened tail about, Donnie spins in the same direction of the tail. It's like sticking your hand in a revolving door (minus the part where one gets something chopped off.) Pelori's tail whiffs the Mawile by inches, before being pushed away by Donnie's centrifugal force. (-5% EN) Donnie closes his eyes, pushing himself into combat focus. When he comes to a stop, his mind feels calmer and his muscles stronger.(-6% EN)

Pelori floats away, a bit irked at missing its blow. Its blue belly shines a dull red, as water is turned to ice within its belly. Donnie's horn jerks and quivers, filling with some sinister substance. Pelori emits a blue ray of frost, straight at Donnie. (-6% EN)Simultaneously, the Mawile releases a stream of super-heated gas, igniting upon contact with the air.(-6% EN) The elemental attacks meet, clashing between the two Pokemon. Donnie's flames make short work of Pelori's ice, but is used up with the effort.Steam hisses as the attacks dissapate.

Pelori's generators hum, filling with charging electricity. The Porygon2's eyeballs gleam yellow as the eletric attack nears completion. With a hiss, the electric energy is discharged from the Porygon's body, striking Donnie head on. After last round, the Mawile is quite used to the feel of electricity, and twitches as the current runs through his body.(-9% HP, -6% EN) Shaking off the numb feeling in his legs, Donnie's horn widens, firing out a sphere of random status energy. It strikes Pelori in his beak, causing him to cough. Poison! (-7% HP, -4% EN)

HP: 90%
EN: 69%
Status: Surface sharpened (attack boost- 1 round.) Poisoned (-3% HP each round.)

HP: 68%
EN: 71%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance moves requiring motion will fail.) Attack boosted- 2 rounds.

Dark Dragonite
25th August 2006, 11:20 AM
Hmmm...it seems we need to try an stay focused this round, maybe get lucky next...Donnie, start with an Iron Defense see if we can bolster our chances, then follow up with Ancient Power and Secret Power!!

aragornbird
25th August 2006, 01:59 PM
If you can attack before Donnie uses Iron Defense, then use Facade. The attack boost + Poison should power it up a lot. If you can't strike first, use Blizzard.

Then Double Team.

And finally, give him a Secret Power of your own.

Facade/Blizzard - Double Team - Secret Power

Ace64
7th September 2006, 10:23 PM
[center]
Gym Match!

HP: 90%
EN: 69%
Status: Surface sharpened (attack boost- 1 round.) Poisoned (-3% HP each round.)

HP: 68%
EN: 71%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance moves requiring motion will fail.) Attack boosted- 2 rounds.

Aragornbird and Pelori:
Facade/Blizzard~Double Team~Secret Power
DD and Donnie:
Iron Defense~Ancientpower~Secret Power

Round Three, Begin!
Trying to keep focused this round, so at to get lucky the next, Donnie turns his attention to himself. His metallic covering gleams as the Mawile subconsciously spreads another veneer of minerals over his body, improving his physical toughness. (-5% EN) Noting the change in Donnie's appearance, Pelori shifts actions. His body glows a brighter shade of blue, before releasing a thick stream of ice and wind directed at the Mawile. (-12% HP, -7% EN) Donnie's body gains a new covering of ice as he begins to shiver.

Drawing on his powers over the forces of nature, Donnie attunes his mind to the earth around him.With a mental heave, he forces the rocks upwards, holding three large boulders around him. He turns to face his foe, only to see that Pelori has split into five more bodies. Which one is the true Porygon2?(-6% EN) Taking a shot in the dark, he releases his boulders at one Porygon...only to crash uselessly into each other as the clone fades away. (-6% EN)

Donnie gathers a white orb of energy within his horn, taking aim at another Porygon2. The Pelori's do the same, focusing a status-laced energy orb on the tip of their beak. Donnie fires first, releasing his power at the Porygon2 to his right. This time, his attack strikes home, rocking Pelori.(-9% HP, -4% EN) The impact causes it to lose concentration, and the other doubles fade away. Angry, Pelori fights back, hitting Donnie in his horn. His steel covering absorbs some of the blow, but not the effects of the power...(-6% HP, -4% EN)

HP: 78%
EN: 52%

HP: 50%
EN: 56%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance moves requiring motion will fail.) Attack boosted- 1 round.

Ace64
8th September 2006, 07:50 PM
Reffing up, sorry for double post

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 09:20 AM
Great job, Pelori. Now Thunderbolt, followed by a Shadow Ball, and finally, Relax as you seem to be running low on energy.

Thunderbolt - Shadow Ball - Relax

If he uses Double Team, switch to Shock Wave.

Dark Dragonite
12th September 2006, 11:22 AM
We have him now Donnie!!

