PDA

View Full Version : [TTT] Crystal Tears VS Dark Dragonite: Ref HIAGT

Chris 2.1
19th August 2006, 07:56 AM
Check the Information Topic. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=44624.25)

This is a double battle with no time limit. There are no banned moves, and the arena is the Tiny Tourney Indoor Arena; a medium sized, dome-like arena in a canary yellow colour. As a result, weather-based attacks will not work.

Coin flip tells me Dark Dragonite selects first; Crystal Tears will attack first. Any queries on which Pokemon you feel can be eligible, just PM me; but if you want to be safe, stick with first-stage and non-evolvers.

Mega Horny
19th August 2006, 01:17 PM
I'll ref I guess.

Dark Dragonite
19th August 2006, 11:06 PM
Just wondering...any special arena...like good for water types...or bad to use like a goldeen, lol?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
20th August 2006, 05:13 AM
You do realise that CT has kinda left ASB for a while. I'll try and contact her if you need it.

Chris 2.1
20th August 2006, 08:00 AM
DD: The arena description is there. No fish based Pokemon will do well.

MLG: Thanks for letting me know - I seldom check the absence tower. If she is indeed not returning, we'll decide what to do from there.

Dark Dragonite
22nd August 2006, 08:28 AM
sorry...rough week...

I'll be sending out Teeter(M-Spinda) and Donnie(M-Mawile)!!

Dark Dragonite
27th August 2006, 05:31 PM
CT hasn't been on since August 7th, PokemonLuver's post in the absence tower on the 8th said she was sick.

Pichu Luver
27th August 2006, 07:29 PM
[font=sylfaen]Stomps over to deep dark corner of ASB. Grabs CT, and drags her to battle *insert curses with general screeching here* Shoves her into the Trainers box, *holds pan* "Fight on threat of general Pannage." Stomps away.

Her presence has been requested, and her sister has delivered. Enjoy. If she insists on her dark corner, contact me and I will enjoyably dig her out again. *She is working out logistics and I give my word she will be posting within a couple of days*

Dark Dragonite
27th August 2006, 09:44 PM
Summary - Crystal Tears Picture/Text
Name: Crystal Tears
Position: Cool Trainer
Date Registered: August 30, 2003, 10:27:10 PM
Last Active: Today at 10:04:11 PM

*shakes fist angrily* I wanna fight you!!

Chris 2.1
28th August 2006, 04:21 PM
CT has told me she is very busy and while she visits ASB often she doesn't have time to browse it thoroughly. She has sent me a PM just this weekend so I expect her here shortly. DD I understand your frustration but we don't need any more clogging of this topic with CT's last active date or any other posts about her absence. She's on her way and that shall be all.

Edit: A new ref is requested.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
30th August 2006, 03:44 AM
Erm, I'm not registered as a tiny tourney ref, but if this match really does need a ref, I can fill in.

Chris 2.1
30th August 2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks.

Crystal Tears
2nd September 2006, 10:18 AM
[font=sylfaen]
Jeez I’m here ok? DD you can stop shaking your fists (your arm must be tired), my calculations are done and I’m ready to rumble… Well sort of… I will lose, but I must try right?

I choose…

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/shiny/155.png
Red XIII
Male

and….

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/regular/214.png
Zell
Male

Cyndaquil

Red, run forward using flamethrower to increase its power and get closer, once your close immediately use a Fire blast! Then while he’s still hot, hit him good and hard with another Flamethrower. If he tries a double team, use Fore Sight to ruin his efforts and then continue, if he tries to evade, focus your current attack on Spinda.

Heracross

Keep Spinda off your partners back Zell! Rush forward and use a Brick break, if he wants to try a counter, then blast him with a Rock Tomb. He’s not a true psychic poke so you shouldn’t be greatly effected by his psychic attacks. Keep the beatings going with a Double-Edge, and then finish with a Brick Break. Any sign of counter, use Rock Tomb, if he uses double team or tries to evade in general, use Rock Slide to be rid of the clones and probably hit him.

To both of you, if one of them protects, focus all your current attack on the one that isn’t, and if they both are… Red use Sunny Day, and Zell use Bulk Up.

Red XIII
Flamethrower ~ Fire Blast ~ Flamethrower
Subs
Fore Sight, Sunny Day, Switch Target

Zell
Brick Break ~ Double-Edge ~ Brick Break
Subs
Rock Tomb, Bulk Up

Dark Dragonite
2nd September 2006, 11:36 AM
Crystal, you may win, don't get discouraged by what I'm about to do, you did win a tough match in the first round...

