PDA

View Full Version : MLG vs. Andrew (Ref:Mega Horny)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th August 2006, 06:04 AM
Yeah, so I have a free spot. I'd like a 1vs1 battle. Plain Indigo stadium. 5 days DQ. Banned moves: Rest, Substitute, Destiny Bond, Recover. That's it.

I send out my male shiny Voltorb, Zeus. (You attack first.)

Ref please?

Andrew
14th August 2006, 06:09 AM
I shall battle you! I choose my female vulpix, foxxy love. Is that okay?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th August 2006, 11:55 AM
Sure. We do need a ref.

Please refs? Free brownie points?

Mega Horny
15th August 2006, 01:03 PM
You rang? MLG requested I ref this -- However, I'm quite busy, so please don't expect more than one reffing per day. I'll do my best and I won't forget.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th August 2006, 01:15 PM
Thank you MH. I won't forget this friendly gesture.

Mega Horny
15th August 2006, 03:59 PM
Yep. Ready for action(s)

SHOWDOWN
MLG v.s. Andrew
Arena: Indigo Stadium
Referee: Mega Horny
Music: Stacey’s Mom ~ FOW

<Team UU>
Zeus (Genderless Voltorb)
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%

<Team Oz>
Fozzy Love. Is that okay? (female Vulpix)
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%

Arena Status: Indigo Stadium.

MATCH

The two opponents, Zeus, a courageous Voltorb and Foxxy Love. Is that okay?, a seductress with an attitude eye each other slowly in the vacant wide colosseum. As they cautiously eye each other, Zeus, while floating around clumsily, bumps into Vulpix’s house blend, spilling it all over the leather upholstered chair that it had carried out to the arena for some odd reason, probably involving his fetish with gold coins. Nevermind, that’s Meowth. Regardless, the fire pokemon angrily begins the round.

MATCH

-- BEGIN –

ROUND 1: “Untitled”

-- END --

<Team UU>

<Team Oz>

Andrew
15th August 2006, 10:36 PM
Dear little Foxxy Love, a mystery solving musician!

Start off with a nice Safeguard, then, use a nice heatwave and finish off with an Iron Tail

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th August 2006, 04:02 AM
First Taunt him my beloved Orb and make her forget all about Safeguard. Then spit a Toxic on him just before the heatwave,that should be no problem with your supreme speed. Then use Thunderwave and make him limb, before she can move up for Irontail.

Taunt ~ Toxic ~ Thunderwave

Mega Horny
16th August 2006, 12:42 PM
SHOWDOWN
MLG v.s. Andrew

<Team UU>

<Team Oz>

MATCH

The two opponents, Zeus, a courageous Voltorb and Foxxy Love. Is that okay?, a seductress with an attitude eye each other slowly in the vacant wide colosseum. As they cautiously eye each other, Zeus, while floating around clumsily, bumps into Vulpix’s house blend, spilling it all over the leather upholstered chair that it had carried out to the arena for some odd reason, probably involving his fetish with gold coins. Nevermind, that’s Meowth. Regardless, the fire pokemon angrily begins the round.

MATCH

-- BEGIN –

Shouting out an imcomplete sentence, Andrew decides to start things up. However, Zeus, using its excellent speed begins to spin around in front of the Vulpix, taunting it. Forgetting its trainer’s command, Foxxy growls instead, preparing for a powerful heatwave.

However, Voltorb, zooming towards the fire pokemon, somehow conjures a glob of sticky purple goo, flinging it onto its unwary opponent. Shaking off what didn’t dissolve into her fur, her tails arced up like a Scorpion’s stinger and a massive array of flames spun out of her mouth, engulfing Voltorb in a ball of swirling heat.

Shaking itself off, Zeus rises again, sending a bright white thunderbolt into her opponent. Suddenly, Foxxy’s muscles tighten and it has trouble moving, but not before it successfully connects an iron tail with its opponent.

