PDA

View Full Version : conspiracy vs Saffire Persian (Ref: Weasel O)

+conspiracy+
20th August 2006, 04:11 PM
1 on 1
We PM our choices to ref
Ref randomly chooses who attacks
DQ: 5 days
Arena: you can choose anything =)
Banned attacks: recovery moves, toxic, attract

:D

Saffire Persian
20th August 2006, 06:49 PM
I'll post an arena in a second, but this sounds like a good battle.

However, could I also ask to ban Toxic and Attract?

Arena: Mt. Pyre

Rumored to be the final resting place of dead Pokémon, this battle takes place on the upper part of Mt. Pyre. This area is extremely long and wide, covered in grass both tall and short with enough room to give the battlers more than enough space to move about. Gravestones are scattered about the arena, and the sound of bells can often be heard. One other unique aspect of this arena is the fact that it often becomes covered in a thick fog. This occurs at random times, and for random lengths determined by the referee. This of course hampers vision and makes it harder to be accurate with attacks. Also note that when the fog appears, it overrides any weather effect going on at the time, and cannot be overridden by any weather move.

That okay?

+conspiracy+
20th August 2006, 07:51 PM
sure toxic and attract will be banned =) and thanks for reffing my other battle =)

Weasel Overlord
3rd September 2006, 04:42 PM
[color=silver]M'kay boods, pm yer pokemon choicees to moi! ^___^ And I'll apologise in advance if I'm annoyingly slow at reffing sometimes...

+conspiracy+
3rd September 2006, 05:38 PM
alright thanks a lot =)

pming right nows

Weasel Overlord
5th September 2006, 12:41 PM
[center]Conspiracy vs. [color=#8fbc8f]Saffire Persian, [color=silver]Preliminary!

Arena – Mt. Pyre

Rumoured to be the final resting place of dead Pokémon, this battle takes place on the upper part of Mt. Pyre. This area is extremely long and wide, covered in grass both tall and short with enough room to give the battlers more than enough space to move about. Gravestones are scattered about the arena, and the sound of bells can often be heard. One other unique aspect of this arena is the fact that it often becomes covered in a thick fog. This occurs at random times, and for random lengths determined by the referee. This of course hampers vision and makes it harder to be accurate with attacks. Also note that when the fog appears, it overrides any weather effect going on at the time, and cannot be overridden by any weather move. [i]

Banned Moves: ~Recovery ~Toxic ~Attract

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/jingleweasel/Pokemon/pkrs281.gif
[color=slategray]Flash [M] – Scyther | Trainer – Conspiracy
100 health
100 Energy
Status – Ok!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/jingleweasel/Pokemon/pkrs242.gif
[color=#228b22]Persian [F] – Serafina | Trainer – Saffire Persian
[color=palegreen]100 health
100 Energy
Status – Ok!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=#8fbc8f]Saffire attacks first
Conspiracy attacks after

Saffire Persian
5th September 2006, 08:48 PM
Okay Serafina - lets slow that mantis down a little with Icy Wind - try to keep your distance from the thing, as it specializes in physical moves. Use Shockwave to trip the Scyther up more, and follow up with the same move (Shockwave). However, if Scyther tries to boost his stats (Agility, Double Team, Swords Dance, Substitute etc.) use Snatch to snatch it for yourself!

Serafina (Persian, Female): Icy Wind ~ Shockwave ~ Shockwave
Sub: Snatch

+conspiracy+
6th September 2006, 12:42 AM
Alright Flash, use Rapid Spin to plow through the Icy Wind and ram into Serafina. Then use Quick Attack to give it a good slash to its body before it attacks. End the round with a Silver Wind.

Weasel Overlord
7th September 2006, 06:24 AM
Conspiracy vs. [color=#8fbc8f]Saffire Persian, [color=silver]Round One!

Arena – Mt. Pyre
Fog: 5 in 20 chance of happening each round, roll of a D4 to determine how long it stays
~No Fog

Theme Tune: The Gloaming (softly open our mouths in the cold.) - Radiohead

Genie let out of the bottle
It is now the witching hour
Genie let out of the bottle
It is now the witching hour
Murderers, you're murderers
We are not the same as you

100 health
100 Energy
Status – Ok!
[color=slategray]~Rapid Spin ~Quick Attack ~Silver Wind

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=palegreen]100 health
100 Energy
Status – Ok!
[color=#228b22]~Icy Wind ~Shock Wave ~Shock Wave
Subs: ~Snatch if Flash uses a power-up move

[center][size=3][color=silver]Let Round One Begin!

