PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Chars and arenas

TKnHappyNess
24th August 2006, 02:17 PM
We know some of the chars for SSBB, but what ones would you like to see. And what arenas do you think will be the home turf for the ones already announced. Here's my picks for each.

Characters

Sonic
Mega Man (the old-school version, not the crappy .EXE version)
Simon Belmont (the original Belmont)
King Dedede (as Kirby's rival, same as how they had Bowser as Mario's and Ganondorf as Link's in Melee)
King K. Rool (for DK's rival)
Diddy and Dixie (as a pair similar to Popo and Nana)

Stages

Mario: Peach's Castle again
Kirby: Dream Land again
Pikachu: Stadium same as Melee, only bigger
Wario: Diamond City
Zero Suit Samus: Chozo Ruins on Zebes (in Zero Mission, she regains her Gravity Suit and power ups there)
Normal Samus: Anyone's guess, but it could either be Zebes or SR-388 (the planets that have been destroyed in relation to her)
Meta-Knight: That huge ship he has in the trailer
Pit: Wherever Kid Icarus (the NES version) takes place
Snake: That's a tough one, since I've never played any Metal Gear games
Cel-Shaded Link (I've heard that he might be in there somewhere): Outset Island
Sonic: Green Hill
Mega Man: Never played any Mega Man either. I played AC for the PS2 briefly
Simon Belmont: Transylvania, or more specifically, Dracula's Castle
King Dedede: His castle wherever on Popstar it is
King K. Rool: Gangplank Galleon (where you fight him at the end of DKC)
Diddy and Dixie: I can't think of anywhere specific for them

Andrew
24th August 2006, 07:30 PM
Diddy and Dixie, either a boardwalk where the rollercoasters come, a honeycomb level or on board a ship.

I really love Dixie and Diddy, best platformer ever, DKC2. But I don't know if Dixie will be playable. She rocked. A lot. Kiddy and all those new kongs. Didn't.

But, from what I hear, the Ice Climbers and Game and Watch are getting "rested" for Brawl. This isn't confrimed/denied as of yet. But, it makes a bit of sense. Having sonic as a playable character, it'd be interesting, but I'd want Tails too.

Oh, and Waluigi. Fuck off. Don't you even THINK about turning up. Or that whore Daisy either.

frylock
24th August 2006, 10:51 PM
Psycho Mantis, Ridley(or is he in the game?), and some better pokemon.

TKnHappyNess
25th August 2006, 08:13 AM
Psycho Mantis, Ridley(or is he in the game?), and some better pokemon.

Ridley was in Melee. He made a cameo in the FMV opening where he's fighing Samus, and he's got a trophy as well as Kraid.

Elec Man EXE
25th August 2006, 10:11 AM
Eh, here are my top character pics (some seem pretty likely, some are just pipe dreams)

~ Lucario (Pokemon D/P) - Fighting type, cool looking, plus he'd be good advertisment for the next-gen games
~ Krystal (Star Fox Adventures / Assault) - Female character, unique fighting style w/ staff
~ Kamek (Yoshi's Island series') - Magic user, plus Yoshi needs someone else from the Yoshi series to join him
~ Diddy (Donkey Kong series') - The obvious chioce for the DK series, and I don't think he needs to pair with Dixie to get in, they only paired in one game. People don't seem to want a DK - Diddy pair, but they teamed up as much as Dixie and Diddy did...
~ DeDeDe (Kirby) - Hammer is fairly unique, main Kirby psuedo-villian (though with MetaKnight getting in, I find it fairly unlikely that DDD will make it too, since the main guy and also the creator of Kirby said he doesn't want to "flood the game with his characters")
~ Isaac (Golden Sun) - Golden Sun needs rep, and Isaac is the obvious first choice for that, and he'd be unique among sword users since he has the use of magic as well
~ Ridley (Metroid) - Unique body shape, and Metroid being fairly popular it seems likely they'll get another addition... Ridley is leaps better than Dark Samus :pirate:

As for stages... eh, nothing too specific in mind as far as that. One thing I am hoping is that they'll make a normal-ish Metroid stage, instead of yet another hazard stage like in Melee.

Arnen
25th August 2006, 01:55 PM
I've heard rumors that Skullkid (from LoZ: Majora's Mask) is going to be in it. And Isaac from Golden Sun would be interesting, with his earth Psynergy, although Felix would also be cool to have. It would also be cool to see Twilight Princess Link as well.

If they use anything from Wind Waker I'm going to kill someone.

frylock
2nd September 2006, 02:01 PM
They say Young Link is being gotten rid of, and WInd-Waker style Link will take his place.

Elec Man EXE
4th September 2006, 01:39 PM
They say Young Link is being gotten rid of, and WInd-Waker style Link will take his place.