Teeter, You may not be a psychic type, but you can still use your Psychic to throw Heracross in the way of the fire attack, seeing as he is weak to psychic type moves, it should equal out nicely for us!!
If this works, keep it up all round, let's let Cynda fry his own teamate, if it doesn't work, Safeguard around you and your teamate(as it says it can be placed around a partner). If that takes the other 2 moves, fine, if not, Toxic Heracross

Donnie, If your partner's psychic works, then Ancient power all round, if it fails, Toxic Cynda while it's mouth is open, that should really poison him badly!! then, Rock Slide Cynda!!

2nd September 2006, 12:24 PM
[font=sylfaen]
Cyndaquil

Red, run forward using flamethrower to increase its power and get closer, once your close immediately use a Fire blast! Then while he’s still hot, hit him good and hard with another Flamethrower. If he tries a double team, use Fore Sight to ruin his efforts and then continue, if he tries to evade, focus your current attack on Spinda.

CT, by him do you mean Mawille? Sorry, just confirming

Crystal Tears
2nd September 2006, 07:22 PM
[font=sylfaen] Oh crap yes. Sorry X_x

3rd September 2006, 02:11 AM
Using a new system of presenting attack damage and energy use, instead of writing it directly after every single attack, I’ll just put it right at the end, to me, it looks neater and it’s easier to do too.
For tournaments like this there are no damage caps right?
EDIT: taking away the Heracross' wings comment - I don't know why I keep on thinking that Heracross has wings
EDIT 2: All of Donnie's attacks are now focused on Cynda. I redid the damage and also energy recalculation because Red XIII is a lot further off compared to Zell. Also added more damage on account of the burns for Donnie, and Zell uses more energy struggling against Psychic. FYI, I randomise the accuracy of certain attacks with an online dice(such as the rock throw, because of the condition of the user).

[center]Crystal Tears vs Dark Dragonite

[font=tw cen mt]
Crystal Tears
Red XIII | m Zell | m
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/shiny/155.png http://www.psypokes.com/dex/regular/214.png
HP:100% HP: 100%
Energy :100% Energy: 100%
Flamethrower ~ Fire Blast ~ Flamethrower Brick Break ~ Double-Edge ~ Brick Break
Subs Fore Sight, Sunny Day, Switch Target SubsRock Tomb, Bulk Up

Dark Dragonite
Teeter | m Donnie | m
http://veekun.com/dex-images/emerald/327.png http://veekun.com/dex-images/emerald/303.png
HP:100% HP: 100%
Energy :100% Energy: 100%
psychic X3 ancient power X3
Subs: safeguard ~ toxic Subs:Toxic ~ rockslide

[center][font=tw cen mt]

arena Tiny Tourney Indoor Arena
a medium sized, dome-like arena in a canary yellow colour. As a result, weather-based attacks will not work. The ref decrees that opponents start at opposite ends of the arena.

round 1
Taking a deep breath, Red XIII runs forward towards his chosen opponent, who stands at a certain distance away, ready to fire up as soon as he is within range. His teammate, Zell, runs too, and soon overtakes him, being a lot larger and stronger. Teeter and Donnie bide their time, unable to move without the very specific trigger commands given by their trainer. Unsurprisingly, Zell reaches Teeter way ahead of Donnie, and slams down a hard hitting Brick Break, causing the tiny bear to be knocked into the ground by a few inches. Smirking, Red XIII unleashes his fiery flames at the Mawile, still running from a distance. To his horror, Teeter executes his revenge by grabbing onto Zell with Psychic powers and holding him in the path of the flame. The flames wash over the struggling bug Pokemon, continue their path and strike Donnie, albeit with less damage. Donnie retaliates by grabbing nearby rocks and throwing them at the distant Red XII, landing several hits.

True to his orders, despite the damage accorded to his team mate, Red XIII prepares a fire blast, but is a little too winded to do so immediately, plus, Fire Blasts require much charging. Teeter’s Psychic hold on Zell relaxes now that there is no flame, and Zell is free, slightly burnt but greatly angered. He roars, charges and slams very hard into the diminutive Spinda, crushing the little bear’s body beneath his. Red XIII, seeing that his opponents are thus occupied has, in the meantime, released the kanji letter of the deadly Fire Blast at Donnie. Teeter sees his opportunity and attempts to put the madly struggling Zell in the line of fire, and succeeds partially – only Zell’s right arm is badly singed, and Donnie is hit at almost full force. The flames die down, leaving only a few small glowing traces in the air. Donnie is stunned, and his newly singed flesh murmurs in complaint as he throws more rocks at Red XIII, but this time, in great pain, he misses more than he hits.