Both Pokemon look around slightly nervously at the gravestones as their trainers square off at either end of this long and spooky arena.
The ominous toll of a distant bell chimed, and the referee lifted her hands up to signal the beginning of the battle.

The Persian Serafina pawed her way forward, tail swishing in threatening motions seen in cats everywhere. Calling up an icy wind, the air turned even chillier than usual as ice shards whistled through the arena. [color=palegreen](-1 energy to Serafina | -3 health to Flash)

Flash, stuck all over with shards of ice, stopped and scratched his head. If he could make any other noise but ‘scy-therrr’ he’d be saying ‘duuuh?’. His trainer ordered him to do... something. But he has no idea how to, so he just stood there, looking dumbfounded.

A swift shock of electricity, however, was enough to bring him round to remembering the battle (-2 energy to Serafina | -8 health to Flash), and he darted forward, colliding with the crackling Persian. (-1 energy to Flash | -3 health to Serafina)

Straightening her tail like a lightning rod, Serafina let off another charge of electricity (-2 energy to Serafina | -8 health to Flash), as Flash whipped up a buggy, silvery gust which whirled through the Persian and the rest of the arena, making the air glitter with pretty sparkly particles.(-2 energy to Flash | -4 health to Serafina) Flash appears to be lit up from the inside too; it seems his silvery wind’s increased his abilities! Hurray!

At the end of Round One, the statistics are as follows...

Scyther [M] – Flash | Trainer – Conspiracy
81 health
97 Energy
Status – Crackling with unpleasant electricity
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=palegreen]93 health
95 Energy
Status – Triumphant! Haha!

NB: Scyther can't learn Rapid Spin in either Serebii's dex or Veekun's.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=#8fbc8f]Conspiracy attacks first
Saffire attacks after

+conspiracy+
7th September 2006, 08:17 PM
omg sorry -_- I meant Razor Wind, but I've used Rapid Spin so many times before with Tyrogue to fend off attacks like that it was the first thing that came to mind -_-;

Doube Team ~ Silver Wind ~ Slash

Saffire Persian
7th September 2006, 09:09 PM
Okay, Serafina, while Scyther is double teaming, lets copy his stat changes with Psych Up . You shouldn't have trouble getting it to work, with clones or no. Next, jump behind one of the gravestones and hunker down to brace yourself against the Silver Wind, use the always-accurate Shockwave to send out all the tendrils of electricy to hunt down the real Scyther and destroy the clones.

Next, stand up and wait as the Scyther comes towards you, then at the last moment, disappear with Faint Attack so he'll slash nothing but air, and hit him hard with that Faint Attack. You won't have to worry about accuracy, considering Faint Attack always hits (Just in case there are a few clones around).

Serafina (Persian, Female): Psych Up ~ Shockwave ~ Faint Attack

+conspiracy+
8th September 2006, 12:13 AM
Contrary to the game, Faint Attack can miss, especially if the user doesn't know where the real opponent is... In this round though, it is most likely that there will be no clones due to shockwave, but you never know.

Weasel Overlord
14th September 2006, 06:27 AM
Conspiracy vs. [color=#8fbc8f]Saffire Persian, [color=silver]Round Two!

Arena – Mt. Pyre
Fog: 5 in 20 chance of happening each round, roll of a D4 to determine how long it stays
~Fog for Four rounds

Funny how, funny how
When the walls bend, when the walls bend
With your breathing, with your breathing
When the walls bend, when the walls bend
With your breathing, with your breathing
With your breathing
They will suck you down to the other side

81 health
97 Energy
Status – Ok!
[color=slategray]~Double Team ~Silver Wind ~Slash

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

95 Energy
Status – Ok!
[color=#228b22]~Psyche Up ~Shock Wave ~Faint Attack

[center][color=silver]Let Round Two Begin!