Since electric and ghost attacks won't hurt that much, let's try a Stockpile, they may even hurt him back by you being connected to him...then continue Stockpile, and finish by Swallowing all the energy you gained out!!

Ace64
12th September 2006, 12:53 PM
Swallow would count as a recovery move, which are banned. Having Swallow recover energy seems redundant, since Stockpile uses up energy- if you really need energy that bad, just Relax. Up to AB whether or not you can re-do moves...

Dark Dragonite
12th September 2006, 08:23 PM
swallow is recovery from a damaging move...the description says much like leech life...
Recover is direct recovery...swallow by itself does nothing...only combined with stock pile does it heal

and I don't believe we banned energy recovers, just health recovery...the point was to steal energy from a tiring pokemon, and gain back what I used in stockpiling...

Chris 2.1
13th September 2006, 09:51 AM
*Steps in*

DD Pmed me and I'm here to share my wisdom. For some reason the Attack List has stockpile as a draining move. Why this is, I have no idea; Stockpile literally stockpiles energy. Spit up deals damage dependant on how much had been stockpiled, while swallow does likewise but recovers HP depending on how much has been stockpiled.

Now the decision is difficult because it depends on how Ace refs it. Game version or ASB version? Because Stockpile is not a leeching move like mega or giga drain; similarly swallow is a direct healing move and is banned.

Ace this is on your shoulders but if you dont want that burden, you could order a re-write for attacks.

Ace64
13th September 2006, 12:58 PM
Ah- I checked the attack list, and was a little confused at the description- normally, I would have reffed Stockpile as gathering energy, not draining it away from the opponent. Swallow, ASB or not, I would ref as recovering health- like I said, you could gain more energy back just through Relaxing. Still, this is AB's gym, and he has the final word here, so I'll leave the decision of a re-write up to him. If he doesn't give you the chance, then I'll ref as usual, with Swallow being banned and Stockpile gathering energy.

aragornbird
13th September 2006, 10:07 PM
Sure, DD, you can redo you moves. You're going last anyways, so it won't have any impact on my moves.

Dark Dragonite
13th September 2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks Aragornbird...my stupidity...rough week...

Now, how is Stock pile being reffed, then I shall attack...

Ace64
13th September 2006, 10:58 PM
Stockpile gathers energy within the user- it does not drain away energy from the opponent. That's how's I'd ref it.

Dark Dragonite
15th September 2006, 08:28 AM
Ok Donnie, we may look like we're backed in a corner, but not yet...Go for a Sing, then, if P2 is asleep, use Focus Punch and Facade, if P2 is awake, go for Secret Power, and Torment when it relaxes...try to stop it from using it again...

Ace64
20th September 2006, 12:54 PM
[center]
Gym Match!

HP: 78%

HP: 50%
EN: 56%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance moves requiring motion will fail.) Attack boosted- 1 round.

Aragornbird and Pelori:
Thunderbolt~Shadow Ball~Relax
DD and Donnie:
Sing~Focus Punch/Secret Power~Facade/Torment

Round Four, Begin!
Gathering electrical energy within itself, Pelor hovers forward, marking Donnie as its target. The crackling surge of a power grows louder and louder, coming to a head as the Porygon2 releases the blast, zapping Donnie straight on. (-9% HP, -5% EN) Hurt, his nerves tingling painfully, Donnie shakes off the shock. His eyes close as he hums a gentle tune, a beautiful tale concerning star'crossed lovers- a Clefairy and a Jigglypuff. Young love...*Sigh* Pelori's eyelids flutter, before the computer slips into sleep. Sleep Mode, that is. (-4% EN)

Small beeps and hums emit from the digitalized Pokemon- it barely moves in mid-air, so deep in slumber.(+8% EN) Donnie recognizes his opportunity. Though his muscles spasm painfully, the Mawile holds out a hand, balling it into a fist. An aura of light blue energy surrounds his fist, growing in size and power. Locking eyes with the target, Donnie smiles in pleasure and charges Pelori. He moves jerkily, weighed down with his iron coating and hampered by his weak muscles, but somehow manages. As his fist slams powerfully into the Porygon's nose, the aura fades away, released into the Porygon's body. (-12% HP, -7% EN) As the Porygon2 rolls about in pain in flight, its eyes snap back into focus.

Nose hurting and still feeling a bit groggy, Pelori decides to relax. (+8% EN) Donnie tries to move forward, intent on releasing his rage, but this time, cannot. His tortured muscles refuse to move.

HP: 63%
EN: 62%

HP: 41%

Ace64
29th October 2006, 10:22 AM
*resurrects*

Just curious, but DD hasn't been on since Sept. 20-- he posted in the absence tower talking about a job, which I can sympathize with, but...just thought I'd bring this up.