ROUND 1: “Insert Clever Pun Here”

-- END --

<Team UU>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 83%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 90%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 98%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 84% Status: Taunt (2), paralyzed, badly poisoned (4% damage next round)

Arena Status: Floor slightly charred.

NOTES: Sorry for the kind of messy and boring reffing, I’m very tired.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th August 2006, 12:52 PM
That's alright, I'm just glad you could ref it and that Zeus is an awesome pokemon ^^ Stacy's mom, has got it going on *hums*

What a crappy song.

Zeus, good job! First, set up a Double Team, then get offensive and unleash two Thunderbolts! When she tries Double Team use Shockwave, and refresh incase of a status infliction (C-Ray, WoW, Toxic, etc...) Keep the double team, though.

Double Team ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

Subs: Shockwave / Refresh

Mega Horny
16th August 2006, 01:06 PM
Heh, my bad, that was from another battle. I guess I forgot to change it. I should do Foxy Lady or something.

Andrew
16th August 2006, 08:22 PM
Ok time to get sneaky!

Ok start off with a swift! Then! I want you to use a close range Toxic and then, when it's using Refresh, use Quick Attack to attach yourself to it and heal your status effect as well. We'll show him what a prick he is for trying to toxic us!

This is all on the Azurill using Refresh to heal someone who was touching it when it used Refresh. From the epi where it's like Misty and Pikachu ect.

Mega Horny
16th August 2006, 08:25 PM
One reffing a day, im afraid. But, i promise, ill do it tommorrow morning, as soon as I get up.

Andrew
16th August 2006, 08:39 PM
That's perfectly fine, thank you once again.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th August 2006, 04:29 AM
What the fuck, isn't that just ridiculous? Healing when touching. BS if you ask me, but whatever.

Andrew
17th August 2006, 04:54 AM
Well pikachu was healed by azuril when it touched it when it used refresh. So i'm stealing the healing.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th August 2006, 06:10 AM
Yeah whatever, that means Rhydon gets hit by Thunder attack. 'AIM FOR THE HORN!'. The animé is bullshit and you know it.

Mega Horny
17th August 2006, 06:36 AM
SHOWDOWN
MLG v.s. Andrew

<Team UU>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 83%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 90%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 98%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 84% Status: Taunt (2), paralyzed, badly poisoned (4% damage next round)

MATCH

ROUND 2: “A Refreshing Round”
-- BEGIN –

Zeus begins, summoning 8 indentical clones of itself, however, Foxxy will not be fooled, and spits a miniscule burst of bright light into the pack, zooming around until connecting with the real Voltorb; all of its fakes shatter.

Staying on the offensive, Vulpix growls, But cannot spit a toxic onto Voltorb due to the effects of taunt.

Suddenly, the electric pokemon glows with a bright light.
Foxy, also trying to gain the effect of his refresh, charges into him, knocking him to the ground. Straddling it, she began to glow with a white light as well. If Voltorb had a gender, this might have been odd. Both pokemon are healed. It is Anime Style Battling after all, but we won’t be doing anything unreasonable, like shocking ourselves with a thunder, hoping for golden magic armor and then flying head on into Lisa and Tate’s pokemon.

That’s what would have happened, in case you were wondering ^

Quick Attack still works.

Oh yeah, and both of the thunderbolts connect. Ow.

ROUND 2: “A refreshing round.”

-- END --

<Team UU>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIIII 77%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIII 65%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIII 80%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIII 76%
Status: Its tails are between its legs, and it is cowering. It is afraid its master will take his rage out on it, regardless of the fact that it was due to his careless planning that his tactics failed. Obviously, it has been kicked several times. Taunt (1), paralyzed, badly poisoned (8% damage next round)

Andrew
17th August 2006, 06:59 PM
I'm utterly confused as to what just happened.

But MeLovesGhosts, this is ANIME Style Battling :) Oh and I'd never hurt adorable little Vulpix! Unlike slaggy Jynx.