The tall Scyther looked up with worry on his face as an eerie fog began to swirl into the already creepy arena. A bell tolled ominously, and the Pokemon jumped nervously, unsure of what to expect in this weird fog.

Scyther was the first to move, shrugging as best he could and conjuring up a series of clones with a pop, ranging to either side of him. [color=slategray](-3 energy to Flash) Wondering where that Persian had got to, he saw her faintly, outlined in the foggy air, but there was no way to tell what she was doing – except for the all seeing ref, that is. The big cat concentrated, sending out mental tendrils into Flash’s mind and stealing off with his power-ups! Hooray! (-2 energy to Serafina) This action finished, Persian, following her trainer’s orders, leapt behind a gravestone her slightly sharper eyes could see, waiting for an attack to spring out of the fug.

Flash, having no clue whatsoever to the whereabouts of Serafina, sent his Silver Wind howling off anyway, in the hope of hitting her. (-2 energy to Flash) Unfortunately, visibility being so bad, he completely missed Serafina, who gloated to herself as she heard the buggy wind whistling off in the distance.

Crackling once more, Serafina shot off a series of tiny bolts, which zoomed towards Flash, zapping each of his clones and finally himself. (-2 energy to Serafina | -8 health to Flash)

His clones disappeared, much to Flash’s anger as he darted forward into the mist, trying to slash at the annoying cat. (-4 energy to Flash) But the sudden shape looming out of the fog caught him by surprise. Serafina had seen him coming with her keener cat eyes, and her Faint Attack collided with Flash hard. (-2 energy to Serafina | -4 health to Flash)

At the end of Round Two, the statistics are as follows...

69 health
88 Energy
Status – Crackling with unpleasant electricity. Angry at the fog!
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

89 Energy
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=#8fbc8f]Saffire attacks first
Conspiracy attacks after

Saffire Persian
15th September 2006, 01:31 AM
All right, Serafina, lets make the best use of this fog. Stay low to the ground and make as little noise as possible. Use the gravestones for cover if you must. First, use Torment to prevent him doing two of the same attacks in a row, then all you need to do this whole round really is send out a barrage of Shockwaves .

However, if the Scyther tries to up his stats (Like Swords Dance, Substitute, etc.) Snatch it, and follow with the current moveset plan.

(ie. If the Torment was substituted for Snatch, then action after the Snatch was used, Torment would be used, then Shockwave and so on.

Serafina (Persian, Female) Torment ~ Shockwave ~ Shockwave
Sub: Snatch if Status-boosting moves are used.

Saffire Persian
15th October 2006, 09:57 PM
*pokes conspiracy*

+conspiracy+
16th October 2006, 09:21 PM
omg im so sorry =O

Silver Wind ~ Fly up ~ Silver Wind

Weasel Overlord
23rd October 2006, 09:12 AM
[color=silver]Okay guys, this is just a note to say that at the moment, I'm quite busy catching up with my uni reading, and with writing assignments and blah, sooo, in short, this reffing will be up next week. At an estimate, the weekend, most likely saturday night GMT. And by night, I mean verrry early sunday morning, as university has made me nocturnal O.o

If you can't wait so long, just let me know and I'm happy for you to get a sub-ref or something. But, like I said, I promise it'll get done at or before the weekend. ^___^

Wurz over and out. *salutes*

Weasel Overlord
31st October 2006, 12:06 PM
EXPLETIVES! ...I knew there was something I forgot to do this weekend...

Conspiracy vs. [color=#8fbc8f]Saffire Persian, [color=silver]Round Three!

Arena – Mt. Pyre
~Fog for Three more rounds

they will suck you down to the other side
to the shadows blue and red, shadows blue and red
your alarm bells, your alarm bells
shadows blue and red, shadows blue and red
your alarm bells, your alarm bells
they should be ringing
they should be ringing...

69 health
88 Energy
Status – Ok!
[color=slategray]~Silver Wind ~Fly up ~Silver Wind

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

89 Energy
Status – Ok!
[color=#228b22]~Torment ~Shock Wave ~Shock Wave
Subs: ~Snatch if status-raising moves are used

[center][color=silver]Let Round Three Begin!