Spinda is already feeling tired from the effort of struggling to hold Zell in place, and can barely resist when Zell once again charges up to him, slamming his fluffy little head hard with his unhurt left hand. Blinking rapidly, he’s seeing double! Red XIII, seeing this opportunity washes the already burnt Donnie in even more red flames. This time, Teeter can only make a weak effort to drag Zell into the path of the flames, failing completely, his mind screaming from the mental exertion not entirely natural to him. Zell suffers some damage fighting back the Psychic, but barely moves more than a few meters. Donnie, seeing that his partner’s Psychic has failed, tries a rock slide, basically, he uses larger rocks, throwing them at Red XIII, cringing as his burns throb and ache painfully. Unfortunately, due to the damage he’s suffered, three large rocks are all he can manage – a rather pitiful rock slide, and only two actually hit their target, one barely brushing, and the other, head on, knocking Red XIII onto his side.

damage energy loss
Red XIII
8+5+10 = 23
4+6+4 = 14
Zell
10+2+7+5 = 24
4+5+4+6(energy used for struggling against Psychic) = 19

Teeter
11+10+13 = 34
7+8+8 = 23
Donnie
5+13+11+4(burn wounds included now, >.> forgot them the first time round) = 33
6+5+8 = 19

Ref’s notes: 1. Teeter was told to hold Zell in the “way of the fire attack”. With no flame, he would have no reason to hold Zell, ne? And Donnie was supposed to wait and see if Teeter’s attack worked.
2. Teeter weighs 5kg, Zell, 50kg. Using Psychic to hold Zell in one place would take a lot of Teeter’s concentration(plus he isn’t even a Psychic Pokemon), how could he have done additional damage? Therefore, any damage inflicted upon Zell was purely from Red XIII’s flames. Also, although Zell is susceptible to Psychic(being a fighting Pokemon mix), he does is pretty big and has a lot a energy left– his struggles out to have caused some trouble to the little (adorable) Spinda.
3. When DD ordered Donnie to “Ancientpower” all round, no target was given – therefore I assume the best possible target would be chosen – the nearest and most easily hit Pokemon.
4. By the time Donnie could see that the Psychic was useless, Red13's mouth was already closed. So he went for the next best attack.

[font=tw cen mt]
Crystal Tears
Red XIII | m Zell | m
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/shiny/155.png http://www.psypokes.com/dex/regular/214.png
HP:77% HP: 76%
Energy :86% Energy: 81%
forced to injure his teammate strong rage against Teeter

Dark Dragonite
Teeter | m Donnie | m
http://veekun.com/dex-images/emerald/327.png http://veekun.com/dex-images/emerald/303.png
HP:66% HP: 67%
Energy :77% Energy: 81%

Chris 2.1
3rd September 2006, 07:19 AM
For tournaments like this there are no damage caps right?

Nope! Good look guys, and HIAGT you're doing a great job.

Dark Dragonite
3rd September 2006, 09:57 AM
I meant for Ancient power to be aimed at Cynda, like the toxic would have

3rd September 2006, 11:26 PM
*facefaults* very well
give me some time to rewrite and recalculate the damage

Dark Dragonite
10th September 2006, 10:51 PM
I'm not well right now, don't want to go into it, I'll do my attacks around 10am EST tomorrow...

Dark Dragonite
11th September 2006, 09:37 AM
Ok,

Donnie, Double Team,Rock Slide(Cynda), Rock Tomb(Cynda)

Teeter, Double Team, Shock Wave(Hera),Psybeam (Heracross)

11th September 2006, 08:49 PM
fyi, I use the newer Double Team reffing, which means no clones >.> Just illusionary images that last for that turn only... (CT told me to always tell people that I ref according to the (updated)Attack List -.-)

Crystal Tears
11th September 2006, 09:06 PM
[font=sylfaen]
Red, don’t worry about that double team, erase Spinda’s futile attempts with Aerial Ace, then quickly Dig underground to avoid that rock slide. Come up under or behind Mawile and use a fierce Blast Burn.

Zell, Don’t worry about that Double Team, ignore them and use Sunny Day to strengthen the sun, then, unfortunately, let shockwave hit and then charge and pound that Spinda with a Focus Punch. Try use best to dodge psybeam and then go for a Brick Break.

Red XIII
Aerial Ace – Dig (avoid Rock Slide) – Come up under and use Blast Burn

Zell
Sunny Day – let shockwave hit then Focus Punch – Brick break

12th September 2006, 07:55 PM
[center]Crystal Tears vs Dark Dragonite

[font=tw cen mt]
Crystal Tears
Red XIII | m Zell | m
HP:77% HP: 76%
Energy :86% Energy: 81%
forced to injure his teammate strong rage against Teeter
Aerial Ace – Dig – Blast Burn Sunny Day – Focus Punch – Brick break

Dark Dragonite
Teeter | m Donnie | m
HP:66% HP: 67%
Energy :77% Energy: 81%
Double Team| Shock Wave|Psybeam Double Team|Rock Slide| Rock Tomb

[center][font=tw cen mt]

a medium sized, dome-like arena in a canary yellow colour. As a result, weather-based attacks will not work. The ref decrees that opponents start at opposite ends of the arena.

round 2
Almost simultaneously, Donnie and Teeter’s forms shimmer, as a whole array of simulacra appear around them, each indiscernible from the true Pokemon. Pointedly ignoring them, Zell attempts to call out for blue skies and bright sun – but has his trainer forgotten? They are in a closed arena, where weather based attacks are ineffectual. RedXIII suffers no such dilemma, and darts forward, ready with a glowing paw and with some innate instinct, he strikes down, hitting his target perfectly. Donnie too stops upon seeing this incident, as there is no longer any point in continuing with the Double Team.