Thats certainly possible, but there is no evidence to support that. There is one particular rumor that was started, regarding the new characters being WW Link, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. along with the IC, Game and Watch, and Y. Link being removed. But, that is just a rumor, and the person who started it admited that it was indeed a rumor.

Mega Horny
4th September 2006, 05:25 PM
Solid Snake (MGS), Pit (Kid Icarus), MetaKnight (Kirby), Wario (WarioLand etc.), Zero Suit Samus or something stupid of that nature (you can see her face and stuff[Metroid]) are also all playable characters. Psycho Mantis? Awesome.

Alucard
6th September 2006, 03:55 PM
Wind Waker Link wouldn't fit in with the graphical update at all. A single cell shaded character in a game full of all the oldies with graphical inprovements, I doub't it.

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd October 2006, 05:10 AM

Young link was like the best char ever i will not be happy if he is taken out

I also think that out set island will be a fun map (If it does i hope it has the piggies)

Also skull kid would make an awesome char

Waves_of_Darkness
6th October 2006, 12:51 PM
I think I would cry if Ice Climbers were taken out, as well as Game and Watch; I ALWAYS played with those two in tournaments with my friends.

DarkTemplarZero
12th October 2006, 06:10 PM
I think Cloaked Nightmare from Kirby would make a cool character. Andross and Wolf from Star Fox. Sigurd from Fire Emblem. Samurai Goroh and Deathborn from F-Zero. And of course I wouldn't mind Mew or Celebi either.

frylock
12th October 2006, 11:24 PM
If they add any more pokemon, I htink the best ones would be Sneasel or Hitmonlee.

Andrew
12th October 2006, 11:43 PM
But are sneasel or Hitmonlee popular enough to warrent getting a game position? No. Mewtwo had a movie or two. Jigglypuff a rather large re-occuring role and Pichu was in a lot of those mini movies. Hitmonlee and Sneasel aren't that memorable.

I personally feel if they'll put in a Pokemon, they should maybe go with something humanoid or perhaps even Bulbasaur who has been around forever. Grab with vines. Solarbeams. Headbutt.

classy_cat18
13th October 2006, 12:04 AM
I know Raichu's not that popular but I still think they should add it. They already have Pichu and Pikachu. Raichu could be slower than those two but have more powerful attacks.

Also, I read in EGM that Miyamoto himself wants Sonic in SSB: Brawl. Make it happen, Miyamoto-san.

Andrew
13th October 2006, 12:33 AM
I would rather we eradicate Pichu. And thus not have any Raichu. If we're going to have Pokemon, we need diversity. Bulba for SSBB!11 Or perhaps uhm... I dunno.

Alucard
13th October 2006, 06:30 AM
I'd rather remove all the bullshit Pokemon and put some decent characters into the game ;x

Blademaster
16th October 2006, 02:46 AM
Aaaaaaaaaand, I've finally made my way to the Video Games Forum... Sure as Hell took me long enough. :p

Anyway, I dunno, Jay - I mean, I agree that Smash Bros. doesn't need like 10 Pokemon as fighters and another 100 in the Pokeballs, but a couple are certainly good to have - I mean, Smash Bros. features the most popular characters in Nintendo, and Pikachu definitely falls into that group.

Besides, I wouldn't say the Poke-fighters aren't 'decent' - my friend Harry can complete the 100-Man Melee in SSB:M with Pikachu on the Very Hard mode in like 6 minutes. I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but that's still impressive...

But Pichu, on the other hand, is useless. That I agree with, no doubt - one Pikachu is enough without having a slower, weaker, Sub-chu taking up precious space in the game that would be better suited to someone like Dixie Kong or Wario.

And speaking of Wario, if he shows up in Brawl (which I know he will, before anyone else tells me), Waluigi had better show up, too, or I'm gonna be pissed. :grumble:

DarkTemplarZero
16th October 2006, 10:01 PM
Eh Raichu? Like we need another annoying ass Pikachu-like character? I have a strong distaste for Pikachu because he was so massively overpowered in the original Smash; grab-whoring, up smash, edge guarding, abusing his tail, and going off the edge, hitting people three times with his tail to their deaths, and still recovering. Pichu in Melee is extremely annoying if you use him properly and seemed to acquire some original Pikachu's more annoying tendencies, like the rolling electric aerial attack and the ability to recover from just about anywhere. I can see Raichu just being more of the same. I say get rid of Mewtwo, all he can do is shield-grab and he just sucks ass. That and watering down Marth because Marth is just sick to no end and god-like like no character ever should be.

Sonic in Brawl? That would own. I still want Wolf, Sigurd, and Deathborn though.