Both pokemon, slightly discouraged by the spooky fog on this Halloween's day, looked around nervously, awaiting their instructions. A sharp mewling came from the distance, taunting and tormenting Flash until he could take it no more [color=palegreen](-3 energy to Serafina), unleashing the first of his attacks, a whirling silver wind which whipped through the fog, though doing nothing to get rid of it (the fog was made of sterner stuff, it seemed). (-2 energy to Flash)

With such low visibility, the angered Scyther had no chance of finding the sneaky kitty. All he knew was that she was tormenting him from a distance, and it made him very very mad! Fluttering up into the air, he surveyed the graveyard from a higher vantage point. Spotting the electricity as it whipped out of the fog, he swerved, but the accuracy of the attack outsmarted him, crackling once more through his poor ravaged body. (-2 energy to Serafina | -8 health to Flash)

Smirking to himself, Flash took a dive down back into the fog. He knew were that cat was now! Her own attack had given her away, and he summoned his lovely, glittering wind once more. This time, it ripped through the fog, hitting it's target directly, (-2 energy to Flash | -4 health to Serafina) just as she unleashed yet more darting flashes of electricity. (-2 energy to Serafina | -8 health to Flash)

Fluttering to the ground, Flash groaned as his body crackled painfully.

At the end of Round Three, the statistics are as follows...

53 health
84 Energy
Status – Still crackling, getting annoyed with the shocks. Happy to have got an attack in. Tormented for three rounds.
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=palegreen]89 health
82 Energy
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1

NB: Because both pokemon have the same stat increases, none of the attacks do any extra damage.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[color=#8fbc8f]Conspiracy attacks first
Saffire attacks after

+conspiracy+
4th November 2006, 07:48 PM
=) stay up in the air and Silver Wind x3

Saffire Persian
4th November 2006, 10:22 PM
Well, lets use the fog to our advantage still. First use Torment so he can't use Silver Wind twice in a row if the old Torment you used isn't still in effect. If it is, then make yourself a moving target (but keep as quiet as possible while doing so) and unleash a barrage of Swifts . Finish of the remaining round(s) with that same move.

Torment/Swift ~ Swift ~ Swift

Weasel Overlord
5th November 2006, 08:53 AM
[color=silver]Oops, I've edited the reffing to include that Torment. Conspiracy, you can change your moves if you like, I'll wait until I get a reply from you before I do the next round.

+conspiracy+
5th November 2006, 01:23 PM
well... alright lol Silver Wind ~ Swords Dance ~ Silver Wind

Saffire Persian
8th November 2006, 09:55 PM
Mmkay. Lets give it a go.

First, keep behind tombstones, and release a Swift attack to hit the Scyther as he uses Silver Wind. Next, as he's Swords Dancing (the fog should be swirling around where he is located, due to the way Swords Dance is preformed) lets take that boost for ourselves! Use Snatch to take his boost away from him. He might be a tad dizzy from the Swords Dance, so use whatever time you have to chance locations, and stay quiet. Once he launches his Silver Wind for the last time, send forth another Swift .

Ah, and if, by chance, Scyther manages to get another stat boost from Silver Wind during the first or second move, substitute your second Swift with Psych Up .

===

Serafina (Persian, female): Swift ~ Snatch ~ Swift/Psych Up

Saffire Persian
26th November 2006, 10:46 PM
reminder for WO >.>

Weasel Overlord
1st December 2006, 05:59 AM
*shakes fist at vB* it's taken fricken AGES to sort out my coding!! Dang it...
Sorry this is late dudes, I'm unhappily buried under a pile of books on the Romantics >< stupid Lit essays *kicks*

Conspiracy vs. Saffire Persian, Round Four!

Arena – Mt. Pyre
~Fog for Two more rounds

This is the gloaming
Shadows blue and red
Shadows blue and red
Your alarm bells
Your alarm bells
Shadows blue and red
Shadows blue and red
We're alarming
We're alarming

Flash [M] – Scyther | Trainer – Conspiracy
53 health
84 Energy
Status – Still crackling, getting annoyed with the shocks. Happy to have got an attack in. Tormented for three rounds.
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1
~Silver Wind ~Swords Dance ~Silver Wind

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Persian [F] – Serafina | Trainer – Saffire Persian
89 health
82 Energy
Attack +1
Defence +1
Special Attack +1
Special Defence +1
Speed +1
~Swift ~Snatch ~Swift
Subs: ~Psych Up if status is raised from Silver Wind

Let Round Four Begin!