Anyway, he has to move on to his next attack – Rock Slide. He bends down to heft up a well shaped rock – good for throwing – to look up to find that his opponent has disappeared. Red XIII has of course, dug, well out of sight, burrowing underground through the dirt floor of the stadium. Tiny jolts of electricity are already making their way towards Zell, who stoically bears the pain, his face grimaced but he is slowly gathering his strength. He then marches forward, still favouring his injured arm, using the other for a high powered punch onto Teeter. The little bear is knocked onto his back by the force of the blow. He gets up quickly enough, but much damage has been done. Zell feels a little happier, having exacted some just revenge on his opponent for the previous round’s Psychic fiasco.

Donnie is already searching for his opponent, tense and prepared. He is suddenly ambushed when Red XIII breaks through the ground below him, mouth filled with flame, releasing a large ball of flame that sears through most of his lower body, aggravating his burn wounds further, as he cries out in pain. The smell of burnt flesh mixed with tempered steel fills the air, not a very pleasant combination. Meanwhile, Zell and Teeter have their own fight to settle, with the Spinda releasing a Psybeam, which the Heracross, amazingly, dodges. He quickly runs forward trying to take advantage of this, but due to a momentary loss of balance, his Brick Break on Teeter just glances off the bear’s shoulder before Zell manages to regain his footing. Donnie is having his revenge, as Red XIII suddenly finds himself surrounded by stone, in darkness.

damage energy loss
Red XIII
5+6+8 = 19
Zell
8+5 = 13

Teeter
6+15+7 = 28
5+6 = 11
Donnie
17+4(for burn damage) = 21
4+7 = 11

Ref’s notes:
1. The TT Inner Arena is just that – Indoor. It was already stated that weather based attacks will not work.
2. Aerial Ace is reffed according to ASB Attack List
3. The ref’s normal dice are not working. The ref is not happy. *mutters* buuut I’ve found a pretty cool random number generator! Yay.
4. For me, Rock Tomb does no damage, it simply traps the opponent in a prison of pure rock.
5. Any mistakes, pray tell >.<
6. The ref has just realised – why is everyone male?
7. EDIT: It was recently pointed out to me that Aerial Ace doesn't miss... I did check up a few Pokedexes - I guess it's kinda like Swift in that sense?

Right now, there is a moderately small outcropping of rock in which Red XIII has been trapped by rock tomb. Other than that, nothing else has changed, besides the ground getting scuffed up a little. There is the acrid taste of smoke, burnt flesh and hot metal in the air. Mildly unpleasant.

[center][font=tw cen mt]
Crystal Tears
Red XIII | m Zell | m
HP:77% HP: 66%
Energy :67% Energy: 68%

Dark Dragonite
Teeter | m Donnie | m
HP:38% HP: 46%
Energy :66% Energy: 70%

Crystal Tears
15th September 2006, 03:42 PM
[font=sylfaen]
Alright Red, don’t panic, we’ll get out of this, use dig to burrow out of your tomb, then when your coming up into the freedom of the actual arena, use Flame Wheel to make sure nothing can touch you. When your up, let Mawile have it with a Flamethrower! If Mawile uses double team, ignore him and use Aerial Ace on Spinda.

Zell, I want you to target Spinda and keep him on the edge, be super quick and before he can do anything, fly up to him with Double-Edge! If they are both targeting you however, use Bide then let Spinda have it, don’t worry, next turn Red is back so your not alone, so keep the beating on Spinda going with a Brick Break, finally, use another Brick Break. If Spinda tries a Double Team use Brick Break on Mawile, if they’re both use Double-Team, well damn use Swords Dance.

Red XIII

Dig ~ Flame Wheel ~ Flamethrower / Aerial Ace

Zell

Double-Edge / Bide ~ Brick Break ~ Break Break
Sub: Swords Dance, Brick Break (On Mawile)

Chris 2.1
30th October 2006, 12:34 PM
This wait has been too long. Dark Dragonite has been disqualified, and Crystal Tears will proceed to the finals of The Tiny Tournament. There are no prizes due to the shortness of the match. This cannot be used as EXP.