PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Battle Revolution

mr_pikachu
18th August 2006, 11:01 AM
Some of you may have heard of Pokemon Battle Revolution, the new game for the Wii that is slated for a 2007 release. (If you haven't, you might want to read a bit of the information here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Battle_Revolution) and watch some of the trailers.) As the article states, the newest version of the Stadium-style games will change the rendering of attacks - especially those that strike both opponents - and it will feature some interaction with the environment in which the battle takes place.

Frankly, I'm hoping that we'll be hearing a lot more about what the Revolution has to offer in the coming months. While the change in how attacks are rendered is certainly nice (and long overdue), it only changes a bit of the form of the battles without having any bearing on how the tactics actually work. I'd like to see a bit more put into play - maybe different stadiums have different effects on the battles, for instance. I'll be happy if they're at least that creative, to be honest. They need something to mix it up!

(My ultimate goal is to have a Pokemon battle work in a similar manner as some of the exploring/fights in RPGs like the newer Legend of Zelda games, with strategic movements, jumps, and different types of attacks, all coordinated to handle the arena in which you fight. But I can wait for that. No hurry. :))

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the new game. But what do you think? What are your hopes and expectations for the Battle Revolution?

Elec Man EXE
14th September 2006, 11:51 AM
Seems they revealed today that its going to come out on Dec. 2 (in japan anyway, I'd assume it won't hit the US until D/P do as well).

EDIT: Found the link to the video released here (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/12.html). Its about halfway down on page, so you'll have to scroll a bit. Looks pretty neat, though its kinda bad quality. Diaruga and Perukia look sweet, and that dark beam is nifty.

Charles Legend
15th November 2006, 06:19 PM
Guys it's just a rehash of Pokemon stadium with upgrades nothing more, now if it was more RPG based game likePokémon XD then I would be more interested in it....:evil:

~Charles Legend

Poryhedron
15th November 2006, 08:06 PM
Guys it's just a rehash of Pokemon stadium with upgrades nothing more, now if it was more RPG based game likePokémon XD then I would be more interested in it....:evil:

~Charles Legend

Ironically, a lot of people are going to like this game because it is a Stadium rehash rather than a Colloseum rehash. Colloseum disappointed many with its severe lack of traditional Stadium features.
As far as I'm concerned, 3D RPGs are nothing special until they finally manage to bring them up to the same level of quality as the handheld ones.

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 08:29 PM
Ironically, a lot of people are going to like this game because it is a Stadium rehash rather than a Colloseum rehash. Colloseum disappointed many with its severe lack of traditional Stadium features.
As far as I'm concerned, 3D RPGs are nothing special until they finally manage to bring them up to the same level of quality as the handheld ones.

...This game is a sequel to Stadium? Not Colloseum?

YES!!!!!!!

(does backflips)

Houndoom_Lover
23rd November 2006, 02:28 PM
Do you know what kind of starts we get in this one?

classy_cat18
25th January 2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think we get starters since this is a remake of Stadium, which means no story mode.

mr_pikachu
25th January 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, the game has apparently been released in Japan. Anyone happen to score an import?

According to IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750994p1.html), Battle Revolution seems to be all about the battles; it is indeed a Stadium-style game. You can use Pokemon that the game provides for you, or you can copy your DP Pokemon into the system.

The coolest thing in my opinion, however, is the online battle feature. As long as you have the "friend code" (see aforementioned article) of whoever you want to face, you can battle over the net. We need to set up some tournaments here. Seriously. I'll even run them if it'll make things easier, because this is what we (or at least I) have been anticipating for a decade.

The Blue Avenger
25th January 2007, 04:49 PM
I just want to say that Donkarasu or whatever the Murkrow evo is named looks FREAKING AWESOME in PBR. Mafia boss crow wins so much.