PDA

View Full Version : [YGO - OCG] New VJump Promos - They're Rad Too!

Alucard
24th August 2006, 10:15 AM
http://dmcomet.net/Assets/VJMP-JP018.jpg

VJMP-JP018
Greed Quasar
Dark/Demon/7/?/?
This card's original attack and defense strength is equal to this card's level * 300. When this card is face-up on the field, add the level of the monster this card destroy as result of battle to this card's level.

http://dmcomet.net/Assets/VJMP-JP019.jpg
VJMP-JP019
Darkred Enchanter
Dark/Spellcaster/6/1700/2200
When this card is successfully Summoned, put 2 Magic Counters onto this card. When you or opponent activates a Magic card, put a Magic counter onto this card. Increase this card's attack strength by 300 for each Magic Counter on this card. Also, you can remove 2 Magic Counters on this card, and randomly discard a card from opponent's hand. This effect can only be use once per turn.

- Thanks to NBBS for the scans and info & DMC for the translations.

Silencer
24th August 2006, 03:54 PM
Wow, they look cool. And I just love selfincreases (as in, use their effect to increase their attack and/or defence), a prime example would be Gren Maju Da Eiza in my good old chaos deck.

I still believe a self RFG deck is the true chaos and cards like "this card can only be special summoned by removing this and that from you graveyard" are just monster with a different summoning requirement.

Anyway, I believe that Darkred enchanter MIGHT see some play because of his discard at random effect.

Nace
24th August 2006, 10:58 PM
I need Greed Quasar...

So delicious...

mr_pikachu
24th August 2006, 11:19 PM
Wow. I normally don't reply to YGO discussion threads, but Greed Quasar could be devastating. Yeah, the summoning cost is high, but get it on the field, let it take out some generic level-6 or something, and LOOK OUT. That thing could be a real force to be reckoned with.

(I assume revival cards work on it? If so... dang...)

And Darkred Enchanter could be heavily used, too, if only for its versatility.

Two very interesting, and perhaps very broken cards. Well, at least one of them is crazy.

Alucard
25th August 2006, 02:37 AM
I don't see any reason why both can be special summoned. It's not on the card text so I assume they can be. I'll check just to make sure though.

Both are decent because they're manga cards.

Silencer
25th August 2006, 03:54 AM
Greed Quasar needs good iming to be played. Your opponent needs to have a lvl4 or lower monster on the field.

The most played lvl5 and lvl6 monsters are cyber dragon (tied in score) and monarchs(gets beaten by 300) and sometimes jinzo(also being beaten by 300). If your opponent manages to stop the attack and bring out one of those, youll lose some life points or the chance to give it some more power.

Alucard
25th August 2006, 04:00 AM
Greed Quasar needs good iming to be played. Your opponent needs to have a lvl4 or lower monster on the field.

The most played lvl5 and lvl6 monsters are cyber dragon (tied in score) and monarchs(gets beaten by 300) and sometimes jinzo(also being beaten by 300). If your opponent manages to stop the attack and bring out one of those, youll lose some life points or the chance to give it some more power.

[Ojama Trio] = Problem solved.

Providing tokens are a legal target for it's effect. The +600attack for each token isn't too bad, and if used in conjunction with [Twin Swords of Flurry - Toriasu], then +1200 for 2 tokens aswell as +[Insert Number] for whatever else it destroys.

[Shrink] on a [Cyber End Dragon] = +3000 attack. How rad.

EDIT: Yes, as I thought. BOTH can be special summoned. But Darkred Enchanter doesn't get it's 2 counters if done so.

Silencer
25th August 2006, 05:25 AM
I think you mean Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce (english name). It decreases it's attack by 500, but it could work. Although it seems kind of pointless to use Ojama Trio specially for this card. And there is still the fear of your attack being halted by negate attack

Alucard
25th August 2006, 07:30 AM
I think you mean Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce (english name). It decreases it's attack by 500, but it could work. Although it seems kind of pointless to use Ojama Trio specially for this card. And there is still the fear of your attack being halted by negate attack

[Twin Swords of Flurry - Toriasu] = OCG name. Being and OCG topic about OCG promos and all ;]

Rather then relying on your opponant playing cards down to boost your attack, [Ojama Trio] tokens are a definate +600 every turn untill all 3 are gone. I don't like to rely on my opponant for anything ;/

How Darkred Enchanter Works

Can It Be Special Summoned?

Yes, it can be special summoned though cards such as [Magician's Circle] and [Dimension Magic] . If it's summoned this way no counters are added to the card.

Using cards such as [Compensation Of Blood] and [Mausoleum Of The Deceased Emperor] to summon will give the card it's 2 counters.