Mega Horny
17th August 2006, 07:19 PM
You were taunted, which only allows damaging moves. So, toxic, and any moves triggered by it were canceled out. otherwise, the round played out normally.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th August 2006, 03:40 AM
Exactly.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
21st August 2006, 05:31 AM
Reminder for Andrew.

Andrew
22nd August 2006, 01:17 AM
Righto. No problems, sorry about the delay Gents.

Foxxy, start off with a HEATWAVE! BURN baby Burn!

Then, use a delightful Will-O-Wisp as we're no longer taunted, and finish off by using a Swift. Thankfully you won't have to move much, so that paralysis won't hurt you.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
22nd August 2006, 02:47 AM
Well, I believe that Taunt lasts one round so sorry.

Alright Zeus! Let's get give him back that Heatwave with a Mirrorcoat! Then use Raindance so his Fire attack won't hurt that badly. Finish with a Thunder.

Mega Horny
22nd August 2006, 06:55 AM
I have an exam today. Reffing in later. Oh, and taunt lasts two rounds. Ingame, it lasts two turns, so I'm having it last two rounds here, which is how i usually ref it. I noted that in Vulpix's status, in case there is some controversy.

Andrew
22nd August 2006, 07:03 AM
I read that as one action, not round as it wasn't specified.

Mega Horny
22nd August 2006, 07:11 AM
Well, it said (2) at the begginning of the round, and if what you say is true, it would have only lasted two actions, but lasted the whole round. I suppose you can redo your moves if MLG approves...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
22nd August 2006, 09:51 AM
Well, alright then. *grumbles*

Taunt is always reffed in rounds, not moves.

Andrew
23rd August 2006, 08:37 PM
I personally ref Safeguard as lasting 5 actions... Not rounds....

But, Ok Foxxy, let's start off with a Double Team+Overheat Combo. You don't have to move much, so don't stress, and finish off with a Facade. You're paralyzed AND poisoned, should bloody do some damage.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd September 2006, 04:51 AM
Reminder for MH. MH?

Mega Horny
2nd September 2006, 08:28 AM
Oh, really? i thought youd want to redo your moves too, as you were originally attacking second. *shrug*

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd September 2006, 11:11 AM
I wasn't planning that, but why not.

Alright Zeus! Protect on your first turn. Then Raindance so clones will dissapear and fireattacks do less damage. Agility out of the way for Facade and raise your speed.

Mega Horny
2nd September 2006, 11:16 AM
SHOWDOWN
MLG v.s. Andrew

<Team UU>
Energy: IIIIIIIIIII 65%

<Team Oz>
Foxxy Love. Is that okay? (female Vulpix)
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIII 80%
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIII 76%
Status: Its tails are between its legs, and it is cowering. It is afraid its master will take his rage out on it, regardless of the fact that it was due to his careless planning that his tactics failed. Obviously, it has been kicked several times. Taunt (1), paralyzed, badly poisoned (8% damage next round)

MATCH

ROUND 3: “BLAH”

-- BEGIN –

Quick reffing. Got work. Mmk, protect successfully blocks overheat, and in asb, I ref the attack still costing energy, and sp atk too in this case, as protect doesn’t actually stop the Pokemon itself from using the attack. Then, rain dance wipes out clones. Finally, agility successfully dodges, as Vulpix is paralyzed and Voltorb is a mad fast pokemon. Sorry Andrew, but he played the round well =/

ROUND 3: “BLAH”

-- END --

<Team UU>
Energy: IIIIIII 45%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIII 72%
Energy: IIIIIII 49%
Status: paralyzed, badly poisoned (16% damage next round). No clones. Sp Atk decreased.

Arena Status: Raining (5[ROUNDS])

Andrew
2nd September 2006, 10:51 PM
Sucks 2 B me.... :( Thanks for reffing though.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd September 2006, 05:18 AM
Yeah, thanks for reffing MH. Also Andrew don't sweat it, you're a great opponent.

Taunt - Thunder - Thunder

Mirrorcoat back any fire attacks and Refresh to Will o wisp and Toxic.