Crouched in the fog, Serafina felt herself at a distinct advantage. Her cat eyes saw ever so slightly better than Flash’s bug vision could manage, and the success of her attacks from previous rounds was almost intoxicating.

Looking around herself, she heard a slight rustling, followed by a howling wind once more, which whistled from the fog and tore into the Persian, (-2 energy to Flash | -4 health to Serafina) just as she released her own attack, a vicious set of ninja-like stars which shot out into the fog and connected hard and painfully with Flash’s electrified flesh. (-2 energy to Serafina | -4 health to Flash)

Wincing from the sharp, starry pain lancing through his tortured body, Flash took a brief rest from battling to perform a curious dance in the whirling fog, (-2 energy to Flash) but he looked highly confused, as he didn’t seem to feel the effects of the dance. Instead, he could faintly hear a feline sniggering coming from somewhere in the fog as Serafina received poor Flash’s strength bonus instead of him. (+1 strength to Serafina | -3 energy to Serafina)

Angry, Flash released yet another silvery wind of doom in the direction of the sniggering, but unfortunately for him the fog was still obscuring the much-amused feline, but luckily for Flash, he did manage to gain himself a lovely stat bonus. (+ stats to Flash | -2 energy to Flash)

Serafina, remembering her orders, sent whirring yet another clump of doomy stars of death which smacked into Flash, knocking him flat on his buggy arse. (-2 energy to Serafina | -5 health to Flash)

Smiling as only a smug cat can smile, Serafina settled down behind a handy gravestone, safe in the knowledge that the fog was her friend.

At the end of Round Four, the statistics are as follows...

44 health
78 Energy
Status – Crackling painfully, but happy for his stat boosts. Tormented for two rounds.
Attack +2
Defence +2
Special Attack +2
Special Defence +2
Speed +1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Persian [F] – Serafina | Trainer – Saffire Persian
85 health
75 Energy
Status – Smugly settled, but getting a leetle bit tired now
Attack +3
Defence +2
Special Attack +2
Special Defence +2
Speed +1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Saffire attacks first
Conspiracy attacks after

Saffire Persian
1st December 2006, 10:01 AM
Subs: ~Psych Up if status is raised from Silver Wind

Shouldn't Scyther's stat up after the second Silver Wind have triggered that sub during the last move? >.>

Weasel Overlord
1st December 2006, 01:08 PM
Well, that's what I originally typed, yes. But then I went back to recheck the commands you both issued and this was my problem;

Ah, and if, by chance, Scyther manages to get another stat boost from Silver Wind during the first or second move, substitute your second Swift with Psych Up .Now, I took that to mean that you meant for Serafina to only use Psych Up if Flash got an increase from the first or second move, which were Silver Wind and then Swords Dance. I was a little confused, but since you put first or second move, I changed the reffing to accommodate for this, as Flash's increase came on the third move.

I apologise if I misinterpreted your commands in any way... ^_^"

Saffire Persian
4th December 2006, 01:17 PM
Okay, while the Scyther is on the ground, use Shockwave before he can get too high in the air. If you can get him rattled that way, continue with two more Shockwaves .

However, if Scyther tries some purely stat upping move (Swords Dance, etc.) just use Snatch .

Shockwave x 3/Snatch

Weasel Overlord
8th December 2006, 05:15 PM
Bumpy for Conspiracy! ^_^

Weasel Overlord
14th December 2006, 10:23 AM
Eesh... and another one... Don't let the DQ get ya, Conspiracy!

((sorry for double posting ><))

Saffire Persian
28th December 2006, 10:06 PM
Where art thou, +Conspiracy+, where art thou?

I'll give you until the 31st to post.. then I'll have to call a DQ.

;;. And I was hoping to finish this battle, too.

Weasel Overlord
31st December 2006, 11:29 AM
Okay, as it is the 31st, I, with due regret, declare DQ on this match. (with apologies if I was an annoyingly slow ref at any time)

Points Distribution is as follows;

Saff: 2 points
Conspiracy: 1 point
Me: 2 points

it was fun you guys! Shame we couldn't finish it >_<