PDA

View Full Version : Chris 2.0 VS Ace 64: Ref needed

Chris 2.1
16th August 2006, 04:31 PM
2-2 (Both out at the same time)
We each choose one of our Pokemon to battle, and then we select the opponents second Pokemon.

Example.

I am using Deadalus, my [M] Lairon.

You pick your first Pokemon.

I then pick your second Pokemon

You then pick my second Pokemon with attacks.

I post my attacks.

Sound like fun? Well thanks... I do try. No banned moves, DQ Time is N/A, umm and the arena is up to you. Entirely. And ps: I am crap at double battles.

Anyway I choose Daedalus, [M] Lairon. Go!

Ace64
16th August 2006, 04:50 PM
I'll take you on, Chris.

Go for it, Tempest! (F) Rapidash!
Whoops. It's worth noting I also have a Pichu, which is not in my sig.

Chris 2.1
16th August 2006, 05:05 PM
I was really spoilt for choice looking through your team. But I thought "screw size, weakness etc" an went for a Pokemon that will be a nice challange to battle.

Your Scizor.

Ace64
16th August 2006, 05:47 PM
I've always wanted to face a Flygon. I'll face major fire troubles, but screw it. I'll choose your Flygon.

Right then. Trios, let's start with you. Try and stay in the air if you can. Start with an Agility, stay ready to try and dodge whatever comes at you. Next, blow a Silver Wind at the two of them, and finally, swing a Metal Claw at Flygon. Aim for the wings.

Tempest, we have an easier time. Send Lairon a nice Flamethrower, then Bounce off his hide and try a flying Take Down on Flygon.

EDIT: Agh, the arena. Mind fighting in one of my own creation? I fought Razor Leaf in this one...it worked pretty well.

The Multi-Dimensional Room- The battlers fight in a perfect feature-less room, painted a light brown. The floor, walls, and ceiling are completely indestructible, and earth-shaking moves are restricted due to the sensitive equipment beneath the blank façade. Weather moves are also ineffective, as the room is indoors, as well as certain weather moves (Surf, for example.) Rather boring, at least until Round Three comes up...

Warp By Round 2, the floor beneath the battlers will turn black and ripple like the surface of a pond. By Round 3, and every three rounds after, the fighters will travel through dimension via the portal to another environment. Until all of the locations have been visited once, there will no repeats of arena. This calls for a shift in battle tactics at all stages of the fight. Any of the following areas will be used:

Sunken City- A great disaster befell this once great metropolis decades ago, and now all that is left are ruins. It is raining constantly here, and the wreckage of buildings, cars, slabs of metal and wood, etc. are the only things left for non-Water Pokemon to stand on. The water level steadily rises each round, making travel more difficult, and by the third Round, battlers will have nearly no room to stand on, making close combat hard to do.

Train- The battlers find themselves in a train, moving towards an unknown location. Narrow aisles and cranky passengers aren't the greatest assets to a battle, so attacks must be planned very carefully. In addition, the police are aboard the train. Any damage to the passengers will result in their retaliation (5% damage). The train cannot be derailed, but a Pokemon can be tossed off the train, where the battle will continue along the tracks. Pokemon falling off the train take (10% damage), while jumping off is no penalty.

Construction Site- The site of a half-finished building that will probably never be completed. The workers are done for the day, and their equipment lies about waiting to be used. The building is a multi-level skyscraper, but the higher you go, the more unstable the floor becomes, placing you in danger of falling. Try and bring the building down on your opponent!

The Center of the Earth- The battlers find themselves in the center of the Earth's core. The heat is incredible here, making all attacks much harder to pull off (with a penalty to energy). A small island surrounded by a pool of lava will be the place for battle here. Ground attacks are extremely effective, as well as fire attacks, while water and lightning are reduced.

Pirate Ship- Where doesn’t this thing go? The battlers arrive a sea-worthy ship, filled to the brim with pirates, whom you are free to smack around all you like. Fight above deck and send your opponent into the sea or sky, or head below deck to the galley or powder room (ammunition). The ship cannot sink, so don’t bother trying to send this heap to the briny deep. However, aquatic attacks can be used to a brutal extent here.

The Moon Two sides of the moon- one draped in darkness, the other reflecting all of the Sun’s might. Fighting on the dark side of the Moon makes dodging easier, but accuracy lower. Fighting on the bright side of the Moon does no better for accuracy, because everything is so blindingly BRIGHT- but for some reason, nearly all moves are boosted in power. Craters are scattered throughout the arena, and can be used as cover. Moonrock is also quite sturdy.

Chris 2.1
16th August 2006, 06:02 PM
Cool! I'll warn you; Flygon's tough.

Anemos let's focus on Scizor. First off Unleash a flamethrower/gust combo at Scizor - let's see him fly away from the wind itself. Next as Rapidash flies at you, rake across it with dragon claw.

Flamethrower + Gust (Scizor) -- Dragon Claw (Rapidash)

Deadal you're against Rapidash. Let's show Ace it's not going to have an easy time at all. Use an earthquake to disorientate it and then follow up with a water pulse as it leaps up. Finish with iron defence.

Earthquake -- Water Pulse (Rapidash) -- Iron Defence (self)

Chris 2.1
1st September 2006, 08:58 AM
Any chance of a ref?

Chris 2.1
23rd September 2006, 04:35 AM
I don't think we're gonna get a ref, Ace. Another time?

Ace64
23rd September 2006, 03:09 PM
For sure. When you get a slot free, I'll come for your badge. :p