Andrew
4th September 2006, 03:27 AM
Ok! Foxxy! We need to do this to stay in the game!

Protect against Taunt. Then, I want you to use Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, whatever you think will be more effective, then use a quick attack to straddle it again to steal it's refresh.

Mega Horny
4th September 2006, 07:37 AM
SHOWDOWN
MLG v.s. Andrew

<Team UU>
Energy: IIIIIII 45%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIII 72%
Energy: IIIIIII 49%
Status: paralyzed, badly poisoned (16% damage next round). No clones. Sp Atk decreased.

Arena Status: Raining (5[ROUNDS])

MATCH

ROUND 4: “BLAH 2.0”

-- BEGIN –

Sorry, but schools starting, and I’m short on time. Protect works, Thunder strikes, increasing paralysis, while Foxxy Love uses Toxic on Zeus, which causes him to use refresh instead of thunder, but Andrew commands his pokemon to straddle Voltorb and steal its refresh. The attack was transferred to Vulpix, just like in the anime *cough* and that’s pretty much it. Oh, and toxic took its toll at the beginning of the round, so, sorry Oz.

ROUND 4: “BLAH 2.0”

-- END --

<Team UU>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIII 73%
Energy: IIII 24%
Status: Badly Poisoned (4% damage next round), Speed Increased. Tired.

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIII 47%
Energy: IIIIII 34%

Arena Status: Raining (4)

NOTES: A well played comeback by Andrew, but yeesh, still, its hard out there for an Australian.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th September 2006, 11:13 AM
Actually, the attack doesn't 'steal' Refresh it just uses Refresh aswell, so we would be both refreshed instead of just Foxxy.

Mega Horny
4th September 2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah...I wondered, but as Andrew was the one who brought it up in the first place, I thought it would have been valid. Ignore it for now. i'll edit it in the next reffing.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th September 2006, 01:03 PM
Hurray! More HP!

Andrew
5th September 2006, 10:42 PM
Ok, let's start off with a Confuse Ray! Then, Sunny Day and let's use a Flamethrower!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th September 2006, 02:39 PM
Taunt, Toxic, Relax.

Mega Horny
6th September 2006, 05:12 PM
Yo, ill do this when I get the chance, but school kills me. I get home exhausted at 7:00 on most days.

Andrew
6th September 2006, 09:30 PM
I am so fucking sick of taunt.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th September 2006, 11:00 AM
I love you too.

Mega Horny
8th September 2006, 06:10 PM
SHOWDOWN
MLG v.s. Andrew

<Team UU>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIIII 73%
Energy: IIII 24%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIII 47%
Energy: IIIIII 34%

Arena Status: Raining (4)

MATCH

ROUND 5: “B’day”

-- BEGIN –

Poor Andy. So, Foxxy mopes around, wishing it could use Confuse Ray and sunny day while Zeus poisons the poor soul and chills, smirking. Flamethrower does work, however, but the pouring rain down-powers it.

ROUND 5: “B’day”

-- END --

<Team UU>
HP: IIIIIIIIIIIII 67%
Energy: IIII 21%

<Team Oz>
HP: IIIIIII 46%
Energy: IIIII 29%
Status: Badly Poisoned (2% damage next round) Sp Atk decreased. Taunt (2 ROUNDS)

Arena Status: Raining (3)

Andrew
8th September 2006, 08:38 PM
I can't win. I surrender. From now on too, i am banning taunt from any battles i will have in the future since you abused it.

Mega Horny
8th September 2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry 'bout that. But you can't ban it from our match ;)

Andrew -- 1
MH -- 2
MLG -- 2

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th September 2006, 03:28 AM
Wtf, seriously Andrew you whine to much. I used Taunt as it should be used.

Chris 2.1
9th September 2006, 06:22 AM
In all fairness Taunt is usually a permenant move anyway, lasting until the Pokemon is switched out or fainted. So you were quite lucky.